PDA

View Full Version : Ime Udoka and his role with Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard..

apalisoc_9
06-13-2015, 03:40 PM
Haven't seen anyone talk about it here, but Ime is Kawhi and Danny's often timeout assistant coach. IMO, he's probably a shitty X and O guy but he's been huge in developing these wings alongside Pop, and Shooting Chip.

I seriously hated this nigga during his playing days with the spurs, but he's been influential IMO..

ducks
06-13-2015, 04:33 PM
People do not talk about anything but how bad Tp is or exgagget how bad he is
Thanks to u

Chinook
06-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Future coach of the Spurs. Spurs spent years with terrible wings. He shows up and it's a strength of the team.

K...
06-13-2015, 04:39 PM
Yeah, it's hard to evaluate a coach under pop until they leave.We still don't know if Brett Brown is any good.

But not surprising udoka is teaching grit on d. That's his only playing skill. He must be smart to stick with pop but I don't see him as a great offensive coach which is not surprising. Only pg really seem to be great offensive coaches.

apalisoc_9
06-13-2015, 05:33 PM
We don't really know if IME is a good HC or not, but what we do know is that he's played a hand in improving Danny and Kawhi...Something he never gets credit for.

8FOR!3
06-13-2015, 05:36 PM
I like the coaching experience Udoka's picking up under Pop. Couldn't stand him as a player, but seems like a solid guy.

Malik Hairston
06-13-2015, 05:54 PM
Wouldn't be surprising if he ultimately becomes a good coach under Pop's tutelage, tbh..shitty players are far more likely to become good coaches or front offices people, as we have seen throughout NBA history:lol..

apalisoc_9
06-13-2015, 06:07 PM
Also, wouldn't surprise me if Udoka is the voice that got danny and kawhi playing time and the voice that supports them.

Messina benched Kawhi in the fourth for Belli for three point purposes and we know what Boylen did. Also, Green was used sparingly when messina coached..thought that was a disgusting display of coaching, imo.

I see udoka lips mumble Kawhi during timeouts when coaches get together to figure things out....He might very well be the Most important Assistant in the last few years if my hunch is correct considering the success the spurs have had with Danny and Kawhi playing significantly.

spurraider21
06-13-2015, 06:10 PM
Future coach of the Spurs. Spurs spent years with terrible wings. He shows up and it's a strength of the team.
he showed up in 2007 too

Uriel
06-13-2015, 06:49 PM
Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

K...
06-13-2015, 06:50 PM
If this is true, then maybe udoka is a good edge or recruiter to keeping green.

Chinook
06-13-2015, 07:46 PM
Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Eh, more like exaggerating a bit for fun. We've had a couple years to see him coaching now, and I don't really see any of the other coaches being as hands-on with their guys as Ime is with his. I don't think their development has been an accident.

apalisoc_9
06-13-2015, 08:27 PM
Eh, more like exaggerating a bit for fun. We've had a couple years to see him coaching now, and I don't really see any of the other coaches being as hands-on with their guys as Ime is with his. I don't think their development has been an accident.

When did this Happen?

LongtimeSpursFan
06-13-2015, 09:28 PM
Haven't seen anyone talk about it here, but Ime is Kawhi and Danny's often timeout assistant coach. IMO, he's probably a shitty X and O guy but he's been huge in developing these wings alongside Pop, and Shooting Chip.

I seriously hated this nigga during his playing days with the spurs, but he's been influential IMO..

Didn't you say you going to stop posting on Spurstalk?

testies
06-13-2015, 09:56 PM
is he the guy that taught Danny his handles and finishing at the hoop, or taught Kawhi decision making in crunch time?

Sean Cagney
06-14-2015, 12:01 AM
I like the coaching experience Udoka's picking up under Pop. Couldn't stand him as a player, but seems like a solid guy.

^^^^ This.
is he the guy that taught Danny his handles and finishing at the hoop, or taught Kawhi decision making in crunch time?

I would say that part of them is not great but they have some strong points too...... Just saying.