PDA

View Full Version : NBA: How would a real superstar do with this lineup?

MultiTroll
05-29-2015, 10:36 AM
Prime Pau
Prime Odom
Prime Bynum
Prime Laker Reffing including
Derek Swisher getting any and all faggy calls.
Ron Artest on reasonable medication

How many Championships do the following players get when gifted this lineup?

Timmy Duncan
Dirk
LeBron

Mitch
05-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Maybe ten, maybe zero.

The past is set in stone, you can live in it and hope it'll change, but it won't. That team repeated, thusly earning being called champions.

The Gemini Method
05-29-2015, 01:13 PM
This idiot put Prime Bynum. Mother fucker, Bynum had no prime. Maybe 3rds of prime rib but naw. Another lame attempt at being funny.

spurraider21
05-29-2015, 01:15 PM
This idiot put Prime Bynum. Mother fucker, Bynum had no prime. Maybe 3rds of prime rib but naw. Another lame attempt at being funny.
i mean, he did have a prime. every player has had a prime, even if their prime was shit compared to others. it was very short lived, but he was one of the best centers in the league for a few years (though he was averaging about 60 games played those years)

Infinite_limit
05-29-2015, 01:17 PM
James
0 Titles
1 WCF appearance

The Gemini Method
05-29-2015, 01:19 PM
i mean, he did have a prime. every player has had a prime, even if their prime was shit compared to others. it was very short lived, but he was one of the best centers in the league for a few years (though he was averaging about 60 games played those years) Not every player has had a prime. Len Bias :cry

Clipper Nation
05-29-2015, 01:45 PM
They'd all get 5 more rings in addition to the 7 or 8 they'd have won with prime Shaq.

ambchang
05-29-2015, 02:02 PM

You are right.
Bynum - 117 ORTG, 102 DRTG, (+15), 20.2 PER, 7.8WS, 0.188 WS/48, 1.4 BPM, 1.7 VORP
Kobe - 109 ORTG, 104 DRTG (+5), 21.9 PER, 9.4 WS, 0.160 WS/48, 3.6BPM, 4.0 VORP

JamStone
05-29-2015, 03:17 PM
Seeing how that particular group of components (at the specified phases of their respective careers) were together for only two seasons, two championships would be the maximum any superstar could win with them.

LeBron, I'd say 1 with a chance at 2. LeBron plays the 2, Artest the 3 or vice versa, with Odom and Gasol at the bigs. Very versatile line-up with several guys being able to do different things on offense and switch a lot on defense. Might not be enough perimeter shooting. But they'd give defenses fits with drives and interior passing. I'd give them at least 1.

Duncan would be difficult to put into that line-up. Forces Odom to play SF full time and relegates Bynum to insignificant minutes or maybe no playing time at all. Gasol moves away from the basket, which is okay because he has a midrange jumper but it may limit the use of his strengths and impact on offense. Odom then becomes the primary offensive facilitator even if the offense works through Duncan/Gasol. Duncan is good enough to try to make it work. And they'd get every rebound available. But there are certain logistical difficulties with the line-up being too heavy in the frontcourt and weak and limited in perimeter playmaking and shooting. Possibly 1, but chances are one or more of the pieces get traded or moved to create a more balanced line-up if they don't win it all the first go around.

Dirk would be interesting because he brings consistent perimeter shooting that the team seems to lack even though he also has problems fitting in the line-up as a big. They could go big with Artest-Odom playing the wings. Again, Odom probably ends up being a pseudo PG at the SF position on offense. Might struggle defensively against good three point shooting teams. Possibly 1 but again there are more issues with Dirk's fit with that line-up. But as I said, his shooting could make a difference. Because of that, maybe a slightly better chance at winning 1 than this team with Duncan.

MultiTroll
05-29-2015, 06:41 PM
Duncan would be difficult to put into that line-up. Forces Odom to play SF full time and relegates Bynum to insignificant minutes or maybe no playing time at all.
We can assume a very good vet SF or for that matter any decent SF might want to come over for less money and the chance at Champioships.

As to Bynum, in addition to the above, no one is playing 48 minutes every game.
There's gonna be time for Prime Bynum on the floor. :lol

Dex
05-29-2015, 08:03 PM
Maybe ten, maybe zero.

The past is set in stone, you can live in it and hope it'll change, but it won't. That team repeated, thusly earning being called champions.

I'm not quite sure I've figured out this trolls MO yet tbh.

Mitch
05-29-2015, 09:15 PM
I'm not quite sure I've figured out this trolls MO yet tbh.

How's life, Dex? Family healthy?

KaiRMD1
05-29-2015, 11:17 PM
Not every player has had a prime. Len Bias :cry
His prime was at the end of a coke line

Infinite_limit
05-29-2015, 11:45 PM
Shaq/Kobe - Kobe/Gasol

Glen Rice/Fox - Odom

Horry - Bynum

Fisher - Fisher

Harper - Ariza