PDA

View Full Version : Illegal coordination: SuperPAC founder gets two years

Winehole23
06-13-2015, 01:14 PM
A former Republican political operative convicted in the first federal criminal case of illegal coordination between a campaign and a purportedly independent ally was sentenced Friday to two years in prison — a lighter punishment than prosecutors sought but one that still served as a sharp warning.

Under questioning from U.S. District Judge Liam O’Grady, Tyler Harber said: “I’m guilty of this. I knew it was wrong when I did it.” But Harber said he was not motivated by greed or a lust for power — he simply wanted to win an election and believed that what he was doing was a common, if illegal, practice.

“I got caught up in what politics has become,” said Harber, 34, a resident of Alexandria.http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/feds-want-nearly-4-year-sentence-for-republican-operative-convicted-of-illegal-coordination/2015/06/11/7ecbdc72-0ed0-11e5-9726-49d6fa26a8c6_story.html

boutons_deux
06-13-2015, 01:19 PM
All the 501(c) "social welfare" orgs are criminal frauds for political purposes.

And a candidate's SuperPAC(s) co-ordinate closely, illegally with the candidate.

The whole fucking political system is corrupt, criminally fraudulent, from top to bottom.