PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Meeting and gift LeBron James presented to teammates to prepare them for the Finals

ElNono
06-09-2015, 01:24 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/06/the_meeting_and_gift_lebron_ja.html

I'm told he rented out a lounge, and what he would tell them there ended up being spot on.

The four-time MVP spoke of the unforeseen trials they would face, he touched on the adversity that would come with the territory, and he warned them of unexpected setbacks. In it all, his message was to stay the course. But most importantly, stay together regardless of the circumstances.

"He was like, we're here for business and to be prepared," center Tristan Thompson said to NEOMG. "All the media attention, all the hoopla stuff is cool and what not, but we're here to take care of business."

"It was for unity. Building camaraderie with the guys," J.R. Smith explained to NEOMG. "A lot of times when you go into the hotels, you might see a guy for breakfast or a meeting and that would be it. He brought us out and we talked about regular, everyday stuff instead of just the Finals."

"'Bron is the best teammate you can ask for, because on the court he's going to give you everything and off the court he's always going to be considerate and do whatever he can to show his gratitude," James Jones said.

But before they went their separate ways that night of the meeting, James had another surprise. He gave them all brand new Apple watches.

It was another way of displaying his appreciation for his guys.

"I've been fortunate enough to work with some great partners and whatever I get, I like to share with my teammates," James told NEOMG. "It's just my way of showing them that I care. That's it. It's not the first time and it won't be the last time."

No one was more excited about their gift than Smith. He has a player option for next year, and it sounds as if James' giving spirit could play a part in his decision-making process.

"I don't know how he does it, but every day it's something different," Smith said with a laugh. "Watches, sneakers, Beats [headphones], hoodies, book-bags. Man, I can't wait to come back next year. I want to see what we're getting next year."

Brendan Haywood also issued a comment on James' kindness by offering a unique compliment.

"Look, LeBron is probably the greatest player in the world who gives out gifts like it's candy," he said. "We look forward to it every single time."

AlexJones
06-09-2015, 01:28 PM
lol Brendan Haywood is actually on an NBA roster? this nigga

Malik Hairston
06-09-2015, 01:29 PM
The way Lebron is leading on and off the court is almost unparalleled, tbh..Bill Russell, Tim Duncan, that may be it..

Would have been cool to have social media during Dad Killer's time to see some of his leadership tactics, tbh:lmao..poor Dellavadova, probably would have had 2 black eyes..

Malik Hairston
06-09-2015, 01:33 PM
I bet Lebron even gave Irving and Love gifts, tbh, that's how strong his leadership is:lol..

RsxPiimp
06-09-2015, 01:34 PM
I thought he endorses Samsung? :lol

DPG21920
06-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Lol JR who makes millions wanting to take less so he can come back and get gifts he can buy with his own extra money :lol

"I'm willing to take 2M less in annual salary because Bron buys me a $250 pair of shoes. It really evens out"

Killakobe81
06-09-2015, 01:41 PM
I thought he endorses Samsung? :lol

He does. Their biggest competitor, nice job James.

Killakobe81
06-09-2015, 01:43 PM
But he endorses Beats to which was bought by Apple ... conflict of interest?

Thread
06-09-2015, 01:48 PM
The way Lebron is leading on and off the court is almost unparalleled, tbh..Bill Russell, Tim Duncan, that may be it..

Would have been cool to have social media during Dad Killer's time to see some of his leadership tactics, tbh:lmao..poor Dellavadova, probably would have had 2 black eyes..

You don't end up with 6 without kicking ass, taking a few names. That's why you have a 2nd 5th & nary repeat.

+ Dova led James Game 2. That stupid ass caught his own gd jump ball. Standin' there with the fuckin' ball. Ain't seen that picture again.

+ Just HTF did Duncan lead with his wife eatin' on his ass 2 Junes ago?

Bynumite
06-09-2015, 01:52 PM
Is this article about the time the spurs met Lebeta in the Finals and gifted him a ring?

hater
06-09-2015, 02:09 PM
:lmao what a gay article. Perfect superstar for the softest years in NBA history :lmao

ElNono
06-09-2015, 02:19 PM
Lol JR who makes millions wanting to take less so he can come back and get gifts he can buy with his own extra money :lol

"I'm willing to take 2M less in annual salary because Bron buys me a $250 pair of shoes. It really evens out"

:lol

Malik Hairston
06-09-2015, 02:37 PM
:lmao what a gay article. Perfect superstar for the softest years in NBA history :lmao

I bet on the Warriors to win this series and win the title at the beginning of the playoffs..can you do me a favor and make a thread about how great the Cavs are and how they're going to win the series, please? Thanks, bro..

Mikeanaro
06-09-2015, 03:07 PM
I bet he made pancakes for them too, what a homo.

hater
06-09-2015, 03:14 PM
Apparently he bought them all manicures and brizilian waxes

DMC
06-09-2015, 06:22 PM
If you're Apple Computers and you don't give Lebron James a couple dozen watches, Jobs comes out of the fuckin' grave and stomps you out.

DMC
06-09-2015, 06:24 PM
You don't end up with 6 without kicking ass, taking a few names. That's why you have a 2nd 5th & nary repeat.

+ Dova led James Game 2. That stupid ass caught his own gd jump ball. Standin' there with the fuckin' ball. Ain't seen that picture again.

+ Just HTF did Duncan lead with his wife eatin' on his ass 2 Junes ago?

Ask Kobe, he was home watching.

Thread
06-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Ask Kobe, he was home watching.

No. I asked you first.