PDA

View Full Version : OT: Duke Basketball Players Official Present For Winning The NCAA Title Is.....

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2015, 06:49 PM
:toast A Minted Pair of Kobe's....more proof that Kobe is bigger and badder than Tim Duncan or Lebron James will ever be....:lol

Duke Recieves Custom Basketball Shoes To Celebrate National Championship

To the victor go the spoils.
Duke basketball was crowned national champions just over two months ago, but the presents are still rolling in. Players received these sweet custom Kobe shoes to celebrate their title.
The shoes feature Duke's colors, blue and white, along with a gold Nike sign and the number 15 for 2015. Under the tongue, the words "Duke" and "Champs" are written in gold.
Sneakerheads, be jealous.

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2015, 06:55 PM
I'm sure they considered Duncan and Lebron but when you got a bronze medal you cant quite pass that shit off as gold :lmao

Clipper Nation
06-06-2015, 06:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0qE5r4G.jpg

Silver&Black
06-06-2015, 07:32 PM
Koolaid_Man

Why bring up Duncan in this thread?

DMX7
06-06-2015, 07:37 PM
Nevermind that Tim is signed with Adidas while Duke is signed with Nike.

Silver&Black
06-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Nevermind that Tim is signed with Adidas while Duke is signed with Nike.

That's exactly what I was going to tell Kool....

0.00% chance a team signed with Nike gives an Adidas shoe to their players.

:lmao K:lol:lollaid_Man

DMX7
06-06-2015, 07:49 PM

Nike probably gave them to Duke for free... they probably had so much overstock that they just took them off the shelves, sprinkled on a little shinny gold, and then gave them to Duke as a "present".

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2015, 07:50 PM

That's not the point...the fact that he's not even in a position to and is signed with a 2nd rate shoe company is the issue....Kobe is mainstream wheras Duncan once again is shut out of the party...Duncan doesn't know how to maximize his earnings like Kobe..it once again shows who's alpha and who's not.....

DMX7
06-06-2015, 07:52 PM
That's not the point...the fact that he's not even in a position to and is signed with a 2nd rate shoe company is the issue....Kobe is mainstream wheras Duncan once again is shut out of the party...Duncan doesn't know how to maximize his earnings like Kobe..it once again shows who's alpha and who's not.....

Nike is the best shoe company in my opinion but Adidas is not 2nd rate.

Silver&Black
06-06-2015, 07:53 PM
Nike probably gave them to Duke for free... they probably had so much overstock that they just took them off the shelves, sprinkled on a little shinny gold, and then gave them to Duke as a "present".

Oooh for sure. Did you see the ESPN 30 for 30 "The Sole Man"?

Basically Nike does give away all their stuff for free....just the advertising alone makes them millions in sales.

http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=soleman

Silver&Black
06-06-2015, 07:55 PM

Duncan chose Adidas over Nike many years ago....was it a good decision? Probably not. Nike is the "gold standard" in athletic sports wear, but to call Adidas a "2nd rate shoe company" is laughable.

Do you think Nike didn't offer Duncan (The #1 pick in the Draft) a shoe deal? Of course they did.

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2015, 08:09 PM
Duncan chose Adidas over Nike many years ago....was it a good decision? Probably not. Nike is the "gold standard" in athletic sports wear, but to call Adidas a "2nd rate shoe company" is laughable.

Do you think Nike didn't offer Duncan (The #1 pick in the Draft) a shoe deal? Of course they did.

And he turned it down? But why? What good did 4 yrs at Wake Forest do him (even if he does have a Bullshit Psychology degree :lol) if he can never make the right business decisions.....same thing with the wine....lost 23 million on bad investments....again WHY? He hired a private investigator to follow Amy and yet he still lost half and the illegal alien stripper still got a million....Kobe was the 13th pick and a high school graduate and yet he's doing business with Apple Inc. Has investments in the middle east and China while Duncan has a car shop and passed on millions by taking a discount...I'm sorry but it's hard to beleive this cat graduated Wake Forest :lol

Silver&Black
06-06-2015, 08:36 PM
And he turned it down? But why? What good did 4 yrs at Wake Forest do him (even if he does have a Bullshit Psychology degree :lol) if he can never make the right business decisions.....same thing with the wine....lost 23 million on bad investments....again WHY? He hired a private investigator to follow Amy and yet he still lost half and the illegal alien stripper still got a million....Kobe was the 13th pick and a high school graduate and yet he's doing business with Apple Inc. Has investments in the middle east and China while Duncan has a car shop and passed on millions by taking a discount...I'm sorry but it's hard to beleive this cat graduated Wake Forest :lol

:lol What shoe contract did you get after you left your Div. I school fag?

I've posted this image to you several times and you always ignore it. Tell me what you think about this Kool:

http://i.imgur.com/NxJ8YeB.png

LkrFan
06-07-2015, 12:52 PM

Other than Amy's kids, name somebody - anybody that wears mint condition Timmy Ds.

DMC
06-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Of course they gave them away, hell they can't sell them.

DMC
06-07-2015, 01:06 PM
Kobe didn't have a prenup..so half. Tim, he had one.

Thread
06-07-2015, 01:08 PM
Kobe didn't have a prenup..so half. Tim, he had one.

...& still had to give half, a divorce decree + the 1st 5th.

RsxPiimp
06-07-2015, 01:08 PM
Of course they gave them away, hell they can't sell them.

Wut? LOL I have 3 pairs myself. I was gonna buy a 4th colorway but I need to pay my car payment first tho. Maybe next month. Kobe 9's are so dope.

DMC
06-07-2015, 01:13 PM
Wut? LOL I have 3 pairs myself. I was gonna buy a 4th colorway but I need to pay my car payment first tho. Maybe next month. Kobe 9's are so dope.
Of course, you have 4 pairs of sneakers but have to share a bedroom with 6 people.

daslicer
06-07-2015, 01:17 PM
It comes down to the fact Duncan was never a media whore and also didn't care about endorsement. You pretty much have to whore yourself out and waste your free time to get these type of endorsements. Kobe has plenty of time to whore himself out since he will never play more than 10 games in the regular season ever again.

DMC
06-07-2015, 01:17 PM
The gap between James and Durant and everybody else is vast. In the U.S., Durant sells three-and-a-half times the shoes of Kobe Bryant (http://www.forbes.com/profile/kobe-bryant/), who ranks No. 3. Bryant is the NBA’s most popular player in China and has connected with the Chinese people through eight straight years of extended offseason visits for Nike. Bryant’s shoes are a big seller in China, but moved only $50 million at retail last year in the U.S. Bryant was an Adidas (http://www.forbes.com/companies/adidas/) athlete the first six years of his career, before joining Nike in 2003 with a five-year, $45 million deal. His current deal pays more than $15 million annually.

Silver&Black
06-07-2015, 01:20 PM
Other than Amy's kids, name somebody - anybody that wears mint condition Timmy Ds.

That broke muchacho probably rocks a pair or two...

DMC
06-07-2015, 01:24 PM
http://cdn.solecollector.com/media/up/2014/04/images/TF%20Flightposite%201%20FP1.jpg

You Lakers faggots can wish all you want, he's not walking through that door on draft day.

Thread
06-07-2015, 01:28 PM
http://cdn.solecollector.com/media/up/2014/04/images/TF%20Flightposite%201%20FP1.jpg

You Lakers faggots can wish all you want, he's not walking through that door on draft day.

Was that before OR after he smacked the floor?

LkrFan
06-07-2015, 01:31 PM

Who wants to draft a 39 year old who can't keep his woman, can't keep the Clipps out of the 2nd round, and can't repeat as champion? "Duncan't" :lol

LkrFan
06-07-2015, 01:32 PM
That broke muchacho probably rocks a pair or two...

You got a point there. :lol

DMC
06-07-2015, 01:33 PM
Was that before OR after he smacked the floor?
What was in 2003 or earlier. Don't act like you wouldn't suck a mile of dick to get a random shot at drafting him as a rookie.

Koolaid_Man
06-07-2015, 01:39 PM

Thats quite the fucking stance... reminds me of those Wolf Brand Chili commercials "Come and get it boys."

Thread
06-07-2015, 01:46 PM
What was in 2003 or earlier. Don't act like you wouldn't suck a mile of dick to get a random shot at drafting him as a rookie.

No, I'd licked the bootie too, if that was part of the deal, but, just up, D, no return trip.

Koolaid_Man
06-07-2015, 01:50 PM
:lol What shoe contract did you get after you left your Div. I school fag?

I've posted this image to you several times and you always ignore it. Tell me what you think about this Kool:

http://i.imgur.com/NxJ8YeB.png

ESPN controls the narrative....but when you win titles but never repeat it gives the impression you've had a better career....Tim has had a more stable career being with the same coach and system his entire career..throw in the media awards that ESPN controls and you get such a perception.....Timmy had to give back 30 million dollars to give the continued perception of success...thats exactly why Phil Jackson called him out on it...Is Tim the ultimate sacrificer and team player..hell yeah...however it cost him a lot of money and yet he's still not more popular or well liked and respected by players to the extent Kobe is...

Next question please

Thread
06-07-2015, 01:52 PM
ESPN controls the narrative....but when you win titles but never repeat it gives the impression you've had a better career....Tim has had a more stable career being with the same coach and system his entire career..throw in the media awards that ESPN controls and you get such a perception.....Timmy had to give back 30 million dollars to give the continued perception of success...thats exactly why Phil Jackson called him out on it...Is Tim the ultimate sacrificer and team player..hell yeah...however it cost him a lot of money and yet he's still not more popular or well liked and respected by players to the extent Kobe is...

Next question please

Our #1

Silver&Black
06-07-2015, 01:53 PM

Next question please

So you're saying that 50 out of 50 states got it wrong....Really?

DMC
06-07-2015, 01:53 PM
Our #1
Old man, I've nullified your vote by exposing your backside for the forum to see just how full of shit you really are.

Thread
06-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Old man, I've nullified your vote by exposing your backside for the forum to see just how full of shit you really are.

Well, I like being nude, so, carry on.

Koolaid_Man
06-07-2015, 01:58 PM
So you're saying that 50 out of 50 states got it wrong....Really?

In the context of my response Fuck Yeah....they both got 5..Kobe got there first while Tammy got there last....like Janet Jackson said.."what have you done for me lately."
But dont mistake better career with better player.... Wink