06-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Kerr played for both

lefty
06-05-2015, 08:39 PM
Kerr played for both

but Phil coached him 1st

Sean Cagney
06-05-2015, 09:05 PM
They were not under eachother as coaches though, wouldn't that mean coaching tree and not just being a player on the team? Coaching tree usually means coaches under people and not former players in which he played under both so that would make it a moot point as far as the thread goes.

BTW Lefty confused when you picked your team name in here? Couldn't pick your real team? 75K posts on a Spurs board?

lefty
06-05-2015, 09:07 PM
dont be mad :lol

Mikeanaro
06-05-2015, 09:10 PM
:hang

Sean Cagney
06-05-2015, 09:10 PM
dont be mad :lol

Im not mad, it makes no sense since that is not a coaching tree. How good have the coaches who were under Phil done? Not good so I don't have a reason to be mad really. It seems LA fans are mad this year and working overtime to try and down the Spurs though after 5, shows they have not been relevant in a while TBH.:bobo

exstatic
06-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Is GS running the Triangle, or the Pop motion offense?

Case closed.

lefty
06-05-2015, 09:14 PM

Case closed.

Neither, but Kerr is not running Pop's stupidity

:lol benching Duncan and let Bosh grab that offensive rebound in game 6
:lol trusting Parker in 2015

Stevie Johnson
06-05-2015, 09:16 PM

Case closed.
You tell us, smartass.

exstatic
06-05-2015, 09:18 PM
GS runs OUR FUCKING PLAYS, morons.

Stevie Johnson
06-05-2015, 09:19 PM
Prove that we run Spurs plays. I'll wait, otherwise you're talking out of your ass.

lefty
06-05-2015, 09:20 PM

IDK about that, Curry passes the ball unlike Porker

Mikeanaro
06-05-2015, 09:31 PM
There is no coaching schlong since Kerr never was a Pop/Phag´s assistant.

Leetonidas
06-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love are both out for fuck's sake, GS has no got damn excuse to lose this series after Irving's injury last night so any title here is pretty much tainted anyway tbh

cd98
06-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Neither, but Kerr is not running Pop's stupidity

:lol benching Duncan and let Bosh grab that offensive rebound in game 6
:lol trusting Parker in 2015

Stop trolling. GS doesn't run the triangle. Kerr visited Pop practices before getting into coaching. I'm sure he borrows from both, but he surely isn't the conceited prick that Phil is. Rather he's adopted Pop's player first mentality.

cd98
06-05-2015, 10:00 PM
IDK about that, Curry passes the ball unlike Porker

Actually Curry shoots fade away jumpers under pressure defense. He's not a pass first point guard. He's a shooting guard that is too short to guard other shooting guards. He plays a point guard, yet leads his team in points and shot attempts. It's like everything you post is wrong. He is exactly what you characterize Parker to be.

lefty
06-05-2015, 10:07 PM
Actually Curry shoots fade away jumpers under pressure defense. He's not a pass first point guard. He's a shooting guard that is too short to guard other shooting guards. He plays a point guard, yet leads his team in points and shot attempts. It's like everything you post is wrong. He is exactly what you characterize Parker to be.
The difference is that Curry makes his shots

Porker cant make shit yet he keeps shooting

exstatic
06-05-2015, 10:10 PM
Stop trolling. GS doesn't run the triangle. Kerr visited Pop practices before getting into coaching. I'm sure he borrows from both, but he surely isn't the conceited prick that Phil is. Rather he's adopted Pop's player first mentality.

Exactly. They run Horns. They run Floppy. They run Motion Weak. They run Motion into Horns.

Malik Hairston
06-05-2015, 10:13 PM
:lol Phil Jackson hates 3-pointers and hates the way the Warriors play basketball, tbh..

Greatest babysitter/ego-manager of all-time in sports, a rich man's Doc Rivers..I've never been impressed by him from a basketball standpoint, though..

Sean Cagney
06-05-2015, 11:06 PM
There is no coaching schlong since Kerr never was a Pop/Phag´s assistant.

Your correct on this one.

Mikeanaro
06-06-2015, 12:56 AM
Your correct on this one.
Thank you.

kobyz
06-06-2015, 01:02 AM
Kerr is better coach than pop.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2015, 01:47 AM
lol lefty got shit upon again

Malik Hairston
06-06-2015, 02:00 AM
^^you gonna report him to have him banned, as usual?

ChumpDumper
06-06-2015, 02:05 AM
^^ You're terrified of me.

lefty
06-06-2015, 02:13 AM
^^you gonna report him to have him banned, as usual?
:cry TDMVPDPOY
:cry banned by a fuckn kent

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=977&dateline=1349678520

HI-FI
06-06-2015, 02:22 AM

:lmao
that preceded 6 iirc.

apalisoc_9
06-06-2015, 03:34 AM

Man someone needs to tell him Tevez plays for Juve now..:lol

kobyz
06-06-2015, 06:24 AM
Kerr deserved a lot of credit, he is much better coach than pop, his team playing great team basketball but also has a lot of poise and fight in them, warriors team is not like the naive spurs team when the so called "finals mvp player" let Matt Barnes to get into his head and outplay him in game 7, while the so called "big banger" let the same Barnes to take his balls... It's such a disgrace how soft and naive of a coach his pop, doesn't know how to make his team tough, he has a lot to learn from Kerr...

Mnky
06-06-2015, 07:14 AM
The warriors team is the most talented team in the NBA. They had a guy score 30+ in a quarter, two defensive player of the year canidates, while one was injured, a 6th man who would be a leading scorer on the majority of teams in the nba as well as one of the best perimenter defenders and the best shooter and all around point guard in the NBA.
You're clueless about basketball if you think the spurs are on the same level talent wise. Pop Is a genius for ever getting 5 with the cast he has. He gets the potential out of all of them.. that being said

Golden state definitely runs a similar motion offense to spurs. That's why the spurs are so good at stopping it, since they know the ins and out. ...that being said..

Kerr played for both and definitely got the best of both worlds. Phil ego managment and pops potential management.

Kerrs a bad man. That being said..

Pops coaching tree is much more lucrative so far. I'll gladly take it back If any of phils assistants doing work. I think his closest protege was Fisher... That contract shows how much faith he had in him. Sure to get better, but so far not so good.

kobyz
06-06-2015, 07:43 AM
The warriors team is the most talented team in the NBA. They had a guy score 30+ in a quarter, two defensive player of the year canidates, while one was injured, a 6th man who would be a leading scorer on the majority of teams in the nba as well as one of the best perimenter defenders and the best shooter and all around point guard in the NBA.
You're clueless about basketball if you think the spurs are on the same level talent wise. Pop Is a genius for ever getting 5 with the cast he has. He gets the potential out of all of them.. that being said

Golden state definitely runs a similar motion offense to spurs. That's why the spurs are so good at stopping it, since they know the ins and out. ...that being said..

Kerr played for both and definitely got the best of both worlds. Phil ego managment and pops potential management.

Pops coaching tree is much more lucrative so far. I'll gladly take it back If any of phils assistants doing work. I think his closest protege was Fisher... That contract shows how much faith he had in him. Sure to get better, but so far not so good.

This spurs season is a the biggest fail and underachievement season in history, you can try to downgrade it how much you want but it still what it is, it the same team of last season, this fucked up season is on pop being soft and loser coach, and he also costs the spurs some titles in the past with his naiveness, people tend to ignore pop negatives and it's pathetic, the true is he most overrated coach ever...

Sandman52
06-06-2015, 09:32 AM
Kerr is so much a Phil guy that he stayed as far out as the West Coast to keep away from him.

Ginobilly
06-06-2015, 11:09 AM

This. How many tall and long athletes does GS have? Iggy, green,shaun. Even the cavs at full strength and healthy are all more talented and athletic than our spurs. The spurs only have one guy that you could really call an all-around athlete, and that's Leonard(before you could add Gino to the list but not anymore). Spurs have pulled titles out of their ass playing "oldman YMCA Celtics 1960's style passing basketball".

K...
06-06-2015, 12:17 PM
Hey how about that Tryon lue? Best almost head coach from the Phil tree.

cd98
06-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Tbh, Phil's best coaching moves were to coach Jordan/Pippen and Shaq/Kobe and Kobe/Gasol. If Kerr wanted to follow in Phil's footsteps, he would be coaching the Cavs with LeBron, Irving, and Love.

Vito Corleone
06-06-2015, 04:29 PM
LOL, Lakers are 4 years away from making the playoffs again. Kobe will probably get another raise. Laker fan can pimp Phil but Phil got the hell out of lakerland as fast as he could. Once he saw that kobe couldn't get it done he was gone.

BTW Phil coached kerr when Kerr was a bull, never as a Laker.

Pop is a life long Spur, when he is done, he is done. He won't pimp himself out like Phil does.

Maj_G
06-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Every team they played in the Playoffs struggled with injuries. GS is pretty much the healthiest team in the entire NBA this year.

Spurs > Heat James > Cavs James, and Cavs James when healthy with Love and Kyrie > GS. So yes

so what's your point again? Oh you are trolling :)

Cheers

sexinthatsx
06-06-2015, 07:53 PM
This spurs season is a the biggest fail and underachievement season in history, you can try to downgrade it how much you want but it still what it is, it the same team of last season, this fucked up season is on pop being soft and loser coach, and he also costs the spurs some titles in the past with his naiveness, people tend to ignore pop negatives and it's pathetic, the true is he most overrated coach ever...

The truth is, Tim Duncan would have the legs of a Derrick Rose right now had it been any other coach. Don't blame Pop for falling in love with his players so much he saves their body for the playoffs at the expense of regular season games. Some posters on here have the IQ of a brick I swear.

bklynspursfan
06-06-2015, 10:08 PM
That was vintage Popovich, and it was a tribute to Kerr that Popovich did employ all of his available players, just to give his old friend a healthy taste of Spurs basketball.
There has rarely been a better example of pure, championship teamwork than the last three games of last season’s Finals against Miami, and Kerr treats that week as a personal coaching clinic.

“I have those games in my computer,” Kerr said. “I spent a lot of time watching ’em this summer. It was just scintillating to watch the poise, the balance, the ball movement — to me, that’s the epitome of what I’m looking for with my team. Obviously, we’re not very close to that yet, but that’s a good vision for us.”

Sean Cagney
06-06-2015, 10:57 PM
Every team they played in the Playoffs struggled with injuries. GS is pretty much the healthiest team in the entire NBA this year.

Spurs > Heat James > Cavs James, and Cavs James when healthy with Love and Kyrie > GS. So yes

so what's your point again? Oh you are trolling :)

CheersI agree but I don't think that Cavs when healthy this year were better than the Warriors, infact they were pretty average most of the year and won 53 games out East while the Warriors won 67 games out West. I disagree there. Would the finals have been better yes, but I doubt they win it.

Maj_G
06-06-2015, 11:55 PM
Regular season is irrelevant my friend. I think right now, a healthy cavs >> warriors. My opinion is purely based on game 1 and the conf finals.

Cavs run out of gas in the overtime, which is sad because that's what the warriors do very well this year; wear teams out. That's what they do. Sad to see they faced a bunch of injured teams. I am very confident, with K Love cavs would have had a something more left in the tank. Warriors lucked out again and this time it was big time.

Sean Cagney
06-07-2015, 01:04 AM
Regular season is irrelevant my friend. I think right now, a healthy cavs >> warriors. My opinion is purely based on game 1 and the conf finals.

Cavs run out of gas in the overtime, which is sad because that's what the warriors do very well this year; wear teams out. That's what they do. Sad to see they faced a bunch of injured teams. I am very confident, with K Love cavs would have had a something more left in the tank. Warriors lucked out again and this time it was big time.
Regular season irrelevant but what has this Cavs team done in the postseason to prove they are better? You say it as if it's a fact but they have never played a full postseason together to prove your point that they are better, just one regular season together pretty much. You are confident but it's here say and Love is very overrated IMO to begin with, good player but way over hyped. The Cavs did not awe me this year together, never thought they would win it all even when fully healthy. The Warriors looked great most of the year, sure their run has been pretty easy to the finals but the Cavs has as well. I seriously doubt healthy or not they beat GS this year, sorry.

Warriors lucked out, not because of who they are facing now with guys out but the fact that a certain team who plays them better than anyone was knocked out in round one and they did not have to go through them, that is where the luck came (NOT Love being out etc.). Your opinion is yours no doubt, but it's heresay because honestly we will never know and we an argue until we drop and not agree in the end. Warriors toughest opponent was the Spurs though, hands down (They got lucky there).

kobyz
06-07-2015, 06:15 AM
The truth is, Tim Duncan would have the legs of a Derrick Rose right now had it been any other coach. Don't blame Pop for falling in love with his players so much he saves their body for the playoffs at the expense of regular season games. Some posters on here have the IQ of a brick I swear.

No, pop killed Duncan with minutes this season and for nothing, and pop was so stupid this season with passive aggresive approach to the regular season, in one side grinding Tim with big minutes and on other side let the team lose to the likes of knicks and lakers, also grind the team out at the end of the season going for winning streak only to ruin all at the last game...

06-07-2015, 08:10 AM
No, pop killed Duncan with minutes this season and for nothing, and pop was so stupid this season with passive aggresive approach to the regular season, in one side grinding Tim with big minutes and on other side let the team lose to the likes of knicks and lakers, also grind the team out at the end of the season going for winning streak only to ruin all at the last game...

Yeah, Timmy was so gassed, that he was definitely the best player on the court for the Spurs in that series despite heavy minutes played.

kobyz with the shitty takes, per par.

kobyz
06-07-2015, 04:02 PM
Yeah, Timmy was so gassed, that he was definitely the best player on the court for the Spurs in that series despite heavy minutes played.

kobyz with the shitty takes, per par.

He was the best player but pop overused him so much, take from him everything he had left, now duncan has nothing left in his tank for another year, he is done, all this for nothing...

ChumpDumper
06-07-2015, 04:37 PM
He was the best player but pop overused him so much, take from him everything he had left, now duncan has nothing left in his tank for another year, he is done, all this for nothing...lol

You dead yet?

kobyz
06-07-2015, 05:00 PM
lol

You dead yet?

Funny, is it true you're a pedophille?

ChumpDumper
06-07-2015, 05:10 PM
Funny, is it true you're a pedophille?Who said that?

You said you were going to kill yourself.

Why haven't you killed yourself?

Maj_G
06-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Regular season irrelevant but what has this Cavs team done in the postseason to prove they are better? You say it as if it's a fact but they have never played a full postseason together to prove your point that they are better, just one regular season together pretty much. You are confident but it's here say and Love is very overrated IMO to begin with, good player but way over hyped. The Cavs did not awe me this year together, never thought they would win it all even when fully healthy. The Warriors looked great most of the year, sure their run has been pretty easy to the finals but the Cavs has as well. I seriously doubt healthy or not they beat GS this year, sorry.

Warriors lucked out, not because of who they are facing now with guys out but the fact that a certain team who plays them better than anyone was knocked out in round one and they did not have to go through them, that is where the luck came (NOT Love being out etc.). Your opinion is yours no doubt, but it's heresay because honestly we will never know and we an argue until we drop and not agree in the end. Warriors toughest opponent was the Spurs though, hands down (They got lucky there).

Let's agree to disagree my friend. I think we make some of the same points but we have different views. I agree Warriors were the better team all year long, I just think Cavs put it together during the post-season. And yes, Spurs were the second best team in the west but suffered from injuries and also that inspired play by Austin Rivers. And yes Warriors lucked out in more than one places. You know I thought our spurs were the team better positioned to win it all this year except for injuries, but when Pop said they were running low on gas during first round, mostly mentally, that convinced me it wasn't our year this year. As you say, just another thing that went the warriors way. Nevertheless, it couldn't happen to a better group of guys I so enjoy this warriors team and am routing for them to win it all.

Dre_7
06-09-2015, 04:07 PM
http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_28282371/kerr-says-popovich-was-mentor

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2015, 04:19 PM
OP is a faggot.

lefty
06-09-2015, 09:36 PM
:lol tbh

Technique
06-09-2015, 09:57 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/1020/ny_a_fisher_600x400.jpg

K...
06-09-2015, 10:12 PM
:lol tbh

you never told us, where is the Jackson coach in this series? Tryon Lue?

purist
06-10-2015, 06:10 PM
Please! Quit responding to trolls. Makes this forum unbearable

Dre_7
06-12-2015, 11:27 AM
"Phil's" protege used a Pop move to win game 4. I love it. Pop has changed the NBA!

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/06/12/warriors-steve-kerr-nick-uren-andre-iguodala-andrew-bogut-nba-finals-cavaliers