PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: 4 years ago today my Mavs became champions

Jacob1983
06-12-2015, 05:50 PM
It feels like forever ago but I'll never forget. It was probably the happiest I've ever been as a sports fan. For one moment, my Mavs were the last team standing and the best team. Dirk and JET finally got revenge for 2006. It was a good day for DFW and North Texas. I'll never forget it. I'd rather have that one championship in 2011 than none at all. I thought it was cool that the names of the 2011 championship team were put on the Mavs championship banner. :toast

Infinite_limit
06-12-2015, 05:54 PM
How did you celebrate?

K...
06-12-2015, 06:22 PM
Buddy I didn't need a reason to drink on a Friday. But it gave me a reason to drink more.

So hell yes, bless Dirk and Chandler,, Terry, and all them for shitting on LeBron. A bron three peat probably puts him above Duncan. Now it's close but I think once this finals finish people will forget about LeBron and it'll go back to normal, Duncan over LeBron 2/3

AlexJones
06-12-2015, 06:57 PM
I kinda wish Miami won in '11 and us in 06.

daslicer
06-12-2015, 07:04 PM
I kinda wish Miami won in '11 and us in 06.

If the Mavs win '06 they probably end up with 3 titles. I get the feeling they would be more confident and win a few more but losing '06 destroyed their psyche for several years.

Thebesteva
06-12-2015, 07:06 PM
and 13 years ago today the Lakers 3peated...what u want a cookie?

Jacob1983
06-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Maybe a gold trophy made from the purest gold on earth. I celebrated by going to the parade in 2011. Never seen so many people at one place so happy for their team. No one was crying about racism or trans journeys or anything trivial. It was all about what was important and that was being happy that the Mavs won. I saw people from all walks of life getting along enjoying the moment.

FkLA
06-12-2015, 07:28 PM
If the Mavs win '06 they probably end up with 3 titles. I get the feeling they would be more confident and win a few more but losing '06 destroyed their psyche for several years.

I actually agree, I think they would've gotten atleast one more. That '07 team was scary af and I don't think they shit the bed vs GS if they had confidence built up from the previous year. Not complaining though since it was pretty hilarious watching Dirk and co. choke year after year. :lol

Alex's foreskin
06-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Cuban hasn't done shit right since

hitmanyr2k
06-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Today was also the day the Bulls won their first championship of six. Paxson was my 2nd favorite player on the team and this was my favorite game of his. He couldn't miss down the stretch in the 4th.

7xx3gGMY8cE

daslicer
06-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Today was also the day the Bulls won their first championship of six. Paxson was my 2nd favorite player on the team and this was my favorite game of his. He couldn't miss down the stretch in the 4th.

That was the first NBA finals I watched as a kid. My only childhood memory of Magic is getting backdoor swept. Just curious why did you like Pax so much?

hitmanyr2k
06-12-2015, 08:42 PM
That was the first NBA finals I watched as a kid. My only childhood memory of Magic is getting backdoor swept. Just curious why did you like Pax so much?

I'm not sure. There was really never anything special about him besides his shooting touch. He was just one of those underdog type players I rooted for.

KaiRMD1
06-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Only good thing for this was winning a cool thousand off some dumbass miami fan who I tricked into making a bet that the Heat wouldn't win a title back in September. I guess since they were only two games away from winning, it wasn't a dumb bet but I won money so thank you Dirk