PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Kobe vs. his wing counterpart(s) in title series.

midnightpulp
05-29-2015, 11:25 AM
I'm even considering FIBA, since Kobe fans consider minor league International ball important.

Kobe's first Finals.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2000_finals_IND-LAL.html

Outplayed by Reggie Miller and Jalen Rose. He was also outplayed by Austin Croshere, who wasn't his counterpart, but it's humorous nonetheless.

Second Finals appearance:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2001_finals_PHI-LAL.html

Outplayed by Allen Iverson (who was the SG on the Sixers team. Eric Snow was the PG).

Third Finals:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2002_finals_NJN-LAL.html

Kobe outplayed Kerry Kittles.

4th Finals:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2004_finals_DET-LAL.html

Outplayed by Rip Hamilton and shut down by Tayshaun Prince.

5th Finals:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2008_finals_LAL-BOS.html

Outplayed by BOTH Ray Allen and Paul Pierce.

6th Finals:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2009_finals_ORL-LAL.html

Kobe outplayed Hedo Turkoglu and Mikael Pietrus.

7th Finals:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2010_finals_BOS-LAL.html

Kobe outplayed Paul Pierce (but it's very close to being a wash, considering Kobe's awful efficiency).

FIBA:

Not in the Gold Meda gamel, but the semi-Final matchup against Argentina was a huge game for the "redeem team," so it essentially had Gold medal game importance and pressure:

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olym/men/scheResu/p/eventid/4004/gamename/A/groupname/36/langlc/en/roundid/6452/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

Kobe was outplayed by a 6'2" shooting guard named P. Quinteros, who held Kobe to 35% shooting.

The '08 Gold Medal Game, often cited by Laker fans as an example of his "clutch."

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olym/men/scheResu/p/eventid/4004/gamename/A/groupname/38/langlc/en/roundid/6454/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

Kobe had a nice scoring effort, but his "Doberman Defense" was slaughtered by Rudy Fernandez (Kobe played SF in that lineup, LBJ at PF, Wade at SG, Paul at point) who dropped 22 points in 18 minutes on Kobe's head. Unacceptable.

2012 Gold Medal Game:

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fa/game/p/gid/A/grid/76/rid/9105/sid/6232/tid/379/_/2012_Olympic_Men/statistic.html

Luckily for Kobe he got to play his natural position here (Durant was moved to PF, LBJ to SF) so he didn't have to face his nemesis Rudy Fernandez. But Juan-Carlos Narvarro proved to be a difficult matchup and outscored Kobe. Navarro has always seemed to get the best of the Mamba when they've played. Here's him dropping 34 at Staples against Bryant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz4_NQ7-GkQ

So, in the ten most important games/series of Kobe's career, he's gotten outplayed in 7 of them, with the only All-Star caliber wing he outplayed being (an old) Paul Pierce in '10.

Not trying to diminish Kobe. He's still a top 20 player of all-time, but I do find it interesting that he's gotten outplayed on the biggest stages so many times.

Theories on why Kobe seems to decline in this situations?

Buddy Mignon
05-29-2015, 11:28 AM
:sleep

JamStone
05-29-2015, 11:31 AM
Serious question: why do spend so much time on this Kobe shit?

You actually have to expend energy and time looking this shit up, going to links, researching stats, and then writing all this shit up. We get it. You don't like Kobe. You think he's overrated. You want to shit on Kobe fans. Uhh, that's cool and all. But these types of threads you start for your own shits and giggles, I don't get why it's worth it to you.

Seriously, why?

DPG21920
05-29-2015, 11:32 AM

You actually have to expend energy and time looking this shit up, going to links, researching stats, and then writing all this shit up. We get it. You don't like Kobe. You think he's overrated. You want to shit on Kobe fans. Uhh, that's cool and all. But these types of threads you start for your own shits and giggles, I don't get why it's worth it to you.

Seriously, why?

Kobe4life fan, do you ask the same questions to laker fans that post the same volume of stuff about the Spurs with less things to actually back the statements up?

midnightpulp
05-29-2015, 11:33 AM

Seriously, why?

:cry

midnightpulp
05-29-2015, 11:34 AM
Kobe4life fan, do you ask the same questions to laker fans that post the same volume of stuff about the Spurs with less things to actually back the statements up?

Of course he doesn't. Jam always semen shields when Kobe threads are posted, especially if I post them.

unleashbaynes
05-29-2015, 11:39 AM
lots of laker fans post here......since their team isn't good anymore, naturally the topics will tend to gravitate toward kobe.....

Killakobe81
05-29-2015, 11:42 AM

Come on Deeps that is a bit over the top. You have expressed your concern issues with Kobe and his play etc. But you dont do it constantly anymore. But Mid and Amb, two of the better posters on here that post regular (you and Jam are still my faves even if you dont post much) and they do expend a lot of energy on a dead horse and a player who really hasnt been relevant for almost 3 years. Even Harlem has let this ship sail ... I get there is trolling going on but really... who will Amb and Mid convince here? Kobe haters are already sold so all we get is stuff like:

"truff bombs" "Mid putting in work" "Amb ethered Kool" circle jerks. No new dialogue ...and Kobe stans are to entrenched to change that and respond with tim is gay or a cuck stuff.

I'm different I have accepted the Tim over Kobe and I realize some metrics are unkind to Kobe's "legacy".

But I think for guys that can write as well as Amb and Mid that subject is a waste of time. Look at Mid's post about Lebron and MJ it really could be published on a major site. IF I were a editor I would consider it top shelf especially to some of the hacks ESPN etc. employ.

But when I see stuff like this ...it reminds me of a Bronx Tale ... the saddest thing in life is wasted talent. Mid should be above that. Not saying dont troll but going through that much work to troll something he has spoken on repeatedly is akin to filibustering ...which I abhor.

The MJ/Lebron debate will pick up steam with a Lebron title. And i look forward to the new school old school debates it will inspire here and elsewhere. Kobe is essential "dead" he wont catch MJ, duncan has passed him and Lebron is closing or has done the same. Kobe is a great player no shame if he is behind any of those guys ... we are talking about the best of the best. Still one of my al time faves despite his flaws.

midnightpulp
05-29-2015, 11:44 AM
Anyhow, let's not derail this thread with "Why is another Kobe thread being posted :madrun" and stick to basketball talk. I didn't demean Kobe in the OP in any way. I simply presented the stats unbiasedly and find it interesting that the SG of his generation gets outplayed so much by his counterpart in the Championship rounds, whether it be the NBA or FIBA.

I'm fully aware Kobe has busted Melo's ass. But other than Melo (and a young Durant in '10), Kobe seems to have trouble outplaying All Star wings.

DPG21920
05-29-2015, 11:45 AM
I"m not saying what Mid does is right - I'm just saying look at the flood of bs from Laker fans on this forum and none of it is even researched. Even if it's a dead horse, at least there was some time spent on it.

Jam loves Kobe and only complains when it's Kobe related. That was my point.

Splits
05-29-2015, 11:49 AM
:cry mid stop trolling :cry

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Olympics+Day+15+Basketball+6gRyQ25aUQcm.jpg

:cry amy :cry
http://i.imgur.com/esD1ulJ.jpg

:cry 1st 5th :cry

http://sportsstan.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Tim-Duncan-miss-layup-game-7-nba-finals.jpg

midnightpulp
05-29-2015, 11:54 AM
Funny enough, I've only started 3 Kobe threads in the past 4 months.

Killakobe81
05-29-2015, 11:54 AM
For me this is really not a Mid stop trolling. This is more of a mid you are better than this ... I am sincere in saying Mid could really run a fine blog and I would read his shit if he kept things focused on pure hoops.

JamStone
05-29-2015, 11:56 AM

I would. I usually ignore most of the Kobe fans and their threads on these boards however, as they bring nearly zero value imo. mid has shown the ability to talk basketball when he's not consumed with his Kobe obsession. I just don't get it. Kobe has been irrelevant for at the very least going on 2 years now. Yet while you can say some Kobe fans feel the need to still bring him up, there's a case to be made that there are a handful of Spurs fans that start threads about Kobe and/or talk about him as much if not more than the actual Kobe fans do. Again, I don't get it.

Killakobe81
05-29-2015, 11:56 AM
Funny enough, I've only started 3 Kobe threads in the past 4 months.

But he hasnt done anything thread worthy in that time unless you count the this is my last season ...but even that was mehhh.

Kobe was done for me after the two FT's post achilles. He has what one highlight dunk (relative) and one clutch jumper (IIRC) since?

JamStone
05-29-2015, 11:59 AM
I"m not saying what Mid does is right - I'm just saying look at the flood of bs from Laker fans on this forum and none of it is even researched. Even if it's a dead horse, at least there was some time spent on it.

Jam loves Kobe and only complains when it's Kobe related. That was my point.

As I just posted, I rarely even open up threads started by a lot of Kobe fans on this site. I simply ignore them.

I don't understand why mid constantly brings him up when Kobe's been injured and irrelevant for 2 years. Why bring him up? From a poster who doesn't need to bring Kobe up to make decent basketball discussion.

I "complain" because I don't get it from mid.

midnightpulp
For me this is really not a Mid stop trolling. This is more of a mid you are better than this ... I am sincere in saying Mid could really run a fine blog and I would read his shit if he kept things focused on pure hoops.

Why isn't this post an example of "pure hoops" discussion?

Kobe, Duncan, Lebron, and Leonard are probably my top 4 favorite players to discuss (Howard is up there, but conversation centered on him is rather boring), so of course I'm going to start "a lot" threads about them. There was no troll bait in my original post.

An example of my trolling is starting threads like my Gasol-Legacy thread, that are nonsensical and such.

DPG21920
The boards are flooded with Laker fan bull crap. Mid starting a few threads in response is not as big of a deal as that as everyone gets annoyed by the sheer volume/stupidity of the Kobe fan on the board with their multiple threads every day.

DPG21920
05-29-2015, 12:01 PM
I guess the point of it is, even though we know Kobe fan on the board are dummies and spam non-stop, we can out do them because we actually know the game and by posting something like this from time to time, it at least shuts them up for a minute.

midnightpulp
05-29-2015, 12:03 PM
See, this is a troll thread: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248911&p=8030574#post8030574

I rarely make insubstantial posts like that.

I actually wanted to have a discussion about this rather odd phenomenon that seems to occur when Kobe reaches important games and series.

Mitch
05-29-2015, 12:09 PM
After...

Clippers over Spurs
Rockets over Clippers
Warriors over Howard
Lebron over Spurs East
Lakers over odds in draft
Etc
Etc
Etc

It's back to square one for Midst, Cub in the back kicking up his feet.

ambchang
05-29-2015, 12:09 PM
Killakobe81 Why did you drag me into this? What did I have to do with any of this?

BTW, what mid brought up is actually insightful. I never really thought of it. All this talk about clutch play and mamba and killer instinct and all of that, none of them actually can be verified. In fact, when facts are posted, they often proved these myths to be untrue.

At the end of the day, Kobe is an all star, a superstar even, but he simply got lucky (well, you can say him forcing his way to the Lakers was calculated), and on a talent level is similar to Iverson, Carter and McGrady. Seriously, all of them being fantastic players in their own right, just no where close to how Kobe is being viewed by the general populace.

Killakobe81
05-29-2015, 12:10 PM
I guess the point of it is, even though we know Kobe fan on the board are dummies and spam non-stop, we can out do them because we actually know the game and by posting something like this from time to time, it at least shuts them up for a minute.

But does it? When has one of these posts stopped Kool or Luva? And outside of Kool who is actually posting a lot of Kobe threads except his detractors? Why not engage Kool in real debate like me and Amb did for a while? I would love to see some of that in just one thread not five ...

As for MId I am not saying that you were wrong I already said that. But to go through the the research for something 90% of the board already believes what do we gain as a site or what does Mid gain? We already know he is a fine writer when locked in and has a good grasp on hoops. Why not just refute the "stans" in their own threads?

Nothing wrong with what Mid posted and he provided his links to back it up even if I find the Austin Croshere comparison silly (Yes let's compare a role player to a #2 on a title team that makes a lot of sense) and I could refute it but why? I have already established my thoughts On Kobe both good and bad.

Killakobe81
05-29-2015, 12:13 PM
Killakobe81 Why did you drag me into this? What did I have to do with any of this?

BTW, what mid brought up is actually insightful. I never really thought of it. All this talk about clutch play and mamba and killer instinct and all of that, none of them actually can be verified. In fact, when facts are posted, they often proved these myths to be untrue.

At the end of the day, Kobe is an all star, a superstar even, but he simply got lucky (well, you can say him forcing his way to the Lakers was calculated), and on a talent level is similar to Iverson, Carter and McGrady. Seriously, all of them being fantastic players in their own right, just no where close to how Kobe is being viewed by the general populace.

I meant it as compliment (mentioning you) tbh. But if you missed that part and take offense I apologize. Come on Amb, Even a stats person wold have to take in to account the roles of Croshere vs. Kobe when making silly comparisons ...
... But I wont take the bait ...carry on.

Koolaid_Man
05-29-2015, 12:14 PM

:lmao
You clowns are nothing more than a bunch of circle jerk ing phaggots cheering for one....

I'm just croflmao at this notion that yall know basketball and have good basketball takes...shit is hilarious...keep it up...none of clowns have ever laced it up on a high school or college level...or even AAU.....I cannot take the word of you couch potato's....you guys have no atheletism no experience no training no hustle no nothing when it comes to sports....

Yall just like these fat ass media guys who've never played the game just pulling stats and have no idea what makes stats stats....Yall are a joke in my eyes and every real playa and nigga out here...you weak sissy boys carry on :lol

midnightpulp
05-29-2015, 12:15 PM
But does it? When has one of these posts stopped Kool or Luva? And outside of Kool who is actually posting a lot of Kobe threads except his detractors? Why not engage Kool in real debate like me and Amb did for a while? I would love to see some of that in just one thread not five ...

As for MId I am not saying that you were wrong I already said that. But to go through the the research for something 90% of the board already believes what do we gain as a site or what does Mid gain? We already know he is a fine writer when locked in and has a good grasp on hoops. Why not just refute the "stans" in their own threads?

Nothing wrong with what Mid posted and he provided his links to back it up even if I find the Austin Croshere comparison silly (Yes let's compare a role player to a #2 on a title team that makes a lot of sense) and I could refute it but why? I have already established my thoughts On Kobe both good and bad.

Because "stans" don't debate, they troll. I posted this thread for basketball heads to discuss. Trolling would be calling Kobe a glorified Lance Stephenson or saying the fact he missed the playoffs 3 times in his career invalidates his titles.

Koolaid_Man
05-29-2015, 12:16 PM
No gold no Kobe..it's that simple..Tim wasn't man enough to bring gold home....

Koolaid_Man
05-29-2015, 12:17 PM
My bad I meant no Kobe no gold

Mitch
05-29-2015, 12:20 PM
My bad I meant no Kobe no gold

How does an NBA MVP and FMVP lose to Puerto Fucking Rico?

midnightpulp
05-29-2015, 12:23 PM

How does an NBA MVP and FMVP get held to 35% by a guy named P. Quinteros?

Or shoot 30% against Angola?

Killakobe81
05-29-2015, 12:24 PM

LOL, see this is what this type of thread does Deeps...not what you claim was intended. Amb says wow that was insightful I never thought of that but his post says otherwise.

So this thread will get those that already agree with the premise to jump on Mid's dick and incite the Kobe brigade to throw out FIBA etc.

Again how does this help the board or Mid or the folks that know/talk hoops?

Clipper Nation
05-29-2015, 12:26 PM
Because "stans" don't debate, they troll. I posted this thread for basketball heads to discuss. Trolling would be calling Kobe a glorified Lance Stephenson or saying the fact he missed the playoffs 3 times in his career invalidates his titles.
That's an insult to Lance, tbh.

Mitch
05-29-2015, 12:27 PM
How does an NBA MVP and FMVP get held to 35% by a guy named P. Quinteros?

Or shoot 30% against Angola?

Who knows, but a gold came from it.

Killakobe81
05-29-2015, 12:27 PM
That's an insult to Lance, tbh.

LOL

You maybe a troll but at least you are funny at times and your agendas are not hidden. You think them ducks can end those Blackhawks or did you stop watching hockey the day the Kings were eliminated?

Clipper Nation
05-29-2015, 12:29 PM
LOL

You maybe a troll but at least you are funny at times and your agendas are not hidden. You think them ducks can end those Blackhawks or did you stop watching hockey the day the Kings were eliminated?
I wouldn't bet against Chicago, tbh. They're a lot like the Kings, they just know how to win in the playoffs. The Warriors and Ducks both ringing would be nauseating.

DPG21920
05-29-2015, 12:30 PM
LOL, see this is what this type of thread does Deeps...not what you claim was intended. Amb says wow that was insightful I never thought of that but his post says otherwise.

So this thread will get those that already agree with the premise to jump on Mid's dick and incite the Kobe brigade to throw out FIBA etc.

Im not saying it works. I'm saying it does momentarily. Kobe fan gets flustered in a troll thread with actual evidence then look dumb for a moment. It's a release for Spurs fans having to deal with the constant trolling.

Also, I don't get it from Jam's perspective. In his case, just like his beef with Mid doing it, why does he not spend his time posting legit threads vs calling out mid?

Koolaid_Man
05-29-2015, 12:31 PM

How does he quit on his country and refuse to play again...how does a reasonable person come to the conclusion they have no more country pride...instead of manning up taking his bronze medal and simply saying I'm sorry America we tried but failed you...instead he made up excuses and Pop took up for those excuses...

DPG21920
05-29-2015, 12:31 PM
You clowns are nothing more than a bunch of circle jerk ing phaggots cheering for one....

I'm just croflmao at this notion that yall know basketball and have good basketball takes...shit is hilarious...keep it up...none of clowns have ever laced it up on a high school or college level...or even AAU.....I cannot take the word of you couch potato's....you guys have no atheletism no experience no training no hustle no nothing when it comes to sports....

Yall just like these fat ass media guys who've never played the game just pulling stats and have no idea what makes stats stats....Yall are a joke in my eyes and every real playa and nigga out here...you weak sissy boys carry on :lol

:lol You have never done anything athletic. That's fine, but your boys already ratted you out on that..no athlete white water rafts :lol

I've proven myself when it comes to playing sports all the way through college : )

Mitch
05-29-2015, 12:33 PM
How does he quit on his country and refuse to play again...how does a reasonable person come to the conclusion they have no more country pride...instead of manning up taking his bronze medal and simply saying I'm sorry America we tried but failed you...instead he made up excuses and Pop took up for those excuses...

Disgraceful. Wouldn't redeem his country, wouldn't defend his title and won't come clean about his sexuallity...

Clipper Nation
05-29-2015, 12:35 PM
Who knows, but a gold came from it.
Mainly because Larry Brown wasn't there to glue LeBron and Melo (who typically dominates in international play) to the bench in favor of losers like Iverson, Dick Jefferson and Marbury. Brown is an ATG coach, but that was one of the dumbest coaching decisions in sports history.

Koolaid_Man
05-29-2015, 12:39 PM
:lol You have never done anything athletic. That's fine, but your boys already ratted you out on that..no athlete white water rafts :lol

I've proven myself when it comes to playing sports all the way through college : )

You're a fucking midget...if you did it was on a shit team

DPG21920
05-29-2015, 12:44 PM
You're a fucking midget...if you did it was on a shit team

Kool, have I ever lied to you? I even posted proof. I was a 5A State Champion in High School, played NCAA in college and went to nationals there too. I was a winner.

That's probably why I have more sports knowledge than you. I have done it and seen the nuances of what it takes to win. It's probably why you lost the bet to me (even though you didn't pay) when you put your knowledge of the game up vs mine.

Killakobe81
05-29-2015, 12:50 PM
I wouldn't bet against Chicago, tbh. They're a lot like the Kings, they just know how to win in the playoffs. The Warriors and Ducks both ringing would be nauseating.

I agree those Blackhawks is what everyone thought the Pens could or should be ...

Clipper Nation
05-29-2015, 12:52 PM
I agree those Blackhawks is what everyone thought the Pens could or should be ...
Crosby is pretty much the NHL version of Peyton, even down to how the media doesn't criticize him when he chokes. That Flyers series a few years ago was an embarrassment.

Killakobe81
05-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Im not saying it works. I'm saying it does momentarily. Kobe fan gets flustered in a troll thread with actual evidence then look dumb for a moment. It's a release for Spurs fans having to deal with the constant trolling.

Also, I don't get it from Jam's perspective. In his case, just like his beef with Mid doing it, why does he not spend his time posting legit threads vs calling out mid?

I get it from a gnsf perspective. that wasn't Jam's point. I think of you, Mid, El, Deeps, amb and a select few above the common fray. Not saying you cant troll or smash a troll ... but isnt this akin to bringing a bazooka to a knife fight, after the guy is on the floor bleeding? Kobe hasnt been relevant in 3 years. Some of the games Mid posted links to were from 15 years ago? why does this warrant a thread now? Because THEY started it is the defense? Adding some stats makes this side just and the other side just trolls?

Just saying why feed trolls when Mid is capable of so much more?

Koolaid_Man
05-29-2015, 01:00 PM
Kool, have I ever lied to you? I even posted proof. I was a 5A State Champion in High School, played NCAA in college and went to nationals there too. I was a winner.

That's probably why I have more sports knowledge than you. I have done it and seen the nuances of what it takes to win. It's probably why you lost the bet to me (even though you didn't pay) when you put your knowledge of the game up vs mine.

You're a liar....and if you did you didn't play D1 like I did...and another thing I haven't seen any solid basketball takes from you..X's and O's whereas I've shared many intricate and coach level fundamentals on the game....all you've ever done is talk about the salary cap any person read can read up in that shit...

As for me and you Im a big guard you're a small dude...you'd get dunked all over and posted up all day

Silver&Black
05-29-2015, 01:02 PM
You're a liar....and if you did you didn't play D1 like I did...and another thing I haven't seen any solid basketball takes from you..X's and O's whereas I've shared many intricate and coach level fundamentals on the game....all you've ever done is talk about the salary cap any person read can read up in that shit...

As for me and you Im a big guard you're a small dude...you'd get dunked all over and posted up all day

:lmao Fake internet persona strikes again

Where did you play D1 ball at? What year?

DPG21920
05-29-2015, 01:03 PM
:lol Post the proof of you playing in college or else you are just a couch potato like the rest. I've posted my proof. I played NCAA Division II & III.

You have never broken down the game either. I post salary cap stuff in salary cap related threads. I'm not a basketball coach, but I do try to discuss the nuances of the game where I can and plays.

Koolaid_Man
05-29-2015, 01:04 PM
I get it from a gnsf perspective. that wasn't Jam's point. I think of you, Mid, El, Deeps, amb and a select few above the common fray. Not saying you cant troll or smash a troll ... but isnt this akin to bringing a bazooka to a knife fight, after the guy is on the floor bleeding? Kobe hasnt been relevant in 3 years. Some of the games Mid posted links to were from 15 years ago? why does this warrant a thread now? Because THEY started it is the defense? Adding some stats makes this side just and the other side just trolls?

Just saying why feed trolls when Mid is capable of so much more?

Get off that fat white boys dick...that sucker don't know shit...ohh he's capable of sooo much more... :lol no offense but that's some real Ho shit tbh :lol

Alex's foreskin
05-29-2015, 01:05 PM

Koolaid_Man
05-29-2015, 01:05 PM
:lol Post the proof of you playing in college or else you are just a couch potatoe like the rest. I've posted my proof. I played NCAA Division II & III.

You have never broken down the game either. I post salary cap stuff in salary cap related threads. I'm not a basketball coach, but I do try to discuss the nuances of the game where I can and plays.

Lol D2 and D3 huh...:lmao. You not in my league shrimp...you fucking don't even qualify :lol. D2 and D3:lol

midnightpulp
05-29-2015, 01:08 PM
Lol D2 and D3 huh...:lmao. You not in my league shrimp...you fucking don't even qualify :lol. D2 and D3:lol

Quit fronting, Kool.

You ain't never played ball. Just the fact you think Randle can play SF tells me all I need to know. Your lineups always look like videogame lineups, which is the only "ball" you played.

Silver&Black
05-29-2015, 01:08 PM

:lmao Fake internet persona strikes again

Where did you play D1 ball at? What year?

DPG21920
05-29-2015, 01:09 PM

Also, to clarify, I played soccer, not basketball - but everyone already knew that. Point is, playing sports at a high level gives you insight into certain things that you cannnot understand unless you have played sports (which you haven't).

DPG21920
05-29-2015, 01:13 PM
Also, didn't Phil Jackson play D2 :lol? He's a Laker fan hero too.

Koolaid_Man
05-29-2015, 01:15 PM
Also, to clarify, I played soccer, not basketball - but everyone already knew that. Point is, playing sports at a high level gives you insight into certain things that you cannnot understand unless you have played sports (which you haven't).

Koolaid_Man
05-29-2015, 01:16 PM
Quit fronting, Kool.

You ain't never played ball. Just the fact you think Randle can play SF tells me all I need to know. Your lineups always look like videogame lineups, which is the only "ball" you played.

Shut your fat ass up clown :lol

ambchang
05-29-2015, 02:06 PM

It was very insightful, and I really never thought of that. What did my post said that contradicted it?

I am not a real big one on one fan, and that's why I had issues with VORP, which was essentially saying the value over an average bum, but that is difficult to quantify, and depends on the quality of the position (I mean, a replacement center in the 90s is way better than those today, and a replacement level SF today is much better than one in the 80s).

I think there are other factors in play, such as the Lakers being smart enough to go through Shaq or MVPau because that's where the efficiency comes from. I can't really explain the Olympics though.

Koolaid_Man
05-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Quit fronting, Kool.

:lol whatever u say dick head....and what your dumbass need to know is that the Lakers are indeed considering playing him at the 3 Since his weight loss....

Randle is a natural power forward, but has the ball-handling skills of a wing player leading some to wonder if he could play the small forward position as well. According to Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times (https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/589132673655910400), the Lakers could be willing to try Randle at the position in the future, but not right now:

Here's a latest workout vid....get your shit together dude before you step to me....I'm not impressed with your ass :lol

4Ixn_IhalxY

DPG21920
05-29-2015, 03:25 PM
You can play Randle at SF - you just won't win. Oh, it's LA, winning isn't happening anyways - might as well have some fun :lol

Koolaid_Man
05-29-2015, 03:30 PM
You can play Randle at SF - you just won't win. Oh, it's LA, winning isn't happening anyways - might as well have some fun :lol

More conjecture from the soccer player :lol

DPG21920
05-29-2015, 03:37 PM
More conjecture from the soccer player :lol

You're just dissing yourself by default. When you tested your knowledge vs mine, you lost :lol. So if you aren't smarter about ball than a Soccer player, then what good are you in real life?

Koolaid_Man
05-29-2015, 03:39 PM
You're just dissing yourself by default. When you tested your knowledge vs mine, you lost :lol. So if you aren't smarter about ball than a Soccer player, then what good are you in real life?

When did this test happen soccer boy :lol

DPG21920
05-29-2015, 03:40 PM
Soccer man tbh..when you play all the way through college, you are a man.

:lmao losing in a test of basketball knowledge to a soccer player

Koolaid_Man
05-29-2015, 03:50 PM
Soccer man tbh..when you play all the way through college, you are a man.

:lmao losing in a test of basketball knowledge to a soccer player

Donkeybong
05-29-2015, 03:52 PM
I agree with Killa. Don't really know who these post are aimed at except a couple of trolls. Seems like wasting a lot of energy to debate some fake internet personas. I barely have enough attention span to look at the front page let alone to read another Kobe vs. Tim vs Lebron thread.

DPG21920
05-29-2015, 03:52 PM

Our bet. You analyzed the game, thought LA would win. I used my superior ability and thought MIA would win. We bet to test our knowledge and you lost, remember?

Koolaid_Man
05-29-2015, 03:54 PM
Our bet. You analyzed the game, thought LA would win. I used my superior ability and thought MIA would win. We bet to test our knowledge and you lost, remember?

Ok..:lol you sound like a dumbass D3 soccer player tbh....if that floats your boat then be my guest...you funny dawg :lol

DPG21920
05-29-2015, 03:55 PM
D2 Kool. Where did you play your college sport at?

Koolaid_Man
05-29-2015, 04:01 PM
D2 Kool. Where did you play your college sport at?
If i told you...you wouldn't believe me....if I told you I'd hafta kill ya....if I told ya you'd find out my scoring records and stats....