PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Rose says LMA will be a Spur.

Maj_G
05-31-2015, 06:33 PM
Didn't see it posted, so I thought I would post it and see what you guys think. It's on his last Jalen and Jacoby podcast (latest one).

Personally I think it would be great if we kept dany and manu n timmy.

Strange Love
05-31-2015, 06:46 PM
What does he know, really?

dg7md
05-31-2015, 06:47 PM

He likely has some league connections that can get some information like this.

It wouldn't shock me at all if LMA comes aboard. He seems like he wants to come back to Texas and play for a contender.

Ditty
05-31-2015, 06:59 PM
Didn't see it posted, so I thought I would post it and see what you guys think. It's on his last Jalen and Jacoby podcast (latest one).

The May 28 broadcast?

What time frame if so.

AFBlue
05-31-2015, 07:02 PM
The May 28 broadcast?

What time frame if so.

Happens around the hour mark. But he answers it in the context of who would fit best alongside Dwight and Harden in Houston. He says it won't be Aldridge, that he'll be in SA, but that it could be Kevin Love.

The whole thing is odd and baseless tbqh. It doesn't lend any credibility to the notion beyond what has already been reported. Just a podcast trying up get pub.

baseline bum
05-31-2015, 07:04 PM
I wonder if the Spurs will end up salary dumping Splitter at the draft to make room for Aldridge & Duncan. That way they'd be able to jump right on re-signing Green and Leonard if they can get an early commitment from LMA.

ace3g
05-31-2015, 07:31 PM
I wonder if the Spurs will end up salary dumping Splitter at the draft to make room for Aldridge & Duncan. That way they'd be able to jump right on re-signing Green and Leonard if they can get an early commitment from LMA.

Draft night is definitely going to hold the key to the Spurs' plans this offseason.

Seventyniner
05-31-2015, 08:38 PM
Draft night is definitely going to hold the key to the Spurs' plans this offseason.

Agreed. Duncan will have made his desires known to the FO by then and they'll have a plan in place.

-21-
05-31-2015, 09:25 PM
Jalen Rose has been right about things like this before. Still, I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Sean Cagney
05-31-2015, 09:44 PM

Probably not a damn thing honestly, just his speculation or what he hears around. I take this with a grain of salt until I see it happen.

Nathan89
05-31-2015, 10:06 PM
Is this guy more reliable than Tspence?

heyheymymy
05-31-2015, 10:18 PM
Parker/Mills/Cojo
Green/Ginobili
Leonard/Anderson
Aldridge/Diaw/Bonner
Duncan/Baynes

Plus a draft pick and a MLE level player? Need some more defense especially in the front court with Spiltter's absence. But that's probably the best way to add LMA and keep
Green and get Manu and TD back. Not a big fan of ditching Spiltter, he is a huge part of the team's success. But if injuries are an issue it might be wise to sell high.

therealtruth
05-31-2015, 10:37 PM
The team's problem isn't offense. It's defense. That's why having Splitter less than 100% hurt so much against the Clippers. Haven't they learned nothing from the RJ fiasco. Just getting another 20ppg scorer doesn't solve that. We need a guy who can defend the PF's in the west. LMA wasn't good enough to slow down ZBo meanwhile TS has shown that ability.

tholdren
05-31-2015, 10:44 PM
The team's problem isn't offense. It's defense. That's why having Splitter less than 100% hurt so much against the Clippers. Haven't they learned nothing from the RJ fiasco. Just getting another 20ppg scorer doesn't solve that. We need a guy who can defend the PF's in the west. LMA wasn't good enough to slow down ZBo meanwhile TS has shown that ability.

Totally incorrect. The problem is offense. Had Danny Green shot more than 30% and Parker done anything, Spurs would have rolled. Splitter is terrible against the Clippers defensively.

DMC
05-31-2015, 11:02 PM
“KEVIN LOVE WILL BE ONE AND DONE WITH THE CAVS… I THINK HE AND RAJON RONDO WILL BE LAKERS NEXT YEAR. I THINK LAKERS GONNA FIND A WAY TO ADD BOTH OF THOSE PLAYERS.
[LOVE’S] CONSIDERED TO BE HAVING A DOWN YEAR — HE’S AVERAGING 17 AND 10. HE’S STILL ONE OF THE TOP 10 PLAYERS IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE. YOU WANNA WIN WHILE THAT GUY’S ON YOUR ROSTER.” -Jalen Rose

He's notorious for shitty predictions.

DMC
05-31-2015, 11:04 PM

Points have to come from somewhere. If Manu retires, there goes your scoring outbursts.

Either way. I don't see any big name coming to SA while they are still a big money levels.

Johnsyounger
05-31-2015, 11:35 PM
Jalen knows less about basketball than the collective knowledge of this board....which is impressive

Spurs9
06-01-2015, 12:01 AM
I'll believe it when tspense tweets it.

ducks
06-01-2015, 12:02 AM
This board knows how to troll tp
Hate on tp
11 percent good posters

Sean Cagney
06-01-2015, 12:12 AM
Points have to come from somewhere. If Manu retires, there goes your scoring outbursts.

Either way. I don't see any big name coming to SA while they are still a big money levels.

I agree on all accounts here, especially the 2nd one.

Uriel
06-01-2015, 05:22 AM
Splitter is too good to straight up salary dump. Can't they get some compensation, like a first round pick?

Venti Quattro
06-01-2015, 05:47 AM

Jalen predicted Hoiberg to the Bulls, and that was even a bigger long shot. So when he says that it will happen, there is a very good chance it will happen.

Dex
06-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Totally incorrect. The problem is offense. Had Danny Green shot more than 30% and Parker done anything, Spurs would have rolled. Splitter is terrible against the Clippers defensively.

Splitter was hurt against the Clippers so that obviously limited him, but therein lies the problem. This guy is always nursing some dumb injury.

When things start to occur this chronically, it seriously affects Tiago's value if you never actually get to see the real Tiago on the floor.

hater
06-01-2015, 09:05 AM
Hes a funny guy but hes probably hace a 50% prediction success este. Not much more than many posters here :lmao

z0sa
06-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Splitter was hurt against the Clippers so that obviously limited him, but therein lies the problem. This guy is always nursing some dumb injury.

When things start to occur this chronically, it seriously affects Tiago's value if you never actually get to see the real Tiago on the floor.

Yeah, and you could tell leading up to the playoffs Pop is sick and tired of Splitter being injured during prime time as well.

coachmac87
06-01-2015, 09:20 AM
It's common sense tbh.

Seventyniner
06-01-2015, 09:31 AM
Happens around the hour mark. But he answers it in the context of who would fit best alongside Dwight and Harden in Houston. He says it won't be Aldridge, that he'll be in SA, but that it could be Kevin Love.

The whole thing is odd and baseless tbqh. It doesn't lend any credibility to the notion beyond what has already been reported. Just a podcast trying up get pub.

I'd put a small amount of stock in it. Rose isn't extremely plugged-in but he's a more credible source than most beat reporters. He's probably hearing what he hears from current players.

Houston can't get LMA anyway. Howard, Harden, and Ariza alone make $46.2M next season; even if they dump the entire rest of the team, the empty roster spot cap holds mean they couldn't offer LMA a max contract. They'd be around $2M short. No way the Blazers take back Ariza + filler in a sign-and-trade anyway because the Rockets would need to include several players as salary cap ballast and the Blazers wouldn't want Ariza anyway.

That said, LMA would be a fantastic fit in Houston. He'd be the second option on offense, though.

coachmac87
06-01-2015, 09:43 AM
People who don't think Spurs are realistic option or fit for Aldridge..I ask who is? He re-sign in Portland? Dallas playing next to Dirk? Lol.

I think the more you look at it Spurs just make too much sense if everything else can work out.

coachmac87
06-01-2015, 09:43 AM
People who don't think Spurs are realistic option or fit for Aldridge..I ask who is? He re-sign in Portland? Dallas playing next to Dirk? Lol.

I think the more you look at it Spurs just make too much sense if everything else can work out.

monkeypunk
06-01-2015, 10:23 AM

I think people are hesitant to believe any fa signings coming to SA since we have been burned so many times in the past. Not one has materialized over the years though we were the best fit for them on a variety of levels. Players are people too and just want the most money and the biggest spotlight, neither of which are available in SA.

Jdspur20
06-01-2015, 10:56 AM
So really the only chance at LMA is find a way to trade splitter?

Seventyniner
06-01-2015, 11:19 AM

Or Diaw. Nearly impossible to end up with all four of LMA/Duncan/Splitter/Diaw while still keeping Green.

Chinook
06-01-2015, 11:48 AM

Splitter isn't "always hurt". That's just a stereotype Spurs fans are saying now. Manu went through longer injury-filled stretches than Tiago has. Hell, Leonard has missed a lot of games over the past few years too. Don't confuse Green, Duncan and Diaw being ironmen with whole roster being durable.

Chinook
06-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Yeah, and you could tell leading up to the playoffs Pop is sick and tired of Splitter being injured during prime time as well.

I think he realized the Spurs had no chance at repeating with a gimpy Splitter. Tiago is the best all-around defender on the team, and him being limited killed the Spurs.

glen907
06-01-2015, 12:52 PM
I think he realized the Spurs had no chance at repeating with a gimpy Splitter. Tiago is the best all-around defender on the team

you do know we have this guy who won DMVP on our team, did you forget duncan was all nba defense again this year, they also have that guy danny green who is an elite defender. Tiago is not the best all around defender on the spurs, he's the only spur who can guard power forwards at a high level(not exceptional level) and in every defensive category LMA is better then him at that. I fully understand the reluctance to accept a big name FA coming to the spurs as we have been burned before but if all it would take is moving on from tiago to secure the monies to land aldridge...you do it in a heartbeat without second thought as he's a superior player both offensively and defensively. Also tiago has pretty much peaked as a player while LMA still has some room to become better with superior coaching

cantthinkofanything
06-01-2015, 01:03 PM

What if Parker dieded?

Mikeanaro
06-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Fuck Tiago :toast

cjw
06-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Splitter is too good to straight up salary dump. Can't they get some compensation, like a first round pick?

If a trade happens independent of whether Aldridge is coming to the Spurs, they definitely would get positive value for Splitter (would likely be taking salary back). Hard to get value before free agency though (teams not willing to part with cap space), and even harder if the other team has you by the balls and they know you have to move out salary and bring none back. Limited teams you can deal with that have cap room makes it even that much tougher.

Sean Cagney
06-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Hes a funny guy but hes probably hace a 50% prediction success este. Not much more than many posters here :lmao

Not nearly as far fetched as some of our scenario threads in here as well if I might add, this place brings it to a whole different level at times.

Mr. Body
06-01-2015, 02:51 PM

May not be draft night, but that's my expectation. Splitter will be moved to make room financially and in the rotation for LMA.

jermaine
06-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Even on 2k15 Tiago is a soft vajayjay!!!!!

DMX7
06-01-2015, 03:40 PM
He may want to come here but we still may not be able to afford him.

jermaine
06-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Even on 2k15 Tiago is a soft vajayjay!!!!!

lefty
06-01-2015, 04:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFgL0-9VIAAbNgH.jpghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFgL08kVEAI7qWU.jpg

RD2191
06-01-2015, 05:00 PM
:lol^2 chokers

Agloco
06-01-2015, 05:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFgL0-9VIAAbNgH.jpghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFgL08kVEAI7qWU.jpg

Aldridge would need to change numbers tbh.

That automatically eliminates him from the running.

tholdren
06-01-2015, 05:23 PM
I think he realized the Spurs had no chance at repeating with a gimpy Splitter. Tiago is the best all-around defender on the team, and him being limited killed the Spurs.
No. Terrible post

TD 21
06-01-2015, 05:34 PM

They'll only trade Splitter once Aldridge commits, which obviously can't happen by the draft.

The only trade I could see them making at the draft is trading the 26th pick for either the Timberwolves 31st and 36th picks or the 76ers 35th and 37th picks.

As far as Aldridge, there's been too many rumors from too many people to dismiss this as a pipe dream or long shot and many probably only are because it's the Spurs and they can't wrap their heads around them signing a big free agent.

coachmac87
06-01-2015, 06:15 PM
They'll only trade Splitter once Aldridge commits, which obviously can't happen by the draft.

The only trade I could see them making at the draft is trading the 26th pick for either the Timberwolves 31st and 36th picks or the 76ers 35th and 37th picks.

As far as Aldridge, there's been too many rumors from too many people to dismiss this as a pipe dream or long shot and many probably only are because it's the Spurs and they can't wrap their heads around them signing a big free agent.

Agreed. And on top of that...other than resigning with Portland where could he sign? Mavs aren't a great fit. Rockets cant do it...Knicks or LA? I doubt he picks those over the Spurs if the money is the same..I honestly see a Sign and Trade with Portland and Tiago is in that deal if this happens.

Beaverfuzz
06-01-2015, 06:16 PM

I love Tiago, but I think his days as an active participating member of any NBA team have come and gone.

coachmac87
06-01-2015, 06:19 PM
I think people are hesitant to believe any fa signings coming to SA since we have been burned so many times in the past. Not one has materialized over the years though we were the best fit for them on a variety of levels. Players are people too and just want the most money and the biggest spotlight, neither of which are available in SA.

Well the only true FA that turned us down when the money was about the same was Kidd..Spurs always pursued FA's but a pay cut and role was also apart of that deal. Even Gasol last year..He got more $ from Chicago. If the Spurs seriously want Aldridge they will get him IMO. I just don't know if that's the route they want to take

therealtruth
06-01-2015, 07:14 PM
I think he realized the Spurs had no chance at repeating with a gimpy Splitter. Tiago is the best all-around defender on the team

you do know we have this guy who won DMVP on our team, did you forget duncan was all nba defense again this year, they also have that guy danny green who is an elite defender. Tiago is not the best all around defender on the spurs, he's the only spur who can guard power forwards at a high level(not exceptional level) and in every defensive category LMA is better then him at that. I fully understand the reluctance to accept a big name FA coming to the spurs as we have been burned before but if all it would take is moving on from tiago to secure the monies to land aldridge...you do it in a heartbeat without second thought as he's a superior player both offensively and defensively. Also tiago has pretty much peaked as a player while LMA still has some room to become better with superior coaching

Splitter stopped Randolph defensively two years ago in the playoffs and don't forget the work he did on Nowitzki and LMA himself in last year's playoffs. The advantage of having LMA is that's one less PF we can get torched by. But his defense is not at the same level as Splitter.

BackHome
06-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Well the only true FA that turned us down when the money was about the same was Kidd..Spurs always pursued FA's but a pay cut and role was also apart of that deal. Even Gasol last year..He got more $ from Chicago. If the Spurs seriously want Aldridge they will get him IMO. I just don't know if that's the route they want to take

I don't know after taxes I am not sure Gasol made that much more. I could be wrong but he wanted arts/crafts and skinny women J/K so he picked Chicago.

dabom
06-01-2015, 07:21 PM
The defense is a team defense and tiago is on the receiving end. The spurs won't drop a beat defensively. Trust me on that one.

Holden_Caulfield
06-01-2015, 07:28 PM
can he play pg?

ducks
06-01-2015, 07:33 PM
can he play pg?

why got that covered

BatManu20
06-01-2015, 07:35 PM

http://lastgif.com/gifs/5462.gif

Jdspur20
06-01-2015, 07:44 PM
Or Diaw. Nearly impossible to end up with all four of LMA/Duncan/Splitter/Diaw while still keeping Green.

Yeah give me Diaw over splitter

jbspurs
06-01-2015, 10:39 PM

I agree, with Aldridge Spurs will match up better with teams like Clippers, Houston .... But, for sure will struggle against Memphis if we end up losing Splitter.

Buddy Mignon
06-01-2015, 11:05 PM
wow... you niggas getting your hopes and desires up over Jalen Rose? Desperate times.

DPG21920
06-01-2015, 11:11 PM
wow... you niggas getting your hopes and desires up over Jalen Rose? Desperate times.

You're posting on the Spurs side for the first time in a long time - has you nervous. Especially since your Laker friends are saying Randle should be a small forward now and Rondo is on his way.

Uriel
06-01-2015, 11:56 PM
https://stephenspencerassociates.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/martin-luther-king.jpg

Nathan89
06-02-2015, 01:09 AM
Can't wait for Pop to needlessly spread the court with Tony even though we would have plenty of offense and he's terrible a defense.

dg7md
06-02-2015, 01:13 AM
We get a major FA signing, what, every 4-5 years? I guess this would be the biggest one yet if it were to happen. We're due for a major signing as clearly the landscape is shifting to Golden State owning the Western conference, so we need something else to put us over the top and become the top dog again.

BillMc
06-02-2015, 02:50 AM
Jalen also predicted LeBron would also stay with the Heat last year, with one of the key reasons being James had such a strong relationship with Riley.

I'd say he's just guessing like we all are. No insider info. Hope I'm wrong though.

Robz4000
06-02-2015, 03:43 AM
We get a major FA signing, what, every 4-5 years? I guess this would be the biggest one yet if it were to happen. We're due for a major signing as clearly the landscape is shifting to Golden State owning the Western conference, so we need something else to put us over the top and become the top dog again.

Golden State has risen, but they're about to lose a lot of their depth and potentially Draymond Green to FA. The West will belong to Meth, LAC, GS, Hou, and SA (for at least another season).

Maddog
06-02-2015, 07:31 AM

I'm trying remember the last big FA signing-
Finely was it- And he came at a bargain because of the amnesty- also a little past his prime.

exstatic
06-02-2015, 07:43 AM

CWebb 2001

JKidd 2003
Jermaine O'Neal 2003

baseline bum
06-02-2015, 07:53 AM
Golden State has risen, but they're about to lose a lot of their depth and potentially Draymond Green to FA. The West will belong to Meth, LAC, GS, Hou, and SA (for at least another season).

They're not losing Draymond Green. David Lee's deal comes off the books next summer. They have a team option on Speights, and everyone else who can leave is garbage like Leandro Barbosa or Brandon Rush.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-02-2015, 08:02 AM
They're not losing Draymond Green. David Lee's deal comes off the books next summer. They have a team option on Speights, and everyone else who can leave is garbage like Leandro Barbosa or Brandon Rush.

Draymond has earned himself a max or close to max contract. With $77+ mil already commited for next season they might think twice about matching. They prob will, but I don't think it's a given. They'll also need to find a team to dump Lee to. Philly should take him and rip them off. GS might not even have enough sweeteners to attach to Lee's contract.

BatManu20
06-02-2015, 08:14 AM
Both Draymond Green and the Warriors have expressed that staying together is a priority. He's not going anywhere. The Warriors have a young nucleus and can fill whatever they lose (D. Lee, Barbosa, etc.) via the draft or cheap FA's. Barring injuries, they're going to be the best team in the West for at least the next 2-3 seasons imo.

baseline bum
06-02-2015, 11:16 AM
Draymond has earned himself a max or close to max contract. With $77+ mil already commited for next season they might think twice about matching. They prob will, but I don't think it's a given. They'll also need to find a team to dump Lee to. Philly should take him and rip them off. GS might not even have enough sweeteners to attach to Lee's contract.

They're not going to think twice about matching because Lee's deadweight comes off the books in a year.

cjw
06-02-2015, 12:18 PM

Klay's extension kicks in next season, so assuming Draymond at $15mm, they're at $95 million for 11 guys or about $97 million for a full roster of 13. They'll definitely be limited to the taxpayer MLE for one season, but would be bringing basically every contributor back so that shouldn't hamper them. Plus, Lee's contract is gone after next season and they'll be full MLE players again.

Who knows - maybe that Lee + Barnes for Kevin Love deal reappears!

Robz4000
06-02-2015, 12:45 PM

The only bench player with a long term contract is Iggy, and from the SL alone they need to worry about Bogut and Barnes' new contracts. They'll be in a similar situation to the current Spurs next year.

UZER
06-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Jalen also predicted LeBron would also stay with the Heat last year, with one of the key reasons being James had such a strong relationship with Riley.

I'd say he's just guessing like we all are. No insider info. Hope I'm wrong though.

Sounds like even Wade was initially told he was staying too.

Sean Cagney
06-02-2015, 01:25 PM

I'd say he's just guessing like we all are. No insider info. Hope I'm wrong though.^^^^ I agree 100%.

baseline bum
06-02-2015, 01:25 PM
The only bench player with a long term contract is Iggy, and from the SL alone they need to worry about Bogut and Barnes' new contracts. They'll be in a similar situation to the current Spurs next year.

Bogut's contract ends the same time Iguodala's does in 2017. I'm guessing they'll let him walk or he'll take a paycut being an injury prone 33 year old by then.

buttsR4rebounding
06-02-2015, 03:54 PM
Yeah give me Diaw over splitter

I bet the Spurs would shop Diaw over Splitter if they can. Much of Diaw's offense touches will now belong to LA. Having a guy like Splitter to guard an opposing big for quality minutes will be more valuable. However, Splitter's extra salary and Diaw's perceived work ethic issues probably means they will have to trade Splitter.

DPG21920
06-02-2015, 04:00 PM
:cry I just want the draft to be here already

look_at_g_shred
06-03-2015, 03:57 PM
If a trade is necessary, I hope we could get CJ McCollum from the blazers as well..

tholdren
06-03-2015, 05:21 PM
I bet the Spurs would shop Diaw over Splitter if they can. Much of Diaw's offense touches will now belong to LA. Having a guy like Splitter to guard an opposing big for quality minutes will be more valuable. However, Splitter's extra salary and Diaw's perceived work ethic issues probably means they will have to trade Splitter.

The good news is spurs have a sound fo and won't do something to see it get done. They have a plan, and although aggrivating and not exciting, has worked out well for spurs fans for a long time. Spurs need to stay true to what got them here, which they will, and have a little luck.
A few more weeks will tell all

james evans
06-03-2015, 09:23 PM

Ginobli has absolutely nothing left. He's done a lot for the franchise and he has 4 rings, but he's done. Nothing wrong with being finished. You can't play sports forever.

Buddy Mignon
06-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Wait.. let me get this straight... you guys are going to sign a top name player when Duncan is now a TOSB?:lmao

Sean Cagney
06-03-2015, 11:07 PM
:cry I just want the draft to be here alreadyWho are you telling man, damn.

hooperflash
06-04-2015, 02:20 AM
At the 38:24 mark, uploaded today.. he's sticking to it.

http://youtu.be/u2sDJUhLtzE

ceperez
06-04-2015, 06:05 AM

Splitter and Parker were not 100%, that's why the Spurs took the Clippers to 7 games and lost.

A healthy Spurs team could have made it the WCF and could have beaten the Warriors (the likely champions this year).

ceperez
06-04-2015, 06:06 AM
Ginobli has absolutely nothing left. He's done a lot for the franchise and he has 4 rings, but he's done. Nothing wrong with being finished. You can't play sports forever.

However, I would rather Ginobli orchestrate the offense than any of the other alternatives.... Green, Mills, Belinelli, Joseph.

DMC
06-04-2015, 07:31 AM
This reminds me of a couple poverty kids wondering what Santa will bring them. Disappointment is in store.

Spur|n|Austin
06-04-2015, 12:21 PM
This reminds me of a couple poverty kids wondering what Santa will bring them. Disappointment is in store.

Kids are going to be a little shocked around here when we come back with the same roster (not that there's too much wrong with that).

monkeypunk
06-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Kids are going to be a little shocked around here when we come back with the same roster (not that there's too much wrong with that).

If Splitter and Parker can come back healthy and stay healthy, I'd keep the team as is over gutting it for LMA or MG. Obviously without Ayres and Bonner, tbh, but with an anderson thrown into the rotation.

cd98
06-04-2015, 12:36 PM
People here think he signs with Dallas. I don't know how that works. Dirk and LMA play the same position. I see Duncan being able to play with LMA because Tim can play center. Dirk can't play center. Plus, Dallas just doesn't have that great a roster. I see the Spurs with more potential to become a winner than Dallas. But if LMA just wants lifestyle, then Dallas is better.

Sean Cagney
06-04-2015, 01:46 PM
CWebb 2001

JKidd 2003
Jermaine O'Neal 2003
Maggette was rumored to sign or being close in 2008 as well I remember, then we end up with Mason after he bolts to the Clippers for a similar deal. I am not saying he was a huge max FA but at the time he was still a very good player and most wanted him on the team. I was dissapointed when he went to LAC because he was close to signing with SA they were all saying (Some reports even said he signed, that b.s.).

rogcl1
06-04-2015, 02:15 PM
Maggette was rumored to sign or being close in 2008 as well I remember, then we end up with Mason after he bolts to the Clippers for a similar deal. I am not saying he was a huge max FA but at the time he was still a very good player and most wanted him on the team. I was dissapointed when he went to LAC because he was close to signing with SA they were all saying (Some reports even said he signed, that b.s.).

I think you might be a little mixed up on the details of the Spurs / Magette alleged near signing. The Spurs had the mid level exception to give out in contract. Magette signed a five year 50 million dollar deal with Golden State not the clippers. Not even close.

cd98
06-04-2015, 02:36 PM

He picked Golden State for the money, not because he wouldn't want to play for the Spurs. He came here for our training camp a few years later, but retired before the season started.

james evans
06-04-2015, 03:06 PM
If Splitter and Parker can come back healthy and stay healthy,
people have been saying this same BULLSHIT the past 3 years.. "if parker can get healthy....". Why is it when he's playing bad in the playoffs(which is damn near every year since 2007) he's hurt? Just cut the bullshit. He's done. If he's so hurt, then why is he playing for France this summer?

DPG21920
06-04-2015, 03:12 PM
people have been saying this same BULLSHIT the past 3 years.. "if parker can get healthy....". Why is it when he's playing bad in the playoffs(which is damn near every year since 2007) he's hurt? Just cut the bullshit. He's done. If he's so hurt, then why is he playing for France this summer?

Ugh, the past 3 years have included two trips to the finals.

BatManu20
06-04-2015, 03:24 PM
People here think he signs with Dallas. I don't know how that works. Dirk and LMA play the same position. I see Duncan being able to play with LMA because Tim can play center. Dirk can't play center. Plus, Dallas just doesn't have that great a roster. I see the Spurs with more potential to become a winner than Dallas. But if LMA just wants lifestyle, then Dallas is better.

Dirk said last month he's willing to come off the bench next season if it means they sign a premier big man. It would also be wise as it would prolong Dirk's career a bit.

BatManu20
06-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Should be noted that he was renting out this house from Damon Stoudamire, and doesn't actually own it.

BatManu20
06-04-2015, 03:28 PM
LMA has moved 3 times in 9 seasons in Portland. All rented houses apparently. This could very well be nothing, tbh.

Sean Cagney
06-04-2015, 03:35 PM
I think you might be a little mixed up on the details of the Spurs / Magette alleged near signing. The Spurs had the mid level exception to give out in contract. Magette signed a five year 50 million dollar deal with Golden State not the clippers. Not even close.

Oh yeah you are right! He said it was about winning and he would sign for less I remember, then went and took the money and went to a bad team. That is what happened in that situation, one of those I want to win and will take less to win things and then runs to the glamerous city and for money like alot of those guys do. I can't say I blame them per se but don't say one thing and do the other when you know money is a huge factor.
LMA has moved 3 times in 9 seasons in Portland. All rented houses apparently. This could very well be nothing, tbh.
Someone recently just told me this as well, he said he had homes in SA and sold them too before! This means nothing if all that is true.

Sean Cagney
06-04-2015, 03:38 PM
He picked Golden State for the money, not because he wouldn't want to play for the Spurs. He came here for our training camp a few years later, but retired before the season started.

Correct, he went there for the money and probably the better city to move to as far as night life goes etc. He said he wanted to win and would take less, but we saw what that means when players say that.

Maj_G
06-04-2015, 03:48 PM

can't disagree with that, but two things (1) this past year Manu played way too many in Dec which eventually burned him. As you mention that's age catching up with him. (2) the 2014/15 version of Manu was still good for a role player. Not by manu standards by any means, but as role player with limited minutes off the bench. I will gladly take 10pts, 4ast and 1stl with the occasional 20//10 game.

Maj_G
06-04-2015, 03:54 PM
He talked about LMA again in his next podcast. I don't think it's a done deal so to speak, but from all indications Pop and Timmy have talked with LMA and he is open to the idea because he is all about winning and replacing Timmy would be an honor. So they are talking, which is very exciting to be honest. San Antonio fans deserve a major FA signing.

manufan10
06-04-2015, 03:57 PM
I'll wait until someone like Woj tweets about it.

hooperflash
06-04-2015, 04:09 PM
He talked about LMA again in his next podcast. I don't think it's a done deal so to speak, but from all indications Pop and Timmy have talked with LMA and he is open to the idea because he is all about winning and replacing Timmy would be an honor. So they are talking, which is very exciting to be honest. San Antonio fans deserve a major FA signing.

I posted that podcast on the third page my man :tu

Andthentherewas21
06-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Even if he does leave, I think Portland will try to get involved and get something in return for him through a S&T instead of having him walk for nothing. Since he hasn't made a definitive indication of where he would like to go, it could come down to who is able to offer the best package for him, again assuming he doesn't have a single team in mind by July.

From various reports/rumors, the teams he has been linked to include: SA, Dallas, and LA (can't remember if its both Clips and Lakers or just Lakers). Of those the Lakers would potentially have the best offer if they were willing to part with the #2 pick. If not, it would depend on what direction the post-Aldridge Blazers wanted to go (i.e. full rebuild, quick rebuild, ect). Regardless, the Spurs are still probably at the bottom of that list.

sexinthatsx
06-04-2015, 04:51 PM
WE don't need LMA anyway. I'm all for Gasol!

spurs10
06-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Does LMA spell curtains for Boris more than Tiago?

wildbill2u
06-04-2015, 09:59 PM
We've heard a bunch of FAs mouth about what a honor to play with Tim and for Pop and what a good chance to win a championship in SA,and it's not about money==but then they think of the odds against winning and the difference in the money==and it's all about the money.

Spurs fans are just like Charlie Brown when Lucy tells him that this time she won't pull the football away. So gullible, so trusting, so naive after all these years.

Nathan89
06-04-2015, 11:30 PM
Going forward the offense won't be able to function with TP and Splitter on the court. Getting rid of splitter to get LMA is in our best interests.

RD2191
06-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Lol. This team goes nowhere without tiago. Its all about defense. The offense is still there. Spurs just hit a drought at the worst possible time.

Nathan89
06-05-2015, 12:52 AM
Toughest opponent the next couple of years will be the warriors. Tiago and Parker lineup will prevent us from keeping up with them.

Sean Cagney
06-05-2015, 12:58 AM
We've heard a bunch of FAs mouth about what a honor to play with Tim and for Pop and what a good chance to win a championship in SA,and it's not about money==but then they think of the odds against winning and the difference in the money==and it's all about the money.

Spurs fans are just like Charlie Brown when Lucy tells him that this time she won't pull the football away. So gullible, so trusting, so naive after all these years.
Bingo....
Lol. This team goes nowhere without tiago. Its all about defense. The offense is still there. Spurs just hit a drought at the worst possible time.

It is about the D and Tiago being hurt did not help at all but the shooting was AWFUL in that series, especially the three ball. It seemed from three all of them were just clanking wide open shots, one or two of those falls late in game 7 they advance. Beli and Patty shot well but that is it (From deep). Kawhi the first 4 games, then not so much.

T Park
06-05-2015, 03:46 AM

The past three years including two finals trips and 1 championship.

Burn your computer and yourself at the same time.

T Park
06-05-2015, 03:48 AM
Toughest opponent the next couple of years will be the warriors. Tiago and Parker lineup will prevent us from keeping up with them.

Yeah why have one of the best pick and roll defenders in the NBA. The Warriors don't run that at all.....

T Park
06-05-2015, 03:49 AM

Ding ding ding. If Tiago splitter is even 90% the Spurs are beating the living shit out of the Cavaliers right now.

T Park
06-05-2015, 03:55 AM
CWebb 2001

JKidd 2003
Jermaine O'Neal 2003

Kidd was a done deal until his wife stepped in. Reporter told me this spring jersey was made up and everything.

Nathan89
06-05-2015, 04:57 AM
Yeah why have one of the best pick and roll defenders in the NBA. The Warriors don't run that at all.....

I wish we could keep Tiago but we can't if we want to get a better player that will be needed considering the dead weight at pg. Tiagos inept offense was alright in the past but going forward we need someone that can help replace the offensive load that Tony will try to carry but in the process kill the team.

james evans
06-05-2015, 11:14 AM
Ugh, the past 3 years have included two trips to the finals.
what did he do in the finals?

Spur|n|Austin
06-05-2015, 11:18 AM
what did he do in the finals?

Was the Spurs starting point guard..

kobyz
06-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Why to sign lma to the max? Why not to sign amare instead? You can sign him for chip and amare might even shot a better than 5 from 23 from the field...

monkeypunk
06-05-2015, 12:37 PM
Why to sign lma to the max? Why not to sign amare instead? You can sign him for chip and amare might even shot a better than 5 from 23 from the field...

Lma has the potential to become a better defender. Stat is what he is, an ex athletic jump shooter.

hater
06-05-2015, 12:44 PM

Harakiri. Try it.

gambit1990
06-05-2015, 02:50 PM
i think he's signing with us.

Sean Cagney
06-05-2015, 04:00 PM
i think he's signing with us.
Why? Just asking.

gambit1990
06-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Why? Just asking.
just my gut feeling. i'm well aware we never manage to sign big name free agents so i won't hold my breath but this feels different to me. he's from texas, his son lives in san antonio... he'll have a chance to play alongside his idol, on a team with a championship pedigree. he's 29, how much better will the trailblazers' roster be next year? good enough for a title run? nope.

idk how the rockets' numbers work out but i doubt they can afford him. and between us and the mavs it's not hard to see who has a better roster.

he and gasol aren't getting any younger and their teams won't be significantly better by next year. i'll be ecstatic with either.

Maj_G
06-05-2015, 05:08 PM
100% agree with gambit, in the past any major FA would be 4th option or say 3rd, but no higher than that. LMA has the chance to be the guy in SA.

G-Dawgg
06-05-2015, 05:57 PM
If Aldridge stays in Portland, his prime years will be spent just like the his previous years -working hard for a team that will never be good enough to make it. And the only satisfaction he'll ever get in his career will be to be adored by Portland's fans. While if he comes to the Spurs, his career will get an injection of adrenaline. Just the hype of being the biggest free agent signing of the summer alone must be exciting for him. The Spurs would instantly be favorites to contend for the championship with him as the best player on the team for the next few years. Not only will he become an instant fan favorite here in San Antonio and our best scorer/rebounder, but he'll get the experience of playing with hall of fame players, learn from a hall of fame coach and contend for multiple titles.. things he will never experience in Portland, -while making generally about the same amount of money.. He has the opportunity to start fresh in the best possible position as the new cornerstone of one of the greatest dynasties in the NBA. Or, he could just re sign in Portland, never win anything and fade away into obscurity. The appeal of re-signing in Portland is not as attractive in comparison. Especially since the team as it stands will never contend for a title and is many pieces (and a coach) away from being a championship threat. Honestly what player in their right mind would not want to sign a maximum contract from an elite team like the Spurs and play for coach Popovich? I understand we haven't had luck with free agents in the past, but this time we can offer more money than everybody else. I'm talking about a MAXIMUM contract from the best run franchise in all of north american sports. Lebron left the Heat after multiple finals appearances in a row and winning championships. If Lebron can go back home, maybe Aldridge can too.... I like our chances, Aldridge is coming.....

tmtcsc
06-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Is LA a good fit for the Spurs - meaning, will he be able to play with Tim on the floor? Will we give up Tiago in a trade to get him, and if so, does that free up $$ to go after Gasol too?

cjw
06-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Is LA a good fit for the Spurs - meaning, will he be able to play with Tim on the floor? Will we give up Tiago in a trade to get him, and if so, does that free up $$ to go after Gasol too?

Yes - definitely can play with Tim on the floor. Issue would be more if Tim sits and Splitter is shipped off.

Aldridge is a FA, so if Spurs have max cap space, they don't need to move anyone. Max space can be had by moving Splitter or Diaw, or close if Mills is moved (but not all the way there).

Only way to get both Marc and Aldridge would be to move Splitter and Diaw (or renounce Green), and take no money back. Next to impossible. I'd say it's more likely that the Cavs win the title in 5 this year than Aldridge/Marc both joining.

tmtcsc
06-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Yes - definitely can play with Tim on the floor. Issue would be more if Tim sits and Splitter is shipped off.

Aldridge is a FA, so if Spurs have max cap space, they don't need to move anyone. Max space can be had by moving Splitter or Diaw, or close if Mills is moved (but not all the way there).

Only way to get both Marc and Aldridge would be to move Splitter and Diaw (or renounce Green), and take no money back. Next to impossible. I'd say it's more likely that the Cavs win the title in 5 this year than Aldridge/Marc both joining.

So Tim moves to the 5 if he plays with LA on the floor? LA has the better jumper at this point, agreed?

G-Dawgg
06-05-2015, 08:18 PM
So Tim moves to the 5 if he plays with LA on the floor? LA has the better jumper at this point, agreed?
Easily. I'd compare his jumper to Dirk's before Timmy's.

tmtcsc
06-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Gasol seems like a better replacement for Tiago while LA seems like a better replacement for Tim. Since Tim has realistically only 1 or 2 years left, perhaps LA is the best choice. Of course, I'm HOPING Tim returns.

Sean Cagney
06-05-2015, 08:39 PM
Gasol seems like a better replacement for Tiago while LA seems like a better replacement for Tim. Since Tim has realistically only 1 or 2 years left, perhaps LA is the best choice. Of course, I'm HOPING Tim returns.
I agree.

gambit1990
06-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Gasol seems like a better replacement for Tiago while LA seems like a better replacement for Tim.
well put.

i'm sure timmy's coming back. for at least two years with the way he's been able to play. we get la, repeat, td goes out on top like the admiral.

tholdren
06-05-2015, 09:45 PM
bye bye tiago too bad

06-05-2015, 10:07 PM
If Timmy and Manu come back, I doubt they have the ability to sign Aldridge. I don't see them letting Danny get away and moving Splitter won't be easy with his inability to stay healthy for long stretches.

Malik Hairston
06-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Aldridge would be a great fit from an offensive standpoint IMO(especially since he has said that he's going to be shooting more 3s as his career progresses), unless they lose both Green and Splitter, of course..he's not a net negative defensive player, but he's not an impact defender, thus making it imperative to keep both Kawhi/DG on the perimeter, tbh..

Spurs could probably survive without Splitter(they had a top 3 D earlier in the year without him when Duncan was still fresh, although the sample size was miniscule), but only if they add defenders to the bench, too..can't survive with Manu and Belinelli as the backup wing defenders, and Diaw/Baynes as the bigs..look at the Warriors, for example, they don't have a single net negative defender in the rotation, including Curry, in addition to having 4 great/elite defenders(Bogut, Green, Iggy, Thompson)..

Sean Cagney
06-06-2015, 12:42 AM
just my gut feeling. i'm well aware we never manage to sign big name free agents so i won't hold my breath but this feels different to me. he's from texas, his son lives in san antonio... he'll have a chance to play alongside his idol, on a team with a championship pedigree. he's 29, how much better will the trailblazers' roster be next year? good enough for a title run? nope.

idk how the rockets' numbers work out but i doubt they can afford him. and between us and the mavs it's not hard to see who has a better roster.

he and gasol aren't getting any younger and their teams won't be significantly better by next year. i'll be ecstatic with either.

We will see man, I still won't get excited and always doubting a player will sign with SA until they actually sign. We will hear all the it was close crap and how they wanted to win and were so close to signing with the Spurs and then go somewhere else. We have seen that a few times so I won't get excited at all until someone actually signs in SA as a big name FA. I hear what you are saying though.

buttsR4rebounding
06-06-2015, 03:04 AM

Does LMA spell curtains for Boris more than Tiago?

eDizzle20
06-06-2015, 03:14 AM
Hopefully Duncan and Ginobili come back for next season, even better if the could find a way to create cap space to sign Aldridge. Even though Aldridge is not an alpha go to player, he is pretty close to it.

BillMc
06-06-2015, 03:20 AM
Again, I think Rose is just guessing, but I'm all for LA as long as we don't have to decimate the roster to get him.

manufan10
06-06-2015, 12:11 PM

Great analogy.

Sean Cagney
06-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Again, I think Rose is just guessing, but I'm all for LA as long as we don't have to decimate the roster to get him.
He is purely guessing, maybe a good guess given signs or he may have heard something we did not behind the scenes but before FA even begins this is just a pure guess. Watch him stretch out his options too and take his time before he decides where to sign this off season, this will get stretched out and fans in here will be hanging on by a thread while this one here goes 100 pages by July 10th.

You can book all of that above and then some :lol

coachmac87
06-06-2015, 04:57 PM
I'm not trying to get too excited. But if the Spurs really want LA I think it gets done...Think about the other teams?? SA is an immediate fit and the best chance of winning compared to the rest.

What I think it'll come down to is the $. Are the Spurs willing to offer the max? If they do what players will we lose because of it? Spurs willing to do it? If Spurs offer the max to LA he will be a Spur.

TXstbobcat
06-06-2015, 05:45 PM
Spurs fans all dreaming about getting to order that LMA Spurs jersey.

hooperflash
06-07-2015, 08:51 AM
Spurs fans all dreaming about getting to order that LMA Spurs jersey.

I'm just waiting on Leonard to sign that contract , been wanting his jersey since 2011.

Big P
06-08-2015, 07:12 PM
Interdasting...

According to someone named Ben Ewing, this is LaMarcus Aldridge arriving at Logan Airport yesterday morning. The photo was posted on Sherrod Blakely’s Facebook page. I’ve been unable to confirm two things: 1) that’s actually LaMarcus Aldridge and 2) that’s Logan Airport. We’ve heard rumors that Aldridge is here with Tony Parker to catch the Kevin Hart show. I’m not sure why LMA would pick Boston when Hart is touring across the US this summer. RedsArmy.com
Rumors tagsBoston Celtics, Portland Trail Blazers, Free Agency, LaMarcus Aldridge
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.u2IJfXBj.dpuf

ace3g
06-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Interdasting...

According to someone named Ben Ewing, this is LaMarcus Aldridge arriving at Logan Airport yesterday morning. The photo was posted on Sherrod Blakely’s Facebook page. I’ve been unable to confirm two things: 1) that’s actually LaMarcus Aldridge and 2) that’s Logan Airport. We’ve heard rumors that Aldridge is here with Tony Parker to catch the Kevin Hart show. I’m not sure why LMA would pick Boston when Hart is touring across the US this summer. RedsArmy.com
Rumors tagsBoston Celtics, Portland Trail Blazers, Free Agency, LaMarcus Aldridge
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.u2IJfXBj.dpuf

https://igcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t51.2885-15/11429738_1641825062715799_1742209633_n.jpg

http://cryto.net/%7Ejoepie91/lol/its-happening.gif

Big P
06-08-2015, 07:29 PM
:wow:lol

monkeypunk
06-08-2015, 07:29 PM
https://igcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t51.2885-15/11429738_1641825062715799_1742209633_n.jpg

ace3g is funny but damn is Kevin short!

exstatic
06-08-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm just waiting on Leonard to sign that contract , been wanting his jersey since 2011.

Not sure why you're waiting. He's restricted, and will either be signed outright to a MAX deal or he'll be matched if someone else signs him to an offer sheet.

BatManu20
06-08-2015, 08:56 PM
=monkeypunk;8041212]damn is Kevin short !

He's 5'2. Tiny.

BatManu20
06-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Boston fans going crazy on the internet b/c Aldridge is in town :lol

Big P
06-08-2015, 09:23 PM
I just posted the same thing I posted here on the celtics fan forum on realgm..let's see where it goes.

Spur|n|Austin
06-08-2015, 09:26 PM

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Michael-Cera-Is-Excited-Things-Are-Finally-Happening-On-Arrested-Development.gif

spursparker9
06-08-2015, 09:28 PM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Michael-Cera-Is-Excited-Things-Are-Finally-Happening-On-Arrested-Development.gif

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130131215527/glee/images/9/96/Celebrating.gif

look_at_g_shred
06-08-2015, 10:39 PM
Hmm...

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-09-2015, 07:09 AM
Remember Tony had dinner with Gasol as well. Gasol was very close to signing with the Spurs, but the Bulls GM made the moves to give Gasol more money and a starting spot. Don't blame him for picking the Bulls, although I think he would have a better shot of winning a championship with the Spurs over the Bulls.

Thing is with LMA, he will have a starting sport and will get a Max contract. And also, Gasol's kid (doesn't even have any) doesn't live in the SA. That is a big Ace in the Hole for the Spurs. Time will tell. But either way, the Spurs will be a contending team for at least another year, with or without LA.

spursparker9
06-09-2015, 07:33 AM
At least Enrique is making himself useful by recruiting ...

hater
06-09-2015, 07:53 AM
Mvporker doing mvporker tangs

Maj_G
07-04-2015, 02:12 PM

apparently not much :)