View Full Version : Cavs: Cavs inability to hold leads

MultiTroll
06-10-2015, 12:21 PM
Game

2. 79-68 after a Della trey
83-72 after a Bron trey
3:14 remaining.

1:41 still up 5 after two Bron fts.
Mix in among other things some JR Smith moments.

Overtime. Still won.

3. 72-57 up 15 to start the 4th.
Golden pulls within 3 with
in only about 6 minutes.

91-83 with 51 freaking seconds left and they still let the Warriors get within 3 -with 18 seconds still left on the clock!

Sure the Cavs are up 2-1 and it's all good for them now. But if they giftwrap another lead, or even two giftwrapped games and this thing could still go the Warriors way.
Thoughts?

JoeTait75
06-10-2015, 12:27 PM
This has been going on throughout the playoffs. They nearly blew a 17-point fourth-quarter lead in Game 5 against Chicago, nearly blew an 18-point fourth-quarter lead in Game 1 against Atlanta and did blow a 10-point fourth-quarter lead in Game 3 against Atlanta before winning in overtime. Combination of team-wide fatigue and the offense stagnating thanks to too much "LeISO," imo.

MultiTroll
06-10-2015, 12:31 PM
^^ Cavs really lucked out with that out of bounds call where Thompsan touched the ball in Della hands thus the automatic out-of-bounds to Cavs call.

Dellas pass was intercepted.
Wow.

And it would appear that Curry is back on track.
Sure he had to chuck in the 4th thus had nothing to lose. It could be argued that is why he started hitting.
Nonetheless he hit a lot of those tough rainbows.
I think he's gonna be back.

Thread
06-10-2015, 12:41 PM
And it would appear that Curry is back on track.
Sure he had to chuck in the 4th thus had nothing to lose. It could be argued that is why he started hitting.
Nonetheless he hit a lot of those tough rainbows.
I think he's gonna be back.

That bootie hole was water tight for 3 quarters. It loosened in the 4th, like you said he'd lost the game---though that TO late was unconscionable.

Cleveland will stake him out early tomorrow evening. Try to end him. Blatt will send them.

Blatt

MultiTroll
06-10-2015, 12:51 PM
That bootie hole was water tight for 3 quarters. It loosened in the 4th, like you said he'd lost the game---though that TO late was unconscionable.
NBA players have got to know that when they get a turnover or fast break rebound at the defensive end and bring it up court, very high likelyhood someone on the other team is gonna try to swipe the ball. LeBron may have gotten away with slipping and becoming bowling ball hits bowling pin. But it happened real fast and (i think) he knocked the ball loose before he took out Currys knees.

Fatass Parkers failure to secure the turnover by letting Chrissy Paul knock the ball away was another classic 2015 playoff turnover.

InRareForm
06-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Curry and Thompson making three pointers like layups heavily factored in tbh...

Thread
06-10-2015, 12:54 PM
NBA players have got to know that when they get a turnover or fast break rebound at the defensive end and bring it up court, very high likelyhood someone on the other team is gonna try to swipe the ball. LeBron may have gotten away with slipping and becoming bowling ball hits bowling pin. But it happened real fast and (i think) he knocked the ball loose before he took out Currys knees.

Fatass Parkers failure to secure the turnover by letting Chrissy Paul knock the ball away was another classic 2015 playoff turnover.

I was referencing that one where Curry threw it (top of the key) away without any pressure. Remember that one, Mult? It was awful.

MultiTroll
06-10-2015, 01:01 PM
I was referencing that one where Curry threw it (top of the key) away without any pressure. Remember that one, Mult? It was awful.
The behind the back cutesy pass? Ya.

Thread
06-10-2015, 01:02 PM

Yep. Unforgivable.

Infinite_limit
06-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Inexcusable lack of fundamentals

Thread
06-10-2015, 01:06 PM
Inexcusable lack of fundamentals

Not even that, Inf. Just a lack of self awareness and respect for the crisis he and his team is in.

MultiTroll
06-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Not even that, Inf. Just a lack of self awareness and respect for the crisis he and his team is in.
Yes. That it was behind the back, fine. A competely suitable form of passing, often times effective.
But to not know that his guy had vacated and thus turn it at that point. Wow.

Was he picturing the post game interview already?