PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Lebron Shot The Ball 169 Times For 39%

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2015, 01:18 AM
Where's the media crucifixion....maybe his teammates would have played better had passed the dam ball and stopped all that dam stat padding for the media.....:lol

Infinite_limit
06-17-2015, 01:28 AM
Not trying to hijack but this is one of my all time favorite memes

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/20/204ade5e6aa83a719befe5e0d1651874dd8524487f8b4e9b44 ea85634241653d.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2015, 01:28 AM
what was kobes % for 03/04 when he kept on chuckin?

BatManu20
06-17-2015, 01:37 AM
I guess this tis the part where insecure kobetards come in to bash on the best player in the world.

Did you even watch the series? Lebron got Shumpert, JR Smith, Delly, and Jim Jones a ton of open looks from 3, especially in the corners, and they continued to build a house with their bricks. There was no greater example than tonight: Shump (0/3), Jones (0/4), JR (4/10). And that was Smith's best shooting game of the series from 3 :lol. After the first 2 games, they were all awful from beyond the arc.

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2015, 01:39 AM
why didnt gsw just chuck 5 players defend lebron and leave the other 4 clowns open, they wouldve still brick their shots

gnsf0946
06-17-2015, 06:54 AM
Kool, it's actually 196 which is far worse, probably a typo in the tittle.

In 2004 Finals Kobe shot 113 times on 38%.

Kobe's worse since he had a great player around him to shot the ball (Shaq) and LeBron shot 31% from 3pt line as opposed to Kobe's 17% which makes Lebron slight more efficient.

Both bad performances, only 1 is viewed as such by a lot of people here which is unfair tbh.

Alex's foreskin
06-17-2015, 07:09 AM
Kool, it's actually 196 which is far worse, probably a typo in the tittle.

In 2004 Finals Kobe shot 113 times on 38%.

Kobe's worse since he had a great player around him to shot the ball (Shaq) and LeBron shot 31% from 3pt line as opposed to Kobe's 17% which makes Lebron slight more efficient.

Both bad performances, only 1 is viewed as such by a lot of people here which is unfair tbh.

Kobe hasn't lost 4 times :lol

Alex's foreskin
06-17-2015, 07:11 AM
I guess this tis the part where insecure kobetards come in to bash on the best player in the world.

Did you even watch the series? Lebron got Shumpert, JR Smith, Delly, and Jim Jones a ton of open looks from 3, especially in the corners, and they continued to build a house with their bricks. There was no greater example than tonight: Shump (0/3), Jones (0/4), JR (4/10). And that was Smith's best shooting game of the series from 3 :lol. After the first 2 games, they were all awful from beyond the arc.

LeBron stans started this FG shit on Kobe along time ago. Now they can't take it when their boy shits the bed in the finals.

Ice009
06-17-2015, 07:34 AM
I don't like how much Lebron shot in these finals, but in past years, I've actually kind of thought that he really should shoot the ball more and not worry too much about efficiency. In this past finals series though, I think he took it a little too far. I know he had no one on the team, but I still think he went a little too far and took too many bad outside off balance perimeter shots. He's not a great outside shooter so he really shouldn't have been taking all those perimeter shots. He should have been looking to go inside more and take shots from the post rather than deep one legged perimeter shots. He still could have shot the same amount of shots he shot volume wise, but they really should have been closer in, mostly inside and from the post area.

Now as far as Kobe goes, he lost me around 2003, 2004. I actually liked him around 2000, 2001, but he slowly started getting more selfish from that point onwards. He went in the wrong direction IMO. I guess his battle with Shaq for being the team leader changed him at some point. I thought he was a somewhat cool guy back then too. Maybe I didn't know his true personality back then, not sure, but I thought he was going to be not only an amazing player, but also a very likeable one somewhere close to how the general public liked Michael Jordan even. 2004 changed all that though. His public perception took a big hit with the rape trial and kind of ended with his play in the finals.

The difference between Lebron right now and Kobe in 2004 was that Kobe still had a dominant Shaq who was shooting 60%+ in that finals series. During that series I couldn't believe that they weren't getting the ball to him more. When I was watching that series and seeing Shaq's shooting percentage I was thinking what in the fuck is he doing jacking up all these shots. It was like he was trying to prove a point against Tayshaun Prince that he can't guard him. I don't think Tayshaun shut him down as much as Kobe just had a horrible shooting series from trying too hard to be the man. That's the difference between Lebron in these finals and Kobe back then in 2004 where it all started to change for Kobe IMO. I'm pretty darn sure that if Lebron had that Shaq right now, or even Pau Gasol from 2008-2011, he never would have shot the ball as much as he did in these finals if he had front court players like that to pass the ball to. In one game of the finals he kind of had Mozgov looking like Pau Gasol out there. Mozgov probably never would have had a game like that if Kobe was in place of Lebron.

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2015, 07:34 AM
ESPN is driving the narrative......they hate Kobe and he hates them back

Alex's foreskin
06-17-2015, 07:36 AM

gnsf0946
06-17-2015, 08:30 AM
We admired Lebrons efficiency in 2012 and 2013 season but looking on it now it was because he had such a great team around him that he didn't have to take a lot of shots and the shots he did take were great shots because again, he didn't have to force it to win.

Sort of exposes him as this great athlete that can bully trough the lane and dunk but when he's denided he's pretty average in the shooting department.

To me this separates him a lot from MJ because for all his great playmaking abilities he's pretty inept at winning games by himself which makes him a better teammate but in the long run, a worse player.

jsandiego
06-17-2015, 09:36 AM
I don't like how much Lebron shot in these finals, but in past years, I've actually kind of thought that he really should shoot the ball more and not worry too much about efficiency. In this past finals series though, I think he took it a little too far. I know he had no one on the team, but I still think he went a little too far and took too many bad outside off balance perimeter shots. He's not a great outside shooter so he really shouldn't have been taking all those perimeter shots. He should have been looking to go inside more and take shots from the post rather than deep one legged perimeter shots. He still could have shot the same amount of shots he shot volume wise, but they really should have been closer in, mostly inside and from the post area.

Now as far as Kobe goes, he lost me around 2003, 2004. I actually liked him around 2000, 2001, but he slowly started getting more selfish from that point onwards. He went in the wrong direction IMO. I guess his battle with Shaq for being the team leader changed him at some point. I thought he was a somewhat cool guy back then too. Maybe I didn't know his true personality back then, not sure, but I thought he was going to be not only an amazing player, but also a very likeable one somewhere close to how the general public liked Michael Jordan even. 2004 changed all that though. His public perception took a big hit with the rape trial and kind of ended with his play in the finals.

The difference between Lebron right now and Kobe in 2004 was that Kobe still had a dominant Shaq who was shooting 60%+ in that finals series. During that series I couldn't believe that they weren't getting the ball to him more. When I was watching that series and seeing Shaq's shooting percentage I was thinking what in the fuck is he doing jacking up all these shots. It was like he was trying to prove a point against Tayshaun Prince that he can't guard him. I don't think Tayshaun shut him down as much as Kobe just had a horrible shooting series from trying too hard to be the man. That's the difference between Lebron in these finals and Kobe back then in 2004 where it all started to change for Kobe IMO. I'm pretty darn sure that if Lebron had that Shaq right now, or even Pau Gasol from 2008-2011, he never would have shot the ball as much as he did in these finals if he had front court players like that to pass the ball to. In one game of the finals he kind of had Mozgov looking like Pau Gasol out there. Mozgov probably never would have had a game like that if Kobe was in place of Lebron.Thought this was a good take.
To me, LeBron looks like the GOAT when he has no help around him, but when he DOES have good players around him (Wade, Bosh), he defers. So either he has to do it all himself (2007/2015) and loses, or he creates a superteam and when the going gets tough, he defers and shrivels in the pressure moments (2011/2013/2014) and loses.

Makes me wonder if Wilt was the same way. GREAT player that is better when there's not talent around him, but turns into beta when there is talent around him. I wasn't around for Wilt, so I don't know.

Alex's foreskin
06-17-2015, 09:50 AM
We admired Lebrons efficiency in 2012 and 2013 season but looking on it now it was because he had such a great team around him that he didn't have to take a lot of shots and the shots he did take were great shots because again, he didn't have to force it to win.

Sort of exposes him as this great athlete that can bully trough the lane and dunk but when he's denided he's pretty average in the shooting department.

To me this separates him a lot from MJ because for all his great playmaking abilities he's pretty inept at winning games by himself which makes him a better teammate but in the long run, a worse player.

This

Medvedenko
06-17-2015, 09:51 AM
It's the same old bullshit. Crucify Kobe for poor FG and high usage rate and canonize Lebron for the same thing as he has other great stats and his teammates suck. Bottom line is you either win or lose. There are many variables to this, better teammates, competition, refs, stats (poor and still win, good and still lose).

Alex's foreskin
06-17-2015, 09:53 AM
It's the same old bullshit. Crucify Kobe for poor FG and high usage rate and canonize Lebron for the same thing as he has other great stats and his teammates suck. Bottom line is you either win or lose. There are many variables to this, better teammates, competition, refs, stats (poor and still win, good and still lose).

This. LeBron gets away with overmuscling guys, pushing off etc, that it makes him look more efficient than what he is. He doesn't like to take alot of shots, because then it exposes him.

Medvedenko
06-17-2015, 09:57 AM
This. LeBron gets away with overmuscling guys, pushing off etc, that it makes him look more efficient than what he is. He doesn't like to take alot of shots, because then it exposes him.

He's never been a shooter, and once his "gifts" start dwindling he'll have to keep on deferring to teammates for him to win. He's the ultimate team player and can do so much on the court. Just can't count on him to win as the sole 1st option.

spurraider21
06-17-2015, 10:56 AM
as bad as lebron's FG% was, his teams was worse :lol... kobe cant say the same when he's shooting 38% and shaq is destroying ben wallace

jeebus
06-17-2015, 11:05 AM
So, Kirby and LeChuck are the same person. Big fucking deal.

StrengthAndHonor
06-17-2015, 11:07 AM
All that FG attempt and massive usage rate and not a single 50 point game. But he's better than Jordan in every aspect of the game.:lol

ducks
06-17-2015, 11:36 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/finals-defeats-too-much-bear-james-070010192--nba.html#

cd98
06-17-2015, 11:56 AM
Is Pat Riley trolling LeBron today with "if you stayed with Miami, you'd have your third ring" texts?

Ice009
06-17-2015, 08:40 PM
Thought this was a good take.
To me, LeBron looks like the GOAT when he has no help around him, but when he DOES have good players around him (Wade, Bosh), he defers. So either he has to do it all himself (2007/2015) and loses, or he creates a superteam and when the going gets tough, he defers and shrivels in the pressure moments (2011/2013/2014) and loses.

Makes me wonder if Wilt was the same way. GREAT player that is better when there's not talent around him, but turns into beta when there is talent around him. I wasn't around for Wilt, so I don't know.

Lebron plays a better overall team game than Kobe. That's one reason I liked him before he went to Miami. He plays the right way for the most part. Having said all that, he's still got weaknesses in his game. One of them is closing games and not shriveling up under pressure. I've seen him shrivel up a few times deep in the 4th quarter of a game. Kobe is superior with the game on the line in just his attitude. He's not scared and doesn't defer. Lebron sometimes defers when he should be taking it himself, and it just sometimes looks like he lacks confidence in those situations. I recall games in Cleveland during his first stint where he's pass the ball to the open man with the game on the line and the guy would miss the shot. I thought, great play Lebron, but you should have taken that shot yourself. I think it's mostly to do with his jump shot. Kobe might not shoot a high percentage, but he's got supreme confidence in his jumper and ability in the closing moments. That's why it worked so well with Shaq. Shaq was like Lebron - dominant for 3 quarters, but not so good late in the 4th. That's when Kobe took over.

I still hate that we gave away the 2013 Championship. Lebron wasn't even close on those two 3 pointers he took at the end of game 6. He choked IMO. The pressure got to him on those shots. We let him off the hook and bailed his ass out by screwing up those last 27 seconds.

Ice009
06-17-2015, 08:53 PM

Read what I wrote in my first post. Kobe had Shaq in the 2004 finals who was still almost unstoppable inside and was shooting over 60%, yet Kobe didn't pass him the ball. The formula that the Lakers used to use against the Spurs and other teams was that Shaq dominates the first 3 quarters of the game and then Kobe takes over in the 4th. Shaq wasn't very good deep in the 4th or with the game on the line and Kobe was. It was a great combo and I don't know why Kobe wanted to do it all himself. He either wanted to upstage Tayshaun Prince and prove that he couldn't guard him, or he just hated Shaq that much that he wanted to show he's better than him.

Quite possible. Lebron isn't a great shooter, so taking more shots might make his efficiency go down the toilet thus making him look worse.

He's never been a shooter, and once his "gifts" start dwindling he'll have to keep on deferring to teammates for him to win. He's the ultimate team player and can do so much on the court. Just can't count on him to win as the sole 1st option.

Pretty good take. I've always thought he's an average shooter. He's gotten on some great streaks the last few years where it's looked like he's improved his shooting, but overall, it still looks like he hasn't improved his shot that much and he's still not a great shooter. Missing free throws also shows that his shooting still hasn't improved that much. It's gotten better, but he's still not a great shooter IMO.

as bad as lebron's FG% was, his teams was worse :lol... kobe cant say the same when he's shooting 38% and shaq is destroying ben wallace

Yep. I remember seeing the stats and as good as Ben Wallace and that front line was, Shaq was still shooting over 60% at one point during the series. Weren't the Lakers coaching staff urging Kobe and the team to pass the ball to Shaq more? Even when the Lakers were down 3-1, I thought that they could still win the series if they won game 5 in Detroit.

spurraider21
06-17-2015, 09:13 PM
Yep. I remember seeing the stats and as good as Ben Wallace and that front line was, Shaq was still shooting over 60% at one point during the series. Weren't the Lakers coaching staff urging Kobe and the team to pass the ball to Shaq more? Even when the Lakers were down 3-1, I thought that they could still win the series if they won game 5 in Detroit.
at one point? he finished the series at 63%

http://i.gyazo.com/e42d342a039b5e1b35180400005d44b7.png

Ice009
06-17-2015, 10:09 PM
at one point? he finished the series at 63%

http://i.gyazo.com/e42d342a039b5e1b35180400005d44b7.png

I was pretty sure he shot over 60% for the series (closer to 70% at one point), but I didn't want to look it up, so that's why I didn't say it for sure.

What's the deal Lakers fans? I want your takes on this. You cannot be telling me that this current Lebron situation these past finals is the same as what Kobe had in 2004, or the years the Lakers had guys like Pau Gasol, Bynum, Lamar Odom, Ron Artest.

Fair enough when he had Smush Parker and those guys, but you can't say he's received unfair treatment those other years where he's had legit players.

I also want to add, another thing I really liked about Kobe around 2001 is that he actually played defense. He'd guard guys like Iverson and play his ass off at that end of the court. I really liked his game much better back then.

spurraider21
06-17-2015, 10:22 PM
Kobe with shit teams = first round fodder (or missing playoffs entirely)

LeBron with shit teams = championship contender

Bynumite
06-17-2015, 10:41 PM
Shot 28%, 39-137 from outside 5 feet in the Fnals. LeLayup :lmao

Medvedenko
06-18-2015, 12:20 AM
Kobe in 2004 sucked dick in the finals. He played well versus the spurs and Minny in prior series, however with Malone getting hurt, Payton shooting poorly and Kobe dealing with flying back and forth from the rape bs, it took a toll. Shaq played well however even though he shot a good percentage it doesn't take into consideration the overall atmosphere of the game. Plus the pistons had a great game plan by packing in the paint and daring Kobe to shoot and keep shooting. The pistons played a great scheme and caught the Lakers thin and overconfident.

z0sa
06-18-2015, 12:44 AM

Spurs 4 The Win
06-18-2015, 01:26 AM

You would have a point if he wasnt in the eastern conference. Put the Cavs in the West this year and they are fucked. They are a 7 or 8 seed at best.

Bynumite
06-18-2015, 01:33 AM

Jim with great teams = eliminated in the 1st round by an 8th seed and the clippers :lmao

SnakeBoy
06-18-2015, 03:21 AM
Where's the media crucifixion....maybe his teammates would have played better had passed the dam ball and stopped all that dam stat padding for the media.....:lol

lol his teammates suck. I'm no Lebron fan but dude had to play GSW 1 on 5. Taking them to 6 was better than I thought he would do.

LkrFan
06-18-2015, 07:41 AM

:rollin :lmao :rollin