PDA

View Full Version : OT: Had A Baseball Question Last Week Got A Hockey Question This Week

Koolaid_Man
05-30-2015, 10:01 AM
So I was watching the Tampa Bay / Rangers game 7 and noticed in the 3rd quarter with just a few minutes left they pulled the Rangers goalie Lindquist from defending the goal and Tampa had free shots at the goal while it was being unguarded.....can someone tell me why that happned and what that means....

It was an awesome game. Lots of action....yes I'm black guys..I just happen to water raft and watch Hockey...the only reason I watch hockey is because its the only sport I can watch white boys try to kill each other while mainstresm America cheer them on :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-30-2015, 10:03 AM
A) it's a period not a quarter

B) take them out of goal to give them an extra man. easier to pass the puck and get an open hole in the goalie.

Koolaid_Man
05-30-2015, 10:08 AM

B) take them out of goal to give them an extra man. easier to pass the puck and get an open hole in the goalie.

Ohh ok...I thought Lindquist just quit on his team because he got too cold on the ice...or just said fuck it...we're going to lose...I just started watching and had never really seen that before

Koolaid_Man
05-30-2015, 10:11 AM

Also why dont they play 4 quarters like most sports...I was looking forward to the 4th quarter / period and was dissapointed with only 3....what is that shit all about

Clipper Nation
05-30-2015, 01:52 PM
Also why dont they play 4 quarters like most sports...I was looking forward to the 4th quarter / period and was dissapointed with only 3....what is that shit all about
They used to do two halves way back in the sport's infancy, but that led to the ice getting ruts in it and covered with too much snow, which would slow the games to a crawl. Around 1910 or so, they switched to the current system to give players more rest (since there's two 18-minute intermissions instead of a 12-minute halftime) and the arena staff more time to clean up the ice during games. They've never really had a reason to change it since then.

Koolaid_Man
05-30-2015, 02:41 PM
cool,

AlexJones
05-30-2015, 03:07 PM
Cool sport, but the "hockey is my life" "hockey>your sport" faggot fans are gas chamber worthy.