PDA

View Full Version : The disrespect........

jon123spurs
06-03-2015, 05:10 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2484161-lebron-james-has-never-faced-stronger-nba-finals-foe-than-golden-state-warriors?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national?is_shared=true

I mean I knows it's Bleacher Report but I mean come on! To say this GS team is far tougher than last year's Spurs is ridiculous. Last year's team will go down as one if the greatest teams of all time.

Phenomanul
06-03-2015, 05:29 PM
Again, as I mentioned in another thread (on ELO rating) these type of statistical team rankings don't factor the Popovich dynamic (i.e. he sacrifices wins --> for the greater develomental good of the squad, he doesn't tend to run-up scores in favor of more rest for his starters, and more development for end-of-bench guys, etc... ). In short, many Spurs teams could be ranked higher if not for his approach --> but that doesn't make those teams any less great. For example, the way the Spurs played in the Finals last year was a thing of beauty - basketball perfection; had they sustained that type of play year-round the Spurs would have had over 70 wins with an average margin of victory above 10 ppg. Not only was that type of play unsustainable, but the expectation that it should be sustainable is just not logical - given the make up of the team. Still, that team was GREAT. Statistically the greatest margin of victory on a per game basis on the greatest stage. That's why averaging over the regular season to gauge the strength of the team vs that team is about as subjective as it gets.

Even this year's Spurs spanked that Warriors behind TWICE... in highly convincing fashion.

cjw
06-03-2015, 07:18 PM
Again, as I mentioned in another thread (on ELO rating) these type of statistical team rankings don't factor the Popovich dynamic (i.e. he sacrifices wins --> for the greater develomental good of the squad, he doesn't tend to run-up scores in favor of more rest for his starters, and more development for end-of-bench guys, etc... ). In short, many Spurs teams could be ranked higher if not for his approach --> but that doesn't make those teams any less great. For example, the way the Spurs played in the Finals last year was a thing of beauty - basketball perfection; had they sustained that type of play year-round the Spurs would have had over 70 wins with an average margin of victory above 10 ppg. Not only was that type of play unsustainable, but the expectation that it should be sustainable is just not logical - given the make up of the team. Still, that team was GREAT. Statistically the greatest margin of victory on a per game basis on the greatest stage. That's why averaging over the regular season to gauge the strength of the team vs that team is about as subjective as it gets.

Even this year's Spurs spanked that Warriors behind TWICE... in highly convincing fashion.

And the only loss to the W's was when the Spurs were in a funk post-ASB on the second night of a B2B.

Cannot wait until the league extends the season by a week or so by cutting some preseason games, and effectively eliminating half of a team's B2Bs.

Russ
06-03-2015, 07:35 PM
Golden State won 67 games this year. No Spur team that LeBron faced ever won that many.

Calm down.

RD2191
06-03-2015, 07:51 PM
GS is trash. One of the easiest roads to a finals in recent memory. Kawhi and Green will show the media what is up when they handle klay and curry next season.

SpursFan86
06-03-2015, 09:13 PM
http://bkref.com/tiny/YbaYd

Sean Cagney
06-03-2015, 11:03 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2484161-lebron-james-has-never-faced-stronger-nba-finals-foe-than-golden-state-warriors?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national?is_shared=true

I mean I knows it's Bleacher Report but I mean come on! To say this GS team is far tougher than last year's Spurs is ridiculous. Last year's team will go down as one if the greatest teams of all time.LOL far tougher, consider the source man. Their road has been a lot easier as well, look at the teams they have gone through. The Cavs this year are not Heat either, far from it IMO.

Bleacher Report is some shit anyways, don't read a thing those clowns say.

This quote was true though I must say.

But in 2014, the Spurs got their revenge, playing some of the most flawless basketball you can ever hope to witness.

Buddy Mignon
06-04-2015, 12:30 AM

I mean I knows it's Bleacher Report but I mean come on! To say this GS team is far tougher than last year's Spurs is ridiculous. Last year's team will go down as one if the greatest teams of all time.

Last years team was a fluke and no will remember them.

Sean Cagney
06-04-2015, 12:52 AM

Yeah sure, the largest win margin by 15+ points in playoff history is a fluke and nobody will remember them.... The record is at the top in margin of victory but that will be forgotten. Fluke there I tell you, lucky to win it.

Cloud786
06-04-2015, 02:06 AM
Tbh the spurs probably had an easier road to the finals in 2013 than this year's Warriors. A d-league laker team, an inexperienced warriors team, and an offense-less grizzlies team.

tmtcsc
06-04-2015, 08:42 AM

Lol, right. The only fluke thing about last year's Spurs is that they should have been celebrating a back-to-back bitch slapping of the Heat. GTFOH and stop pretending to be a Spurs fan, Joker.

SpursFan86
06-04-2015, 08:52 AM
If you want to talk about a joke playoff run, look at Magic's competition in 1987:

1st round: 37-45 Nuggets
2nd round: 42-40 Warriors
3rd round: 39-43 Sonics

kobyz
06-04-2015, 09:23 AM
That what losing in the first round do, it's take away from the respect of 5...

Budkin
06-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Lol, right. The only fluke thing about last year's Spurs is that they should have been celebrating a back-to-back bitch slapping of the Heat. GTFOH and stop pretending to be a Spurs fan, Joker.

That's narutoluva fyi

Horse
06-04-2015, 12:26 PM
Golden State won 67 games this year. No Spur team that LeBron faced ever won that many.

Calm down.

Big fucking deal reg season atleast let these fucks win something before crowning them.

Horse
06-04-2015, 12:28 PM

Oh look buddy dicksucker does this guy have anything else to do than suck Spur dick? He's got to be on here more than 90% of actual Spurs fans.

gnsf0946
06-04-2015, 01:39 PM
That what losing in the first round do, it's take away from the respect of 5...

Pretty much this.

Whether we like it or not, a repeat is a big deal to the media. We brought back the whole "legendary" 2014 Spurs roster only to lose in 1st round to a team that lost in 2nd round. For your average Joe that's a big stain on 2014 Spurs resume.

$pursDynasty
06-04-2015, 03:55 PM
GS is trash. One of the easiest roads to a finals in recent memory. Kawhi and Green will show the media what is up when they handle klay and curry next season.
Actully Rob the Cavs this year may edge them for easiest path to the Final every matchup except the Spurs Clips has been disasterous, well unless you enjoy watching the Clips collapse to the Rox.

$pursDynasty
06-04-2015, 03:57 PM
It's a latest is the greatest thing, happens every year, two years back the Heat were the best modern dynasty since the Bulls, then after last year, the Heat were a fraud the Spurs are the beautiful game and uncrowned king from the year previous, now it is, the Spurs? Meh the W's would wax em, next year...???

davidbowie
06-04-2015, 04:17 PM
face it, the spurs suck

weebo
06-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Had the Spurs gotten past the clips, they've would have destroyed both this teams...no doubt.

sexinthatsx
06-04-2015, 04:59 PM

Grumpy cat is grumpy today. The hate is strong.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/grumpy-cat-movie.png

Agloco
06-04-2015, 05:07 PM

You'd know a thing or two about teams not being remembered.

tmtcsc
06-04-2015, 05:36 PM
This is no magnificent match-up. I expect Golden State to roll the Cavs with ease. Neither one of these teams is great. Had Porker and Splitter been healthy, Spurs would have taken the title easily. But that's the way it goes and GS deserves to win it all. They were the best team from start to finish.

Kudos to the Cavs for making it this far but lets be serious, the EAST sucks out loud. The Cavs would have lost to just about everyone in the West except for Dallas. Dallas was worse and dysfunctional.

cjw
06-04-2015, 07:21 PM
This is no magnificent match-up. I expect Golden State to roll the Cavs with ease. Neither one of these teams is great. Had Porker and Splitter been healthy, Spurs would have taken the title easily. But that's the way it goes and GS deserves to win it all. They were the best team from start to finish.

Kudos to the Cavs for making it this far but lets be serious, the EAST sucks out loud. The Cavs would have lost to just about everyone in the West except for Dallas. Dallas was worse and dysfunctional.

Tough to win a series when the two guys going head to head with All NBA players are a shell of themselves. Had they drawn Dallas or even Houston in round 1, it would have been a much different outcome and Splitter may have righted himself for round 2.

The Clippers were the second or third best team in the league throughout the season (along with the Spurs) and somebody had to lose. Unlike Dallas losing in 2007 or other round 1 collapses of defending champs, it was a brutal matchup and not a choke job.

tmtcsc
06-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Tough to win a series when the two guys going head to head with All NBA players are a shell of themselves. Had they drawn Dallas or even Houston in round 1, it would have been a much different outcome and Splitter may have righted himself for round 2.

The Clippers were the second or third best team in the league throughout the season (along with the Spurs) and somebody had to lose. Unlike Dallas losing in 2007 or other round 1 collapses of defending champs, it was a brutal matchup and not a choke job.

Agreed. I was more upset at Pop's hack-a-Jordan than I was at the overall play of the team. He screwed the pooch in game 6 with that ridiculousness. Wasn't needed and seemed to mess with the team's flow. I think its fine as a tool but not the way Pop was using it. Of course, he's a hall of fame coach, but what do I know? I also would have played CoJo more after Paul hurt his leg in Game 7. They let Paul do what he wanted on Offense. Just bad.

Budkin
06-04-2015, 09:02 PM
Agreed. I was more upset at Pop's hack-a-Jordan than I was at the overall play of the team. He screwed the pooch in game 6 with that ridiculousness. Wasn't needed and seemed to mess with the team's flow. I think its fine as a tool but not the way Pop was using it. Of course, he's a hall of fame coach, but what do I know? I also would have played CoJo more after Paul hurt his leg in Game 7. They let Paul do what he wanted on Offense. Just bad.

Pop really seemed like he was ready for a nice long vacation tbh.

spurs10
06-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Yeah sure, the largest win margin by 15+ points in playoff history is a fluke and nobody will remember them.... The record is at the top in margin of victory but that will be forgotten. Fluke there I tell you, lucky to win it. :lol Yeah the greatest margin of victory in the history of the NBA is a fluke! That's telling us!

Sean Cagney
06-04-2015, 09:59 PM
:lol Yeah the greatest margin of victory in the history of the NBA is a fluke! That's telling us!

That dude is just talking dumb shit, he is a hater.. Funny how when he picked his screen name he puts team Spurs, like it's hard to pick your own team and obviously that is the Lakers. Probably another posters alter account I would bet. Going to the WCF's three years in a row and 2 finals (Should have won both) is not a fluke, that's called a good run. I can see if the Spurs were not near the finals before that but they were within one win of winning just the year before. I fail to see how that is a so called fluke?

Kidd K
06-05-2015, 06:28 AM
Pretty much this.

Whether we like it or not, a repeat is a big deal to the media. We brought back the whole "legendary" 2014 Spurs roster only to lose in 1st round to a team that lost in 2nd round. For your average Joe that's a big stain on 2014 Spurs resume.

What happens in the 2015 season has nothing to do with the 2014 season. So what happens in 2015 doesn't mean shit unless it was found out someone used PEDs in 2014. Basketball played in 2015 means fuck all to 2014.

aal04
06-05-2015, 06:40 AM
Our loss to the Pelicans in the last game changed the finals completely.

I back us to take on GSW. They just matchup badly against us.

We have no one to blame for ourselves

Sean Cagney
06-10-2015, 03:26 AM
GSW are hardly even close to the best team he faced in the finals... 67 wins cool but a overrated jump shooti.g team with no finals experience.

Horse
06-10-2015, 12:28 PM
The guy who wrote this looks like a real jackass now