PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe's 2010 Finals MVP is one of the biggest shams in NBA history

Darth_Pelican
06-09-2015, 03:33 PM
Kobe: 28.6 ppg on 40.5% shooting
MVPau: 18.6 ppg on 47.8% shooting

Advantage MVPau

Kobe: 8.0 reb's per game
MVPau: 11.6 reb's per game

Advantage MVPau

Kobe: 3.9 ast. per game
MVPau: 3.7 ast. per game

Wash

Kobe: 27 total turnovers ( :lmao )
MVPau: 13 total turnovers

Advantage MVPau

Kobe: .7 blocks per game
MVPau: 2.6 blocks per game

Advantage MVPau

Critical Game 7 of the NBA Finals

Kobe: 23 points on 6-24 shooting
MVPau: 19 points on 7-13 shooting

Advantage MVPau

Kobe: 15 rebounds
MVPau: 18 rebounds

Advantage MVPau

Kobe: 2 assists
MVPau: 4 assists

Advantage MVPau

Kobe: 4 turnovers
MVPau: 1 turnover

Advantage MVPau

Kobe: 0 blocks
MVPau: 2 blocks

Advantage MVPau

In Conclusion, the Real 2010 Finals MVP:

https://thedishontheswish.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/pau-gasol1.jpg

Reference:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2010_finals.html

RD2191
06-09-2015, 03:34 PM
:lolkobe is a scrub

Malik Hairston
06-09-2015, 03:39 PM
Pau never had a chance, tbh, it wouldn't have mattered if he averaged 40..

Silver&Black
06-09-2015, 03:39 PM
Darth_Pelican...

My nigga.

Bynumite
06-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Kobe is an alpha so there's no way he could ever lose a FMVP to a soft euro pussy.

Beta Jim on the other hand, lost a FMVP to some french pussy and another one to an autistic, socially awkward and overrated scrub.

daslicer
06-09-2015, 04:01 PM
I do believe if the analytics movement was big around that time like it is now Kobe would not have gotten that FMVP. Analytics has pretty much shat all over Kobe's legacy the last few years. Kobe benefitted a lot from getting most of his awards and accolades during an era that didn't rely on analytics at judging a players worth.

Thread
06-09-2015, 04:06 PM
I don't do MVP, CIO, AFofL, ROY, COY. I don't do door stops, dust catchers, prettys. I don't do it.

It's my religion.

cesare borgia
06-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Pau was 6-16.

Splits
06-09-2015, 04:31 PM
I don't do MVP, CIO, AFofL, ROY, COY. I don't do door stops, dust catchers, prettys. I don't do it.

It's my religion.

What about amateurs (Olympics) and AS exhibitions?

Thread
06-09-2015, 04:31 PM

No. I don't do barn storming tours. It's my religion.

Splits
06-09-2015, 04:33 PM
No. I don't do barn storming tours. It's my religion.

Funny how silent you are, how you don't check assholes, when your brethren grasp at them straws.

Thread
06-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Funny how silent you are, how you don't check assholes, when your brethren grasp at them straws.

They're my fellows, Splits. I don't sell out and side them at those junctures. My principle on the subject is part of the public record and I confirm it often.

DMC
06-09-2015, 04:36 PM

It's my religion.
But you do fellatio and analingus on other men.

DMC
06-09-2015, 04:38 PM
They're my fellows, Splits. I don't sell out and side them at those junctures. My principle on the subject is part of the public record and I confirm it often.

Translation: I have zero integrity so let me again list my ethos..

Splits
06-09-2015, 04:40 PM

If you had a modicum of integrity you'd squash that idiocy, or at least publicly distance yourself. But you don't. You're an opportunist, and it ruins your credibility as mediator of right and wrong.

Thread
06-09-2015, 04:43 PM
But you do fellatio and analingus on other men.

kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbammmmmmmmmm mmmm!!!

tee, hee.

Thread
06-09-2015, 04:44 PM
If you had a modicum of integrity you'd squash that idiocy, or at least publicly distance yourself. But you don't. You're an opportunist, and it ruins your credibility as mediator of right and wrong.

I already stated in attendant threads I don't agree with them, just like I've stated numerous times in their presence that only pussies & assholes do asterisks.

My conscience is clean.

Splits
06-09-2015, 04:45 PM
I already stated in attendant threads I don't agree with them

You've never done such.

Mitch
06-09-2015, 04:46 PM

So professional athletes like Timothy were trounced by Puerto Rican amateurs? Because the US fields a 100% professional team

Sad times, eh Splits?

Thread
06-09-2015, 04:48 PM
You've never done such.

BS. I did. I know I did, and that's good enough for me.

Splits
06-09-2015, 04:48 PM
^
^
Prime opportunity, Dale. What say you?

Thread
06-09-2015, 04:51 PM
^
^
Prime opportunity, Dale. What say you?

I've already said it. My conscience is clean.

Splits
06-09-2015, 04:53 PM
I've already said it. My conscience is clean.

Said what? Anal Tit is right here, sighting Puerto Rico. Do you agree? Is it funny? Should he shut the fuck up with that idiocy?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Mitch
06-09-2015, 04:56 PM
A gang of third worlders pissing all over Timothy' cookie

At least Robinson tried to make up for his failure in 88.

Timothy? Well he just gave up on his country like he gave up on women when he saw a 5'5 pinoy go deeper in Amy than he ever could.

Thread
06-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Said what? Anal Tit is right here, sighting Puerto Rico. Do you agree? Is it funny? Should he shut the fuck up with that idiocy?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I've done my duty, Splits. When I think it appropriate I'll reconfirm my boiler plate as I've done since I lit. But, I'm not going to do it on your pester.

Knock it off.

Mitch
06-09-2015, 04:58 PM
I've done my duty, Splits. When I think it appropriate I'll reconfirm my boiler plate as I've done since I lit. But, I'm not going to do it on your pester.

Knock it off.

He just wants you to give him something to work with cub, dark times for people like him & midst.

Thread
06-09-2015, 04:59 PM
He just wants you to give him something to work with cub, dark times for people like him & midst.

True, and it's disappointing. I wouldn't do that to him.

Splits
06-09-2015, 05:02 PM

Knock it off.

So you're a pussy.

And an asshole.

Thread
06-09-2015, 05:05 PM
So you're a pussy.

And an asshole.

You're angry & not fit company.

Splits
06-09-2015, 05:07 PM
You're angry & not fit company.

Just calling it as I see it. A hypocrite is a hypocrite.

Zero integrity.

Post-Pau.

Sean Cagney
06-09-2015, 05:09 PM
He was trying his best to choke that title away in game 7 by chucking but Artest and Pau saved him late. Artest earned his check in that game alone man, without him there no title.

baseline bum
06-09-2015, 05:17 PM

It's my religion.

Your religion is running from O & 47 and hiding behind the Lakers in such shame.

Thread
06-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Your religion is running from O & 47 and hiding behind the Lakers in such shame.

I still love ya, bum.

dg7md
06-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Kobe hate is getting pretty old. Yes, he has some bad stats, but he's a proven winner and was very dominant offensively in big games, whether or not the stats showcase it is another question. He's got 5 rings to show and he was instrumental in each championship run, and yes he's always been fortunate to have a co-op with an excellent big man in their prime.

If the Lakers didn't have Kobe on that team, they don't make the Finals. End of story. Pau Gasol was an excellent piece to their formula, but there's no way they get there, let alone win a Game 7 based on him.

Killakobe81
06-09-2015, 05:25 PM
LOL old debate is old ...
Was silly then ... more silly now.

Klay was the MVP this year.
Westbrook the year before
Wade the year before that ...

I can keep going but it's a waste on a nonsensical debate.

Killakobe81
06-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Kobe hate is getting pretty old. Yes, he has some bad stats, but he's a proven winner and was very dominant offensively in big games, whether or not the stats showcase it is another question. He's got 5 rings to show and he was instrumental in each championship run, and yes he's always been fortunate to have a co-op with an excellent big man in their prime.

If the Lakers didn't have Kobe on that team, they don't make the Finals. End of story. Pau Gasol was an excellent piece to their formula, but there's no way they get there, let alone win a Game 7 based on him.

Sane Spur fan.

Thread
06-09-2015, 05:29 PM
He was trying his best to choke that title away in game 7 by chucking but Artest and Pau saved him late. Artest earned his check in that game alone man, without him there no title.

Fish saved him, talked some sense to him, hammered it into his head and Kobe saw the light,,,and it held all the way to the end, when confronted by a ring sealing shot, Fish flashed again & Kobe passed to Artest and it was done.

This is on Derek Fisher who started it within himself & shared his goodness.

Darth_Pelican
06-09-2015, 05:29 PM
LOL old debate is old ...
Was silly then ... more silly now.

Klay was the MVP this year.
Westbrook the year before
Wade the year before that ...

I can keep going but it's a waste on a nonsensical debate.

This is a finals MVP debate, not a regular season MVP debate. Many more factors go into a 82 game full season MVP.

Pau outperformed Kobe in the 7 game finals series. He was the FMVP

Darth_Pelican
06-09-2015, 05:34 PM

All valid points, but Pau outperformed Kobe in the 2010 Finals. The Finals MVP isn't a cumulative season MVP. It is supposed to go to the player who played the best in the 7 game series, which was Pau.

dg7md
06-09-2015, 05:38 PM
All valid points, but Pau outperformed Kobe in the 2010 Finals. The Finals MVP isn't a cumulative season MVP. It is supposed to go to the player who played the best in the 7 game series, which was Pau.

He might have, but the fact is usually Finals MVP will go to whomever is the one that people collectively think did the most for their team. Kobe is synonymous with the Lakers and at that time, it's unlikely any glory would go to anybody else, deserved or not.

Killakobe81
06-09-2015, 05:38 PM
This is a finals MVP debate, not a regular season MVP debate. Many more factors go into a 82 game full season MVP.

Pau outperformed Kobe in the 7 game finals series. He was the FMVP

even if you stay with Finals still disagree but it really doest matter it's like Manu fans arguing for Manu over Tim in 2005.

Splits
06-09-2015, 05:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3wHSvzD.png