PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's success is good for Duncan

JohnnyMax
06-10-2015, 01:54 AM
It takes away the luster from Kobe's legacy by turning the Kobe/Duncan argument into 3-way debate.

spursparker9
06-10-2015, 02:02 AM
Different Era tbh....

Timmy will still be pin against kobe

SASdynasty!
06-10-2015, 11:05 AM
It takes away the luster from Kobe's legacy by turning the Kobe/Duncan argument into 3-way debate.
I agree in a long-shot scenario. Let's say Lebron wins this year and ends up winning 2 or 3 more (with the current East, who's going to keep him from going to the Finals almost every year for the next few?) Let's say Lebron ends up with 6. That would give him a 6/9 Finals record. If that ended up the case, then Duncan essentially prevented Lebron from going 8/9, which could have pretty much solidified him as the GOAT. Especially when you consider that Lebron didn't have the terrible playoff record that Jordan started with (1-9 before he got Pippen, and never won before Phil), I think the argument would certainly be there.

Maj_G
06-11-2015, 09:26 PM
It actually makes Timmy look good. See this MJ won 6 rings playing again the likes of Barkley and Molone & Stockton, Timmy won 5 playing against the likes of LeBron and Kobe n Shaq. Timmy >> MJ, he also won the head to head battle with LeBron :)

Stabula
06-11-2015, 11:33 PM
I thought Kobe has already been exposed as an overrated chucker who is nothing more than a team cancer.

SpurPadre
06-11-2015, 11:38 PM
I thought Kobe has already been exposed as an overrated chucker who is nothing more than a team cancer.

For those with knowledge but not for ESPN.

Buddy Mignon
06-11-2015, 11:55 PM
This is what you all have been hoping. Hype up Lebron as GOAT material then sneak through the back door and say, "but Jim owns Lebron." He's the problem with that scenario, faggots... Kobe owns Jim. How bout that...

http://www.sportsviews.com/media/files_image/1/user43698/3114d11717e.jpg

hitmantb
06-12-2015, 08:45 AM
I disagree completely. One more ring + FMVP will tie LeBron up with Duncan in Ring + MVP + FMVP competition. For top 10 all time, this is the hard currency, it is the first 3 items on every player's wiki page.

Most top-10 lists has LeBron over/tied with Kobe now because of this. Both have 8 points, many consider MVP to be worth more than ring without FMVP in a tie breaker situation for a top 10 all time, we are ranking the greatest individuals after all. Very few has Duncan behind either after the 2014 title because Duncan now has 10 points. LeBron will get the tie breaker if he wins it this year with Cleveland Knicks against a 67 win team. His biggest knock is inability to pull off a lone wolf title like Duncan did in 2003 (highest post season win share of all time), but beating the Warriors without Love/Irving would give him that, then some.

As for who is going to stop him in the East, 5 straight finals puts a ton of stress on anyone, even if it is the East. East is also quite physical and you can see this year, LeBron had the worst shooting post season of his career. His body has been godlike, but who knows when it will finally break down? I see LeBron as the Shaq of perimeter players, but even Shaq eventually wore out.