PDA

View Full Version : Troy Smith > Vince Young

timvp
09-10-2005, 08:45 PM
http://www.melaneecoopergallery.com/current/murphyThrowLikeGirl.jpg

scott
09-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Vince has impressed me with his improved throwing ability today... but he's still got the decision making of a bag of rocks.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Vince has impressed me with his improved throwing ability today... but he's still got the decision making of a bag of rocks.

The bag of rocks would have taken the sack.

Duff McCartney
09-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Man Mack Brown is a dumb motherfucker. Calls some of the stupidest plays in the biggest games.

mookie2001
09-10-2005, 10:35 PM
not so fast my friend!!

he's so good!, he doesnt even start
and so good! he doesnt play when they have a chance to drive for a win
haters...keep hating
Vince will keep winning

mookie2001
09-10-2005, 10:35 PM
not so fast my friend!!

haters...keep hating
Vince will keep winning

ROFL

Horry For 3!
09-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Texas wins!

timvp
09-10-2005, 10:48 PM
not so fast my friend!!

haters...keep hating
Vince will keep winning

:lol

Props.

Not sure why Ohio State put Serge Zwikker in there with the game on the line. But VY came up pretty huge with the TD pass.

Not an overwhelming performance by UT, but they passed this test. Their text test will be at the Rose Bowl versus USC.

Good luck. I'll be rooting for you, again.

:smokin

KewlKat00
09-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Not sure why Ohio State put Serge Zwikker in there with the game on the line. But VY came up pretty huge with the TD pass.

Not an overwhelming performance by UT, but they passed this test. Their text test will be at the Rose Bowl versus USC.

yeah, troy smith should have been in there. last year, he did a good job when he was running the offense... not to mention that osu won more games.

don't get ahead of yourself there, neither team is guaranteed a rose bowl bid.... crazier things have happened...

but for now, congrats to vince young and texas.

2centsworth
09-10-2005, 10:53 PM

Not an overwhelming performance by UT, but they passed this test.

Stick to basketball analysis. A victory against OSU at the shoe is by definition overwhelming.

Jimcs50
09-10-2005, 10:54 PM
USC will not be in National Championship game. I will bet a million dollars on that right now.

KewlKat00
09-10-2005, 10:58 PM
USC will not be in National Championship game. I will bet a million dollars on that right now.

why do you say? i'm just curious as to your reasons (i already know our problems).

timvp
09-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Stick to basketball analysis. A victory against OSU at the shoe is by definition overwhelming.

Stick to the library until you can comprehend English. Great, great win, but it wasn't like UT went out there and dominated. That field goal goes a foot to the left and UT loses. Three turnovers in a row on the wrong side of the field and no TDs.

Homer.

Jimcs50
09-10-2005, 11:04 PM
why do you say? i'm just curious as to your reasons (i already know our problems).

Number one, they got lucky in a few games last year, games that they should have lost. Number two, these are college kids, they are in LA(Tinseltown), it is human nature to believe your press clippings, and fall victim to all the hype and praise. They will not be focused in every game and they will lose 1 or 2 games.

That is why.

UT will be playing for all the marbles and I am not sure who will be their opponent, it might very well be Ohio State again.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Not to mention Mack going for the TD at the end. He needs to send Tressel a thank you card for dicking with his QBs in the second half like he did when it was pretty obvious Troy Smith had them clicking.

For once Mack ran into someone dumber than him on the other sideline in a big game.

Horry For 3!
09-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Stick to the library until you can comprehend English. Great, great win, but it wasn't like UT went out there and dominated. That field goal goes a foot to the left and UT loses. Three turnovers in a row on the wrong side of the field and no TDs.

Homer.
Well, if it wasn't for the freakin 3 turnovers, that game would have been dominated but shit happens. Atleast Texas prevailed in the end. I knew we were going to at some point because our defense was owning Ohio State. We have the Best Defense & Offensive Line in the Country.

Horry For 3!
09-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Not to mention Mack going for the TD at the end. He needs to send Tressel a thank you card for dicking with his QBs in the second half like he did when it was pretty obvious Troy Smith had them clicking.

For once Mack ran into someone dumber than him on the other sideline in a big game.
:lmao I know you are an A&M fan but that saying.

2centsworth
09-10-2005, 11:08 PM
AhF=Lakergod of college football message board.

KewlKat00
09-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Number one, they got lucky in a few games last year, games that they should have lost. Number two, these are college kids, they are in LA(Tinseltown), it is human nature to believe your press clippings, and fall victim to all the hype and praise. They will not be focused in every game and they will lose 1 or 2 games.

That is why.

UT will be playing for all the marbles and I am not sure who will be their opponent, it might very well be Ohio State again.

sure there were some close games last year... but good teams pull out the close ones (isn't that what texas did today).

sure it is easy to fall victim to the hype. but we stayed focused last year.

i definitely think it is possible to have a loss or two (everyone has to lose at some point and i realize that), but i think our offense is too good. if you wanna talk about why we could lose, then mention real reasons like our inexperienced defense, new kickers...

Jimcs50
09-10-2005, 11:16 PM
sure there were some close games last year... but good teams pull out the close ones (isn't that what texas did today).

sure it is easy to fall victim to the hype. but we stayed focused last year.

i definitely think it is possible to have a loss or two (everyone has to lose at some point and i realize that), but i think our offense is too good. if you wanna talk about why we could lose, then mention real reasons like our inexperienced defense, new kickers...

Ok, their linebackers suck and their D line will not stop anyone.

Yes they will score, but they will have to outscore everyone and that is not going to happen week in and week out. California will beat them for sure.

KewlKat00
09-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Ok, their linebackers suck and their D line will not stop anyone.

Yes they will score, but they will have to outscore everyone and that is not going to happen week in and week out. California will beat them for sure.

if anyone beats us, i think it wil be at asu.

cal's starting qb is out for the season. the new starter looked good today, but that was against washington. luckily for cal, we don't play them for awhile because their starting running back (lynch) broke his finger today. but at that point i think our d-line will have improved... and if we stop lynch, they don't have rodgers to fall back on this year. they are not even close to the same team as last year.

right now, i am happy texas won. they played a good game.

and you have to admit, it would be a pretty fun rose bowl with usc and ut...

IcemanCometh
09-10-2005, 11:47 PM

that happens everytime he plays aggy

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-10-2005, 11:49 PM

This coming from a dork who posted that Melton was "running out the clock" on a 4th and one with 30 seconds left.

Look in the mirror son.

mookie2001
09-11-2005, 12:26 AM
at least they WON, in a victory AT ohio st (4)

samikeyp
09-11-2005, 12:32 AM
Man Mack Brown is a dumb motherfucker. Calls some of the stupidest plays in the biggest games.

actually....Greg Davis calls the plays so he would be the moron in question...but I agree with you! :)

Zerge Swikker...:lol

Hey....AHF knows his shit and he was right on with that....Tressel messed up.

Horry For 3!
09-11-2005, 02:16 AM
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/9538/captco11809110349texasohiostco.jpg

Mack Brown: I'm sorry Tressell, but you just have been OWNED. Good Luck next year.
Jim Tressell: Yeah, yeah. Vince Young is a stud. Bring it on next year.

Sense
09-11-2005, 02:18 AM
Hey....AHF knows his shit and he was right on with that....Tressel messed up.

The way he said it made me think he knows his team is nowhere near the top but his team's rival is.

In other words, talking shit about your rival and trying to get some credibility doesn't work, especially when your name is AggieHoopsfan

Horry For 3!
09-11-2005, 02:28 AM
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/79/captco10409110103texasohiostco.jpg
Heisman Pose? :smokin

KewlKat00
09-11-2005, 03:36 AM
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/79/captco10409110103texasohiostco.jpg
Heisman Pose? :smokin

hmm... i don't know about heisman pose... i definitely think he is a top candidate and will rightfully so make it to the ceremony... but he had 3 turnovers tonight... he stepped up when it counted, but it wouldn't have even been a game if he had kept the ball.

who knows, he picked himself up after some hard hits and got his team the victory. if he continues like that, he has a pretty good shot.

JoeChalupa
09-11-2005, 06:08 AM
Vince is a bad mofo but I still think Ohio State lost the game, granted due to tough defense by Texas, by not getting in the endzone. Duh.

But they proved they are on the same level as Texas.

We'll get them next year.

2centsworth
09-11-2005, 01:03 PM
This coming from a dork who posted that Melton was "running out the clock" on a 4th and one with 30 seconds left.

Look in the mirror son.

The reason I said that is because you're more concerned with another team losing than your own team winning. Just like Lakergod.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-11-2005, 01:14 PM
ahhhaha you guys are the shit

this quote says it all (posted by CBF before the game, in response to VY haters)

vince young will fuck ohio so hard he will impale their tonsils

Cant_Be_Faded
09-11-2005, 01:17 PM
noone can deny vy made a couple bonehead plays

but noone can deny he totally split open OSU from the seams

their linebackers (osu) were fucking awesome their defense legit, but their offense really was too feeble...all those good field position drives, and they just get a handful of fieldgoals? Please. It'll take more than that to rock the Longhorn Tank.

mookie2001
09-11-2005, 02:25 PM
and now im so paid out...
i eat free at Pappadeuxs, I like smoking Optimos, look in my closet i got a lot of clothes

KewlKat00
09-11-2005, 02:48 PM
their linebackers (osu) were fucking awesome their defense legit, but their offense really was too feeble...all those good field position drives, and they just get a handful of fieldgoals? Please. It'll take more than that to rock the Longhorn Tank.

yeah, their offense didn't look too good. i think part of it is the switching of the qbs. and, i don't think they give teddy ginn enough touches.

2centsworth
09-11-2005, 07:38 PM
hmm... i don't know about heisman pose... i definitely think he is a top candidate and will rightfully so make it to the ceremony... but he had 3 turnovers tonight... he stepped up when it counted, but it wouldn't have even been a game if he had kept the ball.

who knows, he picked himself up after some hard hits and got his team the victory. if he continues like that, he has a pretty good shot.
2 turnovers not 3.

KewlKat00
09-11-2005, 11:42 PM
2 turnovers not 3.

wasn't it two interceptions and a fumble? or was it one of the running backs that fumbled? i could've gotten it confused because there were a couple of close calls when he kept the ball out in one hand as they were tackling him. if so, my bad.

2centsworth
09-12-2005, 09:07 AM
wasn't it two interceptions and a fumble? or was it one of the running backs that fumbled? i could've gotten it confused because there were a couple of close calls when he kept the ball out in one hand as they were tackling him. if so, my bad.
Selvin Young had the fumble.

Hook Dem
09-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Vince is a bad mofo but I still think Ohio State lost the game, granted due to tough defense by Texas, by not getting in the endzone. Duh.

Not likely in Memorial Stadium!(Austin)

samikeyp
09-12-2005, 01:14 PM

I have mad respect for you Joe, but I have never bought the whole "one team didn't win, the other lost" thing. You have a winner and a loser period. Both teams made mistakes but Texas overcame theirs and OSU didn't. I do agree that they are on the same level as Texas...but UT, at least that night, was better.

can't wait.

batman2883
09-12-2005, 01:27 PM
Troy Smith has got nothing on Vince Young.....Vince wouldnt have allowed himself to get a safety at the end of a close game

Ballcox
09-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Look, VY accounted for over 370 yards total offense on the night. The ENTIRE osu offense accounted for about 255 yds. total offense. Who is the better QB? Vince. Who is the better team? Texas. End of discussion for this season of college football at least. We'll resume the argument come this time next year when osu comes looking for some payback. :hat

Horry For 3!
09-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Selvin Young had the fumble.
:bang I don't like Selvin. I hope they play Charles & Melton.

2centsworth
09-12-2005, 02:30 PM
:bang I don't like Selvin. I hope they play Charles & Melton.

Charles looked great. I was very impressed with his play.

mookie2001
09-12-2005, 02:48 PM
his hands looked real good^

youve got to give Ramonce some carries from the tb position
youve got to...

Ballcox
09-12-2005, 02:56 PM
I think it's pretty much all Charles and Melton from here on out, with R. Taylor hopefully getting some carries in there as well. I really thought he didn't get enough looks with the ball against osu.

2centsworth
09-12-2005, 02:58 PM
I think it's pretty much all Charles and Melton from here on out, with R. Taylor hopefully getting some carries in there as well. I really thought he didn't get enough looks with the ball against osu.
let's see what R. Taylor can do but he doesn't look powerful at all. Charles look super strong, did you see that stick on AJ Hawk?

KewlKat00
09-13-2005, 08:45 PM
better later than never...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2159925

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Troy Smith will start for the No. 9 Buckeyes on Saturday against San Diego State, while Justin Zwick -- the starter the first two games this season -- has been relegated to the sideline.

Coach Jim Tressel said he couldn't even say for sure if Zwick will play against the Aztecs.

It was difficult to tell who was in charge of the offense and what the game plan was during Saturday's 25-22 loss to Texas, as Tressel shuffled in quarterbacks like relief pitchers in a high-scoring game.

Tressel has been criticized on call-in shows and in chat rooms since the defeat.

"You have to make decisions," Tressel said Tuesday. "I've never pretended that every decision I've made was right. And I've been reminded of that."

Tressel waffled throughout the nationally televised game with No. 2 Texas, playing Zwick the first two series, then Smith for five, then Zwick for two, Smith for one, Zwick for two, and Smith for one. As a result, the offense never really got into a rhythm.

"There were some times when I didn't execute," Tressel said, discussing how well he coached during the game. "You have to start with yourself in the formula. I certainly didn't grade a winning performance."

Smith was 5-for-11 for 78 yards and a touchdown and added 13 rushes for 27 yards. He led Ohio State to points on five consecutive possessions and a 19-13 lead, then was suddenly replaced by Zwick.

The Buckeyes scored three points on drives with Zwick at quarterback. He ended up 9-of-15 for 66 yards and gained 11 yards on five carries. He fumbled the ball the last time he touched it, all but snuffing out Ohio State's final chance.

Tressel said after the game that he substituted quarterbacks based on his feelings at the moment. On Tuesday, he did not give concrete reasons for giving Smith the job.

Texas coach Mack Brown, speaking at his weekly news conference in Austin, said he was impressed with both Ohio State quarterbacks and understood the dilemma facing Tressel.

"The toughest thing that can happen is you play them both and lose," Brown said. "It just opens you up for criticism. It's a very difficult thing."

Manu20
01-05-2006, 12:37 AM
Bumb! :)

chode_regulator
01-05-2006, 12:48 AM
not so fast my friend!!

haters...keep hating
Vince will keep winning
x2 mookie
keep preaching

T Park
01-05-2006, 01:38 AM

Mack Brown also OWNS, all his haters after today.

Mack Brown > Pete Carroll

Scoreboard.

vincerodriguez23
01-05-2006, 05:06 AM
Vince Young > Troy Smith

Troy even said he was rootin for Texas and he was a Vince Young fan. When a good player like Troy Smith says hes a fan of Vince, that says alot about what his peers think of Vince Young

timvp
09-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Bump.

Holt McCoy or whoever < TSizzle.

JoeChalupa
09-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Troy looks good so far.

MannyIsGod
09-09-2006, 07:29 PM

LJ is the biggest UT hater of all time.

Kori Ellis
09-09-2006, 07:37 PM

LJ is the biggest UT hater of all time.

He actually doesn't care one way or another about UT:lol He just enjoys riling the Mookie Clan.

JoeChalupa
09-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah baby!!

Horry For 3!
09-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Bump.

I would hope so as Colt McCoy is a redshirt freshman and Troy Smith is a senior.

So the < isn't sayin much.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-09-2007, 12:06 AM
once again timvp blows us away with his pinpoint accurate college football takes

T Park
01-09-2007, 12:12 AM
:lmao

Fillmoe
01-09-2007, 12:12 AM
everyone point and laugh at timvp........... :lol :lol :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
01-09-2007, 12:14 AM
I can't wait to tabulate Colt McCoy vs Troy Smith's final season stats.

TEBOWNED.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-09-2007, 12:16 AM
not so fast my friend!!

haters...keep hating
Vince will keep winning

Fillmoe
01-09-2007, 12:19 AM
TEBOWNED.

:lol :lol

timvp
01-09-2007, 12:46 AM

UT was in the Alamo Bowl so their fans had to rely on Florida to do the job for them. Don't be mad just cuz UT had one fluke year and returned back to their regular spot in the pecking order. At least USC still fielded a football team this year.

MannyIsGod
01-09-2007, 02:20 AM
The UT fans on this board remind me of Mav fans.

T-Pain
01-09-2007, 04:33 AM
nope. its Vince Young > Troy Smith

Troy couldnt win the big one, and he even won the Heisman.

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2007, 04:46 AM

...while i appreciate your effort, not that you asked me too, in helping subdue the t.u. jaggoff fest on this board. they are worse than Mavs fans...

samikeyp
01-09-2007, 07:13 AM

Yeah because all UT fans think alike. :rolleyes

SOME of us on this board still root for UT yet can still be objective.

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2007, 07:28 AM

SOME of us on this board still root for UT yet can still be objective.

if its any consolation, you're not worse than Mavs fan.....just about the same. :lol

j/k...you are, obviously, not the type of t.u. fan we are referring to.

Ballcox
01-09-2007, 09:59 AM
^What do you expect from UT fans anyway? They're pretty much THE professional sports team in central Texas when it comes to football, they're followed like a professional team for the most part.

So, I don't think you can expect tons of objectivity from UT fans about their team/school. That's just the way it is and will be for the rest of time.

samikeyp
01-09-2007, 10:26 AM
There is always room for objectivity.

RonMexico
01-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Objectivity - bad guy and cocky SOB (Troy Smith - who had his Heisman winning party at Scores in NYC) loses out to the humble, hard-working, often-ridiculed nice guy (Chris Leak). What a great night.

At least Troy Smith has the thousands that OSU paid him to ease his pain.

MannyIsGod
01-09-2007, 01:31 PM

SOME of us on this board still root for UT yet can still be objective.I didn't say you all thought alike. I said the UT fans on this board remind me of Mav fans. And they do.

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Objectivity - bad guy and cocky SOB (Troy Smith - who had his Heisman winning party at Scores in NYC) loses out to the humble, hard-working, often-ridiculed nice guy (Chris Leak). What a great night.

At least Troy Smith has the thousands that OSU paid him to ease his pain.

...these are the types of posts i don't understand. how is Troy Smith a cocky SOB? please explain. and having your Heisman party at Scores...so what? just cause you partied at a strip club doesn't make you a bad guy or a cocky guy or anything....it just means you partied at Scores. maybe his friends set it up for him? maybe he didn't even want it there? maybe it was a surprise? shit even if he did set it up there so what.

let me be clear, i am not mad at your post, i don't think you're a bad poster, etc. etc....lol. i just don't understand how you can come to that conclusion. from what i have seen, they both seem like stand up guys...strip club(s) or not.

samikeyp
01-09-2007, 02:48 PM
I didn't say you all thought alike. I said the UT fans on this board remind me of Mav fans. And they do.

What have I said that reminds you of a Mav fan?

j-6
01-09-2007, 03:09 PM
I didn't say you all thought alike. I said the UT fans on this board remind me of Mav fans. And they do.

That's funny, Mav fans remind me of Redskin fans.

BeerIsGood!
01-09-2007, 03:54 PM
What have I said that reminds you of a Mav fan?
So what is the definition of a Mav fan that is so terrible? Or any different than the Spurs fans on here? They're basically trying to call us unobjective homers by saying something that is unobjectively homerish in itself. Hypocracy rears it's ugly head again, unfortunately this time in black and silver.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-09-2007, 06:34 PM

UT was in the Alamo Bowl so their fans had to rely on Florida to do the job for them. Don't be mad just cuz UT had one fluke year and returned back to their regular spot in the pecking order. At least USC still fielded a football team this year.

Troy Smith > Vince Young

Mr Dio
01-10-2007, 03:13 PM
That's funny, Mav fans remind me of Redskin fans.

Redskins fans??? Is there such a thing?
I though Redskins fans were really Cross Dressing Philly fans. :lol

word
01-29-2007, 04:31 AM
bump

thispego
01-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Timvps always been a hardcore usc fan