PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Kobe Didn't Get A Break When He Lost In The 08 Finals Without Bynum and Ariza

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2015, 06:20 AM
People eagerly and gleefully ignored the fact he played without Bynum and prime Ariza who was in his right our defensive stopper...Kobe got no breaks from Barkley, ESPN, or Spur fan because of those injuries..so..again I dont want to hear shit about Lebrons teammates injury excuses....

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2015, 06:23 AM
And another thing....Charles Barkley is a pathetic loser...he's now openly gone on an all out Lebron over MJ jizz fest....I guess MJ must have really pissed him off by choosing Kobe as one of his personal friends over Barkley...ever since Barkley has seen the close friendship between MJ and Kobe he's been in an all out war against them two niggas :lol

TDMVPDPOY
06-06-2015, 06:41 AM
OP is a faggot

Venti Quattro
06-06-2015, 06:54 AM
He carried that team to the Finals. Holy shit the Lakers had Vladimir Radmanovic as their starting small forward... :lmao

They just got beat by a better team though, no shame in admitting that. But they got back at the Celtic scum in 2010, which is satisfying too. :king :toast

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2015, 07:00 AM
He carried that team to the Finals. Holy shit the Lakers had Vladimir Radmanovic as their starting small forward... :lmao

They just got beat by a better team though, no shame in admitting that. But they got back at the Celtic scum in 2010, which is satisfying too. :king :toast

Yep..I agree....Jordan Farmar, Shannon Brown, Vajacic, Rodmanovich, in a much tougher western. Conference........

DMC
06-06-2015, 08:38 AM
Odd that he couldn't carry that team the prior year. Odd that Pau showing up changed all that. Must have been an undisclosed injury. Odd that Lakers fan didn't care for Kobe until Pau arrived.

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Odd that he couldn't carry that team the prior year. Odd that Pau showing up changed all that. Must have been an undisclosed injury. Odd that Lakers fan didn't care for Kobe until Pau arrived.

Pau was like a bouqet of flowers at Valentine....initially they look pretty but day after day those fuckers slowly start looking like shit....

Btw DMC....who was better Pau or David Robinson :downspin:

DMC
06-06-2015, 10:57 AM
Pau was like a bouqet of flowers at Valentine....initially they look pretty but day after day those fuckers slowly start looking like shit....

Btw DMC....who was better Pau or David Robinson :downspin:
We'll never know. Can't go back far enough to find the Pre/Post David fans.

UZER
06-06-2015, 11:49 AM
He got a break when he didn't go to prison for rape. The rest is gravy.

Thread
06-06-2015, 11:51 AM

Amen.

LkrFan
06-06-2015, 12:11 PM

PJ used to call VladRad a Space Cadet. :lol

LkrFan
06-06-2015, 12:14 PM

Neither did Choo-Choo Neal tbh :downspin:

LkrFan
06-06-2015, 12:16 PM
We'll never know. Can't go back far enough to find the Pre/Post David fans.

Don't be obtuse old man. Answer the fucking question.

UZER
06-06-2015, 03:30 PM
Neither did Choo-Choo Neal tbh :downspin:

Ok and?

KaiRMD1
06-06-2015, 03:35 PM
Bynum was pointless,when Bynum did play, Kobe got raped by the Mavs and Thunder

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2015, 03:38 PM
Bynum was pointless,when Bynum did play, Kobe got raped by the Mavs and Thunder

Make up your mind Spur fan...was Bynum a dominant big that carried Kobe or was Bynum pointless....hakakakakakakaa:lol

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Ok and?

Maybe you'll answer this question for me since DMC wont.....

Who was better and more dominant....David Robinson or Pau Gasol

Franklin
06-06-2015, 05:55 PM
08' Ariza was in his prime? :lol It was during the 09' finals when most NBA fans started to know his name imho, before then he was just a fringe player.

DMC
06-06-2015, 07:26 PM
Don't be obtuse old man. Answer the fucking question.
Obviously Lakers fan thinks Pau was better than Kobe judging by the excitement surrounding his appearance.

Thread
06-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Obviously Lakers fan thinks Pau was better than Kobe judging by the excitement surrounding his appearance.

He couldn't win a single NBA Title without Kobe holding his hand.

LkrFan
06-06-2015, 07:30 PM
That happiness was knowing Kwame was no longer a Laker.

Donkeybong
06-06-2015, 08:43 PM

or a single playoff game

Thread
06-06-2015, 08:57 PM
or a single playoff game

The SOB did that, Donkey.

DMC
06-06-2015, 09:13 PM
That happiness was knowing Kwame was no longer a Laker.

Parsimony says ehhh no

DMC
06-06-2015, 09:14 PM

Doesn't have the same punch, does it?

Thread
06-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Doesn't have the same punch, does it?

No, but, I'm grateful nonetheless.

JohnnyMax
06-06-2015, 10:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGMg800UIAAvwaU.jpg:large

Thebesteva
06-06-2015, 10:47 PM
OP, you are spot on about this. Kobe didn't get a break nor should Lebron IF he loses. This GS team is nothing compared to that defensive juggernaut 08 Celtics team

Malik Hairston
06-06-2015, 11:07 PM
The 2008 Lakers were actually favored to win the series at -160, even without Bynum/Ariza(latter wasn't really relevant, at this point IIRC)..

Even the mainstream media had them as huge favorites:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WAi2txkagVM/SFlSb2Vme1I/AAAAAAAAB6k/X7AaTEhIzrw/s400/espn_celtics_lakers_predictions_2008.JPG

Thread
06-06-2015, 11:24 PM
The 2008 Lakers were actually favored to win the series at -160, even without Bynum/Ariza(latter wasn't really relevant, at this point IIRC)..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WAi2txkagVM/SFlSb2Vme1I/AAAAAAAAB6k/X7AaTEhIzrw/s400/espn_celtics_lakers_predictions_2008.JPG

Obviously we had no idea that Gasol was a panty waist, some highbrown Spanish royalty. His brother is no better truth be told. I watched that fucker this playoff session and he's a piss pot, wanderin' around the paint, la-de-da. WTF!

AlexJones
06-07-2015, 12:53 AM
Obviously we had no idea that Gasol was a panty waist, some highbrown Spanish royalty. His brother is no better truth be told. I watched that fucker this playoff session and he's a piss pot, wanderin' around the paint, la-de-da. WTF!

Without Pau you're not here on ST, with your limp dick in your hands.

lefty
06-07-2015, 01:02 AM
People eagerly and gleefully ignored the fact he played without Bynum and prime Ariza who was in his right our defensive stopper...Kobe got no breaks from Barkley, ESPN, or Spur fan because of those injuries..so..again I dont want to hear shit about Lebrons teammates injury excuses....

So you admit that Kobe had to carried by Bynum and Ariza :lol

Venti Quattro
06-07-2015, 01:19 AM

This is what really made me scared for the series. The expectations were set too high that the analysts suddenly forgot that the Celtics were a 67 win team in 2008

Malik Hairston
06-07-2015, 01:57 AM
Ya, I felt the same way when more ESPN and mainstream analysts than ever before were picking the Spurs to win the title, this year, during the preseason, tbh:lol..it's usually the kiss of death..

Thread
06-07-2015, 02:32 AM
Without Pau you're not here on ST, with your limp dick in your hands.

No, without Dwight Howard I'm not here, on & on & limp dick in hands.

LkrFan
06-07-2015, 02:35 AM
Forget ESPN - did Vegas have the Lakers favored in 2008?

Malik Hairston
06-07-2015, 02:36 AM
Forget ESPN - did Vegas have the Lakers favored in 2008?

Yes, I already said that Humberto:lol..

LkrFan
06-07-2015, 02:50 AM
Yes, I already said that Humberto:lol..:lol

Koolaid_Man
06-07-2015, 06:45 AM

As fans sure we want our team to win but In my view the media and odds makers picking the Lakers to win was a setup. Mainly so the media....why? Because they knew going into the series LA was not at full strength....but I give them a slight pass only in that they were banking on Pau to be the answer to KG and he failed miserably.....if we had Bynum to battle Perk then it changes the dynamics of the series....why because Pau wasnt ready for the physicality and mental intimidation of both KG and Perk at the same time....

With Ariza being out it meant that Boston was free to throw another defender at Kobe....and boy did they...Kobe was literally tripled team with an additional man rotating on him at all times...Boston threw their best defensive players on him at the same time..James Posey and Tony Allen.....he was tripeled team with Ray Allen....and finally they rotated Paul Pierce on himhim as well... Steady stream of top defenders...not even MJ had to face such a consitent defensive rotation....

Lebron may be missing Kyrie..Kevin love is shit anyway tbh..he would have given them nothing anyway because he cannot defend anyone...so point is Lebron is tired for no reason...he has no all team defenders on him and yet he's tired..Kobe nnever complained of getting tired....Lebron has it easy and once again the media is prepared to bail him out....Kobe faced 3 first ballot Hall of Famers in KG KG, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce..plus a slew of great defenders.....Lebron is facing Stephon Curry only...:lol

KaiRMD1
06-07-2015, 11:08 AM
Make up your mind Spur fan...was Bynum a dominant big that carried Kobe or was Bynum pointless....hakakakakakakaa:lol

"When Bynum did play, Kobe got raped by the Mavs and Thunder"
I think that sums up my thought old sport

RsxPiimp
06-07-2015, 11:57 AM
I think every Laker fan and their momma knows they weren't going to win that series. Those Boston wins over LA during the regular season were statement games. You usually don't pay attention to those but any unbiased hoop fan saw the glaring difference between them. Boston operated as a defensive juggernaut on another level. We had issues of our own and you can't make those adjustments in a course of a season, particularly Gasol playing like a pussy.

I think the mainstream media placed too much stock on Jackson too, that's why the Lakers were the favorites. A lot of Lon time Laker fans were surprised when those predictions came out considering we don't have Bynum and Ariza.

Clipper Nation
06-07-2015, 12:41 PM
OP is a faggot

LkrFan
06-07-2015, 12:57 PM
:flag:
What thoughts go thru your head when you this type of celebration?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Mobile%20Uploads/f324156fb9034711ad4855f713df00bf_zpsjzfu4hzx.gif

I've never seen such passion from Jim. You think Amy ever did? :lol

Thread
06-07-2015, 01:01 PM
^ LF

And the security guy to the right of Duncan at the end...looks like a serial killer, wtf is his problem?

Sean Cagney
06-07-2015, 01:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGMg800UIAAvwaU.jpg:large

Thats why win or lose he keeps going to the finals and stays out East, it's easy out there. This is why he is not in the GOAT convo to me, easy to make the finals when you play in a garbage conference and your team has three stars on it (Not this year but the past few years).

Thread
06-07-2015, 01:06 PM
Thats why win or lose he keeps going to the finals and stays out East, it's easy out there. This is why he is not in the GOAT convo to me, easy to make the finals when you play in a garbage conference and your team has three stars on it (Not this year but the past few years).

C'mon, Cagney, that's baloney and you know it. This East/West shit is shit. He cast his lot there because of his roots and the money down south. Now stop it.

LkrFan
06-07-2015, 01:07 PM
^ LF

And the security guy to the right of Duncan at the end...looks like a serial killer, wtf is his problem?

:lol

LkrFan
06-07-2015, 01:14 PM

Same reasons why I laugh at Celtic fans like LNGRR. Bill Russell played on a stacked team during the pre-free agency era during the NBA's infancy. I'm sure some team would have poached Havlichec or Cousy or even Russell himself if allowed to. But alas, they couldn't and they reaped the benefits.

My top 5 GOAT list in order:

1) Jabbar
2) Magic
3) MJ
4) Kobe
5) Bird

Russell is way further down tbqh.

Sean Cagney
06-07-2015, 01:20 PM
C'mon, Cagney, that's baloney and you know it. This East/West shit is shit. He cast his lot there because of his roots and the money down south. Now stop it.

The East teams he goes through are pretty bad man, but I agree he lives out East and wants to stay there because he obviously likes it. The teams are pretty bad though when ATL is in the Conference Finals TBH.

Thread
06-07-2015, 01:25 PM
The East teams he goes through are pretty bad man, but I agree he lives out East and wants to stay there because he obviously likes it. The teams are pretty bad though when ATL is in the Conference Finals TBH.

It's all subjective. Think for yourself, don't latch onto Media's bidding. Fuck them. They don't play it.

daslicer
06-07-2015, 01:30 PM
Who cares we have beaten this dead horse about a million times which is Kobe aint shit without great 7fter.

Thread
06-07-2015, 01:37 PM
Who cares we have beaten this dead horse about a million times which is Kobe aint shit without great 7fter.

They sold your fuckin' shit.

Clipper Nation
06-07-2015, 01:50 PM
What thoughts go thru your head when you this type of celebration?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Mobile%20Uploads/f324156fb9034711ad4855f713df00bf_zpsjzfu4hzx.gif

I've never seen such passion from Jim. You think Amy ever did? :lol
I know what was going through your mind: "ˇDuncan, que cabrón... la puta que te parió!"

Dex
06-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Maybe Kobe shouldn't be such an asshole.

Thread
06-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Maybe Kobe shouldn't be such an asshole.

How bout Duncan's assholishness by marrying a girl, having children with her then 10+ years later going to the safe deposit box, running back to her and plastering the pre nup on her forehead. Hey, Dex,,,straight up:::would you have done that to your wife, the mother of your children?

LkrFan
06-07-2015, 01:59 PM
I know what was going through your mind: "ˇDuncan, que cabrón... la puta que te parió!"

:lmao

LkrFan
06-07-2015, 02:01 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=403&dateline=1430747072

Signed,
Austin Rivers :lol

Dex
06-07-2015, 02:49 PM
How bout Duncan's assholishness by marrying a girl, having children with her then 10+ years later going to the safe deposit box, running back to her and plastering the pre nup on her forehead. Hey, Dex,,,straight up:::would you have done that to your wife, the mother of your children?

If she's whoring around with her personal trainer, that trick ain't getting her hands on my millions.

Thread
06-07-2015, 02:51 PM
If she's whoring around with her personal trainer, that trick ain't getting her hands on my millions.

Answer the fucking question.

Dex
06-07-2015, 03:26 PM
Answer the fucking question.

I thought my answer was pretty straight forward tbh. Tim Duncan ain't gonna get gold dug from no adulteress.

Thread
06-07-2015, 03:27 PM
I thought my answer was pretty straight forward tbh. Tim Duncan ain't gonna get gold dug from no adulteress.

No, it wasn't, but, I ain't asking again.

ViceCity86
06-07-2015, 09:25 PM
Ya, I felt the same way when more ESPN and mainstream analysts than ever before were picking the Spurs to win the title, this year, during the preseason, tbh:lol..it's usually the kiss of death..

Is that Kori in your avi?

ViceCity86
06-07-2015, 09:27 PM

Thread Killer
:lmao