PDA

View Full Version : NBA: All-Time greatest teams by SRS and ELO..

Malik Hairston
06-10-2015, 02:25 PM
SRS:
1. 1971 Bucks 11.9: Won Championship
2. 1996 Bulls 11.8: Won Championship
3. 1972 Lakers 11.65: Won Championship
4. 1972 Bucks 10.7: Lost Finals
5. 1997 Bulls 10.7: Won Championship
6. 1992 Bulls 10.07: Won Championship
7. 2015 Warriors 10.01
8. 2008 Celtics 9.31: Won Championship
9. 2013 Thunder 9.15: Westbrook out for playoffs
10. 1986 Celtics 9.06: Won Championship

Lebron is 2 wins away from beating a team with metrics that should be a virtual guarantee and lock for a championship, based on the history of the league..I hope you guys appreciate what you're watching..

Infinite_limit
06-10-2015, 02:31 PM
SRS:
7. 2015 Warriors 10.01

Lebron is 2 wins away from beating a team with metrics that should be a virtual guarantee and lock for a championship, based on the history of the league..I hope you guys appreciate what you're watching..
The closing minutes and Overtime have been tough. So many airballs and poor fundamentals on display.

I watched 2 games at the Bar and each time people on both sides just kinda sat in silence confused as to what they were witnessing.

Thread
06-10-2015, 02:34 PM
The closing minutes and Overtime have been tough. So many airballs and poor fundamentals on display.

I watched 2 games at the Bar and each time people on both sides just kinda sat in silence confused as to what they were witnessing.

The intrinsic value, the heritage of the "LOB" has been lost. Only the surface worth remains,,,symbolism over substance rears it's ugly head once again.

Malik Hairston
06-10-2015, 02:49 PM

Stop, bro..stop..

Infinite_limit
06-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Stop, bro..stop..
70's Bucks brooooo

Malik Hairston
06-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Realistically, though, if the Warriors lose, it would the biggest chokejob of all-time IMO, even surpassing the 2004 Lakers..

Thebesteva
06-10-2015, 03:03 PM
Realistically, though, if the Warriors lose, it would the biggest chokejob of all-time IMO, even surpassing the 2004 Lakers..

How was 2004 a choke job? The problem with 2004 people forget is that Timberwolves series caused a lot of injuries particularly with Derek Fisher and Malone. By the time they played in the finals they had to start Medvedenko.

That team was depleted and facing the best defensive team in NBA history.

ambchang
06-10-2015, 03:03 PM
SRS:
7. 2015 Warriors 10.01

Why are 7 of the top 10 teams of all time played ancient ball?
Why were there 3 teams in the 9:lol's?
Why was there 1 team in the 8:lol's?
Why were there only two teams in the mighty 10's, with one of them not winning it all, and the other in the midst of a disappointing series (disappointing no matter what happens from this point on).

Malik Hairston
06-10-2015, 03:07 PM
How was 2004 a choke job? The problem with 2004 people forget is that Timberwolves series caused a lot of injuries particularly with Derek Fisher and Malone. By the time they played in the finals they had to start Medvedenko.

I agree in hindsight and the Lakers supporting cast was pretty bad following Malone's injury, but the 2004 Pistons had the biggest upset in the history of the Finals from an odds standpoint, tbh..

Malik Hairston
06-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Why are 7 of the top 10 teams of all time played ancient ball?
Why were there 3 teams in the 9:lol's?
Why was there 1 team in the 8:lol's?
Why were there only two teams in the mighty 10's, with one of them not winning it all, and the other in the midst of a disappointing series (disappointing no matter what happens from this point on).

We can discuss this later, following the Finals, this thread is about the feat Lebron is going to potentially accomplish with his team..

Infinite_limit
06-10-2015, 03:09 PM

Hindsight it's not because of what the Pistons achieved afterwards

Arnold Toht
06-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Can I get a win expectancy statistic for the Spurs up 5 with <30 seconds in the Duncan era?

ambchang
06-10-2015, 03:13 PM
We can discuss this later, following the Finals, this thread is about the feat Lebron is going to potentially accomplish with his team..

This has everything to do with what Lebron is doing, because you are trying to show how impressive these wins are over GSW, and the proof you are pulling is a stat that is 100% contradictory to what you have been believing and preaching for months. So either you are wrong about ancient ball, or this thread is pointless.

Clipper Nation
06-10-2015, 03:13 PM

They were sellin' your shit. You were the prohibitive favorites with a stacked team and Shaq was dominating down low. But Kirbs refused to pass the ball to him and chucked it out of the case. Colossal chokejob.

spurraider21
06-10-2015, 03:22 PM
shocked the 82-82 sixers aren't even on that list...

ElNono
06-10-2015, 03:31 PM
Can I get a win expectancy statistic for the Spurs up 5 with <30 seconds in the Duncan era?

Duncan rang

Malik Hairston
06-10-2015, 03:35 PM
This has everything to do with what Lebron is doing, because you are trying to show how impressive these wins are over GSW, and the proof you are pulling is a stat that is 100% contradictory to what you have been believing and preaching for months. So either you are wrong about ancient ball, or this thread is pointless.

:lol it doesn't contradict anything I've been preaching, actually..stop reaching..

It's just displaying the level of dominance those teams displayed in relation to their competition..the Warriors should be a lock for the title, based on the predictive model's history..

Arnold Toht
06-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Duncan rang

But he didn't repeat. Nor get the upper hand on Kobe in rings. Better luck next year faggots

ambchang
06-10-2015, 03:47 PM
:lol it doesn't contradict anything I've been preaching, actually..stop reaching..

It's just displaying the level of dominance those teams displayed in relation to their competition..the Warriors should be a lock for the title, based on the predictive model's history..

If it's in relation to competition, then this speaks to the parity of the league (or lack thereof), not the quality of opponents. Which renders this thread pointless.

Malik Hairston
06-10-2015, 03:49 PM
If it's in relation to competition, then this speaks to the parity of the league (or lack thereof), not the quality of opponents. Which renders this thread pointless.

No, it doesn't..if virtually every team with the same metrics in relation to their competition(and you could point out several other metrics that imply that the Warriors should be a lock for the title) has won a title, then the Warriors should be a lock, which speaks volumes Lebron's potential feat..

ambchang
06-10-2015, 03:54 PM
No, it doesn't..if virtually every team with the same metrics in relation to their competition(and you could point out several other metrics that imply that the Warriors should be a lock for the title) has won a title, then the Warriors should be a lock, which speaks volumes Lebron's potential feat..

It's not a lock, 2 of the 9 teams you listed (not including the 15 GSW) did not win a championship. So it's 77.77777% of the time, which is barely over 3/4 of the time. It's not really a reflective a metric as the Clippers won Games 6 and 7 despite 80% of the teams that won Game 5 after the series was tied 2-2 went on to win the series. So you can argue what the Clippers did to the Spurs was more impressive than what the Cavs can potential do (and still hasn't done).

Malik Hairston
06-10-2015, 03:58 PM
It's not a lock, 2 of the 9 teams you listed (not including the 15 GSW) did not win a championship. So it's 77.77777% of the time, which is barely over 3/4 of the time. It's not really a reflective a metric as the Clippers won Games 6 and 7 despite 80% of the teams that won Game 5 after the series was tied 2-2 went on to win the series. So you can argue what the Clippers did to the Spurs was more impressive than what the Cavs can potential do (and still hasn't done).

7 of the 8 eligible teams won the title, since it's silly to include the Thunder without Westbrook, and the only team that lost was a fellow top 10 team..

Extremely impressive, tbh, especially when you throw in that the Cavs were a +425 underdog, which would be the 2nd biggest upset in Finals history..

The Clippers beating the Spurs was pretty impressive, tbh, not taking anything away from that..what's the % of teams down 3-2 but having HCA, does it make a difference? JW..

ElNono
06-10-2015, 04:52 PM
But

Duncan rang

Thebesteva
06-10-2015, 05:57 PM
I agree in hindsight and the Lakers supporting cast was pretty bad following Malone's injury, but the 2004 Pistons had the biggest upset in the history of the Finals from an odds standpoint, tbh..

I def agree with that statement...without Malone tho, there was no team left with a fat shaq and a selfish Kobe

Thebesteva
06-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Hindsight it's not because of what the Pistons achieved afterwards

Im not talking hindsight...even in that series that 2004 Pistons were much better than the wobbling Lakers

If reggie makes that dunk though, those Pistons go on to lose and Lakers v Pacers 2 would have favored LA imho.

http://www.ultimate-youth-basketball-guide.com/images/tayshaun-prince-blocks-reggie-miller-21357614.jpg

TD 21
06-10-2015, 07:58 PM

What it doesn't factor in, is how unique they are for a team with their metrics. No prior history of being a team even close to this caliber, PG being by far the best player on the roster, no other HOF caliber player, rookie coach, faced no adversity throughout the season.

This is why I never feared this team like the numbers suggested they should be.

midnightpulp
06-10-2015, 10:58 PM

The Lakers were favored to sweep by pretty much every analyst and pundit. The Malone injury is a weak excuse. He played 4 games in the series and had little impact. I also think Slava (a good shooter) was a better matchup against those Pistons because he could improve spacing. Shaq also dominated the paint. If we're going to call a spade a spade, the reason for the upset was Kobe gunning for the Finals MVP and not being able to stop Rip Hamilton.

pgardn
06-10-2015, 11:03 PM
SRS:
I hope you guys appreciate what you're watching..

What we are watching is some really shitty basketball.

DMC
06-10-2015, 11:10 PM

2004 was a massive choke job. Injuries are excuses used by pussies and assholes. Your fearless leader won't say that to you due to contract restrictions, but that's his ethos.

DMC
06-10-2015, 11:12 PM
The Lakers were favored to sweep by pretty much every analyst and pundit. The Malone injury is a weak excuse. He played 4 games in the series and had little impact. I also think Slava (a good shooter) was a better matchup against those Pistons because he could improve spacing. Shaq also dominated the paint. If we're going to call a spade a spade, the reason for the upset was Kobe gunning for the Finals MVP and not being able to stop Rip Hamilton.
At that point Kobe did not have a Finals MVP. He was at odds with Shaq who had 3. He was flying back and from from his rape trial. Shaq openly criticized him for not passing the ball. The stats don't lie, Kobe threw that series away Kobe style.

CitizenDwayne
06-10-2015, 11:23 PM
OP always provides fresh takes.

Lebron's good, that's very illuminating! :bobo

Malik Hairston
06-10-2015, 11:40 PM

I didn't know it's my job to provide fresh takes, tbh:lol(although nobody is talking about the content in this thread anywhere else, tbh, technically it's fresh)..

Clipper Nation
06-10-2015, 11:47 PM

Unfortunately, people on here are so retarded that it has to be repeated over and over again in hopes that they'll finally get it.

ambchang
06-11-2015, 09:35 AM
We are certainly watching the most unwatchable basketball in the Finals since Lakers vs. Celtics though

Thread
06-11-2015, 09:42 AM
We are certainly watching the most unwatchable basketball in the Finals since Lakers vs. Celtics though

Yeah, once Perkins fell over. It was like somebody died. I mean Ainge didn't have to go home, but, he sure as Hell had to get the Hell out of there. tee, hee.

ambchang
06-11-2015, 09:45 AM
7 of the 8 eligible teams won the title, since it's silly to include the Thunder without Westbrook, and the only team that lost was a fellow top 10 team..

Extremely impressive, tbh, especially when you throw in that the Cavs were a +425 underdog, which would be the 2nd biggest upset in Finals history..

The Clippers beating the Spurs was pretty impressive, tbh, not taking anything away from that..what's the % of teams down 3-2 but having HCA, does it make a difference? JW..

Why is Thunder without Westbrook ineligible? Injuries are part of the game.

And no, 7 out of 8 is not insurmountable. The number only showed the parity of the league, and the fact that there could be two top ten teams in the same year illustrates that.

That doesn't even mention GSW comes in 7 out of the 10, on the lower end of the spectrum, and that teams 11 to 14 on the list failed to win the championship.

ambchang
06-11-2015, 09:46 AM
Yeah, once Perkins fell over. It was like somebody died. I mean Ainge didn't have to go home, but, he sure as Hell had to get the Hell out of there. tee, hee.

It was just all around horrible basketball. Having Perkins there would make it even more unwatchable.

Thread
06-11-2015, 09:49 AM
It was just all around horrible basketball. Having Perkins there would make it even more unwatchable.

I'll just bet it was. About 13 down 3rd quarter you eased on forward, then Fish snatched the life right out of ya,,,and you went back to being...amb.

That's was the nite Kori ran Luva because she couldn't take it,,,just dish it.

Splits
06-11-2015, 09:49 AM
At that point Kobe did not have a Finals MVP. He was at odds with Shaq who had 3. He was flying back and from from his rape trial. Shaq openly criticized him for not passing the ball. The stats don't lie, Kobe threw that series away Kobe style.

Pictures don't lie either.

http://i.imgur.com/4Z9C9hP.jpg

https://moneypennydd.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/shaq2.jpg

http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/byrant.jpg

DMC
06-11-2015, 09:52 AM
I'll just bet it was. About 13 down 3rd quarter you eased on forward, then Fish snatched the life right out of ya,,,and you went back to being...amb.

Then you subsequently get your shit pushed in and were shinin' shoes with us, right there with us. You basically told Fish to fuck off with his miracle heave.

Thread
06-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Then you subsequently get your shit pushed in and were shinin' shoes with us, right there with us. You basically told Fish to fuck off with his miracle heave.

Absolutely. That was before you knew about counts. I taught you that, son. Me

ambchang
06-11-2015, 09:54 AM

Yup, those crazy amount of FTs in the 4th really was something else, never saw it before in my life, except in 2000 vs. the Blazers and 2002 vs. the Kings.

Thread
06-11-2015, 10:00 AM
Yup, those crazy amount of FTs in the 4th really was something else, never saw it before in my life, except in 2000 vs. the Blazers and 2002 vs. the Kings.

Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

---

Adelmann begged that fucker out of the TO to stand fast in the ranks. The horn, amb, the fuckin' horn blarin' as that shot comes in. CWEBB is tardy, oh, him tardy. The last look:::the game clock on top of the back board in full flight. Sweet Jesus!!

iYQDsZljAOY

Splits
06-11-2015, 10:03 AM

---

Adelmann begged that fucker out of the TO to stand fast in the ranks. The horn, amb, the fuckin' horn blarin' as that shot comes in. CWEBB is tardy, oh, him tardy. The last look:::the game clock on top of the back board in full flight. Sweet Jesus!!

iYQDsZljAOY

Yeah, because that video shows 2 of these...

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk200/playlifevr4/380291_10150998387509050_1996452723_n.jpg

ambchang
06-11-2015, 10:07 AM

Ditto for those who blame the media, tbh.

---

iYQDsZljAOY

Horry was clutch, no doubt, but that wasn't Game 6.

Thread
06-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Here's your's as JVG eviscerates Tim Duncan:::

J3NvhxKicJY

pgardn
06-11-2015, 10:10 AM

Exactly what I was thinking.

That series went 7 dreadful games.
Game 7 involved volleyball rebounding after Perkins died.
Awful stuff.

Thread
06-11-2015, 10:11 AM
Exactly what I was thinking.

That series went 7 dreadful games.
Game 7 involved volleyball rebounding after Perkins died.
Awful stuff.

It was only dreadful because it catapulted Kobe over that queer Duncan.

Splits
06-11-2015, 10:14 AM

It was terrible basketball. In 7 games, they only broke the 100pt threshold in 2.

Also, in H2H Finals matchups between the Lakers and Celtics... Lakers 3;;;Celtics 9

:lmao

9>3

Thread
06-11-2015, 10:15 AM
It was terrible basketball. In 7 games, they only broke the 100pt threshold in 2.

Well, that is certainly Media driven oversight.:rolleyes

pgardn
06-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Here's your's as JVG eviscerates Tim Duncan:::

]

Evisceration implies the end.

Duncan has been thru it all.
He still stands, he still performs.
The bane of all Laker fans unfettered by mere fly swats.

Now THE pinnacle of extended excellence.
And so it was and shall be.

Thread
06-11-2015, 10:17 AM
Evisceration implies the end.

No. It doesn't. That night Van Gundy broke his hole, because Duncan deserved to have his hole opened up.

pgardn
06-11-2015, 10:20 AM

No it was dreadful as players forgot how to shoot.
The NBA, realizing the sport had morphed into rassln, signed a contract with SKY sports and the series was shown under the guise of Rugby all over Europe.

Congrats.

pgardn
06-11-2015, 10:23 AM
No. It doesn't. That night Van Gundy broke his hole, because Duncan deserved to have his hole opened up.

So Duncan walks around with intestines trailing and still performs.
STILL.
Add to the legend of your never ending torture.

Thread
06-11-2015, 10:36 AM
So Duncan walks around with intestines trailing and still performs.
STILL.
Add to the legend of your never ending torture.

That 1st 5th withstanding.

pgardn
06-11-2015, 10:42 AM
That 1st 5th withstanding.

Its not over.
And you fear it.
He lives. He performs.

Thread
06-11-2015, 10:46 AM
Its not over.
And you fear it.
He lives. He performs.

Ya think, pg! Of course I fear it. That's why this Finals has been a distinct pleasure. He's gone. Early. I figure one more session at risk and I'll be clear.

pgardn
06-11-2015, 11:32 AM
Ya think, pg! Of course I fear it. That's why this Finals has been a distinct pleasure. He's gone. Early. I figure one more session at risk and I'll be clear.

Energy poorly spent.
Save those resources for something significant.
Dream of Kobe coming back at the minimum and winning a championship on different coattails.
Preferably Lebron's.

Well hush my mouth, I have inadvertently added to the energy allotted for fear...
Apologies are in order no they are not.