PDA

View Full Version : Best Fried Chicken

mrsmaalox
06-02-2015, 01:33 PM
I rarely get the urge for fried chicken but I want some today. I'm heading out to run some errands and want to pick some up on my way home for dinner. Last time I had Bill Miller's (about 5 years ago) it was nice and crunchy, great texture but the crust just tasted like flour and salt. Don't even mention Popeye's----my kid brings that home sometimes and just the smell grosses me out. So where to go?

Dirk Oneanddoneski
06-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Are there any Babes chickens down there?

cantthinkofanything
06-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Popeye's is pretty good. Do you have those?

Thread
06-02-2015, 02:24 PM

Yep, that first bite when that fat hits your buds,,,your eyes roll back in your head,,,it's damn close to orgiastic.

Here's an alternative:::Get a Romertopff,,,it's a clay cooker. You put the fresh chicken in there on top of your cut potatoes. Cover the entire set with butter, salt & pepper, set the lid on it and bake for about 45 minutes.

I'm telling you it will absolutely blow your fuckin' shorts off.

cantthinkofanything
06-02-2015, 02:33 PM
Yep, that first bite when that fat hits your buds,,,your eyes roll back in your head,,,it's damn close to orgiastic.

Here's an alternative:::Get a Romertopff,,,it's a clay cooker. You put the fresh chicken in there on top of your cut potatoes. Cover the entire set with butter, salt & pepper, set the lid on it and bake for about 45 minutes.

I'm telling you it will absolutely blow your fuckin' shorts off.

How can they fry the chicken in a clay cooker?

Sportcamper
06-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Pittypat’s Porch Restaurant in Atlanta…Some of the best fried chicken I have ever had and great Mint Juleps…Waitress was uber friendly & asked if we were Yankees? To the delight of the patrons I answered “No we are from California, we are nothing”…

DJR210
06-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Inb4 ST blacks

DarrinS
06-02-2015, 02:47 PM
I rarely get the urge for fried chicken but I want some today. I'm heading out to run some errands and want to pick some up on my way home for dinner. Last time I had Bill Miller's (about 5 years ago) it was nice and crunchy, great texture but the crust just tasted like flour and salt. Don't even mention Popeye's----my kid brings that home sometimes and just the smell grosses me out. So where to go?

Imagine that

Thread
06-02-2015, 03:00 PM
How can they fry the chicken in a clay cooker?

I do, here at the house. It's not fried in this Romertopf cooker. It's baked at a high degree 450 for 45 minutes.

The result:::

https://boisefoodieguild.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/25jan2013_1a_focaccia-romantov-chicken_chicken-in-pot.jpg?w=300&h=200

I'm doing one tonite. When you lift that lid and see that,,,again, your eyes roll back in your head and you loiter orgasm.

DMC
06-02-2015, 03:58 PM
http://4gspot.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/1273212602563.gif

baseline bum
06-02-2015, 04:09 PM

I'm a big Bill Millers fan for their chicken. Bush's chicken is better though, but they're only on the NE side. The national chains like Popeyes, KFC, and Church's have really gone to hell.

Koolaid_Man
06-02-2015, 04:29 PM

Hey my Sweet Immobelle.....I hear they offer senior citizen discounts at Luby''s...

If you're willing to teach me MILFish things...i will buy the fried chicken for you my sweet immobelle...:married:

IronMexican
06-02-2015, 04:36 PM
redzero's grandma

The Gemini Method
06-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Out chea in SoCal, you can get a great bird at Jim Dandy's, Flossie's, or Honey Kettle, yo.

Pauly D
06-02-2015, 04:48 PM
This is where everyone pretends they don't like Church's or KFC. Gtfo, no one cares about the local shithole in your area

Buddy Mignon
06-02-2015, 05:08 PM
Its a crying shame that I have to tell you to support our homo hating heroes over at Chick-fil-A, but since you're too lazy and you don't support our worthy cause... just drive your lazy ass over to Carl's Jr, and get ya self some of those freshly hand breaded chicken strips... those criss cut fries always sit well with me as well.

DJR210
06-02-2015, 05:24 PM

Tender Tuesdays at Bush's tbh.. never had anything other than the tenders, and they're pretty damn good. The tea might as well be syrup though, so water it down at home.

Bush's chicken is better though, but they're only on the NE side.

Wrong.. 2 within a mile or so, and I'm in Medical Center.

Pauly D
06-02-2015, 05:39 PM
This is where everyone pretends they don't like Church's or KFC. Gtfo, no one cares about the local shithole in your area

and I'm talking about boned. With tenders and all that the equivalent would be like Golden Chick or Chicken Express

Infinite_limit
06-02-2015, 05:43 PM
That one with the coupons

baseline bum
06-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Tender Tuesdays at Bush's tbh.. never had anything other than the tenders, and they're pretty damn good. The tea might as well be syrup though, so water it down at home.

The regular chicken is way better than the tenders. Shit, I didn't know they had them on the NW side, nice.

Koolaid_Man
06-02-2015, 05:58 PM
Maalox let me cook up some fried chicken 4 ya..i got you babe..

Thread
06-02-2015, 06:21 PM

Church's is shit, PD. It's always cold. They have the okra there, and that is all they've got. Sadly, it too is always cold, though I buy it anyway.

KFC have disgraced themselves. It's a shame what has befallen this eatery. The chicken is gross. It doesn't look right sitting on the plate, it looks deformed. They have the Little Bucket Strawberry Shortcake Desert, but, it's never in, or, if in, it takes two days to thaw out.

Thread
06-02-2015, 06:22 PM
Maalox let me cook up some fried chicken 4 ya..i got you babe..

Perhaps she'll prepare you a nice box lunch, Kool.

Koolaid_Man
06-02-2015, 06:24 PM
Perhaps she'll prepare you a nice box lunch, Kool.

I wonder what goodies she would put in there for me..:lol

baseline bum
06-02-2015, 06:33 PM

I used to love the original recipe, it's still the best seasoning. It used to just shit all over Bill Millers, but the quality of the meat has gone way downhill the last 10-15 years.

baseline bum
06-02-2015, 06:35 PM
Its a crying shame that I have to tell you to support our homo hating heroes over at Chick-fil-A, but since you're too lazy and you don't support our worthy cause... just drive your lazy ass over to Carl's Jr, and get ya self some of those freshly hand breaded chicken strips... those criss cut fries always sit well with me as well.

Damn I wish Chick Fil A would do regular fried chicken. That recipe they use in their regular chicken sandwich is fucking killer.

baseline bum
06-02-2015, 06:36 PM
Church's is shit, PD. It's always cold. They have the okra there, and that is all they've got. Sadly, it too is always cold, though I buy it anyway.

It seems like they never change their oil either. Damn the fried okra and the honey butter biscuits though back when Churchs' was great. :cry

Twisted_Dawg
06-02-2015, 07:05 PM
I'm a big Bill Millers fan for their chicken. Bush's chicken is better though, but they're only on the NE side. The national chains like Popeyes, KFC, and Church's have really gone to hell.

And one out Bandera Rd as well. I went to Bush's once and it was just okay, nothing special The counter help there makes you try to think you've died and gone to heaven by coming in their store.

Hey my Sweet Immobelle.....I hear they offer senior citizen discounts at Luby''s...
If you're willing to teach me MILFish things...i will buy the fried chicken for you my sweet immobelle...:married:

So disrespectful to one of the grand madames of SpursTalk

http://www.mysanantonio.com/slideshows/food/slideshow/10-restaurants-with-great-fried-chicken-7680.php

CosmicCowboy
06-02-2015, 07:20 PM
I only buy the chicken tenders from bill millers. Their BBQ is shit but they do good on chicken. They use the original churches batter recipe with decent meat.

Pauly D
06-02-2015, 07:44 PM

KFC have disgraced themselves. It's a shame what has befallen this eatery. The chicken is gross. It doesn't look right sitting on the plate, it looks deformed. They have the Little Bucket Strawberry Shortcake Desert, but, it's never in, or, if in, it takes two days to thaw out.

If I had to guess I'd say I eat there on average about once every 3 months and I've literally never gotten cold food there. Hmm

Thread
06-02-2015, 08:27 PM
It seems like they never change their oil either. Damn the fried okra and the honey butter biscuits though back when Churchs' was great. :cry

Just blew your shorts off.

lefty
06-02-2015, 08:27 PM
lol fat fucks

baseline bum
06-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Just blew your shorts off.

Indeed old man, at least Popeye's still has awesome red beans & rice even if their chicken has become crap.

baseline bum
06-02-2015, 08:41 PM
lol fat fucks

That's why you gotta bang bitches within two years of the quincinera in San Antonio tbh. After that it's 200 lbs and rising.

DJR210
06-02-2015, 08:48 PM
What did you go with mrsmaalox?

Thread
06-02-2015, 08:56 PM
Indeed old man, at least Popeye's still has awesome red beans & rice even if their chicken has become crap.

Yes, that is a fine standby there. And their Catfish dinner is fine as well. There is a lot of pissin' & moanin' - pans gettin' thrown about when you order it, but, if one can get up the gumption it's delicious.

Twisted_Dawg
06-03-2015, 06:28 AM
:lol
That's why you gotta bang bitches within two years of the quincinera in San Antonio tbh. After that it's 200 lbs and rising.

Das Texan
06-03-2015, 07:06 AM
Bush's is pretty good out of the options that are San Antonio these days.

Xevious
06-03-2015, 08:16 AM
Golden Chick and Chicken Express are pretty good.

jeebus
06-03-2015, 08:33 AM
I used to love the original recipe, it's still the best seasoning. It used to just shit all over Bill Millers, but the quality of the meat has gone way downhill the last 10-15 years.

It's as if they use meat from the dead roosters at cock fights and road kill instead of from juicy chickens at the farms.

Bush's is ok, don't see the hub bub over it.
Raising Cane's is pricey as fuck for such small tenders and not really worth it.
Popeye's is fucking delicious.
Church's is hit or miss.
Bill Miller's chicken has been known to sterilize women, which would be good cuz that means the condom can finally come off between me and OP.

boutons_deux
06-03-2015, 09:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9wHzt6gBgI

Blake
06-03-2015, 09:07 AM
Popeye spicy chicken with red beans and rice.

mrsmaalox
06-03-2015, 09:49 AM

Nice. Take your grandma, you can afford to pick up the tab for her for a change.

mrsmaalox
06-03-2015, 09:52 AM

Insecurity is a cause? :lol

baseline bum
06-03-2015, 10:28 AM
Fucking shit boutons, give it a rest man. When you go out on a date do you start lecturing about how every item on the menu was slaughtered so inhumanely and then start talking about conditions in the slaughterhouse? Then it's talk about the United Corporations of America and Vast Right Wing Conspiracy? How many times have you pissed your date off so bad he just got up and walked out in the middle of the meal?

jeebus
06-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Fucking shit boutons, give it a rest man. When you go out on a date do you start lecturing about how every item on the menu was slaughtered so inhumanely and then start talking about conditions in the slaughterhouse? Then it's talk about the United Corporations of America and Vast Right Wing Conspiracy? How many times have you pissed your date off so bad he just got up and walked out in the middle of the meal?

tbh, people like that are so easy to rile up in person

gameFACE
06-03-2015, 11:01 AM
I heard Chatman's and Mr & Mrs. G's on the far east side are good but I've never been. I usually just get Bill Millers chicken tenders. They're average.

CosmicCowboy
06-03-2015, 11:28 AM

Boutons?

Date?

:lmao

Dude never leaves his mommas singlewide.

Koolaid_Man
06-03-2015, 12:10 PM
Nice. Take your grandma, you can afford to pick up the tab for her for a change.

WTF Maalox.. talking about my greasy granny.. I don't believe you.....but whatever nothing you say will turn me against you....I may be black Maalox but I'm a good provider...I can cut that chicken up in 100 different ways...I can take care of you and the boys Maalox....:toast

Aztecfan03
06-03-2015, 12:11 PM

And whoever thought out their latest ad campaign with that terrible impersonation of colonel sanders needs to be fired.

Thread
06-03-2015, 12:26 PM
And whoever thought out their latest ad campaign with that terrible impersonation of colonel sanders needs to be fired.

Yes! And the way they exploit their "finger lickin' good" boilerplate in this new ad push. It's cheap, vulgar & linked with this fake Colonel just sad.

mrsmaalox
06-03-2015, 01:04 PM
So disrespectful to one of the grand madames of SpursTalk

http://31.media.tumblr.com/a74fe36172c31d115a471ecdc8ab3b04/tumblr_nigb2cTYGZ1re3x32o1_250.gif

mrsmaalox
06-03-2015, 01:34 PM
What did you go with mrsmaalox?

Well most of the places mentioned were out of the question because I'm not interested in chicken strips, tenders, fingers, nuggets etc as I really only like chicken cooked with bones. And since I fully trust anything baseline bum recommends foodwise, I went with Bill Miller's. It was okay, pretty much exactly as it was last time I had it there. I had to wait 10 min for the chicken to finish cooking so I got it really hot and fresh. The meat was real juicy, I should have let it sit longer. The crust was perfect texture, golden and crunchy. But again it was pretty bland tasting crust; I guess some people like just flour and salt but even the most simple recipes include a little pepper! The weirdest part was the size of the chicken pieces. I wanted to nibble a wing first, and it was the biggest one I've ever seen. I couldn't believe it when I was struggling to finish it so I checked the box for the other one and it was huge too---bigger than the breast! And the breasts and thighs were equal size. Must be some weird looking chickens! So that all kind of grossed me out, I probably won't have another fried chicken craving for a while ;)

baseline bum
06-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Well most of the places mentioned were out of the question because I'm not interested in chicken strips, tenders, fingers, nuggets etc as I really only like chicken cooked with bones. And since I fully trust anything baseline bum recommends foodwise, I went with Bill Miller's. It was okay, pretty much exactly as it was last time I had it there. I had to wait 10 min for the chicken to finish cooking so I got it really hot and fresh. The meat was real juicy, I should have let it sit longer. The crust was perfect texture, golden and crunchy. But again it was pretty bland tasting crust; I guess some people like just flour and salt but even the most simple recipes include a little pepper! The weirdest part was the size of the chicken pieces. I wanted to nibble a wing first, and it was the biggest one I've ever seen. I couldn't believe it when I was struggling to finish it so I checked the box for the other one and it was huge too---bigger than the breast! And the breasts and thighs were equal size. Must be some weird looking chickens! So that all kind of grossed me out, I probably won't have another fried chicken craving for a while ;)

Did you ever get around to trying Pollos Asados Los Nortenos? I went there one time on a Tuesday for lunch since I saw they're open every day but Monday, and the fucking place was closed. Haven't really been out on the southside since so haven't checked it. Is it worth it?

Buddy Mignon
06-03-2015, 01:49 PM

Its like an Adam Sandler take at joking on the Col.

Buddy Mignon
06-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Well most of the places mentioned were out of the question because I'm not interested in chicken strips, tenders, fingers, nuggets etc as I really only like chicken cooked with bones. And since I fully trust anything baseline bum (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=131) recommends foodwise, I went with Bill Miller's. It was okay, pretty much exactly as it was last time I had it there. I had to wait 10 min for the chicken to finish cooking so I got it really hot and fresh. The meat was real juicy, I should have let it sit longer. The crust was perfect texture, golden and crunchy. But again it was pretty bland tasting crust; I guess some people like just flour and salt but even the most simple recipes include a little pepper! The weirdest part was the size of the chicken pieces. I wanted to nibble a wing first, and it was the biggest one I've ever seen. I couldn't believe it when I was struggling to finish it so I checked the box for the other one and it was huge too---bigger than the breast! And the breasts and thighs were equal size. Must be some weird looking chickens! So that all kind of grossed me out, I probably won't have another fried chicken craving for a while ;)

You should have taken my advice on those strips. In all honesty... Golden Bird in LA is the best bird I've ever tasted. Nothing even comes close. I think you can buy their batter online.

http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/uyFpyVvtrtizDtxjcUcSkg/180s.jpg

baseline bum
06-03-2015, 03:10 PM
You should have taken my advice on those strips. In all honesty... Golden Bird in LA is the best bird I've ever tasted. Nothing even comes close. I think you can buy their batter online.

http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/uyFpyVvtrtizDtxjcUcSkg/180s.jpg

Damn, it's on Western and Eight Tray? I'll make sure to never wear anything red if I check it.

DJR210
06-03-2015, 04:24 PM
I heard Chatman's

I heard this too, but I'm not trying to go to Dub Dub anymore than absolutely necessary.

spurraider21
06-03-2015, 04:41 PM
http://4gspot.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/1273212602563.gif
oh look, unoriginal poster regurgitating the same shitty memes

oh wait, its ur job to complain about that. i'll leave you to it

Buddy Mignon
06-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Damn, it's on Western and Eight Tray? I'll make sure to never wear anything red if I check it.

Yup... there used to be one off of Long Beach and Alondra in Compton when I was kid, but they changed the name to Honey Kettle and kept the recipe. Try the chicken and the strips and let me know what you think. The biscuits with honey is a must! Don't remember about Golden Bird, but Honey Kettle makes fresh, real lemonade... and sweet.

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2015, 05:33 PM
, and it was the biggest one I've ever seen. I couldn't believe it when I was struggling to finish it so I checked the box for the other one and it was huge too---bigger than the breast! And the breasts and thighs were equal size. ;)

LOL. Romance novel material.

purist
06-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Earl Abel's on Austin highway

Drachen
06-03-2015, 10:34 PM

I'm sorry but popeyes and churches are both shit. Different kinds of shit, but shit nonetheless

Ditty
06-04-2015, 01:23 AM
Chatman's lemon pepper chicken is the best chicken in SA imo...

Get the corn fritters also, they're amazing. Only thing it's far from where I live so if I have something to do in the south town area I will head over there.

In the ghetto area though, but the brothers and sisters working there are very friendly.

It used to be an old long john silver's.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-04-2015, 03:07 PM
Finally! A meaningful subject here at Spurstalk!

Now...you have to travel to New Mexico for it, but the best fried chicken I know of is:

http://goldenprideabq.com/images/logo.gif

baseline bum
06-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Chatman's lemon pepper chicken is the best chicken in SA imo...

Get the corn fritters also, they're amazing. Only thing it's far from where I live so if I have something to do in the south town area I will head over there.

In the ghetto area though, but the brothers and sisters working there are very friendly.

It used to be an old long john silver's.

It's not like it's in the middle of Wheatley Courts :lol

The WW White area is fine. I went there once and wasn't impressed, but lemon pepper sounds worth trying next time I'm in the area and want fried chicken.

Fat boy
06-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Tip Top Cafe.

Agloco
06-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Bush's chicken is better though, but they're only on the NE side.

Nah, Bushs has a location on Culebra and 1604.

Agloco
06-04-2015, 06:32 PM
Didn't see anyone mention Canes. How are they?

DJR210
06-04-2015, 06:43 PM

They're meh.. freezer strips.. and what kind of a chicken joint doesn't even offer ranch? Fuck their stupid ass dipping sauce.

baseline bum
06-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Tip Top Cafe.

Damn, I forgot about them. Yeah, their fried chicken is pretty awesome.

SnakeBoy
06-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Earl Abel's on Austin highway

I went to Earl Abels about two months ago. It has turned into a filthy shithole.

ididnotnothat
06-04-2015, 10:05 PM
KFC...

Mr Hanky
06-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Tip Top Cafe.

Their fried chicken is the shit.

JackLalanne
06-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Baked chicken is the way to go.

IronMexican
06-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Out chea in SoCal, you can get a great bird at Jim Dandy's, Flossie's, or Honey Kettle, yo.

There's a Jim Dandy down the street from my house :tu not sure how many there are, since I've only seen two.

Them apple fritters, man.

IronMexican
06-05-2015, 02:03 PM

You live in LA Bruh? There's another golden bird in Gardena on Western

DMC
06-06-2015, 12:00 PM
lol fat fucks
Where's your favorite location to scrounge for bugs and remnants of CARE packets?

ohmwrecker
06-06-2015, 02:28 PM
None of the big chains are good. KFC, Popeyes, Churches are all garbage. Here in Austin, the best fried chicken is Mrs.P's and Gus's. Lucy's is a distant 3rd.

m>s
06-06-2015, 04:32 PM
This thread should be named "the random thoughts or lack thereof a middle aged be@ner woman"

what a boring ass thread. When I want some chicken I go get it not blog about it online

mrsmaalox
06-06-2015, 06:12 PM
This thread should be named "the random thoughts or lack thereof a middle aged be@ner woman"

what a boring ass thread. When I want some chicken I go get it not blog about it online

Aww I hurt your widdle feewings! :lol

m>s
06-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Yeah I just find you boring and degenerate

RD2191
06-06-2015, 06:45 PM
the best part was where she was "grossed out" by the chicken. you telling me she ain't ever sucked a dick before? :lmao

m>s
06-06-2015, 06:52 PM
the best part was where she was "grossed out" by the chicken. you telling me she ain't ever sucked a dick before? :lmao
well apparently she was saying earlier how she checks out and makes note of the packages of corpses at the hospital didn't sound very professional to me

mrsmaalox
06-07-2015, 09:46 AM

I just find you stupid and shallow, so I guess we're even :makeout :lol

mrsmaalox
06-07-2015, 09:50 AM

:lmao Rob thinks dicks taste like chicken!!!! You must just suck those real young tender cocks Rob :lol The ones I've done have nothing at all similar to chicken :lol

mrsmaalox
06-07-2015, 09:55 AM
well apparently she was saying earlier how she checks out and makes note of the packages of corpses at the hospital didn't sound very professional to me

But you know what'll REALLY burn you up about it? That "checking out" the ENTIRE corpse is part of my job and that I get paid $52/hr to do it! :lol

ElMuerto
06-07-2015, 10:09 AM
But you know what'll REALLY burn you up about it? That "checking out" the ENTIRE corpse is part of my job and that I get paid $52/hr to do it! :lol

Checking out stiffs. :tu

Bonnie Bunion
06-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Mama's cafe has some good fried chicken. At least they did last I dined there.

m>s
06-07-2015, 11:49 AM
Yeah but giving detailed accounts about stuff that should be kept at work is just gross and degenerate and morbid

Avante
06-08-2015, 02:12 AM
You freaks can't even talk chicken without being assholes, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~

Avante
06-08-2015, 02:12 AM
Yeah but giving detailed accounts about stuff that should be kept at work is just gross and degenerate and morbid

Is there anything you don't wahwahwah about, ya freak?

m>s
06-08-2015, 02:17 AM
Ehh suck a cock 2/10 got me to respond

Avante
06-08-2015, 02:19 AM
Ehh suck a cock 2/10 got me to respond

Shut the fuck up, got it?

m>s
06-08-2015, 07:53 AM
0/10

Spur|n|Austin
06-08-2015, 10:12 PM
Have yet to find better fried chicken then at Gus's in Austin

https://irs1.4sqi.net/img/general/600x600/5440199_UeW4aGEzVJg_tWzwcVeiqfl4qw_BS0iuBwpgTCImfJ 8.jpg

Spurminator
06-09-2015, 10:33 AM

It's great if you just want chicken fingers. Get extra sauce.

RD2191
06-09-2015, 10:46 AM
:lmao Rob thinks dicks taste like chicken!!!! You must just suck those real young tender cocks Rob :lol The ones I've done have nothing at all similar to chicken :lol
http://media.giphy.com/media/wOXQvz3FwajVm/giphy.gif

batman2883
06-11-2015, 09:57 AM
willie maes in new orleans, best fried chicken ever made!

Stingerer
06-19-2015, 11:41 AM
>2015
>still eating the fried Jew

Ignignokt
06-19-2015, 12:15 PM
lol mscorpsecox

m>s
06-19-2015, 12:57 PM
>2015
>still eating the fried Jew
LOL sul is that you? Playing tricks on my mind I keep seeing you everywhere around here

Infinite_limit
06-19-2015, 01:15 PM
Walked into Popeyes yesterday [San Diego] 70+ degree weather

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/20150618_132627_zpso8vzsfio.jpg

bus driver
02-01-2016, 09:42 PM
i would go with popeyes. i asked my residential chicken expert (my black friend) and he said popeyes was the best. at least for fast food versions.
halcyons in southtown as some good fried chicken n waffles. although it has no bone in it. at least when i have gotten it.

SpursforSix
02-01-2016, 09:44 PM
i would go with popeyes. i asked my residential chicken expert (my black friend) and he said popeyes was the best. at least for fast food versions.
halcyons in southtown as some good fried chicken n waffles. although it has no bone in it. at least when i have gotten it.
Popeyes aren't vey consistent imo from store to store. The one near me sucks. But I used to live near one that was awesome.

bus driver
02-01-2016, 09:56 PM
Popeyes aren't vey consistent imo from store to store. The one near me sucks. But I used to live near one that was awesome.

true, i go to the popeyes on wurzbach and i10. its edible.
went to stellas right next door a few sundays ago and it was good. the beer was kind of stong but good pizzas. its a good area as long as you dont go near 90. haha

ChumpDumper
02-10-2016, 08:33 PM
lol

SpursforSix
02-10-2016, 08:40 PM
lol

This is a different thread. One is about the best fried chicken. The other is favorite place for fried chicken. Which brings in the ambiance and service of the restaurant into play.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2016, 08:44 PM
This is a different thread. One is about the best fried chicken. The other is favorite place for fried chicken. Which brings in the ambiance and service of the restaurant into play.Nah. Nice try tho.

SpursforSix
02-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Nah. Nice try tho.

Like if the best fried chicken was at some dive that was in the bad part of town and the servers were rude. I would probably rather go eat chicken at a place that served some drinks and hot waitresses.

TheCultOfPersonality
02-14-2016, 10:39 PM
I usually buy chicken from my local grocery store and cook it myself. It's been a while since I brought chicken.