PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Why the hate on Steph Curry?

dg7md
06-08-2015, 01:38 AM
I see it a lot here, but this NBA board is a ridiculous place as a whole with hatred being slugged around like nothing — so maybe I'm over-analyzing.

But, seriously, why the hate? He's a good role model for younger kids, doesn't have a bad history with crime like a lot of other NBA stars in the past, and he's exciting and remarkable to watch as a skilled player.

Aside from "LOL WARRIORS SUCK", I don't see a lot of reason to hate the guy, seems like a lot of Spursfans are upset here and taking it out on someone who is probably the best star that has next to no grime on his resume.

06-08-2015, 02:02 AM
Spurs fan always want to hate the next up and coming team (:cry chimpbrook beats his chest after a dunk, :cry Steph celebrates like won the championship after every 3, etc) but I actually like him. He's very overrated though. He wasn't the MVP this season either. (harden)

kamikazi_player
06-08-2015, 02:26 AM
I see it a lot here, but this NBA board is a ridiculous place as a whole with hatred being slugged around like nothing — so maybe I'm over-analyzing.

But, seriously, why the hate? He's a good role model for younger kids, doesn't have a bad history with crime like a lot of other NBA stars in the past, and he's exciting and remarkable to watch as a skilled player.

Aside from "LOL WARRIORS SUCK", I don't see a lot of reason to hate the guy, seems like a lot of Spursfans are upset here and taking it out on someone who is probably the best star that has next to no grime on his resume.

It happens with every basketball player, there's always gonna be someone who hates professional basketball players. Anthony Davis is liked right now, but give it a few years and the haters will be showing up criticizing him to no end. It's sad but true. So much hate online

ezau
06-08-2015, 02:28 AM

Curry fans are a little salty today, tbh. :lol

Infinite_limit
06-08-2015, 02:29 AM
He's a chucker. As is most of his generation. Those shot attempts were embarrassing.

spurraider21
06-08-2015, 02:52 AM
people here hate him because he chews his mouthpiece. seriously

dg7md
06-08-2015, 06:27 AM
He's a chucker. As is most of his generation. Those shot attempts were embarrassing.

That's faulty logic to me. Who, in the NBA, was ever a great shooter that wasn't ever a "chucker"? Sometimes you'll get shots that make it in and sometimes you won't: it happens to the best of them. To me, a "chucker" is someone who consistently gets less shots in than out, and Curry has had an historically great season and to compare him to players like Marbury and others who were well-known at throwing up shots and blanking them is insulting to the game of basketball.

He had a bad game, yes, but to think that one game encapsulates his style of play is wrong — he is usually a great shooter as opposed to one who just throws up shots that don't make it in.

Clipper Nation
06-08-2015, 07:33 AM
He's a faggot who gets blindly worshipped by the media and casual fans when he hasn't won anything yet.

DMC
06-08-2015, 08:02 AM
No one here hates him. We take shots at everyone given the opportunity. The fluffing section is upstairs.

hitmanyr2k
06-08-2015, 11:08 AM
That's faulty logic to me. Who, in the NBA, was ever a great shooter that wasn't ever a "chucker"? Sometimes you'll get shots that make it in and sometimes you won't: it happens to the best of them. To me, a "chucker" is someone who consistently gets less shots in than out, and Curry has had an historically great season and to compare him to players like Marbury and others who were well-known at throwing up shots and blanking them is insulting to the game of basketball.

He had a bad game, yes, but to think that one game encapsulates his style of play is wrong — he is usually a great shooter as opposed to one who just throws up shots that don't make it in.

Steve Nash instantly came to mind. Great shooter but rarely forced as many dumbass threes early in the shot clock like Curry and also had one of the best midrange games I've ever seen from a point guard. To me a chucker takes dumb shots at ill-advised times without even thinking of running a play or getting someone else a shot. Their mind is already made up that they're going to launch it as soon as they have daylight. Curry strikes me as that kind of player.

StrengthAndHonor
06-08-2015, 11:26 AM
No one here hates him. We take shots at everyone given the opportunity. The fluffing section is upstairs.

hater
06-08-2015, 11:29 AM
Elian gonzales that's why.

If you hated that Cuban little piece of shut you hate Stephon Cummy too :lol

Silver&Black
06-08-2015, 01:12 PM
Because he's 10,000x better than our PG right now

RD2191
06-08-2015, 01:14 PM
He's a faggot who gets blindly worshipped by the media and casual fans when he hasn't won anything yet.

Thread
06-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Because he's 10,000x better than our PG right now

:rolleyes

Silver&Black
06-08-2015, 01:20 PM
:rolleyes

Convince me I'm wrong.

Malik Hairston
06-08-2015, 01:22 PM
I don't hate Curry, at all, but I dislike how beloved he is by the media, simply because he's light-skinned and appeals to the average White fan, tbh..

See: Their attitude towards Russ..

baseline bum
06-08-2015, 01:24 PM
I don't hate Curry, at all, but I dislike how beloved he is by the media, simply because he's light-skinned and appeals to the average White fan, tbh..

No fucking shit, nigga shoots 5-23 and the media isn't saying shit. They'd be ready to hang James from a tree if he did that last night.

Thread
Convince me I'm wrong.

Because your PG finished 4 times. This PG is on the edge of the abyss,,,and hasn't a clue how to keep from getting pushed over.

How the fuck you can side Curry is mind numbing.

Seventyniner
Curry absolutely has the same mindset attributed to most chuckers. So did Michael Jordan. What separates Jordan, and to a lesser extent Curry, is that they have the talent and system around them to make being such a high-usage player into a positive for their team.

Thread
06-08-2015, 01:25 PM
No fucking shit, nigga shoots 5-23 and the media isn't saying shit. They'd be ready to hang James from a tree if he did that last night.

Now wait a fuckin' minute...James caught his own jump ball last nite and I ain't heard a peep about that since the game ended.

hooperflash
06-08-2015, 01:27 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol

http://youtu.be/bP5rOnUKHMk

Budkin
06-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Maybe it's because he chows down on his mouth guard all game.

da_suns_fan
06-08-2015, 01:32 PM
people here hate him because he chews his mouthpiece. seriously

That is annoying.

His gestures to the home crowd are reminiscent of Reggie Miller. He comes off as a bit douchey.

And I dont care what anyone says, its extremely un-professional to bring your kid to a post game news conference. I dont care who you are, show some respect to the beat writers who will be up till 2 am trying to get their stories out.

Infinite_limit
06-08-2015, 01:34 PM
Curry absolutely has the same mindset attributed to most chuckers. So did Michael Jordan. What separates Jordan, and to a lesser extent Curry, is that they have the talent and system around them to make being such a high-usage player into a positive for their team.
Here is the main difference between Curry and Jordan chucking

- MJ always had proper form and played the situation correctly [Enabling his teammates to rebound]. He was confident in his skill set and teammates. He didn't resort to trying to trick the opponent with quick shots. Some of those chucks yesterday were mind blowing. The quick shot/alley oop toss was a head scratcher

Silver&Black
06-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Because your PG finished 4 times. This PG is on the edge of the abyss,,,and hasn't a clue how to keep from getting pushed over.

How the fuck you can side Curry is mind numbing.

I guess you missed the whole "right now" part of my post.....

I know 4>0....that's easy math. But, "right now" Curry is 10,000x better than Parker.

RD2191
06-08-2015, 01:36 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol

http://youtu.be/bP5rOnUKHMk
:lmao

Phillip
06-08-2015, 01:37 PM
He's very overrated though. He wasn't the MVP this season either. (harden)

lol calling steph overrated then saying harden should have been mvp is about as retarded as it gets. Harden is the epitome of overrated.

Infinite_limit
06-08-2015, 03:47 PM
That was the worst Finals performance by a current MVP since?

hater
06-08-2015, 03:55 PM
That was the worst Finals performance by a current MVP since?

lebron game 6 of 2013 tbh

6 TOs and plenty of bricks. Only to be bailed out by Ray Allen

Arcadian
06-08-2015, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I don't know. I think a lot of people feel like he's not as good as people say he is, so now he deserves to get shit on.

Not really surprising, given that he just set an NBA Finals record for missed 3s. I mean, you have to admit that's pretty ironic for the guy who won the 3-point shooting contest, had one of the greatest shooting seasons of all time, and was MVP of the league. :lol Come on.

Splits
06-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Because 99% of the posters here are on the "PG-led teams can never win a ring" bandwagon.

Also too, he's a fucking douche.

hater
06-08-2015, 04:00 PM
"papa yo no quiero volver a Cuba"

That little shit Elian got his ass handed to him and I hope Stephon Cummy does likewise :lol

Thread
06-08-2015, 04:03 PM
"papa yo no quiero volver a Cuba"

That little shit Elian got his ass handed to him and I hope Stephon Cummy does likewise :lol

Remember his Great Uncle leanin' against the tree in the backyard watching little Elian playing in the swing set? Good shit.

Kool Bob Love
06-08-2015, 05:42 PM

Turn in you Spurs fan card ASAP. Go hop on the Warriors bandwagon already.

DMC
06-08-2015, 06:07 PM
This is the hate forum. I think it's rubbed off on me. My phone says "Can't reach Google at the moment" and I'll say "what do you mean you can't reach Google you fucking faggot?" then I look around and hope no one heard me lol

UZER
06-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Curry has brought posing and slow walking after every shot to the nba game. Dude poses after shots in the middle of the second qtr. it's like nfl players getting up with a celebratory dance after a tackle on a guy that just got three yards on a 1 & 10 in the 1st qtr.

Now it's infecting other players and shits getting old. Or I'm getting old. Not quite sure at this point.

Thread
06-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Curry has brought posing and slow walking after every shot to the nba game. Dude poses after shots in the middle of the second qtr. it's like nfl players getting up with a celebratory dance after a tackle on a guy that just got three yards on a 1 & 10 in the 1st qtr.

Now it's infecting other players and shits getting old. Or I'm getting old. Not quite sure at this point.

This shit has been going on for decades, Ooze. Now, NOW, now you're gonna take exception. Now? The infection you reference infected him, he ain't the host.

That is why Dova is a revelation. We'll see though,,,if he rings, we'll see if he fights off the infection, or, injects himself voluntarily.

Infinite_limit
06-08-2015, 06:54 PM
lebron game 6 of 2013 tbh

6 TOs and plenty of bricks. Only to be bailed out by Ray Allen
James line was
11 of 26
1-5 from 3
10 TRB
11 AST
6 turnovers
32 points

Curry last night
5 of 23
2-15 from 3
6 TRB
5 AST
6 turnovers
19 points

Curry was worst

06-08-2015, 07:21 PM
lol calling steph overrated then saying harden should have been mvp is about as retarded as it gets. Harden is the epitome of overrated.

I'm not a fan if Harden but during the RS Harden was the MVP.

DMC
06-08-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm not a fan if Harden but during the RS Harden was the MVP.
No he wasn't. That would be Lebron James. Going from missing the playoffs 4 consecutive years to 2nd seed in the East proves it, and if that doesn't get it, him sweeping the Hawks single handed should.

Infinite_limit
06-08-2015, 07:56 PM
No he wasn't. That would be Lebron James. Going from missing the playoffs 4 consecutive years to 2nd seed in the East proves it, and if that doesn't get it, him sweeping the Hawks single handed should.
Harden is more valuable to the Rockets. Who takes over the reigns? Terry or Josh Smith [Yikes]

Cavs still had Irving/Love and completely reconstructed their roster adding talent

DMC
06-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Harden is more valuable to the Rockets. Who takes over the reigns? Terry or Josh Smith [Yikes]

Cavs still had Irving/Love and completely reconstructed their roster adding talent

Fuck the Rockets. They shit the bed and mostly Harden. Valuable my ass.

You mean the same Terry and Smith who prevented the Rockets from being destroyed? Those scrubs? The ones who came back from a 19pt deficit while bearded faggot was sitting on his ass near the bench? That Harden/those scrubs?

dg7md
06-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Turn in you Spurs fan card ASAP. Go hop on the Warriors bandwagon already.

:lol

Don't be insane. I've been a Spurs fan since I knew what basketball was. I just love to watch good basketball in general and all season long the Warriors were the best team.

I got connections to the area too, so it's just nice to see this fanbase get something good for once.

Phillip
06-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Harden is more valuable to the Rockets. Who takes over the reigns? Terry or Josh Smith

You are a moron. They still had Dwight, who happened to be a centerpiece of a team that he led to a Finals appearance.

Incorrect. They only had Irving. Love came after Lebron was on board.

Beaverfuzz
06-08-2015, 09:40 PM
Sebastian >>> Steph

UZER
06-08-2015, 09:53 PM
This shit has been going on for decades, Ooze. Now, NOW, now you're gonna take exception. Now? The infection you reference infected him, he ain't the host.

That is why Dova is a revelation. We'll see though,,,if he rings, we'll see if he fights off the infection, or, injects himself voluntarily.

No cully it hasn't. Sure guys have done it every now then, but not every damn shot like nowadays.

Thread
06-08-2015, 09:56 PM
No cully it hasn't. Sure guys have done it every now then, but not every damn shot like nowadays.

He's just trying to outasshole the last asshole. There is no sense in trying to dam up that river, Ooze, you'll drown yourself & me in the bargain.

It's over.

UZER
06-08-2015, 10:06 PM
He's just trying to outasshole the last asshole. There is no sense in trying to dam up that river, Ooze, you'll drown yourself & me in the bargain.

It's over.

That's why I said, it's just me getting old.

Tuddy
06-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Jordan could actually finish at the rim. Pretty big difference

Thread
06-08-2015, 10:37 PM
Jordan could actually finish at the rim. Pretty big difference

And that was that. Nothing we could do about. Some greaseball shit.

MultiTroll
06-08-2015, 11:17 PM

ezau
06-08-2015, 11:41 PM
Steph Curry is a more efficient version of Allen Iverson. Too bad he's facing a tougher and smarter version of Tyronn Lue in Dellavedova. :lol

AlexJones
06-09-2015, 12:03 AM

Harden and Russ would be publicly lynched tbh

The media literally didn't say a damn word when Harden put up 45 on 13/22, 7/11, 12/13 in game 4 :lmao That was the best individual performance in the playoffs up until that point.

DMC
06-09-2015, 12:06 AM
If Curry has another night like that in Cleveland in game 3, the media will begin to turn on him. One game is allowed, don't want to look like idiots for voting him MVP after all while James was making movies in Miami.

Thread
06-09-2015, 12:10 AM
If Curry has another night like that in Cleveland in game 3, the media will begin to turn on him. One game is allowed, don't want to look like idiots for voting him MVP after all while James was making movies in Miami.

D's first sober & cogent point in like a month of Sundays.

06-09-2015, 01:32 AM
I dislike how his family is shown a half dozen times every game.

For god sakes, his dad wasn't even a HOF player and his mother is severely overrated as a hot woman.

Thread
06-09-2015, 06:24 AM
I dislike how his family is shown a half dozen times every game.

For god sakes, his dad wasn't even a HOF player and his mother is severely overrated as a hot woman.

Please. When your people weren't hopping into bed with each other's husbands & wives & running to TMZ they showed Parker's wife & Duncan's wife all the time + Barry's wife in that juicy little blue teddy...bitch. I searched Scottsdale high & low for that damn thing, finally found it. Girl wouldn't wear it & I busted thru it. 50 bucks for nothing. It's here somewhere.

Killakobe81
06-09-2015, 07:45 AM
This is the hate forum. I think it's rubbed off on me. My phone says "Can't reach Google at the moment" and I'll say "what do you mean you can't reach Google you fucking faggot?" then I look around and hope no one heard me lol

LOL

da_suns_fan
06-09-2015, 08:54 AM

The MVP award is and always will be simply "player of the year".

The throw the word "valuable" in there to add ambiguity but the "player of the year" usually wins it.

Malik Hairston
06-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Curry's value has actually been even more evident than usual in the playoffs, tbh..the Warriors being a "stacked" team has become a really vanilla take..they have a lot of good to great role players and Thompson is a good #3 guy on a title team, but they struggle immensely when Curry isn't dominant..

Clipper Nation
06-09-2015, 10:38 AM
The MVP award is and always will be simply "player of the year".

The throw the word "valuable" in there to add ambiguity but the "player of the year" usually wins it.
LeBron is the player of every year since he entered the league. Your boy Steve Trash needs to fork over those MVPs.

Killakobe81
06-09-2015, 10:41 AM
LeBron is the player of every year since he entered the league. Your boy Steve Trash needs to fork over those MVPs.

Nah. Lebron wa s the best talent but it took him a few years to truly earn the status you claim ...

hitmanyr2k
06-09-2015, 11:00 AM

In '06 Nash did as much with cast off teammates as anyone in a much tougher conference. Lost Amare for the year. Lost Joe Johnson to free agency and still lead a very injured, rag tag bunch to the WCF where they were very competitive with the Mavs. I had no problem with him winning MVP in '06.

MultiTroll
06-09-2015, 11:09 AM
Timmy Dunks was the MVP thru 2007 when he handed it off to LeBron.
Pull your heads out of your asses.

Thread
06-09-2015, 12:38 PM
Nah. Lebron wa s the best talent but it took him a few years to truly earn the status you claim ...

...Amy, wandering in heavily disgruntled made him as well.