PDA

View Full Version : Katrina Victim Detain For Telling Cheney to 'Go F#uck Himself'

Nbadan
09-09-2005, 03:55 PM
by jacksonthor
Fri Sep 9th, 2005 at 12:34:13 PDT
By Jackson Thoreau

Dr. Ben Marble, a young emergency room physician who plays in alternative rock bands and does art on the side, needs our help. Since he was the one who told Dick Cheney to "go fuck yourself" on Thursday, that's the least we can do.

Marble is a complex guy, to say the least. Some of the lyrics he writes can be considered harsh by some - personally what I've heard is very much on target - but he has a softer side as an organizer of breast cancer fund-raisers, not to mention an ER doctor.

When he, like thousands of others, lost his home due to Hurricane Katrina last week, it was the single most traumatic week of his life. That led to his confrontation with the man who best represents the worst of the most callous, heartless, shittiest administration in U.S. history on Thursday.

jacksonthor's diary :: ::

As Marble explains, he was driving to his destroyed house Thursday in Gulfport, Ms., when military police refused to allow him to cross a barricade that was about 200 feet from his home. They forced him to drive an extra 20 minutes and spend even more on gasoline.

"Thanks to Dubya Gump and Mr. Cheney, gas is really expensive and extremely hard to get anywhere Katrina has destroyed," Marble wrote. "So needless to say, I was extremely aggravated that they wouldn't let me pass."

Suddenly a long line of dark cars pulled up, and they honked at Marble to back up to let them through the barricade that supposedly no one could drive through. That only made Marble madder so he did what most of us would do - or at least consider doing.

"I waved a middle finger at the caravan," Marble wrote.

After driving the extra 20 minutes and filming video of destruction along the way, he made it to his home. Marble overheard a neighbor say that Cheney was down the street talking to people. That's when he got the idea to go meet Dr. Evil himself.

"I am no fan of Mr. Cheney because of several reasons," Marble wrote. "For those who don't know, Mr. Cheney is infamous for telling Senator Leahy 'go fu** yourself' on the Senate floor. Also, I am not happy about the fact that thousands have died due to the slow action of FEMA, not to even mention the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time, i.e. Iraq."

So Marble asked a couple police officers if he and a friend could walk down to Cheney. They told him Cheney was "looking forward" to talking to "the locals."

"So we grabbed my Canon digital rebel and my Sony videocamera and started walking down the street," Marble wrote. "And then right in front of the destroyed tennis court I used to play on Dick Cheney was giving a pep rally, talking to the press. The secret service guys patted us down and waved the wands over us, and then let us pass."

As he stood about 10 feet away from Cheney and his friend and some camera operators from CNN and other media filmed the scene, Marble suddenly yelled, "Go fuck yourself, Mr. Cheney! Go fuck yourself, you asshole!"

Hey, at least Marble was polite. After all, he referred to Cheney as "Mr. Cheney."

"I had no intention of harming anyone but merely wanted to echo Mr. Cheney's infamous words back at him," Marble wrote. "At that moment, I noticed the Secret Service guys with a panic-stricken look on their faces, like they were about to tackle me, so I calmly walked away back to my former house."

His friend videotaped a little bit longer and then came back to Marble's house. As they were salvaging a few things from Marble's home, two military police waving M-16's showed up and said they were looking for someone who fit Marble's description who had cursed at Cheney.

"I told them I was probably the person they were looking for, and so they put me in handcuffs and 'detained' me for about 20 minutes or so," Marble wrote. "My right thumb went numb because the cuffs were on so tight, but they were fairly courteous and eventually released me after getting all my contact info. They said I had NOT broken any laws so I was free to go."

So let's get this straight: A physician with a newborn baby loses most everything he owns in the hurricane, does what most of us WANT to do and "echoes" Cheney's words he spoke on the god-damned Senate floor last year, walks away harmlessly, mission accomplished, and then once the media cameras leave, he is treated like a foreign terrorist as Cheney's goons waving M-16s handcuff him in front of his destroyed home? Had it not been for the media cameras filming the initial scene, I doubt Cheney's goons would have just let Marble go after 20 minutes.

America, land of the free?

Marble and his family have been in the media spotlight before, including his wife, Lisa, and baby, Sofia Grace, who was born shortly after the storm, on CNN. Marble has also been interviewed in art magazines and the Biloxi Sun Herald about his concert fund-raisers and musical success -- one of his bands, dR. O, has had at least 20 No. 1 songs on the MP3.com charts.

"The truth is even with all our losses, we are still luckier than many people down here because at least we didn't die," Marble wrote. "But I thought I could try to raise some awareness to the bad policies of the Dubya Gump administration and also possibly raise some money to replace the many things we lost, and so I decided I would auction the videotape my friend shot of the event. I will also grant an interview
to the winner if so desired."

So go to eBay here and place a bid for this important video to help Marble raise some needed funds. I have done so and was at least at one time the high bidder.

Marble also has an Internet site with photographs of some damage in his town at http://www.HurricaneKatrinaSucked.com . A photo of him is at http://www.theharbinger.org/xix/000919/smith.html and you can also email Marble at [email protected] .

The video on EBay is currently at $243.50. You can bid here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7712048060&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1)

TOP-CHERRY
09-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Hey, at least Marble was polite. After all, he referred to Cheney as "Mr. Cheney."

:lol

Marcus Bryant
09-09-2005, 04:08 PM
What a hero.

Jelly
09-09-2005, 04:08 PM
So that was some local doctor. I guess that proves me wrong. When I heard that unhinged voice screaming "go fuck yourself cheney" I thought....NBADan? :lol

Jelly
09-09-2005, 04:09 PM
He shouldn't have been handcuffed for it though.

boutons
09-09-2005, 04:11 PM
"Broke no laws" but was handcuffed and interrogated by armed military police?
That's harassment and intimidation.
This poor mofo Marble's troubles are just beginning.
Expect IRS audits, and all kinds of other shit.

dickhead, GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Dos
09-09-2005, 04:21 PM
I am sure he didn't enough gas money for his tahoe ..

SpursWoman
09-09-2005, 04:40 PM
"Broke no laws" but was handcuffed and interrogated by armed military police?
That's harassment and intimidation.
This poor mofo Marble's troubles are just beginning.
Expect IRS audits, and all kinds of other shit.

dickhead, GO FUCK YOURSELF.

"I told them I was probably the person they were looking for, and so they put me in handcuffs and 'detained' me for about 20 minutes or so," Marble wrote. "My right thumb went numb because the cuffs were on so tight, but they were fairly courteous and eventually released me after getting all my contact info. They said I had NOT broken any laws so I was free to go."

*sigh*

That's seriously shitty that they wouldn't let him through, though. I'd have probably given them the bird, too. There aren't any functional Tigermarts around there for a long ways....

CharlieMac
09-09-2005, 05:23 PM
What a patriot!!!!!

ChumpDumper
09-09-2005, 05:39 PM
It was pretty hilarious.

Vashner
09-09-2005, 06:18 PM
Yea I just saw that on Mexican TV news hahah.

I am sure they won't charge the guy just had to detain him for security reasons (make sure he's not a suicider or armed etc). I am sure he was released after Cheney left the area.

Clandestino
09-10-2005, 08:50 AM
also, they had to check to see who he was. he is now, "on the list." and who gives a fuck if he had to drive extra. that is what happens when a vip is in the area. you can't be too safe.

also, for a doctor, he is not too smart. and i don't agree with the writer when he says most would like to tell dick cheney to go fuck himself.. that is bullshit...

jochhejaam
09-10-2005, 08:59 AM
also, they had to check to see who he was. he is now, "on the list." and who gives a fuck if he had to drive extra. that is what happens when a vip is in the area. you can't be too safe.

also, for a doctor, he is not too smart. and i don't agree with the writer when he says most would like to tell dick cheney to go fuck himself.. that is bullshit...

The author, Thoreau, is a contributing writer for Liberal Slant, so it's no surprise that he would spin it that way.

http://www.liberalslant.com/

JoePublic
09-10-2005, 09:08 AM
No slant is even needed. Yeah, I'd tell Cheney to go fuck himself too.

Bastard was no where to be seen during Katrina.

Clandestino
09-10-2005, 09:14 AM
most fuckers didn't even try to get out themselves... they are too used to government handouts.

JoePublic
09-10-2005, 09:32 AM
You are an idiot and I pray that your ignorant ass never goes through a disaster like this.

Clandestino
09-10-2005, 09:36 AM
tell me what i said is not true... many wanted to ride out the storm and IGNORED warnings..

jochhejaam
09-10-2005, 10:03 AM
No slant is even needed. Yeah, I'd tell Cheney to go fuck himself too.Bastard was no where to be seen during Katrina.

Unfortunately too many dems have this same juvenile profane mindset.
And they wonder why the American people won't elect them into the White House.

JoeChalupa
09-10-2005, 10:10 AM
They elected Bill to two terms!!!
And I've seen plenty of "juvenille mindset" from conservative republicans.

Clandestino
09-10-2005, 10:14 AM
i voted for bill...

ChumpDumper
09-10-2005, 10:21 AM
Unfortunately too many dems have this same juvenile profane mindset.You mean the same one Cheney has?

If you want to get juvenille -- he said it first!

jochhejaam
09-10-2005, 11:00 AM
They elected Bill to two terms!!!
And I've seen plenty of "juvenille mindset" from conservative republicans.

They've gone farther left since Bill. Should have stayed closer to center.

The juvenile mindset comment was more specific to JP than a generalization.

jochhejaam
09-10-2005, 11:01 AM
You mean the same one Cheney has?

If you want to get juvenille -- he said it first!

Okay, Dick said it too.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Heh-heh.

You said Dick.[/juvenille Butt-Head reference]

Vashner
09-10-2005, 04:13 PM
That guys is dumb because now for the rest of his life the "agency" is going to be keeping taps on him 24x7..

They gonna know when he craps.. when he eats and where he eats. When and where he sleeps and he can forget about ever having a private phone call the rest of his life.

Useruser666
09-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah, our government is terrible. He yelled fuck you to the vice president of The United States of America. Try doing that to the vice president in about half the countries in the world and see what happens to you. He was detained and released. Big stinking deal.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-10-2005, 05:31 PM
What's wrong with what they did? It can be construed as a threat to the VP, and the Secret Service and military wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't check it out, for all they knew he could have had a gun.

they were fairly courteous and eventually released me after getting all my contact info. They said I had NOT broken any laws so I was free to go."

So, they got his info. and somehow that's more proof our government sucks? At least he didn't turn up dead like people around the Whitewater scandal with the Clintons.

Hook Dem
09-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Yeah, our government is terrible. He yelled fuck you to the vice president of The United States of America. Try doing that to the vice president in about half the countries in the world and see what happens to you. He was detained and released. Big stinking deal.
It is a big deal to the liberals because they are grasping at straws. Thats all they have left. "If he's a Republican...shit on him."

jochhejaam
09-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Heh-heh.

You said Dick.[/juvenille Butt-Head reference]

I meant Richard not *ick.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2005, 06:30 PM
That guys is dumb because now for the rest of his life the "agency" is going to be keeping taps on him 24x7..

They gonna know when he craps.. when he eats and where he eats. When and where he sleeps and he can forget about ever having a private phone call the rest of his life.He's hella smart.

I smell book deal.

Perhaps Jim Carrey can play him in the movie.

midgetonadonkey
09-10-2005, 08:20 PM
He's lucky he just got yelled at. If I was there I would spit on the bastard. Not because he is a republican or conservative. Just because I would make news. Actually I would probably spit on any well known person I come across, all current and former Spurs excluded.

Nbadan
09-15-2005, 03:25 AM
Dr. Ben Marbles speaks out!

so it should be obvious that i am no fan of the republicans but i as of right now i am not a democrat either....now i do see the potential for hope within the democratic party but in my mind both parties are out of touch with REALITY..the busheep have their right wing fanatic pseudo-Christian agenda which has no basis in REALITY and the dems seem to have a PC Utopian agenda which is nice but reality is nowhere close to utopia...so i guess my point is i would never become a republican but would consider becoming a democrat...reality is i vote for whichever candidate i think will do the best job regardless of party affiliation and i would think most Americans do the same.....anyway i have received literally thousands of emails with the overwhelming majority in support of my actions...probably 1 in 50 is negative and have even received a few not so subtle threats but the funny things is all i tell those people is they are hypocrites bc i merely said the same thing the dick said on the floor of the senate...LOL....i have also received a ton of requests for interviews but i really don't know who i should talk to??? any suggestions would be appreciated...I would also consider auctioning some of my paintings if anyone knows a good art auction site? i guess my main priority other than rebuilding my life is to get the video we shot on national tv so everyone will know the sequence of events that led up to me saying "GO FUCK YOURSELF MR. CHENEY".....i have many other things i would like to discuss but i have to go right now

thanks
Ben Marble, M.D.

Painter, Musician, Doctor, Philantrophist, Activist....Dude's probably got pussy falling out of his pockets.

Marcus Bryant
09-15-2005, 07:46 AM
If you act belligerent around anyone the Secret Service is guarding, be it a D or a R then its not surprising to see them step in. Yelling at a Vice President in close proximity is a certain way to get some attention from an agent or two.

They are charged with making sure they don't have a dead Vice President or President on their hands. Fairly obvious and not nefarious, but sometimes in this forum the obvious needs to be pointed out.

Clandestino
09-15-2005, 08:07 AM
stfu! dude is a dipshit and just trying to make more money... "i want to sell some paintings" hahah.. :lmao stfu!

MiNuS
09-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Who The Hell Elects These Idiots?

Useruser666
09-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Who The Hell Elects These Idiots?

The American people.

mookie2001
09-16-2005, 10:16 AM
What's wrong with what they did? It can be construed as a threat to the VP

theyve got a lot of detaining to do

boutons
09-16-2005, 10:19 AM
"It can be construed as a threat to the VP"

In fact, it was nothing but free speech, using dickhead's own expression. Did anybody detain and question dickhead when used that phrase, aggressively, on a member of Congress.

This is absolutely political harassment and intimidation by a bully.

mookie2001
09-16-2005, 10:23 AM
free speech is limited under this administration, thus not making it free at all
the freedoms of assembly, press, and unreasonable search and siezure have also been trampled on
why would Bush use the words "freedom and "liberty" so much in his speeches
because thats what he cares about
and why the Patriot Act is named the "patriot" act, because its patriotic
its all very clear

Useruser666
09-16-2005, 10:24 AM
OMG, what a load. I guess anyone and everyone should just be allowed to go and take a big piss on any government official they want? Let's not have any consequences for our own actions or anything like that. We have a freedom to protest our government, take actions to change it and mold it to fit the people, but use some common sense. Don't defend some action that would have gotten your ass kicked on the play ground.

mookie2001
09-16-2005, 10:26 AM
who can i say fuck you to user?
my brother, what if he's a cop,my mayor, my state rep, my state sen, my us rep?

SpursWoman
09-16-2005, 10:30 AM
How about growing up and getting a little class? There are better, more effective ways of expressing yourself. True, they might not be as gratifying...but that doesn't make it any less crude or threatening.

The P. & the VP. are under a constant threat from all the crazies out there...they can't let something like that go under that close a proximity and not at least check it out. That would happen with ANY administration.

Useruser666
09-16-2005, 10:35 AM
who can i say fuck you to user?
my brother, what if he's a cop,my mayor, my state rep, my state sen, my us rep?

You can say whatever you want to anyone. Just be prepared for the repercussions.

mookie2001
09-16-2005, 10:36 AM
How about growing up and getting a little class? There are better, more effective ways of expressing yourself. True, they might not be as gratifying...but that doesn't make it any less crude.
sw not everything can be argued with acting pompous
have you ever used that expression? ever?
how about when your home, city and job have all been destroyed and there is a vp who was fishing in wyoming when it happened making a photo op in your neighborhood?

The P. & the VP. are under a constant threat from all the crazies out there...they can't let something like that go under that close a proximity and not at least check it out. That would happen with ANY administration.
ok "go fuck yourself" is a threat to force cheney to go have intercourse with himself?

i could see "im gonna fuck you up" "or you better fucking run and hide" or "get ready for me to kill you" but "go fuck yourself"? thats a stretch

SpursWoman
09-16-2005, 10:55 AM
sw not everything can be argued with acting pompous
have you ever used that expression? ever?
how about when your home, city and job have all been destroyed and there is a vp who was fishing in wyoming when it happened making a photo op in your neighborhood?

Pointing out that telling someone to go fuck themself lacks class makes me pompous? Sorry, maybe it's an age-gap thing...but way back when, my mama taught me it was unacceptable to talk to people that way...especially those in authority. Things must have changed in the last 15 years or so....my bad. :lol :lol

But I'm not perfect or hypocritical.....my ex-husband has heard that from me numerous times. :)

i could see "im gonna fuck you up" "or you better fucking run and hide" or "get ready for me to kill you" but "go fuck yourself"? thats a stretch

Maybe so, but especially with everything that's gone on in the last several years...I don't think they are willing to take any chances. "Go fuck yourself" is a very aggressive statement, I've never seen it used where it wasn't intended to start some shit (unless it was obviously a joke). I doubt that guy was joking.

And since Dick Cheney did not personally create the hurricane that wiped out everything I owned, I seriously doubt I'd have been inclined to say anything like that at all.

Useruser666
09-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Why don't you go to a bar and yell, "Go fuck yourself!" to each guy in there. Start off with yelling it at the toughest looking bouncers at a club. Get real up close and yell it, it's your right after all. Then tell me what happens.

Important people, famous people, and rich people all have security to protect them. If someone is making themselves out to be a possible threat, that security is going to detain, and investigate that person. I don't understand why you can't grasp that. If that person that yelled it had come back and killed the VP, people would be all over the security for not responding and doing something in the first place.

What you also seem to be missing is that the system worked. He got to say what he wanted, the VP was kept safe, and no ones rights were trampled on.

boutons
09-16-2005, 11:11 AM
"Why don't you go to a bar"

excellent parallel, aren't you supposed to gradeschool today?

"come back and killed the VP"

how just exactly how did the harassment move prevent him from doing that?

"system worked"

it was harrassment and intimidation.

ChumpDumper
09-16-2005, 11:43 AM
How about growing up and getting a little class?I agree.

Cheney should never have said that in the first place.

He should grow up.

Marcus Bryant
09-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Painter, Musician, Doctor, Philantrophist, Activist....Dude's probably got pussy falling out of his pockets.

That's assuming that pussy is his bag.

SpursWoman
09-16-2005, 11:54 AM
I agree.

Cheney should never have said that in the first place.

He should grow up.

Exactly. :)

SpursWoman
09-16-2005, 11:54 AM
That's assuming that pussy is his bag.

:lol

Marcus Bryant
09-16-2005, 11:56 AM
With a profile like that, I'm surprised he didn't scorch the Vice President with his flames when he got close...

Useruser666
09-16-2005, 12:26 PM
"Why don't you go to a bar"

excellent parallel, aren't you supposed to gradeschool today?

"come back and killed the VP"

how just exactly how did the harassment move prevent him from doing that?

"system worked"

it was harrassment and intimidation.

Sorry I can't keep up with your intellect.

I provided you with a simple argument that you can't even discuss without dishing out petty insults. The point to my bar statement was simple. You can't just say whatever you want without expecting some sort of reprecussions. What don't you understand about that?

If that guy would have been detained and determined to BE A THREAT, then he could have been prevented from any further actions against the VP right then and there. Since he wasn't deemed a threat, he was RELEASED! The VP got to leave the area without having to worry about that person possibly doing something more severe.

I don't see how you can say it was harrassment or intimidation when no laws were broken and the basic concepts of VP security were followed. It's just common sense to stop and investigate the situation.

If anyone just came up to you off the streets and yelled, "Fuck you, Boutons!", would you not take that in a threatening manner? Would you not atleast, in your mind, asses this person as a possible threat? It's just common sense, something I thought couldn't get bogged down in left or right.