PDA

View Full Version : you gotta be kidding me rotten tomatoes.......wtf 95%?

Blake
06-05-2015, 11:06 AM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spy_2015/

I refuse to believe this can be better than Mall Cop 2, let alone a critically acclaimed hit.

The Gemini Method
06-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Actually, Rotten Tomatoes is not the only one that touted this movie. I've been hearing its reasonably funny. I'll wait until it streams though. Mall Cop 2 was horrible though. Anyone seen the Entourage Douchebag pic?

mrsmaalox
06-05-2015, 11:31 AM

I refuse to believe this can be better than Mall Cop 2, let alone a critically acclaimed hit.

Have you actually seen it or are you just judging it because of Melissa McCarthy? I dont like her either but I'm not at all surprised that a movie with Jude Law, Jason Statham, Rose Byrne, Bobby Cannavale, Allison Janney etc would be rated so high, that's an impressive line up. I've read several favorable reviews so far.

Blake
06-05-2015, 11:34 AM
Actually, Rotten Tomatoes is not the only one that touted this movie. I've been hearing its reasonably funny. I'll wait until it streams though. Mall Cop 2 was horrible though. Anyone seen the Entourage Douchebag pic?

The 95% means 95% of the critics that have turned in reviews gave it a thumbs up

Blake
06-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Have you actually seen it or are you just judging it because of Melissa McCarthy? I dont like her either but I'm not at all surprised that a movie with Jude Law, Jason Statham, Rose Byrne, Bobby Cannavale, Allison Janney etc would be rated so high, that's an impressive line up. I've read several favorable reviews so far.

I'm definitely just judging it based on McCarthy being the main star, Jude Law or not.

mrsmaalox
06-05-2015, 11:40 AM
The 95% means 95% of the critics that have turned in reviews gave it a thumbs up

LOL So people who have actually seen it give it a thumbs up, but people like you who haven't seen it give it a thumbs down?

But I probably won't see it also because of MM. She's like Rosie O'Donnell to me---a little bit goes a looong way.

Blake
06-05-2015, 11:42 AM
LOL So people who have actually seen it give it a thumbs up, but people like you who haven't seen it give it a thumbs down?

I think they're all liars. All of them.

Blake
06-05-2015, 11:42 AM
And I'll probably end up watching it this weekend.

The Gemini Method
06-05-2015, 11:45 AM
The 95% means 95% of the critics that have turned in reviews gave it a thumbs up That's right. My mind isn't functioning at the moment. Still I only heard one review of it and that was off Grantland.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2015, 11:49 AM
I think they're all liars. All of them.

And I'll probably end up watching it this weekend.lol

Not a theater movie for me, but the cast looks good enough to watch at home later on.

DPG21920
06-05-2015, 11:51 AM
There are very few coms that are truly good & worth a theater view. This will be one for me with this cast. MM is a talented person and it seems like she just hit a homerun.

She was great in "The Heat" as well.

Aztecfan03
06-05-2015, 12:17 PM
can't stand her. pass.

SupremeGuy
06-05-2015, 01:26 PM

But I probably won't see it also because of MM. She's like Rosie O'Donnell to me---a little bit goes a looong way.This.

DJR210
06-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Melissa McCarthy was great in Identify Thief.. I just hope they don't play out the "hey look at me I'm fat" shtick and make her annoying.

Melissa McCarthy was also good in St. Vincent, that movie overall was pretty funny. Bill Murray was great as the old douchebag who hates life.

Pauly D
06-05-2015, 03:12 PM
It's just a crazy coincidence. Someone already explained it's not regular ratings. 95% just said "yes" instead of "no". I seriously doubt anyone actually has high praise for this movie. IMDB is a better indicator.

IronMexican
06-05-2015, 07:12 PM
I use metacritic.

Funny thread. I wondered the same thing when I heard it on the Radio this morning.

man on wire
06-05-2015, 10:29 PM
It was good.

pgardn
06-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Anyone seen the Entourage Douchebag pic?

First movie I have seen in a theater in over a year.
And im really glad I went.

Now I know how really awful a movie can be. I would be totally embarrassed to be seen at any point in that piece of shit. Can't believe Warren Buffet actually made an appearance, like he needs the money...
Seriously Fckn horrendous, stay away if you have any sense of self worth unless you need perspective of what depths pitiful can reach.

Total and complete suckage.

Malik Hairston
06-06-2015, 12:21 AM
And im really glad I went.

Now I know how really awful a movie can be. I would be totally embarrassed to be seen at any point in that piece of shit. Can't believe Warren Buffet actually made an appearance, like he needs the money...
Seriously Fckn horrendous, stay away if you have any sense of self worth unless you need perspective of what depths pitiful can reach.

Total and complete suckage.

:lol I watched Entourage the show while it was running, and I still wouldn't go see the movie..the show was bad, not sure why anybody expects better from the movie, tbh..

Concept is outdated, actors are poor, show ran it's course after season 4 or so IIRC..

Pauly D
06-06-2015, 01:37 AM

I stopped here. There's no excuse to not seeing Mad Max Fury Road by now. Be awoken

pgardn
06-06-2015, 09:30 PM
I stopped here. There's no excuse to not seeing Mad Max Fury Road by now. Be awoken

I liked the first one too much. Hell I loved Thunderdome.

Netflix creates a buttered popcorn glut at the theatre.

pgardn
06-06-2015, 09:39 PM
:lol I watched Entourage the show while it was running, and I still wouldn't go see the movie..the show was bad, not sure why anybody expects better from the movie, tbh..

Concept is outdated, actors are poor, show ran it's course after season 4 or so IIRC..

I was fishing in Rockport, we had a great day, my cousin says all these sports talk show hosts wanted too see it
So we go. After said debacle he slapped himself upside his big sidewall head and then burned himself alive. Immolation was the only way out. I then pulverized his ashes and fed 'him' to wood rats.

Oh concept...

What frrgn concept? It was a total all over the place mess.

unleashbaynes
06-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Yeah, Entourage was definitely not a good show. Was listening to some local guys on the radio and they were bashing it, and they had a great point that it relies heavily on cameos to stay afloat because the main characters are weak and the acting is poor. There is no solid character development within the show. Apparently Sex in the City was better :lol

mouse
06-09-2015, 09:51 PM

Mark this date I agree with Blake!