PDA

View Full Version : How about this scenario.

Cklbmk
05-31-2015, 04:46 PM
Both Gasol and Aldridge want to come here bad.

Green-7
Kawhi- 7
Duncan- min
Anderson- 1.2
Mills 3.2
1st Justin Anderson- 1mil
Cojo 3mil

Total: 23mil~

6 cap holds

26 mil

Trade Parker/Diaw/Splitter for no salary back.

Sign Aldridge and Gasol both to max or near max contracts. Then max out Kawhi and sign Danny for 10m

Mills/Cojo
Green/J. Anderson
Kawhi/K. Anderson
Aldridge/Duncan/LJC
Gasol/Duncan/Baynes?

Thats a damn nice retool imo

Seventyniner
05-31-2015, 05:06 PM
Duncan- min

:lmao

Dex
05-31-2015, 10:25 PM

Seriously.

Tim Duncan is one of the greatest players ever. I don't care how selfless he is...he doesn't deserve to play for the fucking minimum. If he comes back, they'll find a good middle ground for him.

travis2
05-31-2015, 10:27 PM
Green-7
Kawhi- 7

Sign Aldridge and Gasol both to max or near max contracts. Then max out Kawhi and sign Danny for 10m

You can't sign two contracts like that. You get one shot.

Also no can do.

How about coming up with a plan that doesn't completely violate the CBA...

MultiTroll
05-31-2015, 10:28 PM
Parker is untradeable.

Sean Cagney
05-31-2015, 11:46 PM
Did this need a thread because you thought it up and didn't even really think too much before you posted it? Duncan is not taking the Minimum so some in here can just forget that already (Thats a joke to say the least), Parker is not going to draw a trade #2..... They might not even get one FA out of those two you mention so just wait and see where the chips may fall, these NBA Live trades are fun on games etc. but not near reality.

Also no can do.

He thought out the trades well didn't he? Makes no sense at all.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-01-2015, 12:01 AM
Duncan- min

:rollinSeriously when will this shit stop?

Sean Cagney
06-01-2015, 12:14 AM

I wish Tim would read this board or the FO would offer him the min, he would be laughing his ass off to say the least...... FO is not that stupid though thank GOD.

If anyone thinks he takes near the min they are seriously in fantasy world, this is a business

BTW you are probably not getting Green for 7 million let alone KAWHI? :lol:lmao, wtf is the OP smoking? 7 Million he would be gone as fast as you offered him that crap, see you later nice to know ya. This thread is comedy.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-01-2015, 12:21 AM
I wish Tim would read this board or the FO would offer him the min, he would be laughing his ass off to say the least...... FO is not that stupid though thank GOD.

If anyone thinks he takes near the min they are seriously in fantasy world, this is a business

BTW you are probably not getting Green for 7 million let alone KAWHI? :lol:lmao, wtf is the OP smoking? 7 Million he would be gone as fast as you offered him that crap, see you later nice to know ya. This thread is comedy.

The 7 mil for Kawhi and Green are for their cap holds.

But Duncan at the min is laughable. Hey Tim, how about you make 1/10th of what you're worth and hop onto the bench so we can take Gasol and Aldridge :lol

therealtruth
06-01-2015, 01:17 AM
TD should take the minimum and ask TP to give him some of the salary he mostly doesn't deserve.

cjw
06-01-2015, 01:41 AM

He was talking about cap holds most likely, but anything with a Min and a Duncan next to it is laughable, unless Arne Duncan wants to leave Obama's cabinet and play some hoops. I also love how Justin Anderson just happens to fall to 26.

Sean Cagney
06-01-2015, 02:01 AM
He was talking about cap holds most likely, but anything with a Min and a Duncan next to it is laughable, unless Arne Duncan wants to leave Obama's cabinet and play some hoops. I also love how Justin Anderson just happens to fall to 26.

Yep he was, my bad there. Still a ridiculous thread which is VERY far fetched. I don't even bother why some post this to entertain it, just keep it in your head or do it on a video game for Gods sakes. Either or Tim and the min is just laughable, if he took that the world would end.

I bet Anderson does not fall to 26 either, another farrr fetched thing brought up by OP. ALL of this fantasy land shit.

Kool Bob Love
06-01-2015, 03:34 AM
TD should take the minimum and Have Kawhi give him most of the salary he doesn't deserve.

PingPong
06-01-2015, 08:36 AM

Duncan- min

Kid, anything less than Duncan earns nowadays can be considered disrespectful. Only latins and libanese can think anything like that.

cd98
06-01-2015, 09:13 AM
Is he trolling about having Mills and Cojo as our point guards? Surely he doesn't think LMA and Gasol are coming here if those are our PGs.

Cklbmk
06-01-2015, 01:33 PM

Also no can do.

Neither of these are illegal. Green and Kawhis cap holds are about 7mil each. Retaining their cap holds allows us to go over the cap regardless of price to retain them.

Parker and Diaw and Splitter can be traded for no salary back to any team with sufficient cap space. IE Knicks

You might want to brush up on your CBA knowledge, it seems you have none

Cklbmk
06-01-2015, 01:35 PM

Do you know what cap holds are? Apparently not.

cjw
06-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Yep he was, my bad there. Still a ridiculous thread which is VERY far fetched. I don't even bother why some post this to entertain it, just keep it in your head or do it on a video game for Gods sakes. Either or Tim and the min is just laughable, if he took that the world would end.

I bet Anderson does not fall to 26 either, another farrr fetched thing brought up by OP. ALL of this fantasy land shit.

You mean if it happens in your simulation of NBA 2K, it might not happen in real life??

travis2
06-01-2015, 02:36 PM
You didn't mark Green and Kawhi as cap holds...you are mixing and matching contracts and cap holds without marking which is which. So pardon us if we can't follow your logic.

I also agree with the rest saying that actually getting Tim to sign for the min is...let's just say highly unlikely.

Further, trading Parker/Splitter/Diaw for cap space is...pretty much impossible. You brought up the Knicks as an example...right now they have <$1M in space. Which won't come close to buying ANY of the above three contracts...assuming they would want to. (That's the big thing...you have to find a team who actually wants to do that...)

Sean Cagney
06-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Do you know what cap holds are? Apparently not.

Thats is your only come back here to your thread? I admitted later on I was off and didn't read the cap holds, otherwise this thread is a flat out joke with Tim taking the minimum and the Spurs getting Gasol and LMA, come on now. None of what you said will happen.
You mean if it happens in your simulation of NBA 2K, it might not happen in real life??

Correct, that or if you dreamed it up in your head last night and had to come post it like others will see your dream and say good idea!

tholdren
06-01-2015, 05:29 PM
I would do that

Agloco
06-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Duncan- min

Kid, anything less than Duncan earns nowadays can be considered disrespectful. Only latins and libanese can think anything like that.

The takeaway? Don't be dumb on the internets

Cklbmk
06-01-2015, 06:53 PM
You didn't mark Green and Kawhi as cap holds...you are mixing and matching contracts and cap holds without marking which is which. So pardon us if we can't follow your logic.

I also agree with the rest saying that actually getting Tim to sign for the min is...let's just say highly unlikely.

Further, trading Parker/Splitter/Diaw for cap space is...pretty much impossible. You brought up the Knicks as an example...right now they have <$1M in space. Which won't come close to buying ANY of the above three contracts...assuming they would want to. (That's the big thing...you have to find a team who actually wants to do that...)

Theyre all cap holds if they're not guarenteed.

Knicks don't have 1mil cap space. LMAO They did LAST year. But guess what. It's a new year when trades can happen again.

The knicks have 32.4mil commited next year with an additional 4mil in cap holds. Meaning they have 30mil in cap space or so.

Diaw + Parker + Splitter = 29.25m iirc.

So as I said before. The Knicks are a legit option.

Cklbmk
06-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Thats is your only come back here to your thread? I admitted later on I was off and didn't read the cap holds, otherwise this thread is a flat out joke with Tim taking the minimum and the Spurs getting Gasol and LMA, come on now. None of what you said will happen.

Correct, that or if you dreamed it up in your head last night and had to come post it like others will see your dream and say good idea!

The only truly unrealistic part is trading Tony Parker.

Tim taking the minimum wouldn't surprise anyone at this point. He's made insane money and he clearly trusts the organization. If they're like hey were thinking you get 3-5% of the team when you retire or hey were thinking you can be an assistant coach for 10mil a year next year etc. He can trust that.

ismael-robert
06-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Ive been thinking same bout manu n tim taking min. If theyve shown/proven anything its that they are the most humble, selfless players in league and put team before self. So if fo says if y'all can take min we can gun for 2 big free agents virtually guaranteeing a trophy as their swan song in a year they weren't even expected to play (thus making zero) why not makes perfect sense

Sean Cagney
06-02-2015, 12:11 AM

Tim taking the minimum wouldn't surprise anyone at this point.

It wouldn't surprise anyone at this point? It would shock me to be honest, others in here seem to agree he is not going to take the minimum and to think he will is just crazy. Sorry most of this is unrealistic if you are being honest, how much will really happen of what you posted? That would mean it's not reality right? Tim will get around 8 mill a year or so and most of this won't happen, just a fact.
Ive been thinking same bout manu n tim taking min. If theyve shown/proven anything its that they are the most humble, selfless players in league and put team before self. So if fo says if y'all can take min we can gun for 2 big free agents virtually guaranteeing a trophy as their swan song in a year they weren't even expected to play (thus making zero) why not makes perfect sense

Because it is a business, money does matter believe it or not. What other HOF player playing at a high level ever took the minimum? D ROB even at the end of his career felt slighted by their offer and looked around a little bit, he ended up with about 7 or so million a year on his last contract of 2 years. Tim will make around the same or a little more and he is playing at a way higher level.

Proxy
06-02-2015, 02:16 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/WatchfulAlarmedHorseshoecrab.gif

BillMc
06-02-2015, 02:41 AM
It wouldn't surprise anyone at this point? It would shock me to be honest, others in here seem to agree he is not going to take the minimum and to think he will is just crazy. Sorry most of this is unrealistic if you are being honest, how much will really happen of what you posted? That would mean it's not reality right? Tim will get around 8 mill a year or so and most of this won't happen, just a fact.

Because it is a business, money does matter believe it or not. What other HOF player playing at a high level ever took the minimum? D ROB even at the end of his career felt slighted by their offer and looked around a little bit, he ended up with about 7 or so million a year on his last contract of 2 years. Tim will make around the same or a little more and he is playing at a way higher level.

Tim won't, and shouldn't, take the minimum as you and many others here say. It would be insulting even to offer up the possibility.

Occasionally at the end of their careers future HOF "ring chasers" will take a lot less. Payton and especially Malone signed for way lower than market value when they joined the Lakers. That said, neither of them were close to the minimum.

As for our guys, since the Spurs can exceed the cap on their contracts via Bird rights, and the cap is set to explode starting next year, the argument for drastically reducing salary is pretty limited as long as the player agrees to wait until free agents are signed. I expect Timmy to make 8 mil, and possible as high as 11 or 12. Manu, if he returns, probably will be at 5 to 7.

buttsR4rebounding
06-02-2015, 04:00 PM

Green-7
Kawhi- 7
Duncan- min
Anderson- 1.2
Mills 3.2
1st Justin Anderson- 1mil
Cojo 3mil

Total: 23mil~

6 cap holds

26 mil

Mills/Cojo
Green/J. Anderson
Kawhi/K. Anderson
Aldridge/Duncan/LJC
Gasol/Duncan/Baynes?

Thats a damn nice retool imo

Yeah, and you're banging Caitlyn Jenner to boot...

Agloco
06-04-2015, 05:46 PM

Then why is it a part of your proposal?

travis2
06-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Theyre all cap holds if they're not guarenteed.

Knicks don't have 1mil cap space. LMAO They did LAST year. But guess what. It's a new year when trades can happen again.

The knicks have 32.4mil commited next year with an additional 4mil in cap holds. Meaning they have 30mil in cap space or so.

Diaw + Parker + Splitter = 29.25m iirc.

So as I said before. The Knicks are a legit option.

Until the free agents are renounced, there is still a cap hit. The Knicks have 5 active contracts and a boatload of cap holds. Will they maintain all those holds? Most probably not. Nevertheless, they are still there for now.

Between salary (33M+) and holds (33M+) their cap total right now is about 66.5M, leaving just over 600K.

Cklbmk
06-09-2015, 06:27 AM
Until the free agents are renounced, there is still a cap hit. The Knicks have 5 active contracts and a boatload of cap holds. Will they maintain all those holds? Most probably not. Nevertheless, they are still there for now.

Between salary (33M+) and holds (33M+) their cap total right now is about 66.5M, leaving just over 600K.

I don't think you understand the premise of this thread.