PDA

View Full Version : TRO, Who knows better? You, or Powell?

MannyIsGod
09-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Just wondering.

Marcus Bryant
09-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

MannyIsGod
09-10-2005, 01:22 AM
wouldn't know.

jochhejaam
09-10-2005, 06:15 AM
wouldn't know.

Hmmm...a natural state, that makes it even worse :lol

Vashner
09-10-2005, 08:28 AM
Who what when?

I missed the first part??? Where is it?

jochhejaam
09-10-2005, 08:37 AM
Who what when?

I missed the first part??? Where is it?

:lol I think that's where Marcus's "Cocaine is a hell of a drug" post comes into play.

MannyIsGod
09-10-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm just wondering who knows better, Powell or our own The Ressurected One.

JoePublic
09-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Powell Criticizes Response to Katrina (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/09/AR2005090900729.html)

The Associated Press
Friday, September 9, 2005; 9:49 AM

NEW YORK -- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell criticized the response to Hurricane Katrina, saying "a lot of failures" occurred at all levels of government.

Powell, the highest ranking black official in President Bush's first term, also said he does not believe race was a factor in the slow delivery of relief to the hurricane victims.

NEW YORK -- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell criticized the response to Hurricane Katrina, saying "a lot of failures" occurred at all levels of government.','') ; document.write( technorati.getDisplaySidebar() );
"I think there have been a lot of failures at a lot of levels _ local, state and federal. There was more than enough warning over time about the dangers to New Orleans. Not enough was done," Powell told ABC News' Barbara Walters in an interview to be aired Friday night.

"I don't think advantage was taken of the time that was available to us, and I just don't know why," said Powell, who recently visited storm survivors at Reunion Arena in Dallas.

"I don't think it's racism, I think it's economic," he told Walters.

"When you look at those who weren't able to get out, it should have been a blinding flash of the obvious to everybody that when you order a mandatory evacuation, you can't expect everybody to evacuate on their own.

"These are people who don't have credit cards; only one in 10 families at that economic level in New Orleans have a car. So it wasn't a racial thing _ but poverty disproportionately affects African-Americans in this country. And it happened because they were poor," he said.

In the interview, Powell also said his prewar speech to the United Nations accusing Iraq of harboring weapons of mass destruction was a "blot" on his record.

"I'm the one who presented it to the world, and (it) will always be a part of my record. It was painful. It is painful now," he said.

Powell's presentation to the U.N. in February 2003 lent considerable credibility to Bush's case against Iraq and for going to war to remove Saddam Hussein.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Positioning himself well....

Vashner
09-10-2005, 02:57 PM
The way CNN printed the headline "Powell Slams Katrina Aid"...

Ok for one Powell is a cool cat.. he does not "slam" anything.. it's just cnn
getting all wet over it.

That article does not cover the whole interview.. just the parts democrats like.

What it omits is he keeps.. OVER AND OVER , every time defending the presidents decision to go to war and remove saddam...

ChumpDumper
09-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Of course -- he can't lose the base.

Jelly
09-10-2005, 03:02 PM
I think Powell is an honest, intelligent and honorable man. It's too bad that his reputation has been sullied by the actions of some dishonest cretins in the administration. But to me, he is still a man of great integrity and his words carry a lot of weight.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Manny you and every other regular to the political forum knows that TRO thinks he's the human incarnation of Infallible Conservatism.

The Ressurrected One
09-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Just wondering.
That would depend on the topic, I suppose...