PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Robert Horry hates the Lakers orginization

Thebesteva
06-12-2015, 07:26 PM
and I cant blame him one bit

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/robert-horry-i-left-the-lakers-with-so-much-hatred-for-that-team/#17QYXotXCombzPd3.97

Horry says that the Los Angeles Lakers did him dirty with a last-minute release prior to the 2002-03 season:
He would never stop. It was incredible. He practiced until one day, a couple months later, he finally won. If you literally said, “Kobe, I bet you can’t make five in a row by dropping the ball and kicking it in from half court,” that motherfucker would go out there and practice it until he could do it. And that’s what people don’t understand when they talk about champions — when they talk about a winner’s mentality. Kobe’s dedication to the game is unreal. And I mean that in the truest sense … it was literally unbelievable. The common denominator in every championship team is the mentality that Kobe has, and the mentality that Hakeem had with me at that Christmas party. You have to be so obsessed with winning that you pull no punches with your teammates, even when you’re in first place. Even when you’re a defending champ.
With Phil (Jackson), his ability to coach Michael Jordan and the success that he was able to lead those Bulls teams to is why he commanded so much respect from players. The titles Phil won in Chicago translated into titles in Los Angeles. His six rings is what made (Shaquille O’neal) get into the gym and become one of the most dominant forces in league history. However, as dominant as we were in that three-peat run, I feel we could’ve done more if it weren’t for egos and complacency. Honestly, I left the Lakers with so much hatred for that team. I felt that the way they handled my situation was so wrong. I remember going into the exit meetings after we had won the title and it was my year to opt out. You walk into the meeting and everyone is hugging you, kissing you, praising you.

I said, “I know I make too much money and I know you’ve got a hard-on for Karl Malone.” They had been wanting him for five years, ever since Phil got there. I’m a realist. Tell me like it is and I will respect you more, just don’t go behind my back. I told them I’d stay for $2 million, but they weren’t interested. All I asked them was to allow me to find a team before the money dried up and not to wait until the last day to release me. They told me, “We won’t do you like that.” [...] Well, they didn’t do me like that. They waited until the next to last day to release me.

This is what athletes mean when they say, “It’s a business.” Hell yes, we make a ton of money to play a silly-ass kid’s game. But even if you’re the hero, even if you hit one of the biggest shots in franchise history and win multiple titles, your ass can be out the door the next day. [...] I actually have five NBA titles thanks to the Lakers. Three from playing with the team, and two from them showing me the door.

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/robert-horry-i-left-the-lakers-with-so-much-hatred-for-that-team/#LpLy32UIfU1qgVWb.99

Clipper Nation
06-12-2015, 07:42 PM
Awful way to treat Shaq's sidekick, tbh.

AlexJones
06-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Never been a more ridiculous case of an average player turning into an unstoppable force in high leverage playoff situations

Infinite_limit
06-12-2015, 07:56 PM
Were these questions only concerned Lakers? Otherwise seems he feels Kobe's dedication was greater than Duncans.

K...
06-12-2015, 07:57 PM
What's ridiculous about a lazy stretch 4? Ain't no other kind. Boris, love, west, Bonner, only Dirk really tried to lead a team.

Dex
06-12-2015, 07:59 PM
and two from them showing me the door.

Thanks, Rob! :toast

Dex
06-12-2015, 08:02 PM
Never been a more ridiculous case of an average player turning into an unstoppable force in high leverage playoff situations

Robert Horry is the definition of clutch. By the time he came to the Spurs, he'd fucking drift through the regular season like it was a walk in the park, and then show up in the playoffs to do all the dirty work and contribute one or two clutch moments per run.

I rewatched the 4th and OT of Game 5 in Detroit the other day and, straight up...He saved Tim Duncan's ass. Spurs lose that game, and Tim's legacy is changed.

Stats be damned, he should go into the Hall of Fame. 7 rings, huge playoff moments...he's an icon in the game.

LkrFan
06-12-2015, 08:07 PM
:cry me a river :cry

daslicer
06-12-2015, 08:32 PM
I'm always torn about Horry. He was a huge reason to why the Spurs won the '05 title but I always felt he was like a mercenary during his time with the Spurs. Notice how Horry never really likes to talk about his time with the Spurs but will always mention the Rockets and the Lakers.

hitmanyr2k
06-12-2015, 08:36 PM
Robert Horry is the definition of clutch. By the time he came to the Spurs, he'd fucking drift through the regular season like it was a walk in the park, and then show up in the playoffs to do all the dirty work and contribute one or two clutch moments per run.

I rewatched the 4th and OT of Game 5 in Detroit the other day and, straight up...He saved Tim Duncan's ass. Spurs lose that game, and Tim's legacy is changed.

Stats be damned, he should go into the Hall of Fame. 7 rings, huge playoff moments...he's an icon in the game.

This is Horry's mindset which has always rubbed me the wrong way.

"If I hit it we win, if I miss y'all are going to blame the stars for losing the game anyway. There's no pressure on me."

He never had the pressure of being the star or having the blame put on his shoulders and judging from his attitude and never improving his game for his entire career he never wanted that pressure. I'd never put him in the HOF.

LkrFan
06-12-2015, 09:01 PM
This is Horry's mindset which has always rubbed me the wrong way.

"If I hit it we win, if I miss y'all are going to blame the stars for losing the game anyway. There's no pressure on me."

He never had the pressure of being the star or having the blame put on his shoulders and judging from his attitude and never improving his game for his entire career he never wanted that pressure. I'd never put him in the HOF.No way he ever gets in the hall. He was a very good complimentary role player who was often in the right place at the right time. He played well off of stars. Had he ever been even a #2 option he would have been exposed. No team ever game planned for him...but if left open he was very capable of hitting big shots. But...he was only open in the first place because Dream, Shaq, Kobe, and Duncan demanded double/triple teams.

Like Odom, he should have been so much more but didn't want it enough. Sad actually.

roninenix
06-12-2015, 09:13 PM
It's business. Isn't he now working for the Lakers organization?

Clipper Nation
06-12-2015, 09:29 PM
No way he ever gets in the hall. He was a very good complimentary role player who was often in the right place at the right time. He played well off of stars. Had he ever been even a #2 option he would have been exposed. No team ever game planned for him...but if left open he was very capable of hitting big shots. But...he was only open in the first place because Dream, Shaq, Kobe, and Duncan demanded double/triple teams.

Like Odom, he should have been so much more but didn't want it enough. Sad actually.
Show some respect, Sergio. He was the second-in-command on the Shaq/Horry Lakers, for Christ's sake.

LkrFan
06-12-2015, 09:33 PM
Show some respect, Sergio. He was the second-in-command on the Shaq/Horry Lakers, for Christ's sake.
:lol

baseline bum
06-12-2015, 09:48 PM
God damn, Laker fan shits on Shaq. Now Laker fan shits on the guy who saved their 2002 season when Kobe couldn't make a layup to end Game 4?

pgardn
06-12-2015, 10:01 PM
You have to be so obsessed with winning that you pull no punches with your teammates,

Such BS. So he took max salary from the Lakers because he was so obsessed with winning, or he IS so obsessed with himself and his financial status. The Kobe Horry talks about is long gone or never existed.

FkLA
06-12-2015, 10:22 PM
You have to be so obsessed with winning that you pull no punches with your teammates,

Such BS. So he took max salary from the Lakers because he was so obsessed with winning, or he IS so obsessed with himself and his financial status. The Kobe Horry talks about is long gone or never existed.

People confuse working on his game with a desire to win. I don't doubt the stories about Kirby's work ethic since he's a sociopath with no life outside of basketball...but he has sabotaged the Lakers way too many times to say he cares about winning so much. He's never taken one for the team.

Duncan and Manu are the ultimate team guys.

RD2191
06-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Kobe doesn't give a shit about the Lakers or their fans. Didn't he call them idiots once? Kobe cares about Kobe and that's it. He forced himself to the Lakers because he knew they were a great market who could draw in players to compete for championships.

Chris
06-12-2015, 10:29 PM
Tough one for Lakerfan tbh He props Kobe up, but rips the front office. Actually not that tough for sensible Lakerfan

Fabbs
06-12-2015, 10:44 PM
It's business. Isn't he now working for the Lakers organization?
From what i saw and heard the only anchor that was not and is not a Kobe ass kisser. That includes Worthy.
Big Shot Rob called out his chucking bullshit this past two seasons.

DJR210
06-12-2015, 11:03 PM
I'm always torn about Horry. He was a huge reason to why the Spurs won the '05 title but I always felt he was like a mercenary during his time with the Spurs. Notice how Horry never really likes to talk about his time with the Spurs but will always mention the Rockets and the Lakers.

Wgaf, he killed Nash and hit the 3 in Detroit, and the dunk w/ a separated shoulder .

Killakobe81
06-12-2015, 11:22 PM
Horry is nails. PJ was who dissed him much like he did Jerry West. Great coach but a egotistical and a first class asshole

daslicer
06-12-2015, 11:27 PM
Wgaf, he killed Nash and hit the 3 in Detroit, and the dunk w/ a separated shoulder .

Well stupid I give a fuck that's why I said what I said. He had great moments with the Spurs but I don't give shit about him simply because he doesn't give shit about the Spurs. The dude always tries to pretend his time in SA never happened in all of his interviews. He also picked against the Spurs last year to lose to the mavs in the first round in an interview on NBA TV.

DJR210
06-13-2015, 12:51 AM
Well stupid I give a fuck that's why I said what I said. He had great moments with the Spurs but I don't give shit about him simply because he doesn't give shit about the Spurs. The dude always tries to pretend his time in SA never happened in all of his interviews. He also picked against the Spurs last year to lose to the mavs in the first round in an interview on NBA TV.

Cry about it more faggot :lol

Technique
06-13-2015, 01:06 AM
Horry is a real nigga

DMX7
06-13-2015, 08:11 AM

I think he may be holding a small grudge against the Spurs too. I heard he wanted to return for another year before he retired but supposedly the Spurs didn't want him.

ambchang
06-13-2015, 11:08 AM
Somebody once bet kobe he can't shoot more than 47% from the field.

He's still practicing.

daslicer
06-13-2015, 12:22 PM
Cry about it more faggot :lol

Weak comeback dumbass.

daslicer
06-13-2015, 12:28 PM
I think he may be holding a small grudge against the Spurs too. I heard he wanted to return for another year before he retired but supposedly the Spurs didn't want him.

Yeah I have heard the story where after the '08 playoffs Pop told him straight up that the Spurs were not going to resign him. I didn't blame Pop for doing that considering Horry was washed up. He was complete trash in the '08 playoffs. He had nothing left in the tank. I also heard that other GM's contacted Pop about Horry to ask him if he was still useful and Pop told them the truth. Pop had no choice to be truthful otherwise bridges would have been burned with other front offices. Horry found out about this and despised the Spurs since nobody wanted to touch him. This is why I find Horry a bitch considering he's upset at the Lakers for being dishonest with him and claims that he just wishes they told him truth about not wanting him but then gets angry at the Spurs for being honest with him.