PDA

View Full Version : El Che's 7 Keys to the 2015 NBA Finals

cheguevara
06-10-2015, 10:34 AM
*** I know it's late comrades. This one doesn't count and is just for shits and giggles. Just wanted to take the Keys out for a stroll in the park to see if they need a tune up. This is the way I would have done it before this series started....

Piracy is illegal.

El Che's 7 keys correctly predicted 2013 Heat vs Spurs Finals and last years Heat vs Spurs Finals, can they do it again this year? sure they can

The 7 Keys to the NBA Finals.
This methodology has predicted the correct outcome in every NBA Finals since long, long time ago...

Key #1: Which team's best player is better. This also might be the tie breaking key.
This key is tougher to decide than years before. Curry is playing astronomically and is being called the best shooter ever. Lebron is playing at Lebron levels but nobody can deny this playoffs he seems re-energized. He also went pretty much from minus to plus through the playoff and singlehandely decimated the Hawks in the ECF. I would call this key a tie, but Lebron is already a 2 time champ, Curry, this is just his first appearance here (everyone remembers Lebron's first Finals: swept), also Lebron is putting up numbers all across the board. This key goes to the Cavs.

Key #2: Which team has the better 2-4 players.
I am comparing Irving, JR Smith and Thompson to Klay, Barnes and Green. Again, pretty close. But nobody can deny Irving is a franchise player on his own. Except he is hurting. This key would go to the Cavs normally, but Irving's bum knee comes into play. Nobody gets this key. (Again this is not taking into consideration Irving went out of the series after game 1)

Key #3: Home Court Advantage.
Warriors take this key.

Key #4: Coaching Advantage.
These are 2 first time coaches in the Finals. Although normally Kerr would take this key as he has had a better overall record, we can't deny the fact that Blatt is not really a true coach. The Cavs are being co-coached by Lebron and his people, this is no news. Based on this fact, Blatt is more of a supporting coach, but Lebron is making many of the decisions out there, him being out there and being a great basketball mind actually helps Cleveland's case here. Nobody gets this key.

Key #5: Experience Advantage.
Cavaliers take this key. Lebron, 2 time champ and team leader. Warriors are all new to the Finals, nerves will play a part in their game.

Key #6: Defensive Advantage. Defense wins championships.
This Key goes to the Warriors.

Key #7: Best 5-8 Players.
On the warriors the players in discussion here are clearly Bogut, Iggy, Barbosa and Livingston(or Lee?) For the Cavs this could be composed of Shumpert, Mozgov, Dellavedova and Jones. Again, this is closer than most people think.

This could be a deciding key so the group to take it would have to be clearly better. I don't see any player here that could make that difference. All are playing good, but none are playing great. Last year for example, Diaw and Green were playing out of this planet. So nobody gets this key.

There you have it. This time just like in 2013, it's all tied up and the series will be decided by the holder of key #1. The team with the best player.

** again this does not count, please don't bash, just wanted to test the keys out this year (although late)

hater
06-10-2015, 11:59 AM
I called Worriers to choke under the bright lights back in April.

It was obvious to anyone not eating that ESPN NBA media hype dick tbqh

in2deep
06-11-2015, 07:50 PM
assuming you would have predicted this outcome before the series. The Irving injury should have made the Warriors the favorites no?

then are your keys flawed?

Sean Cagney
06-11-2015, 09:30 PM
assuming you would have predicted this outcome before the series. The Irving injury should have made the Warriors the favorites no?

then are your keys flawed?
If they win tonight they are still faves imo.