PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to Mathew Dellevadova...

apalisoc_9
06-07-2015, 10:25 PM
In the past, you have seen me compare him to Tony Parker.

Not anymore...

Dellavadova was an absolute stud.

lefty
06-07-2015, 10:28 PM

Not anymore...

Dellavadova was an absolute stud.I agree tbh

CP48107
06-07-2015, 10:43 PM
I agree tbh + 1

Sean Cagney
06-07-2015, 10:44 PM
3-10 and 1-6 threes, very Parker esque if you ask me..... Stud!

RD2191
06-07-2015, 10:48 PM
He actually plays defense though. Curry would of dropped 40 on Parker.

hooperflash
06-07-2015, 10:49 PM
Poor man's Patty Mills, Aussie Aussie Aussie... yada yada.

sexinthatsx
06-07-2015, 10:49 PM

Not anymore...

Should add that to a list of 100 other things you should apologize to and for.

Malik Hairston
06-07-2015, 10:50 PM
:lol true, it was just like when I compared him to Prigioni..absolute insult to Prigs..

SASdynasty!
06-07-2015, 10:51 PM
Deflecting the fact that Curry is a garbage chucker. Noted.

cjw
06-07-2015, 10:55 PM

You forgot the six turnovers. This is all Lebron. Yes, he played some decent D on Curry and reason his +/- is so high is because JR is running the point when he's off.

Patty >> Della

Clipper Nation
06-07-2015, 10:56 PM

Delly also shows up in the clutch in big playoff games. Porker, on the other hand...

http://s5.postimg.org/rcwjg880n/RS_PO_BPM_differentials_worst.png

Sean Cagney
06-07-2015, 10:57 PM

Yeah he can play D, not a stud at all like OP said but he can play some D atleast. Parker sucked last year man, damn.
You forgot the six turnovers. This is all Lebron. Yes, he played some decent D on Curry and reason his +/- is so high is because JR is running the point when he's off.

Patty >> Della
Yeah he does suck, he played some good D I agree but he is a horrible player on O. Lebron is doing this you are correct, his D on Curry though tonight was good.

Clipper Nation
06-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Deflecting the fact that Curry is a garbage chucker. Noted.

5-23 overall and 2-15 from three would be considered a good playoff performance for Porker :lol

HI-FI
06-07-2015, 11:00 PM
Poor man's Patty Mills, Aussie Aussie Aussie... yada yada.
True, I'd still take Patty any day over Della. But both have heart and keep on scrapping, more than I can say about certain PGs.

SASdynasty!
06-07-2015, 11:01 PM
5-23 overall and 2-15 from three would be considered a good playoff performance for Porker :lol
Lol, please don't act like Parker would ever shoot his team out of a game by chucking 3s at that rate. He's never done anything like that in the regular season, much less the Finals.

SASdynasty!
06-07-2015, 11:03 PM
Lol, please don't act like Parker would ever shoot his team out of a game by chucking 3s at that rate. He's never done anything like that in the regular season, much less the Finals.
I still can't get over the airball and terrible pass to literally just hand Cleveland the game. Such a choke. At home no less.

Clipper Nation

He's chucked the Spurs out of entire playoff series, most notably 2006 against the Mavs :lol

Clipper Nation
I still can't get over the airball and terrible pass to literally just hand Cleveland the game. Such a choke. At home no less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oqIUPBzCh4

SASdynasty!
06-07-2015, 11:11 PM
He's chucked the Spurs out of entire playoff series, most notably 2006 against the Mavs :lol
Please don't act like Parker would ever shoot his team out of a game by chucking 3s at that rate.

Clipper Nation
06-07-2015, 11:13 PM
Please don't act like Parker would ever shoot his team out of a game by chucking 3s at that rate.

He's too busy chucking and bricking inefficient long twos to the tune of being the biggest choke artist since Malone.

Ice009
06-07-2015, 11:14 PM

Parker actually played very good defense again Curry in the first meeting during the regular season where the Spurs won on the Warriors home court. He also helped break Curry's 3 pointer made game streak. Curry still hit a 3 tonight. Parker can actually play pretty good defense if he focuses on it. I've seen him do it before. He used to mainly save it for the playoffs, but for some reason he's just been atrocious the last couple of years on that end of the court. He needs to realize that he doesn't need to save it anymore as his team has more offensive options now and he can actually expend more energy on a game to game basis during the regular season and playoffs.

He needs to play defense, that is essential these days with all the great PGs out there. I do not want anyone on the team anymore that is not willing to bust their ass on the defensive end of the court. It's always defense first for me.

SASdynasty!
06-07-2015, 11:16 PM
He's too busy chucking and bricking inefficient long twos to the tune of being the biggest choke artist since Malone.
Lol, Dwayne Wade is on that list! I'm good wih Parker being there with a guy who had one of the greatest Finals performances of all time.

SASdynasty!
06-07-2015, 11:18 PM
Parker actually played very good defense again Curry in the first meeting during the regular season where the Spurs won on the Warriors home court. He also helped break Curry's 3 pointer made game streak. Curry still hit a 3 tonight. Parker can actually play pretty good defense if he focuses on it. I've seen him do it before. He used to mainly save it for the playoffs, but for some reason he's just been atrocious the last couple of years on that end of the court. He needs to realize that he doesn't need to save it anymore as his team has more offensive options now and he can actually expend more energy on a game to game basis during the regular season and playoffs.

He needs to play defense, that is essential these days with all the great PGs out there. I do not want anyone on the team anymore that is not willing to bust their ass on the defensive end of the court. It's always defense first for me.
Hey, don't be posting facts here...all these guys want is to keep telling each other Parker's the worst defender of all time so that they actually start to believe it.

SASdynasty!
06-07-2015, 11:22 PM
Delly also shows up in the clutch in big playoff games. Porker, on the other hand...

http://s5.postimg.org/rcwjg880n/RS_PO_BPM_differentials_worst.png
Hahahaha so to prove Parker is so terrible we're going to put him on a list with a bunch of NBA MVPs (Garnett, Malone, Robinson) and a guy who had one of the greatest Finals of all time (Wade)...and then we're going to sprinkle in players like Gary Payton, Dominique Wilkins, and Kevin Johnson. See how terrible he was! Lol, you guys never cease to amaze me. So just to get this straight, this list is supposed to hurt Parker's reputation right? Hahahahaha, wow.

Clipper Nation
06-07-2015, 11:26 PM
Hahahaha to prove Parker is so terrible we're going to put him on a list with a bunch of NBA MVPs and a guy who had one of the greatest Finals of all time...and then we're going to sprinkle in players like Gary Payton, Dominique Wilkins, and Kevin Johnson. See how terrible he was! Lol, you guys never cease to amaze me. So just to get this straight, this list is supposed to hurt Parker's reputation right? Hahahahaha, wow.

You act like this list is somehow arbitrary and not a rank order of actual statistics. Fact: Malone and Porker are the two biggest choke artists of all time. Payton, Nique, and KJ were all known choke artists themselves. Oh, and Wade was already a tired old shitbag by age 30.

SASdynasty!
06-07-2015, 11:31 PM
You act like this list is somehow arbitrary and not a rank order of actual statistics. Fact: Malone and Porker are the two biggest choke artists of all time. Payton, Nique, and KJ were all known choke artists themselves. Oh, and Wade was already a tired old shitbag by age 30.
The reason all these greats are on the list is because as hard as you would possibly try to discredit these players, the only way to do it is to use the fact that they've played so much in the playoffs against them, thus the actual "pts", not averages...otherwise you would bring in dozens if not hundreds of other players who were obviously way way worse in the playoffs. Malone took Jordan to 6 games twice in the Finals. That's as challenged as Jordan ever was in the Finals. We're talking a multiple MVP guy who is one of the top 3 PFs to ever play the game. And pretty much drug his team to the playoffs every year.

SASdynasty!
06-07-2015, 11:34 PM
Lol, ok if you don't think Wade is an all-time great, I'm not sure what to tell you bro. I just don't know how we could ever talk about playoff chokers and leave the Clippers players off that list. I guess it's helpful for them to never get to the Conference Finals, so they stay off this list? I'm confused.

RD2191
06-07-2015, 11:40 PM

He didnt play d this season so my statement stands.

RD2191
06-07-2015, 11:41 PM

Sean Cagney
06-07-2015, 11:44 PM
Hahahaha so to prove Parker is so terrible we're going to put him on a list with a bunch of NBA MVPs (Garnett, Malone, Robinson) and a guy who had one of the greatest Finals of all time (Wade)...and then we're going to sprinkle in players like Gary Payton, Dominique Wilkins, and Kevin Johnson. See how terrible he was! Lol, you guys never cease to amaze me. So just to get this straight, this list is supposed to hurt Parker's reputation right? Hahahahaha, wow.

GP is on there too, on of the best PG's of his era and a Hall of Famer.

wildchild
06-07-2015, 11:45 PM
A thing that no one cares but what should be the starting lineup for the aussie team this summer? Can Dellavedova play at SG with Patty as PG?

Ice009
06-07-2015, 11:48 PM
He didnt play d this season so my statement stands.

He was atrocious on defense most of this season, but this thread is about Dellevadova's defense and taking a shot at Parker. I'm here to tell you that not only did Parker play just as good defense on Curry in a game this season as Dellevadova did tonight, but he also had a superior offensive game against him in the same game. I'd rate that game as one of Parker's top two or 3 games of the season, so he did show a couple of times this season that he could still play. I just don't know what happened the rest of the season.

Maybe Parker really was hurt, who knows, but I did see him do it a few times this season.

SASdynasty!
06-08-2015, 12:04 AM
He was atrocious on defense most of this season, but this thread is about Dellevadova's defense and taking a shot at Parker. I'm here to tell you that not only did Parker play just as good defense on Curry in a game this season as Dellevadova did tonight, but he also had a superior offensive game against him in the same game. I'd rate that game as one of Parker's top two or 3 games of the season, so he did show a couple of times this season that he could still play. I just don't know what happened the rest of the season.

Maybe Parker really was hurt, who knows, but I did see him do it a few times this season.
Exactly, as bad of a season as Parker had by his own standards, it wasn't like you had other Spurs dropping 30 in games this year.

aussie91
06-08-2015, 01:02 AM
A thing that no one cares but what should be the starting lineup for the aussie team this summer? Can Dellavedova play at SG with Patty as PG?
That was the starting line up in the olympics except patty played more shooting guard and delly played point

wildchild
06-08-2015, 01:25 AM
That was the starting line up in the olympics except patty played more shooting guard and delly played point

Thanks! And please forgive my ignorance about Delly and the rest of the Aussie team, I only remembered Patty as the leading scorer in the Olympics.

therealtruth
06-08-2015, 03:27 AM

If TP gives you that, that's the only thing he's giving you. No hustle, no effort, or crucial offensive rebound.

kobyz
06-08-2015, 04:14 AM
People still going after Apalisoc with his shit...

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-08-2015, 07:40 AM

Held Curry to 5-23 shooting. I would say he made up for his TO's and poor shooting with his defense and hussle. His energy is what sparked the Cavs. Stats don't mean everything all the time.

06-08-2015, 08:16 AM
He's a marginally athletic player that is scrappy and is competing at a high level.

look_at_g_shred
06-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Every championship team has one of these players. Ours is patty mills

cd98
06-08-2015, 11:07 AM
Curry just had an off night. He'll probably score 30 points in the next game. Dellevadova is overrated. He was scrappy, that's it. He's not a starter in this league.

tholdren
06-08-2015, 09:27 PM

Not anymore...

no, he just hustles and plays both ends of the floor, unlike 90% of the NBA due to people wanting to see dunks rather than decent basketball.

ducks
06-08-2015, 11:06 PM
Charles Barkley on Matthew Dellavedova: “Curry will kill that kid in the overall scheme of things”
Kurt Helin Jun 8, 2015, 9:06 PM EDT
14 Comments
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpt yymzm0owq3ndq1ytexytg5ndrkmmjlmtczymfjzwew
AP
Stephen Curry was 0-of-8 shooting when covered by Matthew Dellavedova in Game 2.
Was that about Dellavedova’s defense, or was Stephen Curry just having an off night?
TNT analyst Charles Barkley in the latter group. He was on SiriusXM Bleacher Report Radio channel today with Nicole Zaloumis and Ric Bucher.
“I don’t think he’s a dirty player. I think he’s a hard-working player. And I think people need to slow down giving him so much credit because Steph Curry will kill that kid in the overall scheme of things. He just didn’t make shots last night, and I think that everybody needs to slow their roll. Steph Curry just missed some shots…This notion that he stopped him is just ridiculous. You know, when you are a jump shooter you have good days [and] you have bad days. And Steph had a bad day last night but, listen, Dellavedova wasn’t the reason he was missing shots.”

I’d swear I just read Charles Barkley defending the jump shooting team, but that can’t be true.
Like most things in life, the reality is somewhere in the middle.
Dellavedova did a superb job sticking with Stephen Curry, denying the ball at times, being physical with him and never letting Curry get comfortable and in a rhythm. That said, Curry was 1-of-9 on uncontested looks in Game 2, and we know he is fully capable of draining contested looks. He’s done it all season against the opponent’s best defender.
At some point his shots will fall more often, but if the Cavaliers defense can keep the Warriors team from getting an offensive flow they have a good chance to take the series.

99 Problems
06-09-2015, 03:14 AM
Stefffs late air ball made for a great highlight reel.

apalisoc_9
06-09-2015, 10:32 PM
Sorry...

therealtruth
06-09-2015, 11:06 PM
Can we trade TP for him? He may not be as talented as TP but he plays alot harder.

Malik Hairston
06-10-2015, 01:03 AM
Sorry...

A Delly/Patty PG rotation would be nice for energy/hustle purposes, tbh, can't question the heart of the Aussies..

Spurs9
06-10-2015, 08:57 AM
A Delly/Patty PG rotation would be nice for energy/hustle purposes, tbh, can't question the heart of the Aussies..
Triple aussie threat with big banger :cry

SASdynasty!
06-10-2015, 10:17 AM
Lol, dude is averaging 9.7 PPG and 2.7 APG on significant minutes...and shooting 37%. Lol.

ducks
06-14-2015, 10:09 PM
Bumb

phxspurfan
06-14-2015, 10:12 PM
Patty is better but Delly is tough too

exstatic
06-14-2015, 10:14 PM
Dellevadova is barely a roster quality player. He's Shane Heal, with a chip on his shoulder.

apalisoc_9
06-14-2015, 10:17 PM
Dellevadova is tired tbh..Just like Lebron and every other player in their team..

ducks
06-14-2015, 10:20 PM
Then he bust get in the gym

exstatic
06-14-2015, 10:21 PM
Dellevadova is tired tbh..Just like Lebron and every other player in their team..

Was he tired all year when he shot 37% and barely played?

apalisoc_9
06-14-2015, 10:23 PM
Was he tired all year when he shot 37% and barely played?

Delles role is clear tbh. He's not out there to make baskets..he's there to hustle, he just hasn't be able to do it a similar level as games 2 and 3 because of Fatigue otherwise he'd still look better than Tony..He still looks better than Tony even though he probably has run out of gas.

ducks
06-14-2015, 10:27 PM
David lee has stayed in shape and not played a lot

His pre game coffee routine was stupid

Clipper Nation
06-14-2015, 10:29 PM
David lee has stayed in shape and not played a lot

His pre game coffee routine was stupid
Still better than Porker's pregame four-course meal routine.

ducks
06-14-2015, 10:29 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/6/14/8779763/stephen-curry-crossover-matthew-dellavedova-three-face-warriors-cavaliers-nba-finals

Spur|n|Austin
06-14-2015, 11:28 PM
Still better than Porker's pregame four-course meal routine.

Where'd you read that he ate a large meal before games?

cjw
06-14-2015, 11:33 PM
Della has almost as many turnovers as made baskets this series. CoJo is a much better player than him, let alone the other two Spurs PGs.

Clipper Nation
06-14-2015, 11:43 PM
Where'd you read that he ate a large meal before games?

My source is his fat rolls.

MI21
06-14-2015, 11:45 PM
Dellevadova is barely a roster quality player. He's Shane Heal, with a chip on his shoulder.

That's like saying Russell Westbrook is really similar to Chris Paul, just because they are both black.

Heal was a gunner who couldn't play D and was undersized height and strength wise. Delly can defend at a pretty damn good level, has good size and strength but is disgusting offensively.

apalisoc_9
06-14-2015, 11:46 PM

:lmao

Spur|n|Austin
06-14-2015, 11:50 PM

I know you're smart enough to know that's his shirt not fat. Right?

Clipper Nation
06-15-2015, 12:05 AM
I know you're smart enough to know that's his shirt not fat. Right?

Ah yes, the old "it's the shirt that makes me look fat" excuse. :lol

apalisoc_9
06-15-2015, 12:20 AM
Ah yes, the old "it's the shirt that makes me look fat" excuse. :lol

:lmao

Nathan89
06-15-2015, 12:24 AM
Shouldn't be fat shaming someone who is working out imho