PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Is The Best In The East:

Frank Slakd
09-10-2005, 02:44 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_14152.shtml

#2 – Indiana Is The Best In The East: Yeah, Miami is amazingly deep, and Detroit is Detroit – but here is why Indiana is better than both of them – continuity. The Pistons have an entirely new coaching staff, meaning things are not going to be as they were under Larry Brown. The Miami Heat has all the talent in the world, but can they be coached by Stan Van Gundy, and how long will it take for them to gel together? Indiana brings back the same core of guys, everyone is healthy and Ron Artest is on a mission. Rick Carlisle's staff is intact. Barring injury - The Pacers are most prepared to pick up where they left off.

Enough said..

ChumpDumper
09-10-2005, 02:47 PM
hoopsworldEnough said, indeed.

Frank Slakd
09-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Enough said, indeed.

no doubt Hoopsworld has been known to throw out some false trade rumors in the past. But their articles from what I have seen for the most part have been legit.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Sorry, but around here hoopsworld outside of the Spurs columnist has all the credibility of my left buttock.

And my left buttock is a damn liar.

Frank Slakd
09-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Sorry, but around here hoopsworld outside of the Spurs columnist has all the credibility of my left buttock.

And my left buttock is a damn liar.

LOL well I can only accout for the former and not the latter..

ChumpDumper
09-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Anyway, Indy has as good a chance as anyone. Early-September posturing isn't really necessary.

TOP-CHERRY
09-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Are you that closed-minded and gullible that you would let what someone writes in an article guide the way you think?

Marklar MM
09-10-2005, 05:26 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/power-rankings.shtml

"2) Detroit (54-28) - The Pistons were almost good enough to win the championship last season. They also kept all key players, and added Maurice Evans, Dale Davis and additional bench help. Although coach Larry Brown has been replaced by Flip Saunders, the Pistons are a solid favorite to lead the East when it matters most, the playoffs."

"4) Indiana (44-38) - Remember how good the Pacers were two seasons ago? That's how good they should be this season. Reggie Miller is gone, but Ron Artest will be back to team with Jermaine O'Neal and scare the heck out of everyone. Dale Davis is also gone, but the team can survive without him. Point guard Jamaal Tinsley now has Sarunas Jasikevicius as a backup."

midgetonadonkey
09-10-2005, 07:14 PM
no doubt Hoopsworld has been known to throw out some false trade rumors in the past. But their articles from what I have seen for the most part have been legit.

Whether their articles have been "legit" or not doesn't matter. What you quoted is purely opinion. Nobody will know how well the Pacers do until the season starts. My dickhole can post an article on some random website saying the Hornets are the sleepers in the West, but that doesn't make it so.

z0sa
09-10-2005, 09:06 PM
I personally think Indiana is the best in the east. They have Ron artest whos a beast both offensively and defensively; they have Jermaine O'Neal in the middle and when hes doing good, the Pacers are hard to stop; they have Tinsley at the point - hes big and hes willing to dish the ball. They also have a much improved bench. Remember when KG got MVP in 2004, Jermaine O'Neal was number 3 in the MVP voting (he might have been 2, but I seem to remember Duncan being number 2 for some reason)? And that same year Ron Artest was Defensive Player of the Year. I think they are going to give Detroit a big run for its money. Miami we'll just have to wait and see.

Sense
09-11-2005, 02:01 AM
If Indiana is healthy(which is rare), they are the best in the east.

If they aren't (which they won't be) they aren't.

Trainwreck2100
09-11-2005, 02:05 AM
Hoopsworld has a dartboard, this dartboard is there source. For all we know, that is what was used to make the rankings