PDA

View Full Version : Ant-Man

lefty
06-11-2015, 05:19 PM
http://cdn3-www.superherohype.com/assets/uploads/gallery/ant-man_7925/antmannewposter1.jpg
http://cdn1-www.superherohype.com/assets/uploads/gallery/ant-man_7925/antmannewposter2.jpg
http://cdn1-www.superherohype.com/assets/uploads/gallery/ant-man_7925/antmannewposter3.jpg

Mitch
06-11-2015, 05:37 PM
They should have gotten that midget Messi to play and man.

Pauly D
06-11-2015, 05:52 PM
Looks like they're a little worried. Having to use the reminder that other, bigger movies are in the horizon to keep everyone interested is lame

ChumpDumper
06-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Looks like they're a little worried. Having to use the reminder that other, bigger movies are in the horizon to keep everyone interested is lameThey do that with literally every Marvel movie.

Darius McCrary
06-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Prob will suck if there's too much forced humor but it'll still be better than will smith presents the suicide squad

Pauly D
06-11-2015, 08:42 PM
They do that with literally every Marvel movie.

Not on fucking promo posters, not with this many versions, and not so insanely obvious. These aren't hints or references, these are Avengers posters with Antman making an appearance

ChumpDumper
06-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Not on fucking promo posters, not with this many versions, and not so insanely obvious. These aren't hints or references, these are Avengers posters with Antman making an appearanceI guess. It'd not like they stuck the word "Avenger" into the first Captain America movie or anything.

Dude's going to be an Avenger anyway so why not make the connection? It would be kind of stupid not to play it up out of some weird principle of attempted nonlameness.

Pauly D
06-11-2015, 08:56 PM
This is where I come to a dead end cause I think the idea for this movie is fucking retarded anyway. Even if it's great I'd still think they got crazy lucky. And I dint wanna hear about Guardians either. It was obscure too but had sooo much more potential

Xevious
06-12-2015, 12:10 PM
I'll still end up seeing this, but Ant-Man is one character that didn't need his own origin movie. He should've been introduced in some other movie (or left out entirely).

Pauly D
06-12-2015, 01:21 PM
I'll still end up seeing this, but Ant-Man is one character that didn't need his own origin movie. He should've been introduced in some other movie (or left out entirely).

I would be totally on board with Antman if they did that. Put him on the B Team with Black Widow and Hawkeye. It would be easier to take him seriously if all you saw was him performing with the Avengers

Silver&Black
06-12-2015, 10:03 PM
lefty

Which pair are you getting tbh....

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/434/105/8fdbca4c32e48e194eaba0acefbfb4ba_crop_north.jpg?w= 630&h=420&q=75

lefty
06-12-2015, 10:17 PM
All of them

http://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F9Yl hdI9SSP0Qw%2Fgiphy.gif&key=gQOPVVpLy06OxvTCeG0YZg&w=800&h=169

Strange Love
06-12-2015, 10:20 PM
Thsi shit looks like garbage.

The Reckoning
07-21-2015, 03:39 PM
it was pretty great tbh. but i went in with low expectations. the fight scenes were hilarious imo.

gameFACE
07-21-2015, 05:14 PM
Saw it this past weekend. It was pretty damn good. Funny and entertaining. The last Marvel movie I saw was the second Thor.

SupremeGuy
07-21-2015, 08:53 PM
I'm guessing it's going to be similar to GotG where people go into it not really knowing what to expect and end up having a great cinematic experience. I'll probably go in the next week or two.

AmericanPsycho
07-21-2015, 09:04 PM
I'll wait for this movie.
http://static.c2w.com/uploads/question/image/01/43/59/88/N1435988/1335264540.jpg

spurraider21
07-21-2015, 10:27 PM
i loved it... i think its the funniest MCU movie to date. michael pena's scenes stole the show :lol

Reck
07-21-2015, 10:39 PM
This movie is Marvel's lowest money grabber according to some reports.

mingus
07-22-2015, 07:13 PM
i loved it... i think its the funniest MCU movie to date. michael pena's scenes stole the show :lol

A shitload of the jokes fell flat. I thought the writing was very average for Marvel. Pena role was so predictable: stereotyped LA cholo type. No depth to his or other friends whatsoever. You didn't need TI or the Russian guy in movie, they were pointless.

The bad guy was built up horribly too. He was the same character from beginning to end. No character arch, no development.

You gotta get the bad guy or at least humor right in this movie.

Theres other things in movie that didn't like or didn't make sense but won't go into them. It was a decent movie, I'd watch again but wouldn't buy. 7/10.

Mnky
07-22-2015, 07:25 PM
Was a great movie. My favorite since Iron Man. One of Marvels best in awhile, and I'm sure it had to do with the great cast.
Pena did his thing. That's his same character he always plays. Its who he is, and he's pretty good at it.
T.I. always gets to me.. dude talks so big in his songs but his on screen characters probably more of what he's really like since they're all basically the same as well. A joking side kick. He did alright withh his limited time.

The fight scenes were definitely a highlight. The raid on the avenger base was spot on.

Liked the take on the story. They put a lot of story into an hour and a Half as most have to. With such a short time, I thought it'd feel more rushed but they did alright.
Overall pretty good, would definitely reccommend it.

HI-FI
07-22-2015, 08:42 PM
A shitload of the jokes fell flat. I thought the writing was very average for Marvel. Pena role was so predictable: stereotyped LA cholo type. No depth to his or other friends whatsoever. You didn't need TI or the Russian guy in movie, they were pointless.

The bad guy was built up horribly too. He was the same character from beginning to end. No character arch, no development.

You gotta get the bad guy or at least humor right in this movie.

Theres other things in movie that didn't like or didn't make sense but won't go into them. It was a decent movie, I'd watch again but wouldn't buy. 7/10.
cosigned.

I saw it during Discount Day based on the hype here. It didn't really work for me. 6.5 or 7. It wasn't terrible, just slightly above average imo.

I'd really like to see Edgar Wright's version. Not that he is perfect, but I can see where his visuals would've helped. Some things I did really dig, like shrinking into the great unknown of time and space. Also when Disintegration came on I laughed so hard, probably the only one to laugh at that part. :lol it's a great album.

Paul Rudd was good. Michael Douglas does his thing as usual and I'm a big fan. I just don't see this catching on like GotG, it's not on that level imo.
I'm not into comic book movies like SpursTalk, but for Marvel films, I would have GotG as the best, followed by Xmen 2 or Days of Future Past. I like Iron Man 3 a lot because of Shane Black. the Captain America films have been pretty cool considering how shitty the original was that I grew up on.

mingus
07-22-2015, 10:34 PM
The good thing is there have been other less than stellar orgin marvel movies that capitalized on the sequel eg Batman Begins and Captain America. They were better than this, but still they weren't great IMO. Granted, people were willing to give them second chance based on their history/name alone which gives them an advantage over Antman where I think building audience was very important by getting orgin story right (ala GotG)

Still, the second could be very good because I think the character and story has a lot of potential. It's just a question of whether Marvel will invest the time and money to give it that chance because this movie proved that Marvel won't just cash in using its name. They've got to put out a good movie or people won't see it.

lefty
07-23-2015, 08:11 PM
:cry dat was good
:cry dat postcredit

but yeah fat latino was fucking annoying; still a lot of dumb twats in the theater laughed at his stupid shit

spurraider21
07-23-2015, 10:21 PM
:cry dat was good
:cry dat postcredit

but yeah fat latino was fucking annoying; still a lot of dumb twats in the theater laughed at his stupid shit
:lol... but i got the van

lefty
07-23-2015, 10:41 PM
:lol... but i got the van

his only funny moment was when he said "everybody knows Baskin Robbins always finds out "

spurraider21
07-23-2015, 11:05 PM
his only funny moment was when he said "everybody knows Baskin Robbins always finds out "
2 smoothie machines

lefty20
07-24-2015, 08:28 AM
Definitely a better origin story than Captain America and Thor, tbh.

djohn2oo8
07-26-2015, 11:35 PM
Just saw it in 3D. Great movie, Marvel just keeps delivering. Rudd, Douglas, and Evangelline were all perfectly casted.

djohn2oo8
07-26-2015, 11:36 PM
Det Postcredit scene doe.

Trill Clinton
07-26-2015, 11:47 PM
Movie was wacc

spurraider21
07-26-2015, 11:56 PM
Movie was wacc
ur just mad because a SAWM kicked falcons ass

djohn2oo8
07-27-2015, 07:19 AM
ur just mad because a SAWM kicked falcons ass

:lol

lefty
07-27-2015, 11:41 AM
By the way, that 2nd end credit scene is actually a scene from Civil War

djohn2oo8
07-27-2015, 11:56 AM

Yep. Can't wait.

lefty
07-27-2015, 12:43 PM
Yep. Can't wait.

Yup

It was already my most anticipated movie, more than AOU

Started reading CW before Feige announced the movie, so yeah...

That end credit scene just made me more impatient :lol

http://i.imgur.com/NUyttbn.jpg

spurraider21
07-27-2015, 01:10 PM
just like how the end scene of Capt America (the punching bag) was a scene in avengers

lefty
07-27-2015, 06:54 PM
just like how the end scene of Capt America (the punching bag) was a scene in avengers

yup

Rip-Hamilton32
07-27-2015, 07:59 PM
I'm guessing in CW that at first Black Panther joins Starks side but then joins Capt, they replaced Spider-Man's role with T'Challa I'm guessing it's because they didn't have the rights to Spider-Man at the time

lefty
07-28-2015, 12:16 AM
In can see BP siding with Stark because of what happened in SA.

Or maybe he doesn't give a fuck about either side and is neutral and wants everybody out gishis vibranium business and out Africa lol

lefty
07-28-2015, 08:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CVbqdUS.jpg