PDA

View Full Version : PTR: Latest on The Spurs Stashed Prospects

BillMc
06-09-2015, 05:29 AM
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015/6/8/8744015/deshaun-thomas-davis-bertans-adam-hanga-spurs

Nice update by Jesus Gomez.

BillMc
06-09-2015, 05:33 AM
Sounds like Gomez expects that we'll see Bertans someday, though it may be a while. Tall red-headed white guy who is an outside shooter. Sounds like the eventual Bonner replacement to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwgmgFyn4I4

Go Latvia!
(It's 1:32 P.M. Riga time for those who miss the old updates. :hat)

spursparker9
06-09-2015, 07:49 AM
Forget about them

They are trashes tbh

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-09-2015, 07:55 AM
Don't think too highly of them.

LJC probably has the best chance since he's a 1st round pick, but he's at least two years away. Not sure he's worth the roster spot right now. Same for Dangubic.

Bertans obviously is the most talented by far and hope these injuries he's had don't ruin him. He'll always have his nice shot, but can he be more than a Steve Novak in the NBA?

Thomas might have a chance if he impresses in summer league, but I don't think he has the shot or defense to be even a 5th wing.

No chance for Denmon and Hanga at all.

MultiTroll
06-09-2015, 07:58 AM
Sounds like the eventual Bonner replacement to me...
:rollin

Altho in PopWorld that is not a joke. :depressed

gambit1990
06-09-2015, 08:30 AM
bertans will be much better than bonner/novak. as long as doesn't keep hurting his acl or whatever.

Uriel
06-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Sounds like Gomez expects that we'll see Bertans someday, though it may be a while. Tall red-headed white guy who is an outside shooter. Sounds like the eventual Bonner replacement to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwgmgFyn4I4

Go Latvia!
(It's 1:32 P.M. Riga time for those who miss the old updates. :hat)
Bertans is a 3, not a 4. A fairer NBA comparison would be Peja Stojakovic.

Chinook
06-09-2015, 11:50 AM
LJC is the obvious choice. Bertans is one more bad season away from missing his window. Thomas is the most productive, so he may well force his way onto the roster soon.. Denmon is the biggest need, but he hasn't developed at all. Hanga has missed the window, and Dangubic is probably gonna miss his window even though it just opened.

DJR210
06-09-2015, 06:31 PM
I think Bertans is headed down the Javtokas route tbh, even if he's only 22.. 2 ACL injuries is pretty significant. I like DeShaun Thomas.. he played with some balls and wasn't afraid to put up a shot before he was shipped overseas. I haven't followed much overseas, but I'm hoping he is continuing to develop.

exstatic
06-09-2015, 07:38 PM
They all have drawbacks.

LJC comes off rookie scale if not brought over this year. If he blows up, he can demand what he wants, and we'd need cap room to sign him.
Bertans has fragile knee ligaments. Nuff said.
Thomas had worse draft combine agility and sprint numbers than a 275 lb DeJuan Blair. He'll never be able to guard NBA wings.

DJR210
06-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Thomas had worse draft combine agility and sprint numbers than a 275 lb DeJuan Blair.

:lol