PDA

View Full Version : If you're able to reconstruct current spur salaries how would you do it?

apalisoc_9
06-15-2015, 10:24 PM
Just a fun game to play with the long off season. Season cap 91 Million dollars.

For this year assuming everyone is back save for Bonner

Kawhi - 23 Million dollars
TD - 17 Million dollars
Danny - 11 Million dollars
Diaw - 10 Million dollars
Splitter - 10 Million dollars
Manu Ginobili - 6 Million dollars
Patrick Mills - 4 Million dollars a year
Cory Joseph - 2 Million a year
JJ Barea - 2 Million dollars a year
Aaron Baynes - 1 Million dollars a year
Tony Parker - 900k a year
Jeff Ayres - 800k a year
Slomo - 500k a year
New Rookie - 500k a year

Assuming there is no rookie contract and shit and it was a lot more like soccer..Also based on pure Value as well.

ElNono
06-15-2015, 10:30 PM
Just do a Barea for Tony and save $900k, tbh...

apalisoc_9
06-15-2015, 10:34 PM
Just do a Barea for Tony and save $900k, tbh...

From a business standpoint, I think it makes sense to Keep Tony even just for fan reasons tbh..

Kinda like when NBA teams sign player like Sim Bhular, Yi Jianlin, and Hamed Haddadi..It's a good way to market your team to mainstream fans IMO..

Nathan89
06-15-2015, 11:00 PM
Tony wouldn't be able to fulfill his sean marks role so I'd just get rid of him.

apalisoc_9
06-15-2015, 11:08 PM
Tony wouldn't be able to fulfill his sean marks role so I'd just get rid of him.

you don't think it's a good business idea to keep him and sell parker shirts to the likes of Bruno, and other parker fans?

Nathan89
06-15-2015, 11:12 PM
you don't think it's a good business idea to keep him and sell parker shirts to the likes of Bruno, and other parker fans?

At that point Tony fans would get extremely butt hurt about him not getting minutes. It would me similar to the feeling you get when he get minutes but more people would have that feeling. Bad for business.

ducks
06-15-2015, 11:13 PM
Manu vet min
Duncan vet min
Lma vet min
Gasol vet min
Splitter 10 million
diaw 10 min
Leonard max
Green max
Tp vet min
Patty 2 million
Dragic max

ElNono
06-15-2015, 11:15 PM
From a business standpoint, I think it makes sense to Keep Tony even just for fan reasons tbh..

Kinda like when NBA teams sign player like Sim Bhular, Yi Jianlin, and Hamed Haddadi..It's a good way to market your team to mainstream fans IMO..

We already have a better french player, tbh... Plus Barea has that Puerto Rican background that fit latinos better...

Sean Cagney
06-15-2015, 11:36 PM
Manu vet min
Duncan vet min
Lma vet min
Gasol vet min
That would be great wouldn't it? I think they might ring again off that alone.

LongtimeSpursFan
06-16-2015, 12:52 AM
Didn't you say you were going to stop posting on Spurstalk? I swear there was a thread in which you promised to stop posting if Kawhi didn't come through in a certain game?

06-16-2015, 07:25 AM
Manu vet min
Duncan vet min
Lma vet min
Gasol vet min
Splitter 10 million
diaw 10 min
Leonard max
Green max
Tp vet min
Patty 2 million
Dragic max

The most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

SASdynasty!
06-16-2015, 07:38 AM
Didn't you say you were going to stop posting on Spurstalk? I swear there was a thread in which you promised to stop posting if Kawhi didn't come through in a certain game?
Lol, he's taken his troll game to another level. We all know he's not a man of his word in that sense. But now he's started lying about stats in the Clippers series to try and make things look different. In other thread he posted that Parker's 21 shots were the most taken by a Spur in that series. Of course that's not true, but no one else caught it. We all agree that Parker had a bad series and we all admit it. But now he's lying to try and make it seem worse. It's pretty sad actually.

K...
06-16-2015, 11:50 AM
Man I really think kawhi can't handle the pressure of being a max player. Dude seems to hate stepping up in big moments. I think I give him 19 .

Ok trolling aside, this gets really complicated if you are doing a league wide analysis of player movement. Removing the salary indiv caps but leaving team caps prevents role players from being overpaid. I think spurs might actually let kawhi go since he can't actually reach max value except on a stacked team while without restricted free agency other teams would create more cap space then the spurs could afford

ChumpDumper
06-16-2015, 11:52 AM
Manu vet min
Duncan vet min
Lma vet min
Gasol vet min
Splitter 10 million
diaw 10 min
Leonard max
Green max
Tp vet min
Patty 2 million
Dragic maxActually give them all the minimum.

It's just good business.

Dex
06-16-2015, 11:59 AM
Man I really think kawhi can't handle the pressure of being a max player. Dude seems to hate stepping up in big moments. I think I give him 19 .

Ok trolling aside, this gets really complicated if you are doing a league wide analysis of player movement. Removing the salary indiv caps but leaving team caps prevents role players from being overpaid. I think spurs might actually let kawhi go since he can't actually reach max value except on a stacked team while without restricted free agency other teams would create more cap space then the spurs could afford

No way the Spurs let Khawi walk. If anyone is guaranteed to get paid this summer, it's him.