PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame

HB22inSA
09-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Is taking Michigan to the end.

They're baaaack!!!

They'll beat Tennessee, too, and maybe just get the upset of the year--beating #1 USC at Notre Dame Stadium...

2centsworth
09-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Here comes the ass kissing. That's why people can't stand Notre Dame, win one game and they think they're going to go undefeated. Notre Dame is Lucky Henne sucked a huge egg today.

I expect Notre Dame to get their asses kicked several times this year. USC is going to beat the hell out of them.

IcemanCometh
09-10-2005, 04:11 PM
Notre Dame will be ranked #1 next week

Horry For 3!
09-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Notre Dame! Woooo! My 2nd fav team :)

midgetonadonkey
09-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Notre Dame has a good chance of going 10-1 or 9-2. They will be the team to beat when Charlie's starts getting his type of players in his system. Notre Dame will be National Champs in 3 years. Bank on it.

JoeChalupa
09-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Go Notre Dame!!

KewlKat00
09-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Here comes the ass kissing. That's why people can't stand Notre Dame, win one game and they think they're going to go undefeated. Notre Dame is Lucky Henne sucked a huge egg today.

I expect Notre Dame to get their asses kicked several times this year. USC is going to beat the hell out of them.

i agree. notre dame looked good today. although henne sure helped them. not to mention that hart was injured.

i think this year's usc-notre dame game will be good... about time... the 2002 game was supposed to be good (both in the top 10), but that didn't happen.

Horry For 3!
09-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Sweet! My 2 favorite teams won big games today :) Texas beats Ohio State & Notre Dame beats Michigan :elephant

j-6
09-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Notre Dame has a good chance of going 10-1 or 9-2. They will be the team to beat when Charlie's starts getting his type of players in his system. Notre Dame will be National Champs in 3 years. Bank on it.

They've beaten a Pitt team that lost to Ohio and a Michigan team that only beat Northern Illinois by sixteen. NIU had something like 440 yards of offense, but turned the ball over five times last week.

I think Michigan State will beat them next week.

Johnny Tightlips
09-12-2005, 01:44 AM

I ain't sayin' nothin'.

SWC Bonfire
09-12-2005, 10:03 AM

Remember that time, when Notre Dame got a new coach, and they won like 8 games in a row? Remember that?

That guy got fired last year.

sa_butta
09-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Damn lucky Irish, Wolverines always have bad luck against these bastards. Michigan had a chance to win that game. I think they can still win the Big Ten.

samikeyp
09-12-2005, 01:12 PM

I hope so.

KewlKat00
09-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Remember that time, when Notre Dame got a new coach, and they won like 8 games in a row? Remember that?

That guy got fired last year.

i believe the time was november 2002 when the #7 ranked irish came to the coliseum. everyone was predicting a close game with the trojans (who were also on a roll after two early season losses). most even thought the irish would win and secure the wild card bcs berth.... but carson palmer absolutely destroyed the irish. put up the most yards ever against notre dame. good times.

so part of me hopes that the irish keep on winning... until we play them in october. :)

Cant_Be_Faded
09-12-2005, 03:59 PM
:td

msufan420
09-12-2005, 05:18 PM

Smart, smart, smart man right here. Being that MSU is unranked, they aren't getting the kind of press that they should be right now. If I'm not mistaking, they have the most total offensive yards in the NCAA right now, and avg. 599 yds per game. All due in part to their rushing game led by Jehuu Caulcrick, Jason Teague, and freshman sensation Javon Ringer. Notre Dame could get rolled up and exposed this week. Although it will be tough because it is in South Bend and I'm pretty sure the Irish will be pumped up. However, I have faith in my Spartans.

samikeyp
09-12-2005, 05:23 PM
to be fair though, MSU....the Spartans have rolled up those yards against Kent State and Hawaii. It will not be easy going into South Bend and facing an inspired Irish team. I think they can pull it off though. After last week in the Big 10, someone has to step up.

msufan420
09-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Trust me, samikey...I'm just as nervous as any other State fan is. I know how tough it will be, and how cupcake their first two games were....but as you say the Irish are playing inspired ball right now, so is MSU. They want to prove that last year's record was a fluke and that they can make a run at the Big 10 title. They may not have the prestige as other programs, but they certainly don't lack the heart. SHould be a great game.

samikeyp
09-12-2005, 06:23 PM
well, they have to go to Columbus so that will be tough and the trip to Purdue could be also...at least they get UM at home and don't play Iowa.

2centsworth
09-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Henne must be Catholic.

I have nothing against the Irish but I've never seen a more over rated program the past 15 years.

KewlKat00
09-12-2005, 10:49 PM
usc fan?

gross.

i graduated from usc in 2004.

but, don't group me with the sterotypical la fan. i am not a casual fan. starting in 2000 (when we sucked) i have been to all of the home games (except notre dame in 2000 when i was in sa for thanksgiving), 3 ucla away games, 1 stanford away game, 1 cal away game, and the 2004 rose bowl. this year, while some people sit (shame on them), i will be standing in the thundering herd.

i just love sports, especially college football. the excitement is great. give me a whole day of games (like last saturday) and i won't leave my apartment... unless sc is playing at home.

msufan420
09-13-2005, 11:31 AM
well, they have to go to Columbus so that will be tough and the trip to Purdue could be also...at least they get UM at home and don't play Iowa.

Purdue = overrated. They only way they make a run at the Big 10 Title is because they don't play either Ohio State or UM. I'm not sold on their QB, Kirsch, either. I'm already conceding a loss to Ohio State, but not to UM. The Wolverines defense is horrible against the run and teams with a mobile QB. We all saw what MSU was able to do against them last year before Stanton got injured....factor in that they are playing at Spartan Stadium, I think that can be a "W" for the green and white. Most likely scenario for State this year, IMO, is the Alamobowl...but for now I want them to focus on shutting up the Irish.

samikeyp
09-13-2005, 11:45 AM
You are in MI right? Whereabouts?

Ballcox
09-13-2005, 12:31 PM
I hope MSU beats the living crap out of ND, they're right up there with my least favorite teams. I do think ND is getting a little too much credit for two early season wins, I'm looking for that explosive MSU offense to blow them out of the water.

msufan420
09-13-2005, 02:34 PM
You are in MI right? Whereabouts?

HAHAHAHA! Sorry for laughing, but I think I've answered this for you about three times. I live here, in SA...however I was born in East Lansing, while my mom was attending MSU. Most of my family resides around Lansing and Grand Rapids, MI...however I've been a Texan for around 20 years.

msufan420
09-13-2005, 02:35 PM
I hope MSU beats the living crap out of ND, they're right up there with my least favorite teams. I do think ND is getting a little too much credit for two early season wins, I'm looking for that explosive MSU offense to blow them out of the water.

you and me both Ballcox. GO GREEN! GO WHITE!

samikeyp
09-13-2005, 03:33 PM
HAHAHAHA! Sorry for laughing, but I think I've answered this for you about three times. I live here, in SA...however I was born in East Lansing, while my mom was attending MSU. Most of my family resides around Lansing and Grand Rapids, MI...however I've been a Texan for around 20 years.

you know, you are correct. my bad! :)

but I think its only been twice. :p

HB22inSA
09-16-2005, 05:41 PM
ummmm, I hate to rain on the Irish hating parade, but Notre Dame will roll up Michigan State like a Burrito.

They'll win by 2 touchdowns.

I could rack up 500 yards against Hawaii...

Face it, guys, ND is back.

msufan420
09-17-2005, 10:37 AM

Uhhhh....No you couldn't. I can understand sarcasm, but get real. Regardless of the fact that MSU played some cupcake teams or not. Over 1000 yards in their first two games does say something about their offense. Also, did you know that MSU owns ND the past few years....especially in South Bend. MSU has won the last 4 times traveling there. They also have the most wins in South Bend than any other NCAA team with 11. Also, MSU has won the last 6 out of 8. So historically, speaking ND isn't looking like the good bet right now.

samikeyp
09-17-2005, 11:05 AM
in the last 9 games against ranked teams, MSU has won 8 of them. MSU's offense is not the problem, but their defense has not been tested. It will not be easy but MSU can win this game.

samikeyp
09-17-2005, 06:47 PM
ummmm, I hate to rain on the Irish hating parade, but Notre Dame will roll up Michigan State like a Burrito.

They'll win by 2 touchdowns.

Face it, guys, ND is back.

Oops.

44-38 MSU.

(You know I like you Felix...just had to mess with ya! :) )

IceColdBrewski
09-17-2005, 07:22 PM
5 straight? Damn. They own Notre Dame like it's a deed to their property.

Marklar MM
09-18-2005, 08:14 AM
Would have been a much better game if MSU's coach didn't ball up into a ball like Lloyd Carr at the end of games and run the ball every play.

HB22inSA
09-18-2005, 09:03 AM
ummm, you see, what had happened, was...

Would have been a much better game if MSU's coach didn't ball up into a ball like Lloyd Carr at the end of games and run the ball every play.
Actually, no. Notre Dame would have won by 10+ if they had half the penalties and didn't cough up a gimme on the goal line.

Congrats to MSU, though.

scott
09-18-2005, 09:58 AM
What a great game. Notre Dame could have won is Maurice Stovall didn't have hands of stone. Despite having a great game (8 catches 172 yards 1 TD), Stovall dropped numerous critical balls - at least 4 in the second half and OT.

spurs=bling
09-18-2005, 04:45 PM
really i have nothing to say about this. but one thing is for sure Norte Dame is a bad ass looking university.

msufan420
09-19-2005, 12:38 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/msufan420/touchdown.jpg

msufan420
09-19-2005, 12:39 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/msufan420/state.jpg

Horry For 3!
09-19-2005, 12:54 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/msufan420/state.jpg
:flipoff

theMUHMEshow
09-19-2005, 08:37 AM
OCT 1st MY GOOD BUDDY. 550 YDS MSU ALLOWED ND...U of M is licking their chops to come into EL and lay the beat down...

samikeyp
09-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Planting the flag was pretty stupid and totally uncalled for. I am glad MSU won but have some class. I hope ol' John L. got on them about that.

msufan420
09-19-2005, 11:53 AM
I'm sure he probably did...however as a fan, and someone who truely hates ND, I thought it was pretty funny.

msufan420
09-19-2005, 11:58 AM
OCT 1st MY GOOD BUDDY. 550 YDS MSU ALLOWED ND...U of M is licking their chops to come into EL and lay the beat down...

like they did to Notre Dame huh?

j-6
09-19-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm thinking 8-3 and a top fifteen ranking for the Irish, with losses to Mich State, USC, and Tennessee.

The Spartans have a shot at the Big 10 title, especially getting to face Michigan at home. But those trips to Ohio State, Purdue, and Minnesota look tough. They're also fortunate that they get to avoid Wisconsin.

Wisconsin plays Michigan in Madison and is a three point 'dog. If the Badgers win that game you have to at least give them some consideration since they get to avoid Ohio State this year.

Kdfelicity
09-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Did yall see the Sports List: Top 10 College Football Rivalries on FSN? Texas vs. OU was #9 I think, #1 was Ohio State vs. Michigan, no surprise there, but #3 was Notre Dame vs. Everyone, I cracked up. :lol

Horry For 3!
09-19-2005, 04:18 PM
formerly pimpo's place:

http://archives.nd.edu/stedward.jpg
you live in a church? :lol

msufan420
09-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Planting the flag was pretty stupid and totally uncalled for. I am glad MSU won but have some class. I hope ol' John L. got on them about that.

For those that agree with samikeyp...here is some insight to the matter that most (including me) did not know. On Jim Camparoni's local radio show in Lansing, they were discussing this issue. Notre Dame did the same thing to the Spartans last year in their victory at Spartan Stadium, so it was kind of an act of redemption. Also everytime ND and MSU plays, it is for "The Megaphone" a small trophy that goes back and forth each year to the winner of the game. Well, Notre Dame was apparantly so confident (I think it's more cockiness) that they didn't even bring it to the stadium in case they had to give it up....That's incredibly weak if you ask me. Karma's a bitch Golden Domers.

samikeyp
09-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Nice bit of trivia. IMO, still doesn't excuse it though.

msufan420
09-21-2005, 09:39 PM
You know, I see your point...but screw it man. These are still kids (on both teams), who worked very hard all that week for that game. Should that matter...no probably not. Is staking your "claim" on the field after a win in a long standing rivalry as bad as a player doing the "throat slash" motion? I don't think so. Just about every person has been involved in a competition iofsome sort, be it playing or just watching an event with fans of the opposing team. You mean to tell me that you've never trashed talk or even rubbed in a win a little? Bottom line is, if Notre Dame didn't want something like that to happen...then great the freakin' "W".

samikeyp
09-23-2005, 04:49 PM
You are right...its not as bad as the throat slash and yes I have rubbed in a win before....but IMO it still doesn't make it right and I still disagree with it.