PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Kobe Bryant Commercial Named 'Youtube Ad Of The Decade'

Koolaid_Man
06-03-2015, 05:21 PM
:toast while duncan is losing money hand over foot..Kobe is making money hand over foot :lol

Turkish Airlines’ “Kobe vs. Messi: The Selfie Shootout” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhFqSlvbKAM) commercial from 2013 ran away with the public vote and has been named ad of the decade by YouTube, as part of its 10th anniversary celebrations. The runner-up was Volkswagen’s beloved 2011 Super Bowl spot “The Force,” with a mini Darth Vader bending a Passat to his will. …

The pleasantly goofy Turkish Airlines ad, starring Kobe Bryant (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/430/kobe-bryant) and Lionel Messi in an epic battle of selfies—a sequel to a similar spot from 2012—wasn’t as critically lauded as the others in the top five. (The other four spots all won major ad awards.) But with 140 million views to date, it far outpaced the others in terms of reach.

“‘Selfie Shoot-out’ had all the right ingredients for success on YouTube—an adventuresome client, two of the most globally well loved figures in sports, a great idea and a terrific platform to share our work,” said Andrew Keller, CEO of Crispin Porter + Bogusky, which made the spot.

I’m not sure most people choose which airline to fly based on a clever commercial. But with 140 million views, it’s easy to see why brands pay globally-recognizable athletes like Kobe Bryant and Lionel Messi large sums of money to appear in their spots.

jhFqSlvbKAM

Thread
06-03-2015, 05:50 PM
That one with the puppets and James is just dead on Kobe. I'm shocked he signed off on it.

daslicer
06-03-2015, 06:41 PM
TBH it seemed like a retarded commercial with no creativity. Derick Rose and Duncan's foot locker commercial was even better than this crap. Damian Lillard also had a foot locker commercial that was more entertaining than this.

RsxPiimp
06-03-2015, 06:43 PM
That one with the puppets and James is just dead on Kobe. I'm shocked he signed off on it.

That was good.

Fabbs
06-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Same voters that selected Kirby to the All Star team? :rolleyes

DMC
06-03-2015, 09:00 PM
TP6FVc4URSE

Splits
06-03-2015, 11:48 PM
3m2d7QAIX8Q

Thread
06-04-2015, 05:49 AM
^Bunny time, Splits.

BFBiGfB0K7I

AlexJones
06-04-2015, 05:53 AM
^Bunny time, Splits.

BFBiGfB0K7I

Wish someone had asked, "Was Amy on your mind, you know, when you released that basketball?"

Thread
06-04-2015, 05:56 AM
^Amen.

AlexJones
06-04-2015, 06:09 AM
^Amen.

Seriously if I were to direct a movie on this series, this specific scene would have flashbacks of Amy, the divorce, his kids, the Ray Ray 3 pointer, the Bosh rebound, the (rumored) BFF while that ball is in the air.. shit would mirror Ewing's missed layup in that 30 for 30 ESPN special.

Thread
06-04-2015, 06:20 AM
Seriously if I were to direct a movie on this series, this specific scene would have flashbacks of Amy, the divorce, his kids, the Ray Ray 3 pointer, the Bosh rebound, the (rumored) BFF while that ball is in the air.. shit would mirror Ewing's missed layup in that 30 for 30 ESPN special.

And it would be most fine, but, they won't rub Tim's face in his makings. Not even for consideration. He must remain immaculate at Media's insistence. He is their sacred cow. There is no $ to be made in making that movie, that 30 for 30. Tim's punishment is private, Media grants him that, enables the privacy and most importantly sustains it.

Ewing? Just a big old niqqer, no account.

ambchang
06-04-2015, 07:12 AM
It's obvious it was due to the popularity of Messi, as in the popularity of football.

Another Kobe coattailing moment.