PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: If Curry struggles again tonight..

Malik Hairston
06-09-2015, 10:05 AM
Would it be safe to say that the potential head injury/severe fall he took changed everything, tbh? Hasn't been able to shoot like we're accustomed to seeing from him since it happened IIRC..

RsxPiimp
06-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Nah, he also had 2 awful games against Memphis. People were also questioning his shooting touch but he bounced back.

06-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Completely forgot about that tbh

Killakobe81
06-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Interesting theory. I expect a big game ...

Malik Hairston
06-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Nah, he also had 2 awful games against Memphis. People were also questioning his shooting touch but he bounced back.

It has been 3.5 games now where he has struggled(since the injury in the 1st half of the Rockets game) and is shooting 26/73 from the field and 10/36 from 3..

If he struggles tonight, that will be 4.5 games where he has struggled since the injury, a player that has been dominant all year against any and every defense, tbh..

Mitch
06-09-2015, 10:33 AM
I would look out for an NBA 2k performance from him

Clipper Nation
06-09-2015, 10:34 AM
No, it's fair to say he's choking. Most other stars wouldn't be getting protected and getting so many excuses made for them like Curry right now.

daslicer
06-09-2015, 10:35 AM
Its an interesting theory but then again its hard to believe the injury impacted him that much since it wasn't a concussion. They are QB's who have suffered concussions that were still able to play at a high level after the injury. I think being QB is much more difficult than being a baller so if there are QB's whose play doesn't get impacted by these type of injuries I just don't see how it can effect you drastically as a basketball player.

Killakobe81
06-09-2015, 10:36 AM
It has been 3.5 games now where he has struggled(since the injury in the 1st half of the Rockets game) and is shooting 26/73 from the field and 10/36 from 3..

If he struggles tonight, that will be 4.5 games where he has struggled since the injury, a player that has been dominant all year against any and every defense, tbh..

Like I said interesting, but I think the tendency is to NOT give the Cavs any credit on defense ...since the narrative is already spinning towards this will be the worst roster of any title team if the Cavs win. Sure Steph struggled some near the end of the Rox series but Cavs have defended well all playoffs. The east may suck but Cavs are proving they are tough as nails and I agree 90% of the praise should be on Lebron but I have been impressed with their team defense and rebounding on both ends. In fact rebounds is the prime reason (other than LBJ) this series has been close and Cavs have made it this far ...

King Emmanuel
06-09-2015, 11:27 AM

just so you know i will be running a train up your ass if golden state loses this series

King Emmanuel
06-09-2015, 11:28 AM
:lmao todays players
:lmao cant play through a hard foul
:lmao would probably die after a practice session in the 90s
:lmao would probably retire if drafted by the pistons

Killakobe81
06-09-2015, 11:43 AM
just so you know i will be running a train up your ass if golden state loses this series

LOL

InRareForm
06-09-2015, 11:45 AM
Causation is not correlation

noob cake
06-09-2015, 12:10 PM
If Curry struggles again, he should bring his MVP trophy to the next game and present it to LeBron

Robz4000
06-09-2015, 12:11 PM
No, it's fair to say he's choking. Most other stars wouldn't be getting protected and getting so many excuses made for them like Curry right now.

djohn2oo8
06-09-2015, 12:12 PM

Then you have ESPN showing his family every time he makes a shot. It's unprecedented.

06-09-2015, 12:13 PM
Like I said interesting, but I think the tendency is to NOT give the Cavs any credit on defense ...since the narrative is already spinning towards this will be the worst roster of any title team if the Cavs win. Sure Steph struggled some near the end of the Rox series but Cavs have defended well all playoffs. The east may suck but Cavs are proving they are tough as nails and I agree 90% of the praise should be on Lebron but I have been impressed with their team defense and rebounding on both ends. In fact rebounds is the prime reason (other than LBJ) this series has been close and Cavs have made it this far ...

Well either way it takes a little credit from the "LeBron had no help narrative". Either his teammates stepped up and defended Curry well, or Curry was injured. LeBron doesn't take credit for either or.

Clipper Nation
06-09-2015, 12:20 PM
Then you have ESPN showing his family every time he makes a shot. It's unprecedented.
Before one of the WCF games, they had a segment with Chris Broussard and (IIRC) Jalen Rose slobbering over how great of a human being he is. Not even Kirby gets worshipped to that degree.

Clipper Nation
06-09-2015, 12:22 PM
Well either way it takes a little credit from the "LeBron had no help narrative". Either his teammates stepped up and defended Curry well, or Curry was injured. LeBron doesn't take credit for either or.
A few teammates playing solid defense doesn't change the fact that this supporting cast would be down in the basement with the Wolves and Knicks without LeBron.

Killakobe81
06-09-2015, 12:30 PM

Well i think he does (or should) get credit for inspiring his team-mates to over-achieve, tbh. I dont think curry being injured should detract anything from James when everyone except himself have called his team the underdogs in the scenario. I even heard that moron Cowherd say that this Cavs team is basically the 2001 Sixers Swapping Lebron for AI which is probably fairly accurate this team is not as horrid in some spots (the way Lebron supporters act) but it is a undermanned team ...so Lebron gets bonus points if he wins though he already won the 1 game AI won plus he has Blatt not Larry Brown as his coach ...

Thread
06-09-2015, 12:34 PM
A few teammates playing solid defense doesn't change the fact that this supporting cast would be down in the basement with the Wolves and Knicks without LeBron.

& without Dova, LeBron woulda lost Game 2 as he blew Game 1.

James caught his own GD jump ball, CN!

Darius McCrary
06-09-2015, 12:51 PM
Why would that injury cause him to start making shitty passes that look like careless choking decisions? Tbh

Malik Hairston
06-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Why would that injury cause him to start making shitty passes that look like careless choking decisions? Tbh

That's nothing new, stupid turnovers have been the Warriors' only real flaw all year, tbh..

Malik Hairston
06-09-2015, 01:08 PM

:lol there's virtually no chance that the Warriors lose this series, tbh, it would be the 2nd biggest upset in Vegas history, behind only the Pistons/Lakers..

If they do, though, I don't care, I'll take all the prediction Ls to see Lebron become the undisputed GOAT, tbh..I'll probably never watch the NBA again if Lebron pulls it off, there won't be anything remaining for me to see in the sport, it would be a wrap..winning with Mozgov and Tristan Thompson as your 2nd and 3rd best players and DellavaD-league at PG is unheard of, he should retire if he wins IMO..

ducks
06-09-2015, 01:09 PM
Would it be safe to say that the potential head injury/severe fall he took changed everything, tbh? Hasn't been able to shoot like we're accustomed to seeing from him since it happened IIRC..
there was an article about that
some thought he might have had a concusion but gs was not going to let anyone know

Thread
06-09-2015, 01:09 PM
That's nothing new, stupid turnovers have been the Warriors' only real flaw all year, tbh..

& it's utterly fantastic that they've gotten this far possessing that flaw over the course of 100 games.

Malik Hairston
06-09-2015, 01:10 PM
there was an article about that
some thought he might have had a concusion but gs was not going to let anyone know

Ya, I've been hearing it, I didn't think of it myself, I always criticize the media for the double-standard they give Curry:lol..

Thread
06-09-2015, 01:11 PM
:lol there's virtually no chance that the Warriors lose this series, tbh, it would be the 2nd biggest upset in Vegas history, behind only the Pistons/Lakers..

..trumped only by you losing your 1st 5th.

Thread
06-09-2015, 01:12 PM
Ya, I've been hearing it, I didn't think of it myself, I always criticize the media for the double-standard they give Curry:lol..

..& yet you stand the double-standard they give Duncan.

Malik Hairston
06-09-2015, 01:13 PM
..& yet you stand the double-standard they give Duncan.

What double-standard is that? The media doesn't even talk about Duncan:lol..

Damn, you just quoted me 3 times in a row, Cul..you couldn't just fit it all into 1 post? You know you can do that, right?

Killakobe81
06-09-2015, 01:40 PM

Yep. I was saying that during the Rox series that Lebron would make them pay for careless turnovers. and he has and it could easily be 2-0 Cavs (same as 2-0 GSW). Problem is Lebron is the most dangerous transition player in the NBA. Curry and Harden may get you 3 instead of two but Lebron generates fouls and his drives are more money and sometimes end up in 3 points anyway. Kerr needs to have his team clean that up or they could easily go down 2-1 tonight leaving James only two wins from a title.

Thread
06-09-2015, 01:43 PM
What double-standard is that? The media doesn't even talk about Duncan:lol..

Damn, you just quoted me 3 times in a row, Cul..you couldn't just fit it all into 1 post? You know you can do that, right?

Yeah, but, I don't care for that protocol. You forget one and it's always down there asking you if you want to include it on this one a week later. Very nerve wracking.

Clipper Nation
06-09-2015, 02:03 PM
& without Dova, LeBron woulda lost Game 2 as he blew Game 1.

James caught his own GD jump ball, CN!
Sans James, there would be no "Game 2."

Thread
06-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Sans James, there would be no "Game 2."

That's stupid. Christ, every time I think you're gonna amount to something you say something like this. Fuck!

Clipper Nation
06-09-2015, 02:09 PM
That's stupid. Christ, every time I think you're gonna amount to something you say something like this. Fuck!
It's the truth. Sans James, Cleveland would be lottery bound again.

Thread
06-09-2015, 02:13 PM
It's the truth. Sans James, Cleveland would be lottery bound again.

That ain't the point here, CN. And you know it. Asshole.

Budkin
06-09-2015, 02:36 PM
No doubt in my mind Curry goes apeshit in either game 3 or 4 and GS wins.

Infinite_limit
06-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Derrick Rose never shit the Playoff bed like Curry did in Game 2

Some of you should apologize

Thread
06-09-2015, 02:38 PM
No doubt in my mind Curry goes apeshit in either game 3 or 4 and GS wins.

I don't see it, Bud. That bootie hole be gettin' tight tonite, & tighter Thursday nite. By Sabbath he probably won't have shit since like post Game 1.

Malik Hairston
06-09-2015, 03:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sPOieaH.png

Infinite_limit
06-09-2015, 03:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sPOieaH.png
Another Post 90s mentally fragile player

Malik Hairston
06-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Concussions aren't era-based:lol..

DMC
06-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Before one of the WCF games, they had a segment with Chris Broussard and (IIRC) Jalen Rose slobbering over how great of a human being he is. Not even Kirby gets worshipped to that degree.
Kirby is a rapist though.

DMC
06-09-2015, 03:55 PM
Wait now. Curry should shoot the ball any time he gets it because even a bad Curry shot attempt is a good Curry shot attempt. I've seen that stated somewhere.

I think he's going to be ok. The rest of the team needs to capitalize on the fact he's drawing so much attention. It's not a bad thing, it's a good thing. They just need to do something to punish Cleveland for spending all their energy on Curry.

Thread
06-09-2015, 04:02 PM
Wait now. Curry should shoot the ball any time he gets it because even a bad Curry shot attempt is a good Curry shot attempt. I've seen that stated somewhere.

I think he's going to be ok. The rest of the team needs to capitalize on the fact he's drawing so much attention. It's not a bad thing, it's a good thing. They just need to do something to punish Cleveland for spending all their energy on Curry.

I think his bootie hole is water tight.

"all" --- really? Looks like it's second nature. Somebody, I said somebody did their homework, and I ain't talkin' a week ago. Somebody, and I'll say it again, somebody planned this out. Gotta be Blatt, he's a planner by trade.

Blatt

Thread
06-09-2015, 04:03 PM
Kirby is a rapist though.

So is Neal.

spurraider21
06-09-2015, 04:07 PM
whether curry has a great or terrible game, the only thing that is certain is that this forum will overreact to it

Thread
06-09-2015, 04:08 PM
whether curry has a great or terrible game, the only thing that is certain is that this forum will overreact to it

Only the children, 21, & DMC's groupies.

DMC
06-09-2015, 04:14 PM
So is Neal.
Not our player.

DMC
06-09-2015, 04:17 PM
I think his bootie hole is water tight.

"all" --- really? Looks like it's second nature. Somebody, I said somebody did their homework, and I ain't talkin' a week ago. Somebody, and I'll say it again, somebody planned this out. Gotta be Blatt, he's a planner by trade.

Blatt

You keep singing that tune and we'll see if you built in enough escape hatches to your comments so you can try again to trick fuck your way out of it.

Thread
06-09-2015, 04:24 PM
You keep singing that tune and we'll see if you built in enough escape hatches to your comments so you can try again to trick fuck your way out of it.

I called the ball, you gd rights. And I'll stand the gaffe at failure.

It's my religion.

DMC
06-09-2015, 04:29 PM
I called the ball, you gd rights. And I'll stand the gaffe at failure.

It's my religion.

Yeah we've seen how you backslide.

Darius McCrary
06-09-2015, 06:36 PM
:lol Jalen just mentioned Curry's stats after the bad spill

Thread
06-09-2015, 07:14 PM
:lol Jalen just mentioned Curry's stats after the bad spill

& I called it first when it happened. Me. His physiological makeup has been compromised.

baseline bum
06-09-2015, 07:20 PM
LMAO, I'm just watching the pregame on ESPN and Mark Jackson is running his mouth about how Kerr should call lots of isos for Curry tonight. :lol

Thread
06-09-2015, 07:33 PM
LMAO, I'm just watching the pregame on ESPN and Mark Jackson is running his mouth about how Kerr should call lots of isos for Curry tonight. :lol

What are you wearing, bum. Be honest.

resistanze
06-09-2015, 07:44 PM
35% FG and 19% 3PT this series :wow

06-09-2015, 08:10 PM

If they do, though, I don't care, I'll take all the prediction Ls to see Lebron become the undisputed GOAT, tbh..I'll probably never watch the NBA again if Lebron pulls it off, there won't be anything remaining for me to see in the sport, it would be a wrap..winning with Mozgov and Tristan Thompson as your 2nd and 3rd best players and DellavaD-league at PG is unheard of, he should retire if he wins IMO..

:lol I figured you were just setting this narrative up all season. You praised the Warriors, called them a historically great team all season, so that 1.) When they win it all you can say "I told ya so" and 2, more importantly ,if LeBron and co. pulled the upset you could further his legacy.

Not that the Warriors aren't a good team, I've given them their credit, but you abandoned your narratives from previous seasons to setup the anointment of LeBron. "Jump shooting teams don't win championships", " point guard led teams don't win championships", ":lol regular season teams", not only did you abandon those narratives, you went above and beyond to credit the Warriors. " Warriors are historically great", "Curry is the most dominant guard since dad killer", etc etc

Very subtle

baseline bum
06-09-2015, 08:39 PM
What are you wearing, bum. Be honest.

Khakis. A shirt.

HI-FI
06-09-2015, 08:43 PM
I thought Curry was like the 2nd greatest pg of all time.

Thread
06-09-2015, 08:47 PM
I thought Curry was like the 2nd greatest pg of all time.

You try point guarding with a tight bootie hole. It ain't no picnic, HI.

daslicer
06-09-2015, 08:48 PM
:lol I figured you were just setting this narrative up all season. You praised the Warriors, called them a historically great team all season, so that 1.) When they win it all you can say "I told ya so" and 2, more importantly ,if LeBron and co. pulled the upset you could further his legacy.

Not that the Warriors aren't a good team, I've given them their credit, but you abandoned your narratives from previous seasons to setup the anointment of LeBron. "Jump shooting teams don't win championships", " point guard led teams don't win championships", ":lol regular season teams", not only did you abandon those narratives, you went above and beyond to credit the Warriors. " Warriors are historically great", "Curry is the most dominant guard since dad killer", etc etc

Very subtle

You made some good points at calling a spade for a spade.

therealtruth
06-09-2015, 09:47 PM
Cavs are controlling the tempo and that's killing the Warriors offense. They need to play faster and wear out the Cavs. The Cavs don't want a fast game.

Thread
06-09-2015, 09:48 PM
Cavs are controlling the tempo and that's killing the Warriors offense. They need to play faster and wear out the Cavs. The Cavs don't want a fast game.

Nobody is wearing nobody out at this point of a season. You have to out execute the opponent. That's the only way.

therealtruth
06-09-2015, 10:00 PM
Nobody is wearing nobody out at this point of a season. You have to out execute the opponent. That's the only way.

Usually you can tell who's going to win a game by the team that is getting easier baskets. It's the team that is getting layups/dunks and 3's while the other team is getting tougher shots. The Warriors need to improve their ball movement.

Franklin
06-09-2015, 10:55 PM
DMC is right again, tbh.