PDA

View Full Version : Texas Texas!

Cant_Be_Faded
09-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Tonight is going to be one hell of a game. Mom's setting up the Santa Klaus and we're slinging Tinsley over the tree.

Hook Dem
09-10-2005, 01:10 PM
We don't agree on much CBF but Texas is gonna shine in this one. GO HORNS!!!!

Cant_Be_Faded
09-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Remember my quote in the OSU linebacker thread....it will come to pass.

Horry For 3!
09-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Texas Fight! Texas Fight!

IceColdBrewski
09-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Ohio St by 3.

Duff McCartney
09-10-2005, 07:09 PM
OSU by 20.

Hook Dem
09-10-2005, 07:50 PM
OSU by 20.
Well....that makes you down by 30 at the moment. Texas 10 OSU 0 :lol

midgetonadonkey
09-10-2005, 07:53 PM

No need to get giddy, it is still early and TU's defense is still suspect.

Hook Dem
09-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Not getting giddy....just repying to a ridiculous comment(OSU by 20 )

JoeChalupa
09-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Let's go Buckeyes!!!

Pistons < Spurs
09-10-2005, 08:18 PM
!!!OSU!!! :blah

midgetonadonkey
09-10-2005, 08:23 PM
How did OSU get the ball back at the 20? I'm watching a gamecast and missed everything after OSU tied it up.

scott
09-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Selvin Young is UT's worst RB. They'd be wise to stick with the youngsters. Charles has looked good.

Vince has really impressed me with his improved throwing ability - his decision making is still highly suspect though, as evidenced by his bonehead INT.

What a great game - we need more of these non-conference matchups in College Ball.

Pistons < Spurs
09-10-2005, 09:52 PM
OMG OSU's D is killin em'.

Duff McCartney
09-10-2005, 09:59 PM

You dumb motherfucker.

Pistons < Spurs
09-10-2005, 10:29 PM
LOL Texas got lucky!!!!!(a few minutes premature...but I'm confident that Texas has this sealed up.)

That was a great game. Ohio's D was GREAT. If they were only a little more compitent on Offense...maybe some of those FG's would have been TD's..

Horry For 3!
09-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Texas wins!

KewlKat00
09-10-2005, 10:46 PM
that was a great game. today was a good football day.

it was a close game. i would definitely like to see both teams play again.

a few observations:

- vince young stepped up when it counted... but still had some silly turnovers early... not to mention he sure held the ball out there a couple of times.

- i dont think osu's system of switching qbs is too good of an idea

- aj hawk is a beast

Hook Dem
09-10-2005, 10:47 PM
You dumb motherfucker.
Who's a dumb motherfucker now nancy boy!!!!????? :lol http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3985/yousuck3xh.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Horry For 3!
09-10-2005, 11:29 PM
OSU by 20.
:lmao

Horry For 3!
09-10-2005, 11:30 PM
LOL Texas got lucky!!!!!(a few minutes premature...but I'm confident that Texas has this sealed up.)

That was a great game. Ohio's D was GREAT. If they were only a little more compitent on Offense...maybe some of those FG's would have been TD's..
Actually Ohio State's Linebackers were great, yet overrall Texas Defense was better :tu

KewlKat00
09-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Actually Ohio State's Linebackers were great, yet overrall Texas Defense was better :tu

some of those guys are scary... the long hair definitely helps.

scott
09-10-2005, 11:33 PM
Great game today. Hopefully Athletic Directors across the country took note of this and will consider scheduling tougher non-conf games.

midgetonadonkey
09-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Great game. I have to say that TU put up a fight in that one. Much respect to the 'horns.

Horry For 3!
09-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Great game today. Hopefully Athletic Directors across the country took note of this and will consider scheduling tougher non-conf games.
I doubt it because of the BCS Bowl games.

ZStomp
09-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Go A&m!

Go Sooners!

mookie2001
09-11-2005, 12:23 AM
whatttt?

ZStomp
09-11-2005, 12:42 AM
Huh?

samikeyp
09-11-2005, 12:44 AM
que? :)

scott
09-11-2005, 01:00 AM
I doubt it because of the BCS Bowl games.

You can look at it from the perspective of putting cupcakes on your schedule to try to ensure you go unbeaten... or...

You can look at it this way...

If Auburn would have scheduled a top 5 opponent in week 2 of the regular season, they may have ended up the #2 team in the country last year. Last year proved that going undefeated ensures you of nothing... going undefeated while beating top opponents (which Texas may do), does.

For example... if Notre Dame goes undefeated in the regular season this year, they WILL be ranked ahead of Texas going into the title game (probably against Texas) because it will have meant that Notre Dame beat Michigan, Ohio State, and USC.

KewlKat00
09-11-2005, 01:23 AM
You can look at it from the perspective of putting cupcakes on your schedule to try to ensure you go unbeaten... or...

You can look at it this way...

If Auburn would have scheduled a top 5 opponent in week 2 of the regular season, they may have ended up the #2 team in the country last year. Last year proved that going undefeated ensures you of nothing... going undefeated while beating top opponents (which Texas may do), does.

For example... if Notre Dame goes undefeated in the regular season this year, they WILL be ranked ahead of Texas going into the title game (probably against Texas) because it will have meant that Notre Dame beat Michigan, Ohio State, and USC.

i agree. there was actually a si article online the other day about this. i do know that in addition to the yearly notre dame game, usc will be doing a pair of games with nebraska (the next 2 years, i believe) and ohio state in 2008 & 9. i don't think it's too bad of an idea because you could still win your conference and get a guaranteed bcs bid.

Horry For 3!
09-11-2005, 02:10 AM
Go A&m!

Go Sooners!
Sooners? :lmao

Horry For 3!
09-11-2005, 02:12 AM
I hope Notre Dame beats USC! My dream National Championship game would be Texas vs Notre Dame because Texas is my fav team and Notre Dame is my 2nd fav. :)

Horry For 3!
09-11-2005, 02:27 AM
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/756/captco12109110415texasohiostco.jpg

OWNED!

Horry For 3!
09-11-2005, 02:30 AM
Well it showed as Jamall Charles (Fresh) should be the starting RB for now on and Billy Pittman (Soph) is a stud at WR.

KewlKat00
09-11-2005, 03:27 AM
I hope Notre Dame beats USC! My dream National Championship game would be Texas vs Notre Dame because Texas is my fav team and Notre Dame is my 2nd fav. :)

wow, i wouldn't want my team (usc) and my 2nd favorite team (texas) to play each other in the national championship because one of them would have to lose.

... but i don't mind if the irish lose :)

jochhejaam
09-11-2005, 07:52 AM
some of those guys are scary... the long hair definitely helps.

And they made a pact not to cut it until they win a national championship...

We played great defense against the run (after the first Texas drive) but that opens up the passing game and Young was up to the task with some well thrown passes.

Tough loss and nice win for you Longhorn fans.

Duff McCartney
09-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Who's a dumb motherfucker now nancy boy!!!!????? :lol http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3985/yousuck3xh.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

You still are...because you were the one who was gloating about the win when it was 10-0. You were sweating balls when it was 22-16.

I may not have been right....but I wasn't the one with a premature ejaculation like you old man.

Hook Dem
09-11-2005, 10:24 AM
You still are...because you were the one who was gloating about the win when it was 10-0. You were sweating balls when it was 22-16.

I may not have been right....but I wasn't the one with a premature ejaculation like you old man.
The only reason you say I was sweating balls is because you have a ringside seat. You don't deserve to be but you are a pimple on my ass. What a loser you are, you miserable piece of shit. Someone should have pinched off your head when you were born. When you become a man and pay back Jim his money, come back and talk smack. You seem obcessed with calling me "old man". I can still whip your young pathetic ass. Go ahead and pick some more winners today. Is everyone beating a path to your door for football picks? :lol

Dex
09-11-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm sensing a little hostility in here. :wow

How about that kickoff return where the receiver (forget who it was) caught it in the endzone and tried to take a knee, but realized like 5 seconds later that his foot was on the line. Talk about a mad scramble just to save your ass. He almost got pounded for a safety like twice. Then he ends up escaping doom and almost had a breakaway run for a touchdown if he hadn't gotten tripped up. :lol

FromWayDowntown
09-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Good win for Texas, but I think that Tressel crapped the bed on a couple of occasions that greatly aided the Longhorns' chances.

At 22-16 in the 4th, you have to admire the guy for trying to put the nail in the coffin, but at the same time, when your hammer is a 50-yard field goal opportunity, it's rather iffy, particularly given that a miss gives your opponent a short field. I thought Tressel made a miscalculation by not punting and trying to bury Texas deep in their own end. Even a touchback gains you 20 yards of field to play with.

After Texas scored, I have no idea why Tressel went with Zwick instead of Smith. I mean, I know why he made the choice, but given how much time was left, it didn't seem to make much sense (to me or to Gary Danielson, apparently). Maybe Smith would have fumbled, too, but I think the game has a different dynamic if he's on the field.

Once Zwick fumbled, I thought OSU would have been better off to allow the score and take your chances putting the ball in the hands of Ginn or Holmes on a kickoff return and having some very explosive players in a fairly short field. Losing by 1 or by 8 doesn't make any difference. Giving yourself a chance to win the game is paramount in that situation.

Again, good win for Texas, but I think OSU helped them out in the 4th Quarter.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-11-2005, 01:08 PM
OSU by 20.

LOL!!!!! you've been IMPALED!!!!

vince young impaled them all!!!!

Cant_Be_Faded
09-11-2005, 01:15 PM
vince young will fuck ohio so hard he will impale their tonsils

wha-wha-wha-wawawaa-whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? ?????

--)*888****>>>>OWNEd.

mookie2001
09-11-2005, 02:26 PM
LOL

Drew Kelson totally redeemed himself from not catching that ball earlier that bounced softly of his palms, would have been a TD or at the least Texas ball at the 10

Kdfelicity
09-11-2005, 02:34 PM

I resent the name "TU". I think it was made up by some stoned aggies. As far as the game went, we got lucky cuz Ohio State made some stupid mistakes at the end. Speaking of the defense, they did a spectacular job, it was the offensive line that was playing like shit.

Kdfelicity
09-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Go A&m!

Go Sooners!

Oh god. I think I'm going to be sick. :vomit

Cant_Be_Faded
09-11-2005, 03:30 PM
i dont get it, is TU supposed to be an insult?

Thats as gay as the horn's down, or "saw em off" shit

Its like....ok i guess we can make a clever three word cutdown about going to an agriculture and mechanical school

Kdfelicity
09-11-2005, 03:35 PM

Its like....ok i guess we can make a clever three word cutdown about going to an agriculture and mechanical school

HAHAHA!! Yea TU's pretty damn stupid. The aggies' fight song is about as ridiculous as it gets.

Hook Dem
09-11-2005, 03:58 PM
LOL!!!!! you've been IMPALED!!!!

vince young impaled them all!!!!
:lol Be careful....he'll call you a motherfucker too! :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
09-11-2005, 05:56 PM
HAHAHA!! Yea TU's pretty damn stupid. The aggies' fight song is about as ridiculous as it gets.

LOL LOL!!!! LOL!!!

check out my aggie fight song thread--the dialogue is hilarious from start to finish. I'll bump it.

Spurodamus
09-12-2005, 12:34 AM
The intelligence level of the average Texas fan is on display in this thread.

SWC Bonfire
09-12-2005, 08:31 AM

t.u. is for Texas University - the first public state-run school of higher education was the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, the "first" university of Texas.

SWC Bonfire
09-12-2005, 08:35 AM
I am hearing a lot of bad news from the people who actually attended the games. It seems that OSU "fans" started numerous fights with anyone in orange.

F'ing Yankees.

IcemanCometh
09-12-2005, 08:50 AM
aggy's are pretty funny

batman2883
09-12-2005, 08:56 AM
The Sooners suck ass

mookie2001
09-12-2005, 10:07 AM
at least for the tonsil pain they get to eat a lot of ice cream, probably that soft serve stuff

cecil collins
09-12-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm sensing a little hostility in here. :wow

How about that kickoff return where the receiver (forget who it was) caught it in the endzone and tried to take a knee, but realized like 5 seconds later that his foot was on the line. Talk about a mad scramble just to save your ass. He almost got pounded for a safety like twice. Then he ends up escaping doom and almost had a breakaway run for a touchdown if he hadn't gotten tripped up. :lol

That was scary, I thought for sure he was gonna get a safety. Then it looked like he would take it the distance(Ramonce Taylor btw), but he got jammed up. I'm just glad they escaped with a win. Now if we run the table in the Big 12(and beat Rice Saturday :lol )we will definitely be in the national championship. It'll be tough, and something always seems to go wrong, but these are good times.

Hook Dem
09-12-2005, 11:09 AM
The intelligence level of the average Texas fan is on display in this thread.
As opposed to what? A loser like you? :lol

Spurodamus
09-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Yet another.

Ballcox
09-12-2005, 12:39 PM
First off, this is a huge win for Texas, period, end of discussion. Not many teams go into the shoe and come out with a win. Texas showed what I believe is some real determination and guts in that win, especially after giving up 3 to's. From my perspective, a few observations on the game:

* VY is THE MAN. He proved his doubters wrong AGAIN by completing passes when osu was putting 7-8 men in the box. This guy simply finds a way to win, he's like some freak combination of James Brown and Major Applewhite, except that he's also 6'5/225lbs and fast as hell, amazing to watch. Also accounted for more total yardage by HIMSELF than the entire osu offense did the whole game.

* Selvin, say goodbye to your starting RB position, J. Charles, it's all yours from here on out. Charles really impressed me with his catching ability, kept the drive going for UT on two separate occasions with his ability to catch and run with the ball. Would like to see more of Melton in the running game, would also like to see R. Taylor running the ball more and just getting more touches in general. Although that one run out of the back of the end zone was impressive.

* M. Huff simply dominated T. Ginn, he was matched up on him 1:1 most times and Ginn really didn't contribute offensively in the game, great job by Huff and the rest of the secondary.

* Our kickoff coverage has GOT to improve, we gave osu half a field to play with most of the game, and it's a credit to our defense that they didn't score more points in the game. Great d-line play by Crowder, Robison, Okam, Wright and Dibbles.

* Those osu linebackers are scary good. Three white boys who can straight up run and tackle, and they're big. I was actually more impressed with Carpenter than AJ, but both are studs and should be early round draft picks in the NFL.

* Pittman, RB for osu impressed me with his ability to hit the holes with speed and power, much better RB than I had give him credit for.

* My last observation is a big thanks to the osu coaching staff for rotating your QB's the entire game, what the hell were you thinking? To me it was obvious that Smith was the better QB of the two, he moved the offense when in the game, and if he had played the entire game not so sure UT would have held on to win. Quit the QB shuffle osu, trust me, we went through the same thing with Simms and Applewhite and it doesn't work at all. I don't care where the guy was rated coming out of HS, if he can make plays at the college level, leave him in the game and name him your starting QB!

samikeyp
09-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Agreed. Selvin, IMO, is a waste as a full-time back. KR is fine but not the starting RB. Glad to see Sweed finally start to earn his scholarship. I think he can be good but Pittman was awesome. I still think that some of Greg Davis' play calling was wack but in the end it all worked out. Also agree about the kickoff coverage....OSU may not have even got the fg's if Texas had not kept giving them a short field. All in all, a great win for the program. IMO, one of the 10 ten in the history of the school and Mack Brown's biggest as UT coach, if not of his career.

Ballcox
09-12-2005, 01:38 PM
^ Agree, how could I forget to mention our WR's? Pittman stepped up big time and I was so excited to finally see L. Sweed make a big catch and use that huge size he has to his advantage. We needed our WR's to play well, especially since osu really concentrated on taking D. Thomas out of the passing game. I kind of feel bad for S. Young after all he's done to get back on the team, but he just doesn't look like he has the burst of speed and ability he used to have. Combine that with our two fresh. RB's looking damn good and then in next year's recruiting class we've got the two of the best RB recruits in the state/country coming to Texas, I think it's bye bye to Selvin.

So, Texas gets to relax a little bit with Rice in town this weekend, then there's a bye week. But, after that it's on the road at Missouri (no easy game there) and then the match up in Dallas against you know who. This season doesn't get any easier for UT, can't afford to have a lapse in concentration/focus.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-12-2005, 01:56 PM
I am hearing a lot of bad news from the people who actually attended the games. It seems that OSU "fans" started numerous fights with anyone in orange.

F'ing Yankees.

thats bull shit

well it does happen, i saw some texas dudes talk mad shit to this ARkansas fan back in 2003, it was embarassing

alcohol does shit like this

Horry For 3!
09-12-2005, 02:02 PM
First off, this is a huge win for Texas, period, end of discussion. Not many teams go into the shoe and come out with a win. Texas showed what I believe is some real determination and guts in that win, especially after giving up 3 to's. From my perspective, a few observations on the game:

* Selvin, say goodbye to your starting RB position, J. Charles, it's all yours from here on out. Charles really impressed me with his catching ability, kept the drive going for UT on two separate occasions with his ability to catch and run with the ball. Would like to see more of Melton in the running game, would also like to see R. Taylor running the ball more and just getting more touches in general. Although that one run out of the back of the end zone was impressive.
I wanted Jamall Charles to start, he is better than Selvin Young. Selvin Young seems out of shape, slow and he always fuckin fumbles! :bang

Kdfelicity
09-12-2005, 07:35 PM

F'ing Yankees.

Oh you have no idea, my mom went to an Ohio State-Michigan game last season. She said she almost feared for her life. Ohio State fans would flick off Michigan fans right in there faces and say Fuck You. I'd say they are the worst sore losers in all of sports.

KewlKat00
09-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Oh you have no idea, my mom went to an Ohio State-Michigan game last season. She said she almost feared for her life. Ohio State fans would flick off Michigan fans right in there faces and say Fuck You. I'd say they are the worst sore losers in all of sports.

i think there are probably alot of fans in alot of schools that would come close after tailgating for 10 or so hours.

there's nothing wrong with some back and forth, it makes it exciting, but there is definitely a line that shouldn't be crossed.

Ginofan
09-12-2005, 11:13 PM
t.u. is for Texas University - the first public state-run school of higher education was the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, the "first" university of Texas.

Whoop! :tu

samikeyp
09-12-2005, 11:48 PM
^^^wannabe! :lol

:p

(you know I am messing w/you!) :)

Ginofan
09-12-2005, 11:58 PM
^^^wannabe! :lol

:p

(you know I am messing w/you!) :)

:lol You better be!

Man, I'm gonna miss CS this year, my cousins have graduated and my brother tranferred from Blinn to Tortilla Tech (WTF!)...so I won't get to go to too many games this football season except for the classic rivalry matchup...can't miss that one! But hopefully basketball season yields better chances of attendance.

SWC Bonfire
09-13-2005, 08:58 AM
my brother tranferred from Blinn to Tortilla Tech

Sssssssssss...!!!

Kdfelicity
09-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Whoop! :tu

:vomit I feel that sickening feeling comin back around.

Ginofan
09-14-2005, 03:15 PM
:vomit I feel that sickening feeling comin back around.

Being around all that burnt orange is bound to make people sick sooner or later ;)

Mr Dio
09-14-2005, 05:48 PM

thats bull shit
well it does happen, i saw some texas dudes talk mad shit to this ARkansas fan back in 2003, it was embarassing
alcohol does shit like this

Yeah, I can say that shitty fans of every school are everywhere but Buckeye fans are for the most part very cool. The fans I was licky enough to hang with were all class & very accomodating. I did meet a couple of complete assholes but I think that you'll see a larger % of shitty fans being ags..Not all ags, but they will show themselves like corn in shit.

...But hopefully basketball season yields better chances of attendance.

Well M, the ags have to stand a chance in something..It ain't football though.

Ginofan
09-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Well M, the ags have to stand a chance in something..It ain't football though.

I'm okay with that, it's the rebuilding era. Plus I like basketball better anyway :lol

Ginofan
09-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I can say that shitty fans of every school are everywhere but Buckeye fans are for the most part very cool. The fans I was licky enough to hang with were all class & very accomodating. I did meet a couple of complete assholes but I think that you'll see a larger % of shitty fans being ags..Not all ags, but they will show themselves like corn in shit.

I doubt that. I think it just depends on who all you meet. Every organization has their pool of idiots/assholes...just because you've met more Aggies that were less than friendly you have the perception that alot of Aggies are like that. And because you've met alot more nice Buckeye fans you think alot of them are cool. Your vision is skewed. I try not to generalize... a few of my good friends are Lakerfans for pete's sake! :lol Anyways, it would just be cool if everyone gave everyone else a chance.

Mr Dio
09-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Well, I work with, chat to & at games sit next to diff ag fans of all types..Not all but many never cease to amaze me with their classless nature.
I meet Buckeye fans once every so many yrs but they remain largely classy.

I guess many don't rememeber that what is taking place on the field or court is JUST A GAME.
Stay cool M, don't be one of those types.

samikeyp
09-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Having grown up in this state, my experience has been that of the UT and A&M fans I have met, most are pretty cool. They pimp their respective teams but only a few on each side have been nasty about it. What cracks me up is a lot of those who are nasty have never attended either school. Two of my three closest friends are Aggie fans and I like to believe that we represent the way the majority of the way those fans act. We talk trash but its all in fun. I am sure that if A&M beats UT, the next time I see Mandy, she will give me some shit..we will both laugh and I will end up buying her a beer or something...its all in good fun.

Mr Dio
09-14-2005, 06:38 PM
What cracks me up immensely is the way many people weren't fans of any team til they went to a certain school..Many Buck fans were raised the way they were as I was, for many years & will still in single digit yrs in elementary school.
I guess the simple concept of a fan escapes many because the majority of Ohio State football & Kentucky basketball fans are from the state but never went to the school itself.
Anyone need a link to look up the meaning of a "fan"?

samikeyp
09-14-2005, 06:43 PM
I guess the simple concept of a fan escapes many because the majority of Ohio State football & Kentucky basketball fans are from the state but never went to the school itself.
Anyone need a link to look up the meaning of a "fan"?

Is this a bad thing? I never attended UT but I am a Longhorn fan. I don't think you have to go to that school just to root for them. Now I do not claim to be "a Longhorn" because that would imply I attended UT but I don't see the problem with being of a fan of a school even though you didn't attend class there.

Mr Dio
09-14-2005, 06:55 PM
A bad thing?, Being a fan? Not in my book.
Just an observation I've made while reading different posts over time by the common senseless.
I see many times over how a person can't possibly be a fan if they didn't go to school somewhere.

KewlKat00
09-14-2005, 08:45 PM
I see many times over how a person can't possibly be a fan if they didn't go to school somewhere.

i don't think that's true. i mean, i am a spurs fan... but i've never played for the spurs. alot of people are fans of colleges for the same reasons as professional sports... based on location, etc.

growing up i was a texas fan (but i wasnt an extreme fan)... but i happened to go to usc. so now i am, obviously, a usc fan. i will be a usc fan for the rest of my life. but most of my family still cheers for texas, even though only one of my cousins went there.

Kdfelicity
09-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Being around all that burnt orange is bound to make people sick sooner or later ;)

Actually, I almost bought a Burnt Orange Jeep Wrangler thank you very much. I was going to sign for it that day but my parents thought wranglers were too dangerous.

Ginofan
09-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Actually, I almost bought a Burnt Orange Jeep Wrangler thank you very much. I was going to sign for it that day but my parents thought wranglers were too dangerous.
Wranglers are dangerous! But I was only kidding when I said that about burnt orange making people sick :)

Mr Dio
09-14-2005, 09:48 PM
don't think that's true. i mean, i am a spurs fan... but i've never played for the spurs. alot of people are fans of colleges for the same reasons as professional sports... based on location, etc.
growing up i was a texas fan (but i wasnt an extreme fan)... but i happened to go to usc. so now i am, obviously, a usc fan. i will be a usc fan for the rest of my life. but most of my family still cheers for texas, even though only one of my cousins went there

You don't think it is true that-----MANY idiots say that someone isn't OR can't be a fan of a college sports team because they didn't go to that school?
I see these IDIOTS everyday on this board & I don't see their point having any validity.
I am & have been a UT sports fan since I was 7yo & I still haven't went to school in aUsTin.
I think you, and others miss my point entirely.

Marcus Bryant
09-14-2005, 09:58 PM
Well, I work with, chat to & at games sit next to diff ag fans of all types..Not all but many never cease to amaze me with their classless nature.

Good one, Pot.

KewlKat00
09-14-2005, 10:16 PM
You don't think it is true that-----MANY idiots say that someone isn't OR can't be a fan of a college sports team because they didn't go to that school?
I see these IDIOTS everyday on this board & I don't see their point having any validity.
I am & have been a UT sports fan since I was 7yo & I still haven't went to school in aUsTin.
I think you, and others miss my point entirely.

i don't think it is true that you can't be a fan of a college sports team because you didn't go to that school... but I KNOW that there are alot of idiots that would say otherwise. but they obviously just want to hate. it is their loss for not knowing a true fan.

i get your point. i follow two teams passionately. i love both teams equally, but the circumstances are different. the first team is the spurs. i have been a spurs fan since i was in kindergarten. even though i don't live in san antonio, i only root for the spurs. the spurs were my team because i was raised in san antonio. the second team is sc football. the second i chose to go to usc, i began cheering for them. it's my team because it's my school. but there are people that i graduated with that could care less how our football team does... so obviously going to a school doesn't make you a fan of that team.

people have different reasons for becoming a fan, but BEING a fan is what makes you a fan of a certain team... that is what i meant. (is that your point?)

Mr Dio
09-14-2005, 10:31 PM
people have different reasons for becoming a fan, but BEING a fan is what makes you a fan of a certain team... that is what i meant. (is that your point?)

Amen man!

the second team is sc football. the second i chose to go to usc, i began cheering for them. it's my team because it's my school

I got 2 words for you man..KING TACO!
I miss SoCal but to tell you the truth, I wouldn't want to live there unless I could have a home in the SA/aUsTin area as well. GREAT place to stay a while but live..Well, we all differ in opinions , ya know?
One of my best buds from the Corps lives on Manchester a block or 2 from Playa & is a hardcore Trojan fan because that is his alma mater as well.

Kdfelicity
09-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Hey Kewl, why'd you move to LA?

KewlKat00
09-14-2005, 10:41 PM
I miss SoCal but to tell you the truth, I wouldn't want to live there unless I could have a home in the SA/aUsTin area as well. GREAT place to stay a while but live..Well, we all differ in opinions , ya know?
One of my best buds from the Corps lives on Manchester a block or 2 from Playa & is a hardcore Trojan fan because that is his alma mater as well.

actually, we don't all differ in opinions. i don't think it is that great of a place to live. there are definitely positives to living out here, but san antonio or austin is more my type of place. being in school was so great because i could pretty much split my time between the two. the best of both worlds. but now that it's over, i'll move back eventually... maybe after the football season... i just can't leave it yet. there is nothing like college football. my parents don't quite understand that going to all of the sc home games makes staying out here in this "crazy place" worth it. :lol

KewlKat00
09-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey Kewl, why'd you move to LA?

to go to school at usc. i really couldn't give you a solid answer why, but it was a combination of things that made me choose sc (over tulane and ut). weather, academics, away from home, big sports program, something different...

i graduated in 2004, but i am still living here. this will never be home for me, but it's fun... and most importantly, it made me realize how much i love texas.

Mr Dio
09-15-2005, 07:34 AM
I was stationed on Camp Pendleton in the late 80s & he stayed out there.
I went to LA/Pico Rivera, South Orange or San Diego County every wkend to get away from it for a while.

Very nice SoCal is.

SWC Bonfire
09-15-2005, 02:29 PM
I did meet a couple of complete assholes but I think that you'll see a larger % of shitty fans being ags..Not all ags, but they will show themselves like corn in shit.

I find this highly unlikely, unless you made a complete ass out of yourself.:rolleyes

Mr Dio
09-15-2005, 05:27 PM
I find this highly unlikely, unless you made a complete ass out of yourself

No I didn't, but I refused to be intimidated by those assholes, They had the same sense of being an ass that might be rising in you right now.
Are you corn boy?

mookie2001
09-15-2005, 06:15 PM
mr dio post your game pics

Cant_Be_Faded
09-15-2005, 06:35 PM
September rolls around yet again, Mr. Dio is silently posting pictures of the santa klaus and mookie is quietly hanging tinsley around the yard.

Kdfelicity
09-15-2005, 07:16 PM
to go to school at usc. i really couldn't give you a solid answer why, but it was a combination of things that made me choose sc (over tulane and ut). weather, academics, away from home, big sports program, something different...

i graduated in 2004, but i am still living here. this will never be home for me, but it's fun... and most importantly, it made me realize how much i love texas.

Awww... I should hope you still love Texas! California must be a big switch. I don't think I could live there after I've spent my whole life in Texas. I'm surprised you haven't come back yet!

Mr Dio
09-15-2005, 07:41 PM
mr dio post your game pics

Will do.
The best ones I have to get developed cuz the dig cam was put away during the game..Had the 35mm out w/a big lense.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-15-2005, 08:40 PM
Were you wearing burnt orange?
Did any Buckeye fans try to pick a fight with you?

Mr Dio
09-16-2005, 01:06 PM
I was wearing a burnt orange UT shirt w/Bevo on it as well as my burnt orange cap.

The Buck fans wear ribbing as any others were but only a few of them were real asses. I will say this, the closer I got to the stadium from Lane Ave the more hostile it got. The vast majority were very cool though. Many even said if it were Ohio State v Mich that tempers would be worse.

I will post some Lane Ave pics so you can see what I mean by the best game I'd ever been to. Lane is like 6th St in Austin when it closed down on Halloween night but with a big game atmosphere to boot.

j-6
09-16-2005, 01:07 PM
How was the "talent" in Columbus, anyway?

Mr Dio
09-16-2005, 01:18 PM
A BIG WOW on the talent!
Compares with Texas, Cali & Fla very well believe it or not.

Columbus reminds me of aUsTin very much.
I would love to go see the OSU v Mich game next yr.

Horry For 3!
09-16-2005, 01:38 PM
Is this a bad thing? I never attended UT but I am a Longhorn fan. I don't think you have to go to that school just to root for them. Now I do not claim to be "a Longhorn" because that would imply I attended UT but I don't see the problem with being of a fan of a school even though you didn't attend class there.
I Agree. Because I've been a fan of UT since I was a little kid yet how could I go to that college? I was only a little kid....

Mr Dio
09-16-2005, 02:52 PM
I Agree. Because I've been a fan of UT since I was a little kid yet how could I go to that college? I was only a little kid

Exactly right, BUT, how does this very simple logic escape so many people?
Are those people that can't grasp this subject & think otherwise very stupid or very jealous of a certain sports team? Maybe a little of both?

Marcus Bryant
09-16-2005, 04:24 PM
My my, something's under his skin.

Mr Dio
09-16-2005, 05:28 PM
Ahhhh, is Mucus upset because SHE wasn't invited to this party?
Tough Shit Faggot! :lol

Marcus Bryant
09-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Damn, you are one dumb motherfucker.

Mr Dio
09-17-2005, 01:35 PM
My my, something's under HER skin. :lmao

You are too easy son..Stick to Nickelodeon. :lol

Marcus Bryant
09-17-2005, 01:51 PM
No, you are just one dumb motherfucker. I don't see anyone rising to your defense.

Horry For 3!
09-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Also, maybe people couldn't get into UT or couldn't afford it....yet they still like UT. I know a tons of people who go to Tx State who are UT fans.

Mr Dio
09-17-2005, 03:55 PM
No, you are just one dumb motherfucker. I don't see anyone rising to your defense.

Defense??? You sad asses living on the Down Low are so lame.
What kind of sissy ass faggot are you that you need someone to defend you queer?
Your Daddy is speaking to you son! Answer me boy!

Mr Dio
09-17-2005, 03:59 PM

BTW, I am very anxious to see who RISES to your defense because that would tell me who you are currently boffing.
Hmmmm, will it be a man?

Horry For 3!
09-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Texas game is on :elephant

Marcus Bryant
09-17-2005, 08:45 PM
Defense??? You sad asses living on the Down Low are so lame.
What kind of sissy ass faggot are you that you need someone to defend you queer?
Your Daddy is speaking to you son! Answer me boy!

It seems like you have some unresolved personal issues.

mookie2001
09-18-2005, 05:58 PM
marcus you are by far the most scoffed poster on spurstalk

Cant_Be_Faded
01-05-2006, 01:39 AM
looks like the dominant aggie avatar of marcus bryant has been owned up the throat by dominant texan playrs

Cant_Be_Faded
11-18-2009, 01:47 AM
marcus you are by far the most scoffed poster on spurstalk

:rollin
dets why he never posts here anymore

IronMexican
11-18-2009, 02:18 AM

And he's a UNC bball fan

lol

DMX7
11-18-2009, 02:26 AM
I agree with the above. However, is it really necessary to bring back these ancient threads?

Whisky Dog
11-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Whatever happened to the 2005 wonder that was Billy Pittman?

Colt never threw shit to that boy, after 05 he was just Bill Pittman