djohn2oo8
06-01-2015, 04:56 PM
:lmao

TheSanityAnnex
06-01-2015, 05:06 PM

RsxPiimp
06-01-2015, 05:16 PM
I told niggas I'll trade down for Orlando's 5th, Vucevic and either Payton or Gordon for the Lakers #2 and they also take Nick Young.

DPG21920
06-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Lakers would obviously do that trade, but Kings would have to think about it. It's not that far off, but LA lacks any other really good assets to sweeten the deal.

Killakobe81
06-01-2015, 05:30 PM
Lakers would obviously do that trade, but Kings would have to think about it. It's not that far off, but LA lacks any other really good assets to sweeten the deal.

I like Cousins but wonder if some of the stats he puts up are empty and I dont feel comfortable with him as a franchise max guy. Boogie is like a more mobile prime ZBO ...can you truly win a title with ZBO as your best player? Memphis hasnt won with ZBo as their 2nd best player.

I get Fans want us to be contenders sooner rather than later. But ill take later if that means we are title contenders later than being 2nd round fodder Right now we have less talent than the Kings and they couldnt sniff the playoffs.

Pass at max money ...

Killakobe81
06-01-2015, 05:32 PM
Laker fans need to stop the desperation, this takes time. Days of re-load not rebuild are on hold. Need to be smart. take advantage of a sucker GM ...

DPG21920
06-01-2015, 05:33 PM
I agree, Killa, but I think (based on Mitch's comments at face value) that LA would do that trade. I don't think it's far fetched at all, but I'm not sure SAC does the deal and gives an already sure, proven player to a struggling LA when they themselves are struggling.

Cousins is much more talented than Zbo though. However, I don't trust anything anyone from LA says. They lie right to their fans faces pretty much and insult them. I think LA fans in general act like they don't tolerate losing, so guys like Mitch swear up and down they won't stand for losing (two lotteries in a row) even though they don't do jack squat.

Killakobe81
06-01-2015, 06:04 PM
I agree, Killa, but I think (based on Mitch's comments at face value) that LA would do that trade. I don't think it's far fetched at all, but I'm not sure SAC does the deal and gives an already sure, proven player to a struggling LA when they themselves are struggling.

Cousins is much more talented than Zbo though. However, I don't trust anything anyone from LA says. They lie right to their fans faces pretty much and insult them. I think LA fans in general act like they don't tolerate losing, so guys like Mitch swear up and down they won't stand for losing (two lotteries in a row) even though they don't do jack squat.

Even if he is especially as a passer and athlete is he really much better from a numbers standpoint? at his best ZBO was putting up 20 plus and 10 plus against a real team like the Spurs. Boogie hasnt sniffed a playoffs and even if he is better is 5 points and maybe a few more assists worth max franchise money? Is Boogie a Lakers saviour? I dont see it. If we had steph or harden and added Boogie as a #2 I would be wowed. But if Boogie is your # 1 do you attract a 1A or a high level #2? I dont see him as the type to attract other stars. SO again if he cant lead a title I pass I would rather hold cap space for a true #1 on a title team find a #2 and a #3 but dont pay anyone "kobe money"unless they are Lebron, Adavis, Durant, Blake or Westbrook.

DPG21920
06-01-2015, 06:10 PM
I agree - I would worry about drafting well (hopefully you end up with a number one that way if you have #2 pick) so you can at least have a young, cheap top 3 player on a playoff team. Randle doesn't look like that, but it's really early - they need to hit on this pick.

But I don't trust LA's front office to tell the truth nor make wise decisions at this point. They will have to prove it.

coachmac87
06-01-2015, 06:29 PM
You don't do that trade. Just draft players and fill the roster with solid deals and wait for Kobe to leave next year and go for the big fish in 16' or 17'

Splits
06-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Why on earth would the Kings even consider this? They've got DMC locked up on a good contract for the next 3 years. Makes absolutely no sense since the Lakers have nothing to sweeten the deal other than the Houston 1st rounder.

Dex
06-01-2015, 06:32 PM

Gamble if you ask me. Obviously Towns and Okafor are both unknown commodities, whereas you know what you are getting with Cousins...a high volume scorer and good rebounder who is also a real head case.

Frankly, I'd rather roll the dice on the rookies if I were the Lakers tbh.

JamStone
06-01-2015, 06:38 PM
I don't think it's a ridiculous or far-fetched trade proposal. I think the Lakers would be much more interested in making the deal, but hypothetically, Sacramento should at least consider it. And the Lakers do have one asset that could possibly sweeten the deal, Julius Randle. Randle and #2 for Cousins would be an interesting offer.

Here's why Sacramento would have to consider it:

The year before Cousins was drafted, the Kings won 25 games (.305 winning percentage). Since Cousins was drafted:

2011: 24 wins, .293 winning percentage
2012: 22 wins, .333 winning percentage (66 game regular season)
2013: 28 wins, .341 winning percentage
2014: 28 wins, .341 winning percentage
2015: 29 wins, .354 winning percentage

Boogie has gotten more productive, but it hasn't helped the team get better. Granted he has missed games in some of those seasons and I don't know their record with and without him. But overall big picture look at it, even if he's putting up all star numbers, the team still sucks. You could blame the front office for their personnel moves, but it's not like they've been completely bereft of talent. And if Boogie is supposed to be one of the more dominating big men in the league, even with nominal talent, they can't be as bad as they've been since he's been drafted. Nearly no improvement year after year. The Kings would have to consider it.

It's easy to see why the Lakers would do the deal. Kobe's final year... allegedly. And he's always relied on having a dominant interior presence any time he's had any team success. And Boogie is on the books for 3 more seasons so they don't have to worry about trying to keep him only after one year. 3 more years is actually perfect for a team trying to trade for him, especially when the salary cap expects to increase a lot over the next few seasons and his annual salary won't be cumbersome at all.

The reason why the Kings wouldn't do it. They aren't going to help the Lakers. Shaq's ego as part owner would take a big hit on the risk that it actually works out for the Lakers and Shaq gift wraps Kobe and the Lakers any kind of significant help. And outside Boogie, the Kings don't have much on their roster so trading him would basically mean they'd be starting from scratch like a first year expansion team.

Realistically, probably not going to happen. But on paper, I don't think it's a bad trade proposal at all for either team.

DPG21920
06-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Randle has little value.

JamStone
06-01-2015, 06:51 PM
I think more value than you suggest. In fact, his injury probably helps his value more than if he played all season and proved that he sucked. There's some or at least perceived potential still in a guy like that.

Koolaid_Man
06-01-2015, 06:52 PM
I think more value than you suggest. In fact, his injury probably helps his value more than if he played all season and proved that he sucked. There's some or at least perceived potential still in a guy like that.

Get into his ass Jammie...i got ya back :lol

DPG21920
06-01-2015, 06:54 PM

I have never seen an injury increase someone's value. But with what the Lakers have to offer, I agree it might be the best they can do to sweeten the pot. Not sure it's enough but like I said, the #2 for Boogie isn't a bad deal.

Splits
06-01-2015, 06:59 PM
No way Lakers throw in Randle.

HemisfairArena
06-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Laker fan delusion knows no bounds,,,,

DMC
06-01-2015, 08:26 PM
You don't do that trade. Just draft players and fill the roster with solid deals and wait for Kobe to leave next year and go for the big fish in 16' or 17'

Kobe will sign another 2 year deal after next season. Probably 25m for 2 years.

Thread
06-01-2015, 08:28 PM

In order to do that he'll have to put up 20-5-5 prior. Come ahead.

Splits
06-01-2015, 08:30 PM

While posting a negative WS/48?

:lmao OK

DMC
06-01-2015, 08:30 PM
Well sure, for a week.

Thread
06-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Well sure, for a week.

No. And don't play stupid. In order to get a healthy extension he'll have to put up big numbers over a season's worth of games.

Splits
06-01-2015, 08:33 PM
No. And don't play stupid. In order to get a healthy extension he'll have to put up big numbers over a season's worth of games.

Like 2 years ago?

Thread
06-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Like 2 years ago?

Yeah, the 48 was based on 25-5-5.

Splits
06-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Yeah, the 48 was based on 25-5-5.

And a busted Achilles :lmao

http://i.imgur.com/WtZLAUE.gif

Thread
06-01-2015, 08:37 PM

In for penny.

In for pound.

whitemamba
06-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Laker fans need to stop the desperation, this takes time. Days of re-load not rebuild are on hold. Need to be smart. take advantage of a sucker GM ...

its not desperation, I think cousins under the right lights wil shine. He plays hard, and wants to win.

this is probably sadly true tbh

Mnky
06-02-2015, 05:08 AM

:lol

Thread
06-02-2015, 06:37 AM
:lol

I'd beat that fuckin' pussy till it breathed no more.

Mnky
06-02-2015, 09:34 PM
I'd beat that fuckin' pussy till it breathed no more.

Isn't that what got Kobe in trouble...?

Thread
06-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Isn't that what got Kobe in trouble...?

No, he fucked that pussy & that balloon knot. I'm just gonna beat that pussy.

TheSanityAnnex
06-02-2015, 09:49 PM
I don't think it's a ridiculous or far-fetched trade proposal. I think the Lakers would be much more interested in making the deal, but hypothetically, Sacramento should at least consider it. And the Lakers do have one asset that could possibly sweeten the deal, Julius Randle. Randle and #2 for Cousins would be an interesting offer.

Here's why Sacramento would have to consider it:

The year before Cousins was drafted, the Kings won 25 games (.305 winning percentage). Since Cousins was drafted:

2011: 24 wins, .293 winning percentage
2012: 22 wins, .333 winning percentage (66 game regular season)
2013: 28 wins, .341 winning percentage
2014: 28 wins, .341 winning percentage
2015: 29 wins, .354 winning percentage

Boogie has gotten more productive, but it hasn't helped the team get better. Granted he has missed games in some of those seasons and I don't know their record with and without him. But overall big picture look at it, even if he's putting up all star numbers, the team still sucks. You could blame the front office for their personnel moves, but it's not like they've been completely bereft of talent. And if Boogie is supposed to be one of the more dominating big men in the league, even with nominal talent, they can't be as bad as they've been since he's been drafted. Nearly no improvement year after year. The Kings would have to consider it.

It's easy to see why the Lakers would do the deal. Kobe's final year... allegedly. And he's always relied on having a dominant interior presence any time he's had any team success. And Boogie is on the books for 3 more seasons so they don't have to worry about trying to keep him only after one year. 3 more years is actually perfect for a team trying to trade for him, especially when the salary cap expects to increase a lot over the next few seasons and his annual salary won't be cumbersome at all.

The reason why the Kings wouldn't do it. They aren't going to help the Lakers. Shaq's ego as part owner would take a big hit on the risk that it actually works out for the Lakers and Shaq gift wraps Kobe and the Lakers any kind of significant help. And outside Boogie, the Kings don't have much on their roster so trading him would basically mean they'd be starting from scratch like a first year expansion team.

Realistically, probably not going to happen. But on paper, I don't think it's a bad trade proposal at all for either team.
This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've seen here in a long time.

I believe the Kings have won 1 game without Cousins. And yes, they are bereft of talent outside of Gay. Collison is decent. Proud owners of the worst bench in the league and the most dysfunctional front office. The lack of wins have nothing to do with Cousins, that falls squarely on the front office for botched draft after botched draft and terrible free agent signings.

whitemamba
06-23-2015, 05:50 PM
bump tbh, do it mitch

djohn2oo8
06-23-2015, 06:43 PM
bump tbh, do it mitch

You don't want to make that trade. Not with Byron Scott as the coach.

Venti Quattro
06-23-2015, 06:49 PM

Fire him them. :lol

djohn2oo8
06-23-2015, 06:57 PM
Fire him them. :lol

Even still, Cousins will choke Kobe dead on the floor if he doesn't pass him the ball. Cousins is a headcase who isn't worth the trouble. Trying to block a coach hiring, yet this fool has terribly bad metrics. Never been worth more than 7.9 wins in a season.

whitemamba
06-23-2015, 09:18 PM
nah d, I disagree , i think cousins with his fucked up attitude will thrive in la. He needs to get out of that shithole franchise.

Thread
06-23-2015, 09:22 PM
^If I were Sacramento I'd die before I traded him anywhere. And that's just the way it'd be.

djohn2oo8
06-23-2015, 09:24 PM
^If I were Sacramento I'd die before I traded him anywhere. And that's just the way it'd be.
Karl is a moron though.

Thread
06-23-2015, 09:35 PM
Karl is a moron though.

I know. That fuck. How irresponsible. He's learned nothing. Not one gd thing.

HI-FI
06-23-2015, 09:45 PM
I know. That fuck. How irresponsible. He's learned nothing. Not one gd thing.
What if Silver and members of the Six Tribes sat down with Kings' ownership and laid out the facts. "Look, we got an aging rapist who is getting exposed with every passing year. If we give him another all star big, there's a chance his career won't end in embarrassment. It will at least get Nike off our backs." Perhaps Karl is the fall guy.

Thread
06-23-2015, 09:57 PM
What if Silver and members of the Six Tribes sat down with Kings' ownership and laid out the facts. "Look, we got an aging rapist who is getting exposed with every passing year. If we give him another all star big, there's a chance his career won't end in embarrassment. It will at least get Nike off our backs." Perhaps Karl is the fall guy.

Have to be an asshole, eh, HI?

HI-FI
06-23-2015, 10:00 PM
Have to be an asshole, eh, HI?
Eh it's a theory.