PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Pippen + Rodman would monkey-stomp the current NBA

Infinite_limit
06-08-2015, 02:31 AM
This is helping the Spurs legacy

ezau
06-08-2015, 02:36 AM
I have to agree, but then again, both Pip and Rodman are all-time greats. They would monkey-stomp anyone in any era.

Infinite_limit
06-08-2015, 02:41 AM
I have to agree, but then again, both Pip and Rodman are all-time greats. They would monkey-stomp anyone in any era.
You think '96 Rodman puts the 1994 Bulls over Hakeem?

ezau
06-08-2015, 02:51 AM
You think '96 Rodman puts the 1994 Bulls over Hakeem?

Without Jordan? NO. If they have Jordan though, it gets interesting. Rodman struggled against Malone in 96 and 97, and we all know prime Hakeem was light years ahead of Malone. Hakeem will get his, but Pippen and Jordan would shut down Maxwell, Elie, and Smith.

Malik Hairston
06-08-2015, 03:10 AM
:lol Bulls' Rodman would be widely ridiculed in the social media era, tbh..

TDMVPDPOY
06-08-2015, 06:26 AM
lol 96 rodman

if 94 rodman didnt even want to defend or help double hakeem, what makes you think 96 rodman will? dude is a fkn clown

dg7md
06-08-2015, 06:32 AM
I'll take nearly any athlete of 2015 to any back in the 1990s.

They were great no doubt, but come on, let's consider the eras and the differences before we start throwing out that sort of claim.

Pippen is an all-time great who would likely still be very impactful in today's game, but thinking they could just run amok in the league is just not correct. Pippen never dominated that much (still needed Jordan) in the era he was a top 10 player in, and Rodman was inconsistent and a headcase, not exactly someone you see taking over the league.

lefty
06-08-2015, 06:34 AM
Chilcutt would average 20 ppg in today's NBA

TDMVPDPOY
06-08-2015, 07:07 AM

They were great no doubt, but come on, let's consider the eras and the differences before we start throwing out that sort of claim.

Pippen is an all-time great who would likely still be very impactful in today's game, but thinking they could just run amok in the league is just not correct. Pippen never dominated that much (still needed Jordan) in the era he was a top 10 player in, and Rodman was inconsistent and a headcase, not exactly someone you see taking over the league.

prime pippen needs more offense if he is to run amok in todays league

hitmanyr2k
06-08-2015, 08:12 AM

The NBA as it is currently is tailor-made for Pippen to be much more effective offensively with his superior skill set. Today's game has more spacing for offensive players to operate, is more uptempo, and there are hardly any legit defensive bigs in the paint along with that ridiculous defensive 3 second rule. Those aspects play to Pippen's strengths as a player. I'm trying to think of a reason why he would have a harder time scoring today and not one thing is coming to mind. I watch Jimmy Butler, who's not even in the same stratosphere of Pippen skill-wise or athletically, average 20 a night these days with the Bulls.

ezau
06-08-2015, 08:33 AM

Pippen will terrorize opposing teams' best perimeter players. Think of a Kawhi Leonard with better offensive skills. It will not bode well for the Currys, Thompsons, and even Lebrons of the world if prime Pippen were playing today. Rodman, on the other hand, would be a huge offensive liability. Teams with big men who can shoot can easily force Rodman to come out of the perimeter, which will negate his rebounding prowess.