PDA

View Full Version : If we had our pick of Aldridge, Love, Gasol, Millsap Which would you want?

Cklbmk
05-31-2015, 04:21 PM
Which allstar big would you rather have?

Bonus points: Order them.

Gasol-Love-Aldridge-Millsap for me

spurraider21
05-31-2015, 04:22 PM
love goes last

Ditty
05-31-2015, 04:28 PM
Bonus points?

Did we get a grade or a prize for this?

Aldridge,Gasol,Milsap and Love in that order for me.

Clipper Nation
05-31-2015, 04:32 PM
"Pay Enrique more money."

- Upstairs

tim_duncan_fan
05-31-2015, 04:34 PM
From that list, Aldridge.

Neither are entirely exciting.

MultiTroll
05-31-2015, 04:34 PM
Aldridge
Millsap
Gasol
Love

slick'81
05-31-2015, 04:54 PM
Wanted milsap over splitter last season

gambit1990
05-31-2015, 05:09 PM
i think i still want gasol the most... he's not capable of doing this though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtsf8S154Cw

dabom
05-31-2015, 05:29 PM
Aldrige can demand a Double team. Teams cant double team him and kawhi at the same time.

ffadicted
05-31-2015, 05:30 PM
Aldridge

SupremeGuy
05-31-2015, 05:41 PM
LMA or Gasol > Millsap > Love

palangi
05-31-2015, 05:43 PM
No doubt, Aldridge.

ace3g
05-31-2015, 06:18 PM
"Pay Enrique more money."

- Upstairs

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGW2M04XEAArnpg.jpg

Mr. Body
05-31-2015, 06:23 PM
LMA only. Gasol isn't coming.

Lerojo
05-31-2015, 06:32 PM
The answer depends on Tiago Splitter's chronic calves.

- If his calves are still going to be an issue (or always will be screwed) then go all out for Gasol...then also look at trading Splitter for a healthy decent back up centre.

- If that calf injury has disappeared (and won't be long sustained problem like last season) then we should go all out for Aldridge.

dg7md
05-31-2015, 06:46 PM
Aldridge, without a doubt — then Gasol, Millsap, and Love.

pgardn
05-31-2015, 07:47 PM

- If his calves are still (or always will be screwed) then go all out for Gasol.

- If that calf injury has disappeared then we should go all out for Aldridge.

Seconded.

Tim retiring is gonna set us back any which way.
No good solution for the old man leaving.

Mugen
05-31-2015, 07:56 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/spurs/imgs/131010_ayres_roster.jpg

itzsoweezee
05-31-2015, 08:13 PM
Harder to think of a better fit than Aldridge

tholdren
05-31-2015, 08:19 PM
I would never take Kevin Love. He's a shit player who cannot rebound, or pound it down low. Absolute trash

Gasol and Aldridge are a wash really. No one is light years better than the other. I think Aldridge has a better career offensive output due to his team, and similarly Gasol has a better defensive output due to his team. Oddly enough, Aldridge had a better defensive year, his best, and Gasol had his best offensive year. Not sure what that means.

Lamarcus is younger by less than a year, but has 5k more minutes.

Milsap is an equal when compared to those two, but I do not think would lure any other FA's.

So, it all comes down to price.

I'd take milsap if SA didnt have to let anyone walk besides Bonner/Errors.

DMC
05-31-2015, 11:09 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/spurs/imgs/131010_ayres_roster.jpg
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/009/9/7/shrek___mmd_by_mmdspot-d71kyg2.png

Ginobili3
06-01-2015, 01:04 AM
Aldridge or Gasol

mudyez
06-01-2015, 04:47 AM
Gasol
Aldridge
Millsap
Love

TheCerebral1
06-01-2015, 07:34 AM
Gasol, Aldridge, Milsap, Draft pick, Love. That's how I feel about that. Aldridge makes sense. It depends on the money though. He's not a great fit in terms of what the Spurs do.

Dex
06-01-2015, 08:39 AM

:lmao

I'd say Gasol -> Aldridge -> Millsap -> Love.

$pursDynasty
06-01-2015, 09:16 AM
LMA>>Gasol>Milsap>>>Love

z0sa
06-01-2015, 09:17 AM
LMA, Gasol, Love, Millsap

hater
06-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Either gasol or alridge next to td would be a dream.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Aldridge 1, Gasol 2.

Splitter, as others of said, would likely need to be shed in that scenario I would think.

Chinook
06-02-2015, 01:10 PM
It really depends on a lot of things. If the Spurs move Splitter for room, then Gasol is by far the best choice. If they move Diaw/Mills, then the PFs come into play. If it's a trade, then Love probably makes the most sense, since he's cheapest. If the Spurs have to sign a guy, I'd think Millsap would be best, because they may be able to get him on a $30M/2 with a PO and keep the rest of the team together.

Looking at all those factors, I'd probably go LA, Millsap, Gasol and Love (though he'd be higher if the Cavs let him go for a reasonable price). But really, there are other options out there that may be better fits if the Spurs can keep more flexibility. I actually wouldn't be against the Spurs using their cap space to acquire assets from teams desperate to clear room for next summer.

sammy
06-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Aldridge, Millsap, Gasol & Love last. Although I would make Love eat his words about Timmy!

AlexJones
06-02-2015, 02:53 PM
love goes last

^ Biggest moron on Spurstalk.

spurraider21
06-02-2015, 02:56 PM
^ Biggest moron on Spurstalk.
:lol 4 usernames later and still hanging by my nuts

Beaverfuzz
06-02-2015, 03:22 PM
love goes last

Love ahead of Millsap but he's a distant third behind Gasol and LMA.

Beaverfuzz
06-02-2015, 03:23 PM

- If his calves are still going to be an issue (or always will be screwed) then go all out for Gasol...then also look at trading Splitter for a healthy decent back up centre.

- If that calf injury has disappeared (and won't be long sustained problem like last season) then we should go all out for Aldridge.

Splitter is essentially done as his former self. Now do you want the new Splitter or do you let him walk?

hater
06-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Love is ok. But he's a soft jumpshooter. We already have van horn 2.0 at SF. So you want soft ass love next to him.

Well have the softest front court since charmin little league imo

TheGoldStandard
06-02-2015, 09:04 PM
Aldridge makes up for the offensive deficiency we will have next season as players fall off and the team is centered more around Leonard. Gasol is an overall player but won't be a scoring machine in this system. So I'd say Aldridge, Love, Gasol, Millsap because I don't care about defense on the interior, pick n roll defense can be learned as long the player is mobile enough especially if he has help on the perimeter.

Realistically though the Spurs are probably going to be looking at

Koufos, Biyambo, Ajinca, Amir Johnson and Bargnani

cd021
06-02-2015, 09:22 PM
Aldridge
Gasol
Love
Milsap

assuming Duncan retires it would probably still be the same.

tholdren
06-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Aldridge makes up for the offensive deficiency we will have next season as players fall off and the team is centered more around Leonard. Gasol is an overall player but won't be a scoring machine in this system. So I'd say Aldridge, Love, Gasol, Millsap because I don't care about defense on the interior, pick n roll defense can be learned as long the player is mobile enough especially if he has help on the perimeter.

Millsap is a better offensive player than you give him credit for.

cd021
06-02-2015, 09:34 PM

Brandon Bass or Brandon Wright could be options.

Wrights an upgrade over Baynes.

Bass actually give the Spurs a second playable PF and would probably push Splitter to the bench with Diaw, Mills, Manu (?) and Anderson (assuming he gets the backup SF spot if Beli isn't resigned). I like him better as a fit. Koufous is a very solid big as well, but i'd prefer a 4 that can space the floor a big. The Spurs top 4 bigs included 3 centers last year, Diaw shot the ball poorly from mid and long range last year too.

I could see the Spurs going after Barg as well. He's odd in the sense that he has rep as a 3pt shooting big, but has actually never been a great 3pt shooter (career 35.6%) and has attempted 3.7, 3.5, 2.6, and 1.4 3pt per game over the past four seasons.

He seems like a room exception or bi-annual exception player or even a vet min for a year to try and rebuild his stock.

TheGoldStandard
06-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Millsap is a better offensive player than you give him credit for.

In my opinion I prefer Aldridge, Gasol and Love to Millsaps offensive game. He's capable of having great games but his size limits him to his role on the team and the rotations he could play in.

cd021
06-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Splitter is essentially done as his former self. Now do you want the new Splitter or do you let him walk?

Way too early to say that. He had an injury plagued season. I'd sign Bass or another four and move him off the bench to back up Duncan. Saves Duncan and Splitter from being over played.

tholdren
06-02-2015, 09:41 PM
In my opinion I prefer Aldridge, Gasol and Love to Millsaps offensive game. He's capable of having great games but his size limits him to his role on the team and the rotations he could play in.

Maybe. I bet he shots better percentage than Aldridge though. And Aldridge gets worse in the playoffs. I don't want love or marco

TheGoldStandard
06-02-2015, 09:53 PM
Brandon Bass or Brandon Wright could be options.

Wrights an upgrade over Baynes.

Bass actually give the Spurs a second playable PF and would probably push Splitter to the bench with Diaw, Mills, Manu (?) and Anderson (assuming he gets the backup SF spot if Beli isn't resigned). I like him better as a fit. Koufous is a very solid big as well, but i'd prefer a 4 that can space the floor a big. The Spurs top 4 bigs included 3 centers last year, Diaw shot the ball poorly from mid and long range last year too.

I could see the Spurs going after Barg as well. He's odd in the sense that he has rep as a 3pt shooting big, but has actually never been a great 3pt shooter (career 35.6%) and has attempted 3.7, 3.5, 2.6, and 1.4 3pt per game over the past four seasons.

He seems like a room exception or bi-annual exception player or even a vet min for a year to try and rebuild his stock.

You make good an excellent point with Bass and it would be great to have a bench PF who can score mid range shots and get to the basket off pick n roll. My biggest concern is that there are hardly any centers as free agents next season so if the inevitable Duncan retires that leaves us with Tiago, Baynes and Ayres? lol.. That would be cataclysmic. Biyambo is young at 23 and could be taught to shoot a jumper, he physically has the tools to play the 4/5.

Bargnani as funny as it seems is interesting because he's played on some horrible teams and was asked to be something he is not before they realized he was a role player. He's athletic enough to stretch the floor and isn't a terrible passer and would probably be cheap.

TheGoldStandard
06-02-2015, 10:04 PM
Maybe. I bet he shots better percentage than Aldridge though. And Aldridge gets worse in the playoffs. I don't want love or marco

Apples and Oranges... Aldridge for the longest time has been the player for Portland and his minutes, touches and team scheme were all centered around him. Millsap is a complimentary piece and has played that role since he entered the league so his numbers won't be as gaudy or terrible... middle of the road.

When I look at a player I'm not looking at stats because that team is definitely not San Antonio with the pieces that we have or have had. I'm looking at skill set and what they bring to the table. In theory offensively Aldridge can pick and pop, pick and roll and simply post up and go over both shoulders and fade away. He can also beat bigger defenders off the dribble and doesn't give up size. One of Aldridges biggest issues is that he fades late in games as he's averaged about 40 minutes a game in post season play which he would not be asked to do on a Spurs team. Just my two cents though.. Love is an interesting character because he can play the stretch 4 and play under the rim for stretches, he's great at getting position for rebounds and has the length to get offensive put backs.

tholdren
06-02-2015, 10:26 PM
Apples and Oranges... Aldridge for the longest time has been the player for Portland and his minutes, touches and team scheme were all centered around him. Millsap is a complimentary piece and has played that role since he entered the league so his numbers won't be as gaudy or terrible... middle of the road.

When I look at a player I'm not looking at stats because that team is definitely not San Antonio with the pieces that we have or have had. I'm looking at skill set and what they bring to the table. In theory offensively Aldridge can pick and pop, pick and roll and simply post up and go over both shoulders and fade away. He can also beat bigger defenders off the dribble and doesn't give up size. One of Aldridges biggest issues is that he fades late in games as he's averaged about 40 minutes a game in post season play which he would not be asked to do on a Spurs team. Just my two cents though.. Love is an interesting character because he can play the stretch 4 and play under the rim for stretches, he's great at getting position for rebounds and has the length to get offensive put backs.

Your reasons are why Millsap is intriguing. I only want la so other free agents will consider

Arcadian
06-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Which Gasol are we talking about?

sexinthatsx
06-02-2015, 10:39 PM
1. Gasol
2. LMA
3. Millsap

4. Love

rudwick
06-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Deandre
Gasol
( Love or Millsap or Aldridge )
- based on advanced stats.
If you could fix Jordan's free thow it would not even be close.

TheGoldStandard
06-02-2015, 10:57 PM
Deandre
Gasol
( Love or Millsap or Aldridge )
- based on advanced stats.
If you could fix Jordan's free thow it would not even be close.

It would be a terribly unbalanced front court till Tim retired with DeAndre in the mix.

Nbadan
06-03-2015, 01:21 AM
Millsap or Aldrige....Although financially, as Chinook posted above..Millsap would make the most sense..

cd021
06-03-2015, 09:03 AM
You make good an excellent point with Bass and it would be great to have a bench PF who can score mid range shots and get to the basket off pick n roll. My biggest concern is that there are hardly any centers as free agents next season so if the inevitable Duncan retires that leaves us with Tiago, Baynes and Ayres? lol.. That would be cataclysmic. Biyambo is young at 23 and could be taught to shoot a jumper, he physically has the tools to play the 4/5.

Bargnani as funny as it seems is interesting because he's played on some horrible teams and was asked to be something he is not before they realized he was a role player. He's athletic enough to stretch the floor and isn't a terrible passer and would probably be cheap.

I would start Bass and keep Diaw off the bench. Diaw wouldn't be able to exploit mismatches in the post as much and would probably be relegated to spot ups and pick and rolls/pops, though the offense is much better usually when he's on the floor.

2016 does have Hibbert, Noah, Al Jefferson and Brook Lopez (assuming Hibbert and Lopez opt in so they can hit FA when the cap jumps to $88 million after next season)

Spurs could be landing spot for one of them.

From what I've heard, Biyombo is awful on offense. Poor passer with zero range outside of 5 feet of the basket. He is a pretty good rim protector but I'd pass. Ian Mihinmi is an option as a backup. I'm okay with a Splitter Baynes rotation so long as their is a capable 3rd center for when Splitter gets injured and the PF isn't a bad defender.

Horse
06-03-2015, 12:32 PM
On this team love would be Matt Bonner

jeebus
06-03-2015, 12:36 PM
I'd want 1997 Tim Duncan.

timtonymanu
06-03-2015, 12:47 PM

Beaverfuzz
06-04-2015, 11:13 PM
Way too early to say that. He had an injury plagued season. I'd sign Bass or another four and move him off the bench to back up Duncan. Saves Duncan and Splitter from being over played.

Nope, he's done. Calf injuries like that are tough to shake and he's not getting any younger.

06-05-2015, 12:09 AM
With Duncan still playing, Gasol hands down. Without Duncan, LMA.

Sean Cagney
06-05-2015, 02:49 AM
Love is ok. But he's a soft jumpshooter. We already have van horn 2.0 at SF. So you want soft ass love next to him.

Well have the softest front court since charmin little league imo
I agree on love but Kawhi is light years ahead of Van Horn at 23 years old and is going to get better. Add in Tim at PF and the front court is legit but I would rather not have Love... Aldridge my pick but he is not even likely imo.

T Park
06-05-2015, 03:44 AM
Gasol and it's not even close

Nathan89
06-05-2015, 05:06 AM
As long as it's not Love I'm fine. I don't want to watch a Love and Tony defense.

td4mvp2k
06-05-2015, 09:45 AM
love on spurs edges all of em

Kawhitstorm
05-13-2016, 02:02 AM

siraulo23
05-13-2016, 02:26 AM
A healthy Marc Gasol would have been great but he wasnt available

Better bbiq, better rebounder, better rim protector, better passer, better screen setter than LMA and a tremendous finisher at the rim

Snaq O'Meal
05-13-2016, 02:56 AM
A healthy Marc Gasol would have been great but he wasnt available

Better bbiq, better rebounder, better rim protector, better passer, better screen setter than LMA and a tremendous finisher at the rim

Pau is the better Gasol, and Marc actually suggested that the Spurs is the best destination for him.

But with Pop shitting the bed this postseason, that possibility is now in jeopardy.

Slippy
05-13-2016, 03:34 AM
Easily LA.

Any spurs fan complaining , its cos u dont know any better.Spoilt spurs fan. Cant believe the players this thread is suggesting as alternatives. .

The main reason spurs lost. Was Tims decline this season that most of us couldnt of predicted. Ended up beein too much of a burden on LA.