PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Lol Tom Rivers Trading for Lance Stephenson

BatManu20
06-15-2015, 05:05 PM

Clipper Nation
06-15-2015, 05:09 PM
Meh, this is actually a GOOD risk unlike the moves Doc usually makes. He's nowhere near the #1 option that Charlotte delusionally thought he was, but he can still contribute as a role player on the wing. He's also not 80 years old.

lefty20
06-15-2015, 05:14 PM
Good deal for the Spurs, seeing as how it would send Kawhi's kryptonite far far way.

The Gemini Method
06-15-2015, 05:14 PM
Not going to be a top option in the clipper's O so this may help them if he can adjust to the right attitude

Technique
06-15-2015, 05:18 PM
Stephenson for Reddick

http://yogagoddess.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/yin-yang.jpg

Chris
06-15-2015, 05:20 PM
Hawes was pretty worthless but Barnes is a unique talent. A valuable player for any team imo

Kool Bob Love
06-15-2015, 05:22 PM
Good deal for the Spurs, seeing as how it would send Kawhi's kryptonite far far way.

BatManu20
06-15-2015, 05:28 PM
Matt Barnes gonna be pissed, tbh. Just watched an Inside the NBA feature on him where he talked about how he loves living in LA cause he's from here and all his family is here and he couldn't be any happier about his situation playing for the Clippers :lol

djohn2oo8
06-15-2015, 05:40 PM
:lol Doc adding a team cancer

Malik Hairston
06-15-2015, 05:42 PM
Stephenson is a huge cancer, but it's probably worth the risk for a team that desperately needs wing talent..

Barnes is a shitty player, tbh, shouldn't be starting in the NBA..

ducks
06-15-2015, 05:52 PM
about the only thing clippers can do to try to get them over the top

06-15-2015, 05:54 PM

RD2191
06-15-2015, 05:57 PM
me, koolbob and spurfan313 are all huge faggots.

Clipper Nation
06-15-2015, 06:00 PM
Unfortunately for the Spurs, Porker's kryptonite (Austin Rivers) is probably staying.

DPG21920
06-15-2015, 06:15 PM
I don't really get CHA here?? Yes, you hate Lance, but if you keep him just one more year all of his money is gone. I could see dumping him if it meant taking back no salary, but you are taking on Hawes for 2+ more years than Lance just to dump him?

I could get it if you were getting a talent back, but Barnes is a fringe NBA player at this point and Hawes is not worth eating up 2+ extra years at 5-6M just to dump Lance IMVHO.

I get why LAC does this, but it's not a good fit. They have very limited assets though and I guess if you can dump two below average players while shedding longer-term money, you have to do it especially if you are at least getting some talent back.

However, Lance seems to be about the opposite of what LAC needs. Yes, they need a SF badly, but they need a 3/D player and Lance is not a consistent shooter and his defense is ok (might regain form). His most valuable skill is playmaking which will be limited playing with a ball dominant PG unless he might be a 6th man? I guess he will be the ball handler when CP goes out, but that seems to limit him since he's not playing every minute.

Interesting and very low risk gamble for LAC. Have no idea why CHA does this at all.

Malik Hairston
06-15-2015, 06:18 PM
I'd have Stephenson come off the bench to play Crawford's role(since he's much better than him), and try to trade Crawford for a good role player..

Crawford is a terrible player nowadays, but as we have seen throughout history in the NBA, your name has more weight than your actual ability..

baseline bum
06-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Barnes sucks, this trade is a steal for Los Angeles.

Red Hawk #21
06-15-2015, 06:21 PM

I want the one on the left, tbh...
http://i.imgur.com/vpAi7EN.jpg

DPG21920
06-15-2015, 06:22 PM
I'd have Stephenson come off the bench to play Crawford's role(since he's much better than him), and try to trade Crawford for a good role player..

Crawford is a terrible player nowadays, but as we have seen throughout history in the NBA, your name has more weight than your actual ability..

6th man is the only way this seems to make sense, but will a loose cannon like Lance accept that role? Also, LAC seems to be in love with Jamal and I wonder if they have the stones to trade him.

Red Hawk #21
06-15-2015, 06:24 PM
Meh, this is actually a GOOD risk unlike the moves Doc usually makes. He's nowhere near the #1 option that Charlotte delusionally thought he was, but he can still contribute as a role player on the wing. He's also not 80 years old.

Aren't there already rumblings about several of the Clippers growing frustrated with Chris Paul consistently chirping and giving them instructions? If these chemistry issues are true then why would you want Lance Stephenson?

Malik Hairston
06-15-2015, 06:27 PM
I don't know..I absolutely hate Lance Stephenson's game and I was calling him overrated even when he was with Indiana, I'm just trying to justify the Clipps' decision:lol..

I think Rivers is just desperate at this point, especially with all the criticism he has taken as a GM..you can't keep using the same flawed roster every year, especially after the embarrassment of this year's 2nd round..

It's evident that they desperately need depth, though..Paul and Griffin were exhausted in round 2..

djohn2oo8
06-15-2015, 06:28 PM
Barnes sucks, this trade is a steal for Los Angeles.

A team with chemistry issues bringing in Stephenson.

InRareForm
06-15-2015, 06:32 PM
Jordan just adding two players he can beat one on one. All makes sense

TD 21
06-15-2015, 06:34 PM
I don't really get CHA here?? Yes, you hate Lance, but if you keep him just one more year all of his money is gone. I could say dumping him if it meant taking back no salary, but you are taking on Hawes for 2+ more years than Lance just to dump him?

I could get it if you were getting a talent back, but Barnes is a fringe NBA player at this point and Hawes is not worth eating up 2+ extra years at 5-6M just to dump Lance IMVHO.

I get why LAC does this, but it's not a good fit. They have very limited assets though and I guess if you can dump two below average players while shedding longer-term money, you have to do it especially if you are at least getting some talent back.

However, Lance seems to be about the opposite of what LAC needs. Yes, they need a SF badly, but they need a 3/D player and Lance is not a consistent shooter and his defense is ok (might regain form). His most valuable skill is playmaking which will be limited playing with a ball dominant PG unless he might be a 6th man? I guess he will be the ball handler when CP goes out, but that seems to limit him since he's not playing every minute.

Interesting and very low risk gamble for LAC. Have no idea why CHA does this at all.

They're just desperate to get back to the playoffs and probably feel their relationship with him is irreparable, plus he's a poor fit next to Walker.

Barnes has a 1M guarantee if waived by July 1st and they have no need for him, so expect him to be either re-routed or more likely waived.

I agree with Harlem that Crawford should be traded and that's probably their plan, to trade him for a big a tier above the veteran's minimum types (someone like Scott, who the Hawks will likely be looking to dump . . . the Hawks can then re-route or waive Crawford, who's $1.5M guaranteed until June 30th), so that they can preserve the room exception for Johnson and have Stephenson be the sixth man.

It's definitely worth it for the Clippers, for the simple fact that it increases their ceiling, while not lowering their floor and if it doesn't work out, they can just decline his team option, while not having relinquished an asset that can hurt them long term.

DPG21920
06-15-2015, 06:37 PM
They're just desperate to get back to the playoffs and probably feel their relationship with him is irreparable, plus he's a poor fit next to Walker.

Barnes has a 1M guarantee if waived by July 1st and they have no need for him, so expect him to be either re-routed or more likely waived.

I agree with Harlem that Crawford should be traded and that's probably their plan, to trade him for a big a tier above the veteran's minimum types (someone like Scott, who the Hawks will likely be looking to dump), so that they can preserve the room exception for Johnson and have Stephenson be the sixth man.

It's definitely worth it for the Clippers, for the simple fact that it increases their ceiling, while not lowering their floor and if it doesn't work out, they can just decline his team option, while not having relinquished an asset that can hurt them long term.

I agree about it being worth it for LAC, said as much in that post, but how does this help CHA get back to the playoffs? Shaving off 2M in cap space this year does nothing for them.

TD 21
06-15-2015, 06:42 PM
I agree about it being worth it for LAC, said as much in that post, but how does this help CHA get back to the playoffs? Shaving off 2M in cap space this year does nothing for them.

Addition by subtraction, plus it would give them a stretch big, something they desperately need.

Clipper Nation
06-15-2015, 06:44 PM
Addition by subtraction, plus it would give them a stretch big, something they desperately need.
It gets them a "stretch big" in theory. In reality, Hawes fucking blows at being a stretch big.

DPG21920
06-15-2015, 06:45 PM

By that logic, if it's addition by subtraction, how can it be good for LAC? They are getting a piece of crap player is what they are getting plus longer term money. Literally don't see any reason to do the trade.

TD 21
06-15-2015, 07:00 PM
It gets them a "stretch big" in theory. In reality, Hawes fucking blows at being a stretch big.

He did last season. Career wise, he's about a league average three-point shooter on decent volume, which is elite for a C.

By that logic, if it's addition by subtraction, how can it be good for LAC? They are getting a piece of crap player is what they are getting plus longer term money. Literally don't see any reason to do the trade.

They're obviously banking on their leadership and infrastructure to help get him on track and keep him in line.

If Hawes bounces back, his contract will be fine. I'm not saying it's a great trade for them, but I get it.

The only issue I see, is they've blocked Vonleh's path to the rotation. If Williams is dumped and Biyombo re-signed, he'll be the odd man out behind Jefferson, Zeller, Hawes and Biyombo. Either they think he's not ready yet or just view Hawes as having better resale value than Stephenson.

DPG21920
06-15-2015, 07:05 PM
I mean, I get why Jordan is doing it, it's just bad decision making IMO unless they have a lot of other moves planned. You don't go from missing the playoffs in the East to making them by getting less talent. Bite the bullet, keep him one more year then cut him. Or hold off for a better trade in hopes he starts the season well (his value is already low anyways).

TD 21
06-15-2015, 07:15 PM
I mean, I get why Jordan is doing it, it's just bad decision making IMO unless they have a lot of other moves planned. You don't go from missing the playoffs in the East to making them by getting less talent. Bite the bullet, keep him one more year then cut him. Or hold off for a better trade in hopes he starts the season well (his value is already low anyways).

You do realize that they made the playoffs the year before without him and that, had four of their five best players (Jefferson, Walker, Kidd-Gilchrist and Zeller) not missed significant time, they may very well have made it again?

Obviously, we'll have to see what happens in the off season, but it's not like it's far fetched that they could squeak in next season. They probably won't, but he's such a poor fit that I don't feel like they'll lower their odds any if this comes to fruition.

Spurs9
06-15-2015, 07:29 PM
Good trade for the Clips tbh

DPG21920
06-15-2015, 07:33 PM
Trade is official. Lance is a Clipper. Smart move by LAC. Unlike CHA, Barnes/Hawes value weren't going anywhere and you have to jump on any shot you can to dump Hawes and bring on anyone with a pulse.

CHA appears to be again one of the worst franchises in the nba. I really don't get this move at all.

StrengthAndHonor
06-15-2015, 07:36 PM
Pretty good deal. Clippers are having a rough time signing talents due to cap flexibility. This is basically a one year trial, if Stephenson doesn't work out the Clippers will have team option in 2017.

DPG21920
06-15-2015, 07:39 PM
This was a hell of a deal for LAC regardless of what Lance does on the court. Even if he sucks, it's a good deal. If he has any sort of re-birth than it will likely be one of the best trades of the year.

RD2191
06-15-2015, 07:41 PM
:lmaomatt barnes gonna be salty as hell

Red Hawk #21
06-15-2015, 07:46 PM
:lmaomatt barnes gonna be salty as hell

Dude's life is about to change drastically :rollin

Clipper Nation
06-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Even if he sucks, it's a good deal.

If he sucks, we can just opt out after this year and add $10 million in cap space, which is a big deal for a cap-strapped team. Doc finally made his first good trade in the NBA.

DPG21920
06-15-2015, 07:49 PM
If he sucks, we can just opt out after this year and add $10 million in cap space, which is a big deal for a cap-strapped team. Doc finally made his first good trade in the NBA.

Yup - Jordan getting fleeced by Doc the GM. Now I've seen it all.

Clipper Nation
06-15-2015, 07:54 PM

:lol DK

RD2191
06-15-2015, 07:56 PM
Dude's life is about to change drastically :rollin
Faggot ain't going to get away with his dirty play in shitty ass Charlotte that's for sure.

djohn2oo8
06-15-2015, 07:58 PM

daslicer
06-15-2015, 08:09 PM
The Hornets are my home team. I have watched them all year and I have to say Lance is garbage. This guy has 0 jump shot. He could be wide open and will shoot bricks.

gambit1990
06-15-2015, 08:31 PM
this will help the clippers :rollin

great trade for the hornets.

TheCultOfPersonality
06-15-2015, 08:36 PM
:wakeup

Budkin
06-15-2015, 08:46 PM
Trading Barnes?? He won the damn series against the Spurs!

StrengthAndHonor
06-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Wish it was Crawford but Barnes is movable.

DPG21920
06-15-2015, 08:56 PM
this will help the clippers :rollin

great trade for the hornets.

What

Chris
06-15-2015, 09:02 PM

His is highly underrated and unappreciated

StrengthAndHonor
06-15-2015, 09:21 PM
Heck of a bargain, I can see him signing for a vets min if bought out.

manufan10
06-15-2015, 10:17 PM
An NBA writer on Twitter earlier suggested that the Clippers might be going after Paul Pierce. I'll see if I can find the tweet.

manufan10
06-15-2015, 10:19 PM
An NBA writer on Twitter earlier suggested that the Clippers might be going after Paul Pierce. I'll see if I can find the tweet.

It was Alex Kennedy, so I guess take it with a grain of salt. :lol

Robz4000
06-15-2015, 10:31 PM

:lmao

SPM
06-15-2015, 11:32 PM
Clippers had to do something, although I predict Lance and Paul will be at one another's throats many times during the season.

ffadicted
06-16-2015, 12:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/TL8x6XT.gif

wooooooooooooow

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-16-2015, 12:45 AM
Great deal for the Clippers even only for dumping that horrible Hawes contract.

SupremeGuy
06-16-2015, 07:15 AM
Good deal for the Spurs, seeing as how it would send Kawhi's kryptonite far far way.The clippers are trading tony parker?

SupremeGuy
06-16-2015, 07:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/TL8x6XT.gif

wooooooooooooowNice. :wakeup

06-16-2015, 11:34 AM
The Hornets missed Byron Mullens so much, they got a slightly better version of him in Spencer Hawes.

06-16-2015, 12:33 PM
:lol this was a great move for Rivers. Got rid of that useless Hawes who still had 3 years left on his contract.

tenbeersbold
06-16-2015, 01:16 PM
Y'all got it wrong this aint 'bout nuthin' but MJ trying to keep Timmeh from getting 6
GOAT vs TimmehGOAT.MJ is one vain petty ass mofo.

Koolaid_Man
06-16-2015, 02:50 PM

Bingo...adding Lance is a huge pick up....just that signing alone means the Spurs are officially done....if they dump Jamal and get a very consistent role player they're top 2 teams in the West