PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Saying Lebron Is Better Than Kobe Is Like Saying Shaq Is Better Than Duncan

Koolaid_Man
06-07-2015, 07:24 AM
Listen Spur fan..lets be honest than a bunch of mutherfuckers and lay our cards on the table...

There is a huge difference in being physically dominant and being the best player....Shaq like Lebron are physical specimens...the most physically dominant we've ever seen....bigger and stronger than most at their respective positions....but fact is they were not more athletic nor skilled than Kobe and Tim....

Think about it....sure strength is a form of athleticism but its not the crowning jewel...Lebron is not only one dimensional but hard basic dunks is all he can do....there's a reason he never entered the slam dunk compeition....and if yo go back to his high school dunk competition it was the same thing just a basic hard dunk to wow the crowd..they robbed Shannon Brown during his high school dunk competition vs.Lebron..

But back to my point...Kobe and Tim could do so much more with the ball....Kobe could do al ll kinds of trick dunks in game...,he could dribble off his knees an assortment of fade-aways he could easily split multiple defenders. He had an aasortment of reverse layups...and the deadliest mid range and post game since MJ..even Hakeem Olajuwon acknowledged that...

Lebron simply doesn't have those moves...I've never seen him take someone baseline for a reservse one or two handed flush in mid-air...I've never seen him shake 2 defenders and finish over the top of a 7 footer like Kobe baptized Dwight...my point is sure he's bigger and stronger than Kobe but No way in hell is he better or more atheletic...and to the stats and analytic nerds....stats are empty when the stregnth of competition is missing. Over the years Kobe has faced many great on ball and 1 on 1 defenders but they could never stop him...the only time Lebron faced a decent defender was in Kiwi and he looks horrible against Kiwi...imagine if Lebron played in the West and had to face Kiwi all the time...but to my point...Lebron has not played to the same level of competition as MJ and Kobe so it all but renders his stats meaningless in my book.....

Now lets compare Duncan and Shaq..since Duncan played the 5 spot many times vs Shaq....Shaq was a beast down low..but I do not think he was more skilled or more athletic than Duncan..same criteria I used for Kobe vs. Lebron...Duncan could do way more in the post and from mid-range...Shaq couldnt come close to that...Shaq could only score within 1-3 feet from the basket.....so when people say Lebron is this and Lebron is that he's the best..not in my view...till this day I have not seen Lebron do anything offensively or defensively that I can look at and say wow I've never seen Kobe do that....

Lebron is not even close to Kobe as a pure basketball player in my view....and if he's not close to Kobe you shouldnt even be mentioning him and MJ in the same sentence...are you enamored with Lebrons passing skills? Ok fine...but then say that...outside of that he's brought nothing to this game that we havent seen before...I for one will never be on that media hype machine....I dont care how many media awards the media gives him....until Lebron can do something like this I dont want to hear it..:lol

WQxgHgRh95Y

Koolaid_Man
06-07-2015, 07:31 AM
Or even if Lebron could show me something like this..where he snakes the baseline...i think this was against the one on one defense of Latrell Sprewell who was also a very good and hardnosed defender...

tEOTfwtjA4U

Koolaid_Man
06-07-2015, 07:41 AM
Or if you can show me a Lebron dunk like this...athleticism at it's pure finest..against the Nuggets...

WXo0x0ZiNoE

LZYvfcSIFYI

DMC
06-07-2015, 08:16 AM
WOT

DNR

GFY

JohnnyMax
06-07-2015, 11:27 AM
why do people refuse to admit that Lebron James is a flawed athlete?

I'm not even talking about his mentality or lack of competitive spirit. I'm talking pure and simple mechanically he's a flawed athlete, especially for basketball. Lebron James is probably one of the fastest player in the league when he's at full stride in top speed, but his acceleration or first step is pedestrian at best. This kid needed a pick and roll as soon as he got into the league because he never had the blow by first step of a guy like Kobe. Kobe in his 13th season in the league relied less on pick and rolls than Lebron in his first.

Lebron also has a blocky and bulky bodytype similiar to Dwight Howard. Both lack the natural fluidity and coordination of someone like Kobe or MJ. If you watch this kid's footwork when he's in iso, it's literally like he's shuffling them and trying to remember which step to take like he's in Salsa Dancing for beginners. This is why every jumper he takes he seems to be off balance and he's never been able to have a effective pull up game.

I just never have been impressed by his athleticism. He's also a terrible two foot leaper that's why he never wanted to participate in the dunk contest

guy is a bull ruining what was an aesthete game

Lebron does not have a quick first step

A lot of observers conflate top speed and first step.

Lebron is probably one of the fastest player in the league when he's at full stride in top speed, but his acceleration or first step is pedestrian at best. This kid needed a pick and roll as soon as he got into the league because he never had the blow by first step of a guy like Kobe.

a lot of guys have both attributes. but u also have guys on opposite end of spectrum like Jeremy Lin, who has great acceleration from standstill but definitely below average in speed.

This is the difference between quickness and raw speed. You can spot the difference pretty easily.

Quickness/elite first step:

http://media.giphy.com/media/tBb19fh1Bn4utxzUHMA/giphy.gif

Power/speed:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2316015/ledunk.gif

Thread
06-07-2015, 03:30 PM
^"I'm talking pure and simple mechanically he's a flawed athlete, especially for basketball."

Cowherd talked about this at length about a month ago. I was shocked. I mean sure he rehabilitated him after the initial inquiry, but, he examined it.

Mitch
06-07-2015, 03:39 PM
Well, KAM, Shaq is better than Tim.

Strange Love
06-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Well, KAM, Shaq is better than Tim.

In turn, that means Shaq is better than Kobe.

UZER
06-07-2015, 03:46 PM
^"I'm talking pure and simple mechanically he's a flawed athlete, especially for basketball."

Cowherd talked about this at length about a month ago. I was shocked. I mean sure he rehabilitated him after the initial inquiry, but, he examined it.

Cowherd constantly jumps fences back and forth to make sure he's always right.

Mitch
06-07-2015, 03:50 PM

Without a doubt.

Alex's foreskin
06-07-2015, 03:53 PM
Lol anyone who says Duncan is better than Shaq.

Infinite_limit
06-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Shaq on the Suns and Celtics was brutal

- Defense was underwhelming given his size
- The free throw failures
- Questionable work ethic

Alex's foreskin
06-07-2015, 04:01 PM

Shaq was on the clear decline by then. His prime is wayyyy better than Duncan's.

ohmwrecker
06-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Duncan is better than Shaq.

Alex's foreskin
06-07-2015, 04:06 PM
Duncan is better than Shaq.

Nope.

Infinite_limit
06-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Shaq was on the clear decline by then. His prime is wayyyy better than Duncan's.
While I agree Shaq was TOP 5 most dominant in one small time period. It's mostly because of his size which diminishes his overall greatness in my eyes

Furthermore how did Shaq manage 1 single regular season MVP?

Infinite_limit
06-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Nope.
Well Tim certainty had the superior career and his individual accomplishments are equal if not superior

ohmwrecker
06-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Nope.

Yep. Duncan is a more skilled player. Shaq was all brute force.

Thread
06-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Cowherd constantly jumps fences back and forth to make sure he's always right.

Agreed. It's shameless.

Thread
06-07-2015, 04:14 PM
I still can't figure out Kool's fuckin' statement. It's 8 hours old and I've driven myself close to tears over it. I'm goin' to What-a-burger & get a patty melt.

Clipper Nation
06-07-2015, 04:19 PM

He was 35 with the Suns and a terrible fit for their roster anyway. He was actually pretty good individually for them, but it came at the expense of the offensive system and they weren't winning.

By his Celtics days, he was pushing 40 and completely done. No amount of "work ethic" in the world was going to extend his career any further at that point. He was injured half the time and could barely move even when he was playing. He was just brutal to watch in that Heat series, especially Game 4.

Duncan easily wins the longevity debate against Shaq, but Shaq wins the peak argument. I'd rank Shaq over Duncan, but it's extremely close and I can understand why people would argue otherwise.

Koolaid_Man
06-07-2015, 04:20 PM
I still can't figure out Kool's fuckin' statement. It's 8 hours old and I've driven myself close to tears over it. I'm goin' to What-a-burger & get a patty melt.

:lmao check your PM

Koolaid_Man
06-07-2015, 04:23 PM

Duncan was a better 4 but not a better 5 :lol

Alex's foreskin
06-07-2015, 04:24 PM

Shaq's peak was greater than Duncan's, no contest. Shaq would score on triple teams. He was that dominant.

Alex's foreskin
06-07-2015, 04:26 PM
Duncan was a better 4 but not a better 5 :lol

:lol

Clipper Nation
06-07-2015, 04:27 PM

Shaq was not all brute force. If you only watched the highlights, you'd think that, but he had a solid post repertoire and even some passing skills. He wasn't skilled like Duncan, but few players are, and people talk about him as if he was a legitimately unskilled center like Dwight or DeContract.

ohmwrecker
06-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Shaq's peak was greater than Duncan's, no contest. Shaq would score on triple teams. He was that dominant.

That's not my argument. Shaq was a physical freak of nature. Duncan is by far the more skilled player.

Mikeanaro
06-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Kobe is better than Leburp.

ohmwrecker
06-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Shaq was not all brute force. If you only watched the highlights, you'd think that, but he had a solid post repertoire and even some passing skills. He wasn't skilled like Duncan, but few players are, and people talk about him as if he was a legitimately unskilled center like Dwight or DeContract.

I was putting it in very simple terms. I'm not saying Shaq was without some skill, but his game was primarily physical and predicated by his size.

IronMexican
06-07-2015, 04:33 PM

How is this even a question? Shaq at his greatest, was unguardable. There was nothing you could do. Nothing.

Koolaid_Man
06-07-2015, 05:00 PM
How is this even a question? Shaq at his greatest, was unguardable. There was nothing you could do. Nothing.

Theres a big difference in being the MDE and being better than someone..Shaq was unstoppable but not a better player...you could easily goad him into fouls and also fuck with his head by making him shoot free throws....Kobe had no such flaws

DMC
06-07-2015, 05:22 PM
At their peaks there was likely never a more dominant player than Shaq. Revisionists love to marginalize him but he was just unstoppable even in a league full of big centers. Today he'd win the ring by himself. Yeah yeah Wilt.. fuck off.

Koolaid_Man
06-07-2015, 05:41 PM
At their peaks there was likely never a more dominant player than Shaq. Revisionists love to marginalize him but he was just unstoppable even in a league full of big centers. Today he'd win the ring by himself. Yeah yeah Wilt.. fuck off.

So why do you think god blessed Shaq with all that size but gave him a small dick compared to Kobe's 14 inches...(I only know because Katy told the world) :lol

IronMexican
06-07-2015, 05:50 PM
Theres a big difference in being the MDE and being better than someone..Shaq was unstoppable but not a better player...you could easily goad him into fouls and also fuck with his head by making him shoot free throws....Kobe had no such flaws

Kobe chucked a lot of games when he shouldn't have. If he played towards Shaq's strengths, he could have easily shot over 50% each year they were together.

Without Shaq, they don't win any of the three titles in the early 2000's. I think even without Kobe, they still win in 2000 and possibly 2001(though he did take a shit on the Spurs in 2001).

DMC
06-07-2015, 05:57 PM
So why do you think god blessed Shaq with all that size but gave him a small dick compared to Kobe's 14 inches...(I only know because Katy told the world) :lol

Or why does Shaq have big turds and small farts, or why is his underwear sprinkled with brown spots, how much do Kobe's farts stink? I mean, let's get the shit, fart and cock size talk going.

Koolaid_Man
06-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Kobe chucked a lot of games when he shouldn't have. If he played towards Shaq's strengths, he could have easily shot over 50% each year they were together.

Without Shaq, they don't win any of the three titles in the early 2000's. I think even without Kobe, they still win in 2000 and possibly 2001(though he did take a shit on the Spurs in 2001).

It's debatable but what we do know is that Shaq didnt have the decency to honor his craft....I clearly remember the story Gary Payton told..and I'm trying to find the article... we we're playing the Spurs and Kobe was giving it to the Spurs but Duncan was countering....they got to a time-out and Shaq was complaining about Duncan and the refs....and Kobe just lost it...he went off on Shaq saying and I quote: "got dammit man slam his fuckin ass in the paint, you got the advantage. i cant do everything." :lol

That told me everything I needed to know about Shaq tbh...and something else we know..before Kobe Shaq got swept in the finals and after Kobe its

Kobe 2
shaq 1

Say what you want about Shaq not needing Kobe to win...because obviously he couldnt win without Kobe....and if AI or Tmac were just as good as Kobe then them niggas should have what Kobe has post Shaq which is 2 rings....case closed

IronMexican
06-07-2015, 06:30 PM
Link the article then.

IronMexican
06-07-2015, 06:32 PM
No way am I saying AI or T Mac were as good as Kobe. AI was a glorifies chucker who got to the finals in an awful East, and T Mac was an injury prone mental midget.

Ask me who would I have kept in 2005 and I am saying Shaq 10 times out of 10.

Koolaid_Man
06-07-2015, 07:02 PM
No way am I saying AI or T Mac were as good as Kobe. AI was a glorifies chucker who got to the finals in an awful East, and T Mac was an injury prone mental midget.

Ask me who would I have kept in 2005 and I am saying Shaq 10 times out of 10.

Then you dont have a clue about basketball or business..no disrespect intended but thats why you're just an average fan and I'm not...you would keep Shaq even after hindsight being 20/20 is down right gut busting laughable....

Shaq proved he was done after Jerry Buss made the right call and chose Kobe...sure Shaq got lucky at the behest of D-whistle getting to the line over 500 times in the finals but after that he reduced himself to a journey man....a once proud most dominant of the league went from team to team begging for handouts just to stay relevant..he left Kobe and got fired from one place after the next..I think it was like 5 teams in 7 yrs...it was just sad..and yet you would have picked him over Kobe post 2005....:lmao

LkrFan
06-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Then you dont have a clue about basketball or business..no disrespect intended but thats why you're just an average fan and I'm not...you would keep Shaq even after hindsight being 20/20 is down right gut busting laughable....

Shaq proved he was done after Jerry Buss made the right call and chose Kobe...sure Shaq got lucky at the behest of D-whistle getting to the line over 500 times in the finals but after that he reduced himself to a journey man....a once proud most dominant of the league went from team to team begging for handouts just to stay relevant..he left Kobe and got fired from one place after the next..I think it was like 5 teams in 7 yrs...it was just sad..and yet you would have picked him over Kobe post 2005....:lmao:lol

IronMexican
06-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Son meme on me even trying to argue with Kool. This fagot can spin things so hard that he said he can see the Lakers being contenders this year.

Koolaid_Man
06-07-2015, 07:31 PM
Son meme on me even trying to argue with Kool. This fagot can spin things so hard that he said he can see the Lakers being contenders this year.

No need to call me faggot..all you had to say was I see your point Kool..you were right and I was wrong..,thats all you had to say..

Arcadian
06-07-2015, 07:32 PM
Interesting analogy, but it doesn't change the fact that Lebron > Kobe. Ultimately, your favorite player still comes out on the shit end of this one.

Duncan > Shaq = Lebron > Kobe.

Koolaid_Man
06-07-2015, 07:34 PM
Interesting analogy, but it doesn't change the fact that Lebron > Kobe. Ultimately, your favorite player still comes out on the shit end of this one.

Duncan > Shaq = Lebron > Kobe.

Provide context or shut the fuck up...

Splits
06-07-2015, 07:45 PM
It's debatable but what we do know is that Shaq didnt have the decency to honor his craft....I clearly remember the story Gary Payton told..and I'm trying to find the article... we we're playing the Spurs and Kobe was giving it to the Spurs but Duncan was countering....they got to a time-out and Shaq was complaining about Duncan and the refs....and Kobe just lost it...he went off on Shaq saying and I quote: "got dammit man slam his fuckin ass in the paint, you got the advantage. i cant do everything." :lol

That told me everything I needed to know about Shaq tbh...and something else we know..before Kobe Shaq got swept in the finals and after Kobe its

Kobe 2
shaq 1

Say what you want about Shaq not needing Kobe to win...because obviously he couldnt win without Kobe....and if AI or Tmac were just as good as Kobe then them niggas should have what Kobe has post Shaq which is 2 rings....case closed

http://i.imgur.com/XTJ1aOz.png