PDA

View Full Version : Sweeping Lebron isn't as easy as it looks

SASdynasty!
06-07-2015, 10:58 PM
But don't ask Tony Parker about that. He would probably tell you it's easy. Ask someone like Steph Curry.

cjw
06-07-2015, 11:00 PM
As bad as that '07 Cleveland team was, it may have been better than this one.

Clipper Nation
06-07-2015, 11:02 PM
Just shows how great Duncan, Bowen, Manu, Finley, Oberto, Horry, Barry, Elson, Vaughn, Bonner and Beno were.

TheGreatYacht
06-07-2015, 11:03 PM
Bowen :cry

Someone who can actually stop Lebron from averaging a triple double

SASdynasty!
06-07-2015, 11:04 PM
Agree 100%

SASdynasty!
06-07-2015, 11:04 PM
Just shows how great Duncan, Bowen, Manu, Finley, Oberto, Horry, Barry, Elson, Vaughn, Bonner and Beno were.
Hahahahahahahahaha! You put Elson and not Ginobili? You're a certain kind of special.

TampaDude
06-07-2015, 11:05 PM
Yup...props to the Cavs for winning their first NBA Finals game EVER. :toast

ElNono
06-07-2015, 11:06 PM

Yeah, one of his finest series, tbh...

Richie
06-07-2015, 11:06 PM
This Cavs team is worse than '07, Warriors being taken to OT twice is ridiculous.

Clipper Nation
06-07-2015, 11:07 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha! You put Elson and not Ginobili? You're a certain kind of special.

Who's special again?

TheGreatYacht
06-07-2015, 11:07 PM
Yeah, one of his finest series, tbh...
Couldn't shoot free throws, but always stepped up if a championship was on the line :toast

ElNono
06-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Couldn't shoot free throws, but always stepped up if a championship was on the line :toast

Didn't like the Spurs trading him a couple years later... especially for that choker RJ, tbh

TheGreatYacht
06-07-2015, 11:14 PM
Didn't like the Spurs trading him a couple years later... especially for that choker RJ, tbh
Drunkenholzer and Popawinecap manipulated RC, imo

BatManu20
06-07-2015, 11:20 PM
I'd argue that this Cavs team w/o Kyrie and Love is worse than the '07 team, or at least right on par with it. Mosgov had a big night for them tonight in the first half, and Dellavedova was the unsung hero tonight, but with JR Smith being a huge liability, and not a single other player to able to consistently create their own shot other than Lebron, this team is really limited offensively. They're going to have to play outstanding defense like they did tonight in every single game to have a chance. and if Lebron has one off game, they're done.

Malik Hairston
06-07-2015, 11:22 PM
The 2007 Cavs were +500 or +600 in Vegas for that series(Top 4 or 5 underdog in Finals history)..even after losing game 1 and Irving, these Cavs are +420 to win..

SASdynasty!
06-07-2015, 11:26 PM
The 2007 Cavs were +500 or +600 in Vegas for that series(Top 4 or 5 underdog in Finals history)..even after losing game 1 and Irving, these Cavs are +420 to win..
Lol, when Vegas odds are you're only argument, you know you don't have a good case.

adonis827
06-07-2015, 11:39 PM
It should be wins for GS from now on

Ice009
06-07-2015, 11:39 PM

I actually thought that there was an agreement in place for him to actually come back. You know, something said like this "Bruce, we just need your salary to make the trade, is that OK with you? We definitely want you back". I was disgusted with the trade after he didn't come back.

SASdynasty!
06-07-2015, 11:44 PM
It should be wins for GS from now on
If GS can't win a game in regulation at home, who knows what can happen?

Malik Hairston
06-08-2015, 12:12 AM
Lol, when Vegas odds are you're only argument, you know you don't have a good case.

Why? That doesn't make sense, that's by far the best method to gauge the level of an underdog/favorite:lol..Vegas' odds aren't affected by personal biases..they're slightly influenced by popularity and casual fans like yourself(people that use PPG, etc) after they place their bets that could ultimately move the line, but only after the opening line is released..

pgardn
06-08-2015, 12:20 AM
We also beat him 4 in a row last season.

Sean Cagney
06-08-2015, 12:28 AM

Favored to win the series still??? I should take that bet.
We also beat him 4 in a row last season.

3 in a row it was... Lost game 2.

baseline bum
06-08-2015, 12:31 AM

No way, even minus Irving and Love the supporting unit of Mozgov, Thompson, and Shumpert is better than what he had in 07, even factoring in how much JR Smith drags them down.

therealtruth
06-08-2015, 12:37 AM
Are you serious. Lebron is a much better player than then. Not that I don't think Warriors shouldn't sweep but they've got to play their best defense against Lebron.

baseline bum
06-08-2015, 12:39 AM
Are you serious. Lebron is a much better player than then. Not that I don't think Warriors shouldn't sweep but they've got to play their best defense against Lebron.

Much better? Did you miss that Game 5 in Detroit?

aal04
06-08-2015, 12:48 AM
We would have beaten this warriors team this year with this years Spurs team 4-1.

Clippers was the only team i didnt want to face.

Darius Bieber
06-08-2015, 12:49 AM

If I recall correctly, being +420 means you are the underdog. You are favored to win if you are negative.

Sean Cagney
06-08-2015, 01:01 AM
If I recall correctly, being +420 means you are the underdog. You are favored to win if you are negative.

Your right man, damn. I was hoping they would be favored to win so I could go bet and get some money.
We would have beaten this warriors team this year with this years Spurs team 4-1.

Clippers was the only team i didnt want to face.

I wouldn't be so sure about 4-1 with the way the Spurs played this year (Not consistent at all) but I agree that first round match up for the Spurs sucked. That was one of the worst match ups they could draw and they did it. The old what ifs though will never be proven. I think they could have beaten them, but would they? No clue this year.

sexinthatsx
06-08-2015, 04:14 AM
No way, even minus Irving and Love the supporting unit of Mozgov, Thompson, and Shumpert is better than what he had in 07, even factoring in how much JR Smith drags them down.

It's close, but I disagree.

2007 Cavs had:
-an emerging Daniel Gibson
-Larry Hughes (15 points, 4, rebounds, 4 assists on the season)
-Big Z (12 points, 7 rebounds on the season)
-Anderson Varejao (7 points, 7 rebounds on the season / good defender)
-Drew Gooden (11 points, 8 rebounds on the season)
-Sasha Pavlovic (9 points, 3 point shooter)
all of whom were playing during the finals.

2015 Cavs have the following active players:
-Timofey Mozgov (the only Center who isn't injured on the Cavs roster - 10 points 7 rebounds on the season)
-Tristan Thompson (decent offensive rebounder but can't score for beans - 8 points 8 rebounds on the season)
-Dellavedova (5 points per game plug-in guard for the injured Kyrie)
-JR Smith (streaky 3 point shooter averaging about 13 points a game)
-Shumpert (good defending guard, but pretty much useless on the offensive end)
-James Jones (who was on the bench for most of the season and some playoff games)
-a hobbled Mike Miller (who sat out a lot of regular season and playoff games)

2007 was definitely the better team.

daslicer
06-08-2015, 08:16 AM
Hard to say which team was better '07 or now its pretty close but what's different is that back in '07 Lebron had no post game. He was easier to defend because his jumper was terrible back then and he had 0 post up game.

pgardn
06-08-2015, 08:35 AM

3 in a row it was... Lost game 2.

I stand corrected sir.

SASdynasty!
06-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Hard to say which team was better '07 or now its pretty close but what's different is that back in '07 Lebron had no post game. He was easier to defend because his jumper was terrible back then and he had 0 post up game.
Maybe in terms of versatility, but what he did against Detroit (a really good defensive team) was otherworldly. When he was on (in '07), there was no one stopping him.

baseline bum
06-08-2015, 09:00 AM

2007 Cavs had:

-Timofey Mozgov (the only Center who isn't injured on the Cavs roster - 10 points 7 rebounds on the season)
-Tristan Thompson (decent offensive rebounder but can't score for beans - 8 points 8 rebounds on the season)
-James Jones (who was on the bench for most of the season and some playoff games)

Larry Hughes? :lol

That nigga had 2 points in 44 minutes the entire Finals on 1-10 shooting.

baseline bum
06-08-2015, 09:06 AM
And Shumpert may be useless on the offensive end, but Pavlovic is useless on both ends of the floor. Gibson got hot in the ECF and still gets overrated like hell for that. I'll take Dellevadova. Pretty sure I never saw Boobie Gibson shut down the MVP. Thompson vs Young Varejao is a wash, they're pretty similar. Big Z could shoot, but Mozgov has a reasonable midrange shot and he can actually move, so give me Timofey. And Gooden? Have you ever watched Drew Gooden and thought, man this guy is really winning the game for us? Don't count his time at Kansas. :lol

06-08-2015, 09:20 AM

Maybe, Maybe not.

The biggest difference is a more experienced LBJ than the one who was tasting the NBA Finals for the first time.

Proxy
06-08-2015, 09:59 AM
are we assuming Lebron was in his prime by 07?

cd98
06-08-2015, 10:25 AM

2007 Cavs had:

It's arguable which Lebron team had the better cast, but no question Lebron is way better now than he was in 2007, and he is making his current teammates better.

unleashbaynes
06-08-2015, 10:34 AM

there's a reason vegas wins so much money ya dipshit. they know what they're doing.

Dex
06-08-2015, 10:48 AM
This Cavs team is worse than '07, Warriors being taken to OT twice is ridiculous.

The bright lights may finally be getting to the Warriors. The general argument against their perimeter style of play is that it's not built to over four seven-game series. Eventually the defenses adjust and get tougher, the crowds get louder, and the pressure gets magnified. If all those bullshit 2K shots that the Splash Brothers chuck up start drawing iron, it quickly evens the playing field between them and the Cavs.

PingPong
06-08-2015, 11:00 AM
If LeBron didn't missed that clutch shoot, the Warrriors should be in the verge of being swept. Lol Splash Brothers.

cd98
06-08-2015, 11:06 AM
TBH, Curry was just off. He did fine in the first game. He'll rebound. Spurs split at home last year and then ran the table in Miami. No reason that Kerr can't figure out how to get the ball moving and run Cavs out of the building. This Cavs team is not that good.

Skull-1
06-08-2015, 05:26 PM

BatManu20
06-08-2015, 05:29 PM
are we assuming Lebron was in his prime by 07?

'15 Lebron >>> '07 Lebron, obv.

sexinthatsx
06-08-2015, 07:03 PM
And Shumpert may be useless on the offensive end, but Pavlovic is useless on both ends of the floor. Gibson got hot in the ECF and still gets overrated like hell for that. I'll take Dellevadova. Pretty sure I never saw Boobie Gibson shut down the MVP. Thompson vs Young Varejao is a wash, they're pretty similar. Big Z could shoot, but Mozgov has a reasonable midrange shot and he can actually move, so give me Timofey. And Gooden? Have you ever watched Drew Gooden and thought, man this guy is really winning the game for us? Don't count his time at Kansas. :lol

You have to take into account that these players in the 2015 finals are playing because of a lack of other minutes from other players; of course their statistics are going to be inflated for it. 07 had fresh players coming off the bench when the starters needed to rest; Dellavedova is playing pretty much the whole game. Same with Timofey and Tristan Thompson because there is no other player with fresh legs that can come in and substitute for them. That automatically makes the 2015 team so much worse off than 2007.

Proxy
06-08-2015, 11:30 PM
'15 Lebron >>> '07 Lebron, obv.

tbqh