PDA

View Full Version : How long do you hold a grudge?...

JoeChalupa
09-09-2005, 03:45 PM
If you and a friend have a disagreement, arguement, a falling out or whatever you want to call it. How long do you hold a grudge?

I for one don't hold grudges very often. After a disagreement or agruement, and many times it is my fault, I apologize for my error and try to smooth things out and get back to being friends.

Reason being is that I had a melt down with a friend, a verbal melt down, and have not been able to smooth things out. Should I just say oh well I tried?

More often than not we remain friends but this hasn't been the case.

Oh well, just wondering and apologize if this is showing too much of my softer side.

What say you?

tlongII
09-09-2005, 03:46 PM
How long do you hold a grudge?...

I'm too pissed off at you to tell you right now.

BigDaddyMatty
09-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Until he/she buys me a beer.

TOP-CHERRY
09-09-2005, 03:47 PM
I hate that I can't hold grudges.
Most often than not, people walk all over you because of it.

mouse
09-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Should I just say oh well I tried?

That's what I would do.

JoeChalupa
09-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Then it is done.

bigzak25
09-09-2005, 03:59 PM
mouse, Joe melted down on you...he apologized. shit happens. if things were said that hurt, then maybe they were true. both of you guys look in the mirror and think about what you can do to make things better. then give each other a call, get some drink, some smoke, and party like it's a few weeks ago before the shit ever happened.

ObiwanGinobili
09-09-2005, 04:11 PM
I hardly ever hold a grudge.. most of the time I let stuff go.

except when peopel are totally unapologetic A-holes... liek my brother in-law...what a dick.

2Blonde
09-09-2005, 04:13 PM
I'm generally the peacemaker. I always try to make things right. Probably because I'm usually the one who stepped in it to begin with. I can't stand fighting. But putting that aside, I have 2 long standing friendships that have ended. One I don't miss (she was a Bitch anyway) but the other I never figured out why she was even mad. We were friends since the 3rd grade. She was my maid-of-honor at my 1st wedding, godmother to my daughter, best friend, etc... and then one day she got upset over something minor (I don't even remember what). That was it, 30 years of friendship down the drain. I tried calling several times and apologizing to make things right. She was nice on the phone and then called my sister and told her to tell me not to contact her ever again.

I know it's easy to say that people who do that to you aren't worth it, but sometimes losing a friend can be like cutting off a leg or an arm. You are always going to miss it. So I would make damn sure you have done everything you can before you give on a friendship that means a lot to you.

bigzak25
09-09-2005, 04:15 PM
I hardly ever hold a grudge.. most of the time I let stuff go.

except when peopel are totally unapologetic A-holes... liek my brother in-law...what a dick.

I'm still holding a grudge against that blackbar friend of yours...i'll never ever forgive that piece of fucking shit...

bigzak25
09-09-2005, 04:17 PM
personally? i never hold grudges anymore...maybe there was a time when i used to, but that's history...

i am the kind of person that likes resolution/closure though...so if someone was to resist that, that might make me irritated...but oh well, life goes on...

2Blonde
09-09-2005, 04:25 PM
That's what I'm lacking....Closure !!!! Damn :pctoss

mouse
09-09-2005, 04:34 PM
mouse, Joe melted down on you...he apologized. shit happens. if things were said that hurt, then maybe they were true. both of you guys look in the mirror and think about what you can do to make things better. then give each other a call, get some drink, some smoke, and party like it's a few weeks ago before the shit ever happened.

When I see you and LadySpur at the same GTG, then you can talk.

bigzak25
09-09-2005, 04:37 PM
When I see you and LadySpur at the same GTG, then you can talk.

they don't have a place big enough...

but i've never met the woman...i just didn't like her insecure overbearing mod tactics...nothing more, nothing less.

mouse
09-09-2005, 04:39 PM
they don't have a place big enough...

but i've never met the woman...i just didn't like her insecure overbearing mod tactics...nothing more, nothing less.

don't look now, but it sounds like your holding a grudge :lmao

bigzak25
09-09-2005, 04:42 PM
she knows where to reach me...phone goes both ways...people can change...it's not like we ever hung out or talked in the first place mouse...IT'S NOT LIKE WE WERE FRIENDS THAT HUNG OUT, TOKED AND DRANK A FEW BEERS, IT'S NOT LIKE WE HELPED EACH OTHER OUT WITH HOOKUPS FROM TIME TO TIME....

but i'll gladly buy her a diet coke to go with her Mc5pounder and SupaFries if the occasion should ever arise...

mouse
09-09-2005, 04:44 PM
i'll gladly buy her a diet coke to go with her Mc5pounder and SupaFries if the occasion should ever arise...
Ok cool I will set it up. when you comming back to SA?

SpursWoman
09-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Less than 24 hours. :)

mouse
09-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Less than 24 hours. :)

That is to soon, The Zoo requires a 48 hour notice before you can take out one of their Hippos. :lmao

SpursWoman
09-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Dammit....that's how long I usually hold a grudge. :oops :lol

bigzak25
09-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Ok cool I will set it up. when you comming back to SA?

who knows...tell her christmas seems like a lock...:tu

hey man, i need you to put a USB in the computer for me...my friend Al is gonna bring the comp by the diamondshamrock by your house, pick you up, drop you off with the computer and card and you work your magic.

When done? Call him and he'll come pick it up. gimme holla on the cellie when your phone is up and running...

spurs=bling
09-09-2005, 04:50 PM
the longest i held a grudge was 2 weeks, but most of the time 3 days.

Shelly
09-09-2005, 04:52 PM
I never hold a grudge. If people stay mad at me or whatever, then that's their problem. I don't have time to deal with that shit.

2Blonde
09-09-2005, 04:55 PM
I think my husband secretly likes it when when we fight because I vent my rage by cleaning house. It's either that or choke the living crap out of him.

Luckily for me we don't fight too often. :lol Although the house could use a good fight right now.

mouse
09-09-2005, 04:55 PM
who knows...tell her christmas seems like a lock...:tu

hey man, i need you to put a USB in the computer for me...my friend Al is gonna bring the comp by the diamondshamrock by your house, pick you up, drop you off with the computer and card and you work your magic.

When done? Call him and he'll come pick it up. gimme holla on the cellie when your phone is up and running...

My phone stop ringing again, It's a dollar store phone and it sucks, I can call him from a pay phone if you e mail the #

[email protected]

Will I get a six pack out of the deal?

mouse
09-09-2005, 04:57 PM
I never hold a grudge. If people stay mad at me or whatever, then that's their problem. I don't have time to deal with that shit.

so you have forgiven FEMA already?

Shelly
09-09-2005, 04:57 PM
I think my husband secretly likes it when when we fight because I vent my rage by cleaning house. It's either that or choke the living crap out of him.

Luckily for me we don't fight too often. :lol Although the house could use a good fight right now.

:lol

It's a good thing we don't have a gun. I might be in jail right now!

bigzak25
09-09-2005, 04:59 PM
My phone stop ringing again, It's a dollar store phone and it sucks, I can call him from a pay phone if you e mail the #

[email protected]

Will I get a six pack out of the deal?

it can be arranged...seems like you need a phone more than a sixpack though...if we have one laying around the house, i'll tell him to bring it too...

i'll call you for the next 5 minutes...keep picking up the phone til i'm on the other end...:tu

CosmicCowboy
09-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Minor arguments and beefs I get over immediately. I am usually the one to make peace even if I need to "apologize" and still don't think I did anything wrong.

Betray my friendship and fuck me over and its another story. Those are lifetime things. There are two people I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

Betray my friendship and REALLY fuck me over and it's lifetime and potentially deadly. There are another two guys I would supply the gasoline and match if I was sure I could get away with it.

JoeChalupa
09-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Wassup BigZak!? Thanks bro.

Ah...the old broken phone. :lol

2Blonde
09-09-2005, 05:02 PM
There are another two guys I would supply the gasoline and match if I was sure I could get away with it.
I like your thinking. I have someone in mind right now. :lol

CosmicCowboy
09-09-2005, 05:09 PM
I like your thinking. I have someone in mind right now. :lol

hehehe...your cleaning therapy doesn't work for me when someone finally pisses me off. I could clean up New Orleans, Mississippi, and Alabama by myself and STILL be pissed off...LOL

CharlieMac
09-09-2005, 05:21 PM
I can't hold grudges.

Unless it results in the loss of life or a pan of boiling water being thron in someone's face and/or penis.

JoeChalupa
09-09-2005, 05:22 PM
I concur.

CosmicCowboy
09-09-2005, 05:36 PM
You guys are either really really nice or else you have never been really really fucked over.

Sportcamper
09-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Aa attractive blonde who gets so angry she cleans the house? Your husband is a very lucky man... :lol (He should take you out for a nice dinner tonight)....

CC- Everyone has been raked over the coals or suffered adversity at some time in their life...When Rudy Tomjanovich was asked if he held a grudge against Kermit Washington for almost killing him & ruining his NBA career Rudy said, “I let go of the anger & forgave him a long long time ago...I needed to do it for myself so I could move on & live a productive life”...

Rudy’s philosophy may not be easy to live by but I think that it is very sound doctrine.... :smokin

CosmicCowboy
09-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Rudys situation was different. It was a heat of the moment competitive thing.

But you are right. Most cases fall in that category for me as well.

SpursWoman
09-09-2005, 06:05 PM

Oh, and I do this too. :lol

I realized the day I started turning into my mother when I cooked a special dinner as sort of an olive branch without having to actually say anything. That's exactly what she used to do. :oops :lol

midgetonadonkey
09-09-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm still holding grudges against people eventhough it has been over 15 years since they wronged me. I never forget when people piss me off.

MannyIsGod
09-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Grudges are for fuckheads :)

pooh
09-09-2005, 10:22 PM
How long do I hold a grudge...lets see. People are like potted plants...they all have to go into the ground soon. You figure it out.

Fonzie
09-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Holding grudges ain't cool.

angel_luv
09-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Holding grudges ain't cool.

Well Said :lol

jochhejaam
09-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Me and a couple of the guys at work get into impassioned discussions (no profanity) at times (I"m impassioned, they're out of control :lol ) and I'm ready to laugh about it and move on almost as soon as the discussion is over. At times it'll take my coworker a couple of days to get over it. If you've apologized that's all you can do. The bigger man initiates an attempt ot work it out but you can't force someone to reconcile. Depending on the seriousness of the fallout it usually works itself out. Good Luck.

JoePublic
09-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Grudges? I stopped when I was about 12.

Banjo Boy
09-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Grudges? I stopped when I was about 12.

I can fix that, spot me 800 bucks :lmao

David Bowie
09-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Sometimes Ill hold one forever. I can still be real good friends with a person, but still not forgive them about something. But I usually don't let that influence the friendship.

Vashner
09-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Till they shovel dirt on my coffin.

mookie2001
09-11-2005, 04:51 PM
in the year 2000 cant be faded told his mom I gave him a joint she found in his car
him and his mom have hated me ever since

MsMcGillyCutty
09-11-2005, 07:41 PM
I don't....I like make up sex too much. :elephant

hussker
09-11-2005, 08:11 PM
I do not hold one at all. Only defeats the one holding the grudge..

Marklar MM
09-11-2005, 08:13 PM
The spirits in The Grudge sure could hold a grudge.

Useruser666
09-11-2005, 08:20 PM
A long time.

Johnny Tightlips
09-12-2005, 01:40 AM
Who says I been holdin'?

Samr
09-12-2005, 06:28 AM
how long do you hold a grudge?

Until the hitman can get to them.

TheSuckUp
09-12-2005, 06:35 AM
About 2 minutes.

batman2883
09-12-2005, 07:59 AM
I hold grudges pretty damn long if someone ruins loyalty in a friendship to me...like rating me out in certain situations or not keeping their mouths shut with top secret information....but the biggest grudge i hold is one someone who doesnt know shit about my life tries to call me a bad father...im holding a grudge right now with some bastard i use to call a best freind for that