PDA

View Full Version : Will the Warriors Repeat Next Season?

BatManu20
06-16-2015, 11:59 PM
Tbh? Genuinely curious as to what ST thinks about this. They have the best young core of any team in the league. I'm not sure if the Spurs, as constructed, can beat this team next year, simply because our core guys will all be a year older and a year slower, and the injury bug seems to be catching up to them as their bodies are built to take an 82-game pounding anymore. IF we bring everyone back (unlikely), and we're completely healthy, I think we have a good shot at beating them in a 7-game series, but it will still be difficult. What say you? Do you think we can beat them as constructed with Porker in his current condition? Discuss.

RD2191
06-17-2015, 12:01 AM
:lolNo. They played some extremely weak competition on their title run. Not to mention they played a few teams with significant injuries. I don't see them beating a healthy Spurs or OKC.

TheGoldStandard
06-17-2015, 12:02 AM
If Kawhi and Green are back then yes.. Shutting down there back court while having more than 1 guy competent enough to handle he scoring is a sure fire way to beat them.

ducks
06-17-2015, 12:03 AM
Gs had a lot of luck this year with health and playoff matches
Also never facing another playoff starting point guard healthy at all
Chances they repeat less the 10 percent
Cavs could even be better next year

BillMc
06-17-2015, 12:03 AM
We'll stop them. :hat

Malik Hairston
06-17-2015, 12:04 AM
Maybe..they have a huge playoff liability in Klay Thompson, tbh..

Mikeanaro
06-17-2015, 12:05 AM
Lol hell no this was an anomaly because all the great teams killed each other.

timtonymanu
06-17-2015, 12:07 AM
Depends on how the offseason goes for the Spurs. The rest of the league doesn't stand a chance though.

davi78239
06-17-2015, 12:08 AM
I hope not. Then we'll hear the full force maggets come out again about how the spurs never repeated. With that said, it will all fall on health. They (golden state) were the healthiest team all year and if they remain healthy again and with their young core, they'll have a good chance. And it'll depend on what the spurs will do this off season.

InRareForm
06-17-2015, 12:09 AM
Doubtful. Almost every team that wants to take their championship away from them will be better.

RD2191
06-17-2015, 12:10 AM
I really hope Parker becomes more of a facilitator and passer tbh. Otherwise the Spurs are fucked.

BatManu20
06-17-2015, 12:10 AM
Depends on how the offseason goes for the Spurs. The rest of the league doesn't stand a chance though.

This is what I think too. If it's not the Spurs, it won't be anybody. A healthy Cavs team might be able to do it, but other than that, I don't see any other teams as constructed beating them.

Russ
06-17-2015, 12:11 AM
These Warriors remind me of the 2000 Lakers.

New coach, hugely dominant during the regular season -- then had some fits and starts and moments of doubt in the playoffs. But in the end they fought through it, learned how to win big games and won ugly.

The Lakers went on to threepeat and I think GS is probably on the start of a similar run.

The Spurs will have their work cut out to trying to stop this roll.

RD2191
06-17-2015, 12:13 AM
The Warriors remind me of the 2000 Lakers.

New coach, hugely dominant during the regular season -- then had some fits and starts and moments of doubt in the playoffs. But in the end they fought through it, learned how to win big games and won ugly.

The Lakers went on to threepeat and I think GS is probably on the start of a similar run.

The Spurs will have their work cut out to trying to stop this roll.
Lol, no. Just no. The Lakers had Shaq, one of the most dominant forces in NBA history. Dubs lucked out with weak competition and injuries this season.

Russ
06-17-2015, 12:14 AM
Lol, no. Just no. The Lakers had Shaq, one of the most dominant forces in NBA history. Dubs lucked out with weak competition and injuries this season.

I wasn't comparng their centers. :lol

RD2191
06-17-2015, 12:15 AM
I wasn't comparng their centers. :lol
I know.

crc21209
06-17-2015, 12:15 AM
They could be dominant, but now they'll have the bullseye on their backs. Lets see how they play when every single team is gunning for them night after night. It's different to go out and play as the defending champion every night..

davi78239
06-17-2015, 12:16 AM
And how much you wanna bet that the warriors will attract fa to play for them unlike the spurs coming off titles?? I just hope now that since we were on the losing side that fa will find us attractive in that we will have the motivation and hunger again to go back and win it.

Shabazz
06-17-2015, 12:21 AM
Are they gonna be able to resign Draymond?

wildchild
06-17-2015, 12:25 AM
Obviously they will repeat....the Warriors just need the other team lose two stars and then they'll win the ring again.

BatManu20
06-17-2015, 01:22 AM
Are they gonna be able to resign Draymond?

Yes. He's pretty much guaranteed to re-sign there.

BatManu20
06-17-2015, 01:24 AM
And how much you wanna bet that the warriors will attract fa to play for them unlike the spurs coming off titles?? I just hope now that since we were on the losing side that fa will find us attractive in that we will have the motivation and hunger again to go back and win it.

They can't really afford any premier FA's once they re-sign Green. But I think they can essentially bring back the same team.

kobyz
06-17-2015, 01:30 AM
Yes cause they have Kerr and not Pop...

Nathan89
06-17-2015, 01:32 AM
Good chance. Spurs and Cavs are the only teams that can stop them. We'll need to make solid off-season additions to make up for our pg issues.

spurtech09
06-17-2015, 01:52 AM
Don't think it matters.....things are changing in the world....Jesus Christ is COMING....Kings of Kings....Lords of Lords......the Almighty Jesus Christ....Glory to God.....wake up people forgive for your sins...if you want to be saved than repent now before its too late.....[praise the lord Jesus Christ and Glory to God Amen...may god bless everyone

cjw
06-17-2015, 02:45 AM
They had a cakewalk playoffs but earned it by winning 67 games.

Uriel
06-17-2015, 02:50 AM
Nope. The Spurs will sign LaMarcus Aldridge and beat them in an epic WCF. :hat

Sean Cagney
06-17-2015, 02:55 AM
Yes cause they have Kerr and not Pop...

POP won 5 titles... Guess he sucks though.

kobyz
06-17-2015, 03:35 AM

Yeah, most naive coach of all time...

cjw
06-17-2015, 03:36 AM

One less than Kerr, who's now matched Jordan

Jordan, who couldn't win a playoff series without Pippen (but people deify him while shitting on Lebron)

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-17-2015, 08:20 AM
:lolNo. They played some extremely weak competition on their title run. Not to mention they played a few teams with significant injuries. I don't see them beating a healthy Spurs or OKC.

They aren't getting past a healthy Spurs or OKC team that is for sure. And the Clips also matchup very well against them and that's 50/50. And the Rockets series would have been much different if Beverly wasn't injured. He changes the whole dynamic of Houston's backcourt defensively.

And even Memphis. They are just glad both Gasol and Conley got injured. The warriors only had to play one Healthy team in this year's playoff that was the wet behind the ears Pelicans.

Seventyniner
06-17-2015, 08:55 AM
How much luxury tax are they willing to pay? Their repeat chances are directly correlated with that answer.

elbamba
06-17-2015, 09:18 AM
Spurs cannot afford to cost a good portion of the season next year. They had a lot of injuries but I felt like the effort was not there most nights through the ASG. Playoff seeding matters.

look_at_g_shred
06-17-2015, 10:24 AM

wildbill2u
06-17-2015, 11:17 AM
GSW will be hard to beat next year because they have gained so much experience from this season and playoffs. They won't have so much jitters next time they get to the finals. So they should be better, even if they don't add anyone of note to the team.

But they have to match their remarkable health situation as well. A breakdown of one or more key players, and they are like any other team, struggling to match up with the Western Conference contenders.

Sean Cagney
06-17-2015, 01:11 PM
One less than Kerr, who's now matched Jordan

Jordan, who couldn't win a playoff series without Pippen (but people deify him while shitting on Lebron)

Everyone needs help but you are right until Pippen became a man he could not get past the great teams out East at the time. He was out there all alone basically trying to win a series against Detroit etc. He made the Conference Finals when Pippen was not quite Scottie yet against Detroit but until he got that extra help he was not going to win a title. Does that mean he is not the best ever?

Kerr got his first as a coach, I meant that. I know it's his first year but will he get 5 as a coach and have a run span decades? Doesn't hurt when you have Tim but that is hard to match.

Malik Hairston
06-17-2015, 01:24 PM
This was probably the best year to beat them, tbh, as their nerves and inexperience were on display during the Finals..

Spurs still match up well with them if they keep Danny, though..if you can limit Curry to any extent, you'll probably beat them, as we saw throughout the playoffs..Spurs have 2 guys that have shown they can limit Curry, even in a playoff series(although he has improved his game since then, of course)..

San Antonio needs to make a few minor moves, though, particularly for depth purposes..there are players on this team that are virtually guaranteed to get injured, need to prepare for that..

Realistically, the only teams in the West that can potentially challenge the Warriors are the Spurs and Thunder, though..

TheGoldStandard
06-17-2015, 05:45 PM
We also forget that GS didn't have to deal with major injuries down the stretch. I figure one or two players will be lame going into the playoffs next season or even mid season which will screw up their chemistry.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-17-2015, 06:49 PM
No.

spurs10
06-17-2015, 07:02 PM
No.....they had a lot of good fortune go their way. Health is a cure mistress when it comes to the Finals.

SpurPadre
06-17-2015, 07:07 PM
If we don't make upgrades, the Cavs will beat them next year with Lebron continuing to try to buy out the competition and get more All-Stars to join the team.