PDA

View Full Version : Report: TSA failed to catch 67 out of 70 threats

ElNono
06-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Transportation Security Administration officials failed to stop undercover agents carrying fake explosives or banned weapons through airport security during 67 out of 70 trials, a new report alleges.

According to ABC News, a new TSA report found that Homeland Security “Red Team” personnel, when posing as passengers, were easily able to smuggle dangerous materials through checkpoints.

Upon hearing the results of the tests, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson reportedly went to TSA headquarters in Northern Virginia for an in-person briefing. Officials told ABC that they have already implemented changes based on the results of the Red Team tests.

During one test, an undercover Homeland Security official was reportedly apprehended after he set off a magnetometer, but the TSA agents on the scene did not uncover a mock explosive taped to his back, even during a pat down.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/tsa-airport-security-terror-threats-weapons-checkpoints-smuggle-118496.html

DarrinS
06-01-2015, 03:13 PM
Sad

boutons_deux
06-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Muslim woman says she faced discrimination on United-linked flight

A social media campaign gained strength on Monday for a Muslim chaplain at Northwestern University who said

she was denied an unopened can of soda on a United Airlines-affiliated carrier aftera flight attendant told her it could be used as a weapon.

Referring to the incident last week, Tahera Ahmad said in a Facebook (http://www.reuters.com/subjects/facebook) post the flight attendant had discriminated against her and that she was the subject of anti-Islamic hatred by other passengers on the flight from Chicago to Washington.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/01/us-usa-islam-soda-idUSKBN0OH35I20150601?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

another version said the f/a gave the adjacent man a can of unopened beer, heard the Muslim lady's complaint, then took the beer back and opened it. :lol

CosmicCowboy
06-01-2015, 04:36 PM
I don't remember ever being served an unopened beverage on an airplane.

Spurminator
06-01-2015, 04:52 PM

Usually nobody does, unless there's a mistake. This lady sounds like an opportunistic attention whore.

DarrinS
06-01-2015, 05:14 PM

The warrior flight attendants are out of control

MultiTroll
06-01-2015, 06:30 PM
As much as i like open information, is a f up of this magnatude really something we want going public so any would-be real terrorist would know how absolutely incompetent the TSA is?

smh

ElNono
06-01-2015, 07:19 PM
As much as i like open information, is a f up of this magnatude really something we want going public so any would-be real terrorist would know how absolutely incompetent the TSA is?

smh

Sure. We're footing the bill for this circus. Plus, at this point, I feel transparency and public shaming will work much better than some secret memo nobody has to pay attention to.

baseline bum
06-01-2015, 07:22 PM
But TSA did manage to detain me for 15 minutes for questioning two out of two times for having the audacity to wear a knee brace. I fucked up telling them I had it on, sounds like I had a 96% chance of passing through undetected tbh.

CosmicCowboy
06-01-2015, 08:01 PM
But TSA did manage to detain me for 15 minutes for questioning two out of two times for having the audacity to wear a knee brace. I fucked up telling them I had it on, sounds like I had a 96% chance of passing through undetected tbh.

Same here.. They made me take mine off and patted me down twice fucking fat ass faggots. I was wearing freaking shorts and sandals so there was no question what they were looking at.

ElNono
06-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Same here.. They made me take mine off and patted me down twice fucking fat ass faggots. I was wearing freaking shorts and sandals so there was no question what they were looking at.

My dad received the special treatment, despite he's over 80 years old and told them he has titanium knee replacements on both legs. Gonna tell him next time to tell 'em he's from the "Red Team", so they let him through.

baseline bum
06-01-2015, 10:37 PM

They did some weird wipedown to mine and a couple of patdowns.

Clipper Nation
06-01-2015, 10:57 PM
:lmao And people want to put these faggots in charge of healthcare even more than they already are next.

Aztecfan03
06-01-2015, 11:57 PM
SOunds like something that shouldn't be reported. Would likely take a bit of time to fix this and terrorists now know about it.

ElNono
06-02-2015, 02:14 AM
Director of nation's airport security reassigned

The move came the same day as the release of an embarrassing report.

The chief of the Transportation Security Administration was reassigned Monday, the same day that a report was released chronicling massive failures in airport security.

Melvin Carraway, the TSA’s acting administrator was reassigned, according to a statement issued by Jeh Johnson, secretary of Homeland Security. Mark Hatfield, who had been the agency’s acting deputy director, will take the reins.

Carraway, who joined the agency in 2004, had been the acting administrator only since January.

Johnson’s moves came the same day of an embarrassing report about the agency’s handling of security at the nation’s airports.

---

lol @ reassigned. fire the mofo. smh.

CosmicCowboy
06-02-2015, 07:21 AM
They did some weird wipedown to mine and a couple of patdowns.

Yeah, they did the weird wipe down on me too. I assume for explosive residue. i asked what it was and the fat fuck acted like it was super top secret.

baseline bum
06-02-2015, 07:36 AM
SOunds like something that shouldn't be reported. Would likely take a bit of time to fix this and terrorists now know about it.

A similar report came out a couple of years ago. They already knew our airport security is shit.

boutons_deux
06-02-2015, 08:23 AM
A similar report came out a couple of years ago. They already knew our airport security is shit.

but NSA/FBI/CIA has stopped all the airplane terrorists with the Patriot Act.

unleashbaynes
06-02-2015, 08:58 AM
I'MA NEED TO CHECK YA ASSHOLE

Clipper Nation
06-02-2015, 09:02 AM
I'MA NEED TO CHECK YA ASSHOLE
Dale's a TSA agent?

pgardn
06-02-2015, 09:31 AM
I think we get what we pay for.
These are not super sleuths checking us.

The protocol needs constant updating and I don't think many of the people hired actually understand their roles. They go through the motions or get bossy and frustrated. This job really requires patience, diligence, and a 'take nothing personal' attitude as travelers can be a very anxious bunch of people. Concentration over long periods of time and dealing with angry groups is not the forte of the current employees.

The interviews done upon changing countries can be very good though. Gatwick in Engand had some really patient but tough interviewers. I enjoy those.

boutons_deux
06-06-2015, 11:42 AM
http://www.truthdig.com/images/made/images/cartoonuploads/[email protected]

boutons_deux
06-06-2015, 11:50 AM

boutons_deux
06-06-2015, 01:32 PM