PDA

View Full Version : You're welcome, Golden State

bklynspursfan
06-12-2015, 08:56 AM
Kerr likes to incorporate some principles from his old team, the five-time NBA champion San Antonio Spurs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/sas/), and uses many of them with Golden State. With that in mind, U'Ren began watching film of the Spurs from last season's NBA Finals to try to come up with an idea to help Kerr.

U'Ren refused to give up on the idea and did more research. He watched the Spurs in the first halves of Games 3 and 4 of last year's Finals. He began to believe even stronger that if the Warriors went small like the Spurs it would work well against Cleveland. After Walton also embraced the idea, U'Ren sent Kerr a text at about 3 a.m. on Thursday suggesting Iguodala replace Bogut in the starting lineup.
"I just explained that they started Diaw instead of Splitter and starting Andre is something to consider," U'Ren said. "We wanted to tell him in time to watch the film for himself and make the decision."
Kerr woke up to the suggestion and liked it because he believed it would help the Warriors increase the game's pace. It didn't hurt that Iguodala also had played well in the series' first three games, averaging 12.3 points, 4.6 rebounds and four assists off the bench while doing a respectable job of defending James.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-mystery-man-behind-the-plan-that-helped-the-warriors-win-game-4-of-the-nba-finals-080509364.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw

Uriel
06-12-2015, 09:55 AM
I swear to God, the Spurs are being mentioned in every telecast and every article recap of every single NBA Finals game. They may be out of the playoffs, but their fingerprints are all over the map.

dabom
06-12-2015, 02:05 PM
If only pop made adjustments. :lmao

therealtruth
06-13-2015, 07:28 PM
If only pop made adjustments. :lmao

Last year he was willing to do whatever it took to win. This year not so much. Staying with TP till the bitter end.

Sean Cagney
06-13-2015, 11:34 PM
I swear to God, the Spurs are being mentioned in every telecast and every article recap of every single NBA Finals game. They may be out of the playoffs, but their fingerprints are all over the map.
Thats respect, that is a good thing for those who bitch about the Spurs never getting any. I have heard nothing but praise the last few years on end. People used to hate on the Spurs, boring, soft or whatever they used to say, now they love them! I would say them beating the Heat and breaking them up had a little to do with that. :hat

Budkin
06-14-2015, 03:00 PM
Thats respect, that is a good thing for those who bitch about the Spurs never getting any. I have heard nothing but praise the last few years on end. People used to hate on the Spurs, boring, soft or whatever they used to say, now they love them! I would say them beating the Heat and breaking them up had a little to do with that. :hat

Again, nothing will ever top that title. 5