PDA

View Full Version : Spurs have to rebuild to match future juggernauts of next decade and NBA's direction

Outlier
06-14-2015, 11:46 PM
I'm mainly speaking of the Cavs and how the league caters more and more to 3 point shooting teams and passing. Spurs did last year, but more teams have caught up... So Spurs have to find a way to stay ahead of the pack like they always do with heavy scouting and game tactics.

We already have Kawhi to matchup with LeBron, who will be dominating the next 5 years.

We have Kyle who im confident can fill the Shaun Livingston role at the least and not the all star people expect him to be.

We need to draft a Draymond Green type to run with Kawhi. I sincerely hope Mantreal H-something drops to us.

Basically what I hope for PATFO to do is collect 6'6"-6'9" guys who can do pretty much everything, like what the Warriors have done. I believe this is the future of the NBA. Do that and keep having Kawhi improve to match LeBron and im sure we would be the best in the league.

apalisoc_9
06-14-2015, 11:46 PM
get rid of parker..

problem solved

TheGreatYacht
06-14-2015, 11:48 PM
Only way the Spurs meet the Warriors in the playoffs with Kawhi as the face of the franchise is to hope we can at least get the 8th seed... :lol

RD2191
06-14-2015, 11:49 PM
get rid of parker..

problem solved

Outlier
06-14-2015, 11:49 PM
get rid of parker..

problem solved

Can you quit being redundant and make some actual basketball analysis and stop providing this forum with your filth? Hasnt it become old yet for you? Or you just gonna carry this to your grave? Pathetic.

apalisoc_9
06-14-2015, 11:50 PM
well its a legitimate solution...

why not explore it? player fans smdh

Spur|n|Austin
06-14-2015, 11:52 PM
Can you quit being redundant and make some actual basketball analysis and stop providing this forum with your filth? Hasnt it become old yet for you? Or you just gonna carry this to your grave? Pathetic.

No. No he can't. Aspergers is a tough syndrome to live with, so just bear with him.

RD2191
06-14-2015, 11:54 PM

apalisoc_9
06-14-2015, 11:55 PM
Why are people so offended at the idea of trading Parker? Just disugsting...I thought Spurs fan were all about team.. i was wrong.

Outlier
06-14-2015, 11:57 PM

Lol I'm a fan of this team and not of any player like your dumbass. I don't even know why i bother anymore. This forum is stuck on a loop with dumbasses like you and dumbass moderators who are tolerant of idiots like you. Fu ck you fake ass fans who try to cause division from the real ones. Barely any logical conversations on this forum. And its sad because it has potential.

apalisoc_9
06-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Why are you mad at the idea of trading a terrible contract and one of the worst NBA players in 2014-2015?

not to mention a player that lacks the willingness to adapt..

Player fans..SMDH

Outlier
06-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Why are people so offended at the idea of trading Parker? Just disugsting...I thought Spurs fan were all about team.. i was wrong.

I'm not offended by the idea of trading Parker, I'm offended by your persistence to shove it in people's faces that they are a fan of Parker when an actual basketball hoop discussion is happening. Again, fu ck you dude.

Clipper Nation
06-15-2015, 12:04 AM

It's a legitimate take. You're just too attached to Porker's dick to notice that it would be in the Spurs' best interest to dump his double-wide ass.

TheGreatYacht
06-15-2015, 12:05 AM
Anyways. Before player fans derailed the thread... OP has a point. You have to have a 6'8 PF that you can play if the other team tries to slow down the tempo.

Look at the teams that build around bigs and what they're doing: Kings, Pelicans, Pistons, Hornets, etc.

apalisoc_9
06-15-2015, 12:05 AM
Isn't this a rebuild thread?

Isn't Parker one of the worst players in the league?

Doesn't he have the worst contract in the team?

What's wrong with Suggesting of letting him go to to rebuild the team?

Not sure why you're so mad at someone that made a direct response to the topic in hand...

I wouldn't be surprised if you have a hidden Pro Parker Agenda...disgusting if true, IMO.

TheGreatYacht
06-15-2015, 12:06 AM
It's a legitimate take. You're just too attached to Porker's dick to notice that it would be in the Spurs' best interest to dump his double-wide ass.
Who let you crawl out of Harlem's ass, b?

Malik Hairston
06-15-2015, 12:09 AM
Too early to say if there are future "juggernauts", tbh..Warriors were historically dominant during the regular season, but haven't been challenged during the playoffs..Spurs seen to match up well with them, though..

No other team fits that criteria, though, especially not the Cavs..

Spurs' core is fine, but I agree they have a few holes to fill:

- Backup PG that can run the offense and not be a defensive liability(used to be Manu, but he's too old to do it for extended stints)

- Desperately need a 3rd wing defender..the drop-off from Kawhi/Green to the bench is disgusting..the Warriors have their Kawhi/Green in Iggy/Thompson, but although their other wing defenders aren't anything special, they certainly aren't liabilities (Barnes, Livingston)

- Need a 4th big that plays differently than Diaw..less offensive-minded, more defense/hustle/finisher

Outlier
06-15-2015, 12:10 AM
You would not find a fucking post of me supporting Parker in any way. In fact, if he is let go i would not give a damn because I trust PATFO. Again i dont know why i fucking bother with you morons. Fuck this site. Especially fuck the moderators for tolerating you idiots.

Clipper Nation
06-15-2015, 12:11 AM
Who let you crawl out of Harlem's ass, b?

Are you Scott or Joe?

TheGreatYacht
06-15-2015, 12:12 AM
Are you Scott or Joe?
Answer the question homo

Clipper Nation
06-15-2015, 12:13 AM
Answer the question homo

Are you Scott or Joe?

TheGreatYacht
06-15-2015, 12:15 AM
Are you Scott or Joe?
Answer the question homo

Nathan89
06-15-2015, 12:16 AM
The juggernauts for the next few years will be the warriors.

apalisoc_9
06-15-2015, 12:19 AM
Too early to say if there are future "juggernauts", tbh..Warriors were historically dominant during the regular season, but haven't been challenged during the playoffs..Spurs seen to match up well with them, though..

- Backup PG that can run the offense and not be a defensive liability(used to be Manu, but he's too old to do it for extended stints)

- Desperately need a 3rd wing defender..the drop-off from Kawhi/Green to the bench is disgusting..the Warriors have their Kawhi/Green in Iggy/Thompson, but although their other wing defenders aren't anything special, they certainly aren't liabilities (Barnes, Livingston)

- Need a 4th big that plays differently than Diaw..less offensive-minded, more defense/hustle/finisher

How would you rank these needs in terms of importance?

I recall talking with Midnight and we both agreed that getting someone that can handle the ball ( Mainly because of Manu's decline) is far more important than getting a big.

Surprising that every news outlet there and most spurs fans here are prioritizing a big.

Malik Hairston
06-15-2015, 12:21 AM
How would you rank these needs in terms of importance?

I recall talking with Midnight and we both agreed that getting someone that can handle the ball ( Mainly because of Manu's decline) is far more important than getting a big.

Surprising that every news outlet there and most spurs fans here are prioritizing a big.

1. Backup PG/SG..if Joseph learns how to grow some balls when Parker/Manu aren't injured, he could do it
2. Another 6'6-6-8" wing defender
3. 4th big

Nathan89
06-15-2015, 12:21 AM
Perimeter player that can create is the most important need.

cjw
06-15-2015, 12:27 AM
Perimeter player that can create is the most important need.

Even if Manu were still around this is a need. They need a combo guard that can be paired with Parker. Yes, Parker will be on the roster next year so need to work around that.

Now can we please stop making trade Parker the response to everything?

Malik Hairston
06-15-2015, 12:28 AM
Can't use the Warriors prototype, though, Spurs don't have a Curry..even if Kawhi develops, he's not going to be a #1 guy, especially at the SF position, he's more of a #2..

Warriors built a team with super-role players(Draymond Green), a #3 guy(Klay), great role players(Iguodala, Bogut) and solid role players(Livingston, Barnes)..their only liabilities are deep-bench guys like Barbosa, Speights and Lee..you can afford to build a team with versatility/role players/no liabilities when your best player is a top 5 guy in the NBA that pulls defenses all the way out to the 3-point line, even without actually shooting the ball(just as a threat)..

They're a younger, more 2-way oriented 2011 Mavs, tbh..

Silver&Black
06-15-2015, 12:32 AM
The juggernauts for the next few years will be the warriors.

You think they'll be able to keep the band together??

Draymond Green is going to get paid....everything I've read though has the Warriors matching whatever he gets. We'll see...

Sean Cagney
06-15-2015, 12:43 AM

^^^^^^ This tbh.

Nathan89
06-15-2015, 03:06 AM
You think they'll be able to keep the band together??

Draymond Green is going to get paid....everything I've read though has the Warriors matching whatever he gets. We'll see...

Like you said all signs show that Warriors will match Draymond. The only player that one could hope they would lose is Barbosa. Which I do hope they lose because he'd probably torch our pgs for a few unnecessary pts.

Hopefully they get satisfied with themselves and come back with less of an edge.

wildchild
06-15-2015, 10:40 AM
I'm mainly speaking of the Cavs and how the league caters more and more to 3 point shooting teams and passing. Spurs did last year, but more teams have caught up... So Spurs have to find a way to stay ahead of the pack like they always do with heavy scouting and game tactics.

We already have Kawhi to matchup with LeBron, who will be dominating the next 5 years.

We have Kyle who im confident can fill the Shaun Livingston role at the least and not the all star people expect him to be.

We need to draft a Draymond Green type to run with Kawhi. I sincerely hope Mantreal H-something drops to us.

Basically what I hope for PATFO to do is collect 6'6"-6'9" guys who can do pretty much everything, like what the Warriors have done. I believe this is the future of the NBA. Do that and keep having Kawhi improve to match LeBron and im sure we would be the best in the league.

Before signing that 6' 9", someone should explain how Kawhi can play to his strengths under Spurs offensive system.

If an injured player like Tony had more FGA per game than Leonard this season, I can't see how Kawhi will improve offensively if he never has a real opportunity to do it.

Chinook
06-15-2015, 11:03 AM
Spurs have the best perimeter defense in the league. That'll match up with anyone. If they can just keep those two and Splitter together, they will be able to guard the best teams. Their future success is really about them getting good scorers to fill out the other positions. That's why players like LA, Love and Millsap make some sense in free agency and why drafting an offensive player in a couple of weeks can be a huge boon.

james evans
06-15-2015, 12:04 PM
get rid of parker..

problem solved

Leetonidas
06-15-2015, 12:05 PM
Spurs will never trade TP and no team would probably take it back so arm chair GMing on ST isn't going to change that. That being said it would probably be best not to spend your summer crying on ST about how we should trade Parker, realize it wont happen ever, and shut the fuck up :toast

SASdynasty!
06-15-2015, 05:00 PM
Isn't this a rebuild thread?

Isn't Parker one of the worst players in the league?

Doesn't he have the worst contract in the team?

What's wrong with Suggesting of letting him go to to rebuild the team?

Not sure why you're so mad at someone that made a direct response to the topic in hand...

I wouldn't be surprised if you have a hidden Pro Parker Agenda...disgusting if true, IMO.
If by one of the worst players in the league you mean the Spurs only All-Star last year, then yah. But of course that was only according to all the coaches in the league, not to Spurstalk posters.

And don't fret bro, we all know Kawhi is an All-Star level player, it's fine. He just got snubbed.

SASdynasty!
06-15-2015, 05:04 PM
Lol I'm a fan of this team and not of any player like your dumbass. I don't even know why i bother anymore. This forum is stuck on a loop with dumbasses like you and dumbass moderators who are tolerant of idiots like you. Fu ck you fake ass fans who try to cause division from the real ones. Barely any logical conversations on this forum. And its sad because it has potential.
I honestly think he's tricked himself into believing his stuff because he stopped posting numbers a long time ago (actually I'm not sure he ever did).

BackHome
06-15-2015, 06:09 PM
:toast
+1 Amen Brother....

Poolboy5623
06-15-2015, 07:37 PM

Shaun Livingston 2.0 sounds great, but what exactly do you see, that makes you think K Anderson can be that guy? I don't see it.

cd021
06-15-2015, 09:41 PM
Spurs have quietly been collecting versatile, long/athletic wing players. Green, Leonard, Bertans, Anderson, Jean-Charles. Their not quite Milwaukee or Golden State but its a start. If the draft Anderson and or De Paula that would only add to that list.

palangi
06-15-2015, 10:58 PM
I don't know? I think if the Cavs have 6'2" kyrie, 6'10" love, and 7' varajeo then they dominate this series. More depth and just bigger and more physical.

None of them are that 6'6"-6'9" guy.

Sandman52
06-15-2015, 11:09 PM

So who are available that fill those roles? Are any of them probable to join the Spurs?

Sean Cagney
06-16-2015, 01:27 AM
I don't know? I think if the Cavs have 6'2" kyrie, 6'10" love, and 7' varajeo then they dominate this series. More depth and just bigger and more physical.

None of them are that 6'6"-6'9" guy.

I agree they probably win this series if those guys are healthy but what is funny is all year long they did not look dominant when most of them were healthy, they seemed to just coast along and were not that impressive this year to me overall. Maybe in the playoffs they all gel more and go on a run that would have won it all, maybe not. I don't know how this series would have gone if they all were healthy but seeing how Brons role players have been playing the last few games they could hardly do worse. I think their size with those guys as you said would be the factor as GSW would struggle there. I still think GSW MIGHT win but Cleveland obviously would have a way better shot than they do now IMO.