PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Dr. Michael Young on Lebron..

Malik Hairston
06-17-2015, 02:44 AM
Renowned sports scientist Dr. Michael Young says Lebron's physical load in the Finals is comparable to participating in the Tour de France:wow..unreal..

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/13071387/lebron-james-unfathomable-workload

usdane
06-17-2015, 02:58 AM
Interesting read. Thanks for sharing.
It made me think of the 2010 finals game 7. All the major contributors including Kobe, Pierce and Garnett looked beyond spend and nowhere near their regular level. If you review the 4th quarter of that game you will see it.

Infinite_limit
06-17-2015, 03:02 AM
Interesting read. Thanks for sharing.
It made me think of the 2010 finals game 7. All the major contributors including Kobe, Pierce and Garnett looked beyond spend and nowhere near their regular level. If you review the 4th quarter of that game you will see it.
One of the most disappointing Finals games of All Time

FlAVaK
06-17-2015, 03:11 AM
Considering the drug use, the comparsion is more than fitting...

barbacoataco
06-17-2015, 06:27 AM
I think that's what sports scientists are getting at. His performance is too good to be true. Like Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds. At one point in Armstrong's career scientists analyzed his output during the TDF and more or less proved that it was impossible for a human being to generate that kind of wattage over a 3 week period.

With Lebron you just have to look at his physique, the changes in his forehead, and the ties he has to Miami drug labs, and it's all obvious.

My question is- why do Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens get punished and kept out of the HOF, and their careers are discounted as a fraud, when Lebron continues to be lauded as the best player in his sport? A ridiculous double standard.

Thebesteva
06-17-2015, 06:49 AM
One of the most disappointing Finals games of All Time

For the common fan yes...for us Laker fans and I'm sure Celtics as well it was the most difficult and nerve wrecking game of all time to watch. I seriously saw us giving up our franchise if we lost 2 times in a row to the Celtics. Kobe was playing terrible offensively but thank God for his rebounding that game.

Infinite_limit
06-17-2015, 12:06 PM
I think that's what sports scientists are getting at. His performance is too good to be true. Like Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds. At one point in Armstrong's career scientists analyzed his output during the TDF and more or less proved that it was impossible for a human being to generate that kind of wattage over a 3 week period.

With Lebron you just have to look at his physique, the changes in his forehead, and the ties he has to Miami drug labs, and it's all obvious.

My question is- why do Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens get punished and kept out of the HOF, and their careers are discounted as a fraud, when Lebron continues to be lauded as the best player in his sport? A ridiculous double standard.
You could argue James is putting up these numbers because of rule changes and distinct changes in the culture of the Sport: every guy on the floor is a Small Forward

Lance was an average biker turned into record setter without any changes to the sport of biking
Bonds, well the physical change gives him away. But his production went from 25 home runs a year to 75. It was simply too obvious

To me, James is just the right mix to exploit the current game: everyone is a Small Forward. He's without argument the most physically gifted Small Forward in NBA History so it isn't a stretch that he would be the Top performer

*Also, James isn't as dominant as Lance and Bonds were. Those guys were flawless. James is still putting up an embarrassing shooting percentage. It's like Bonds racking up a bunch of strikeouts in exchange for Home Runs. He didn't.

whitemamba
06-17-2015, 12:08 PM
For the common fan yes...for us Laker fans and I'm sure Celtics as well it was the most difficult and nerve wrecking game of all time to watch. I seriously saw us giving up our franchise if we lost 2 times in a row to the Celtics. Kobe was playing terrible offensively but thank God for his rebounding that game.

Yeah despite the pathetic offense especially by Kobe, the game was entertaining as hell, and thank god we won or else la would of burst into flames.

Infinite_limit
06-17-2015, 12:14 PM
Yeah despite the pathetic offense especially by Kobe, the game was entertaining as hell, and thank god we won or else la would of burst into flames.
The refs called a completely different game in the 2nd Half. Knowing Celtics were down 1 man and would be heavily reliant on unstable Rasheed

It was fkn disgusting to be honest

jeebus
06-17-2015, 12:15 PM
Seeing as how most cyclists are juicing, not surprising :lol

whitemamba
06-17-2015, 12:17 PM
The refs called a completely different game in the 2nd Half. Knowing Celtics were down 1 man and would be heavily reliant on unstable Rasheed

It was fkn disgusting to be honest

Rasheed had a good game.

Technique
06-17-2015, 12:18 PM
He's the Lance Armstrong of the Tour de France

Mugen
06-17-2015, 12:30 PM

You're using that wrong, dumb dumb.

whitemamba
06-17-2015, 12:33 PM

has this ever happened to you tbh? https://heshatsheshat.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/poop_pants.jpg

Technique
06-17-2015, 12:35 PM
:rolleyes

ChumpDumper
06-17-2015, 12:40 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Zachary-Quinto-Confused-Look.gif

Malik Hairston
06-17-2015, 12:59 PM

Lebron is unquestionably juicing, as are a large number of NBA players, tbh..Wade, Westbrook and Kobe are egregious examples, too..Tim Duncan probably is, too, tbh..

The difference with Lebron is that it's more similar to Messi's HGH usage than Bonds, though..James has more than likely been taking PEDs since his teens, like Messi did, which makes it more difficult to "prove" from an aesthetics standpoint..if you look at Lebron's physique, he has always been significantly larger than people of the same age group, even dating back to his early teens, there's no significant change in his physique or look, unlike Bonds, for example..

The only reason Bonds became an issue is because congress got involved, particularly because he's a Black man that was despised by the media..the MLB didn't have any issues with Bonds when they were generating high ratings and interest around the country..they used him, and threw him away when it was convenient for them..

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2015, 01:04 PM
Renowned sports scientist Dr. Michael Young says Lebron's physical load in the Finals is comparable to participating in the Tour de France:wow..unreal..

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/13071387/lebron-james-unfathomable-workload

No its not....he makes the game hard on himself because he doesnt know how to conserve energy and play efficient...for example the first quarter he got a steal and was running 100 miles at the basket with no one in front of him for a very hard slam....he then gets back on defense huffing and puffing....he must reslize all those hard slams are physically draining especially at 30..its the reason Kobe stopped trying to dunk on every posession around thst age..Lebron is clueless...the other thing is he has no footwork or low post game..these are other things he can do to make the game easier...instead of working on these aspects of his game he bullies himself to the basket taking hard fouls or expending a ton of energy getting to the rim...again he's not efficient in how he plays..its the reason Kobe developed one of the most deadly mid range games since MJ. He learned to be efficient.

Lebron is not as smart as people make him out to be..sure he can wait to see if the double team is ccoming and then pass or read a basic defensive set but all this talk of his IQ being high I dont buy it for the simple fact he doesnt know how to play to ensure he's a great closer....

In the closing minutes he looked wacked out there missing all kinds of shit....and when he got beat several times when Iggy was going 1 on 1 with him he started yelling at his teammates when it was his own dam fault Iggy took him one on one....he never takes responsibility for his fuck ups...he's always looking to blame....thats what I like about Kobe when Jeremy Lin or even when Carlos Boozer two scrubs call him out for a defensive failure he acknowledges and says "my bad"... But not Lebron he's always looking to blame others..because in his mind as he said he's the best player in the world. :lol

Who just got spanked yet again

FkLA
06-17-2015, 01:05 PM
Didn't A-Rod recommend the German doctors to Kirby? Or Kirby to A-Rod? If Kirbystan wants to question LeGOAT fine but let's not act like Kirby having almost flawless health until the achilles was natural.

manufan10
06-17-2015, 01:10 PM
The only reason Bonds became an issue is because congress got involved, particularly because he's a Black man that was despised by the media..the MLB didn't have any issues with Bonds when they were generating high ratings and interest around the country..they used him, and threw him away when it was convenient for them..

They did the same thing Mark Mcgwire and Sammy Sosa... I don't think it was because of his race, tbh. However, I do agree with the rest of it. The media and the MLB knew that all of these guys were juicing. Hell, Mcgwire and Sosa basically saved baseball in '98, but as soon as they were done they were crucified for :cry steroid use. :cry

Silver&Black
06-17-2015, 01:10 PM
Considering the drug use, the comparsion is more than fitting...

Malik Hairston
06-17-2015, 01:18 PM
They did the same thing Mark Mcgwire and Sammy Sosa... I don't think it was because of his race, tbh. However, I do agree with the rest of it. The media and the MLB knew that all of these guys were juicing. Hell, Mcgwire and Sosa basically saved baseball in '98, but as soon as they were done they were crucified for :cry steroid use. :cry

From what I remember, McGwire and Sosa were a lot more celebrated during their runs than Bonds was IIRC..

Everybody loved McGwire and Sosa, while only people in SF cheered for Bonds IIRC..

It's not entirely race-related, to be fair, as Bonds was pretty disliked through the media and was portrayed as arrogant and egotistical(which he is), which is something that people generally hate.

barbacoataco
06-17-2015, 03:42 PM
Seeing as how most cyclists are juicing, not surprising :lol

You think cyclists are juicing and NBA players aren't? They have a super weak testing program, they make millions of dollars, and PED's make you faster and stronger with better endurance. And you think NBA players say "I wouldn't ever do that because it would be immoral."

The only American sport that has been tackling this problem is the MLB, and you can see the difference. Home Runs are way down. Players are obviously smaller and look more like college players. You could see the difference in the way the players uniforms hung on them after they started testing. Instead of looking puffed up they hang looses.

The NBA has never had a steroids scandal. The NFL has pretty much decided to allow it. The NBA has not even confronted it. And I'm not talking about advanced treatments like stem cell therapy which can help knee and joint issues. I'm talking about steroids, HGH, and probably EPO which is very effective for endurance/recovery and has been the drug of choice for years in cycling and soccer in Europe.

Infinite_limit
06-17-2015, 03:59 PM
LeBron James is/was never anywhere near as dominant in his sport as Lance & Bonds were.

Stevie Johnson
06-17-2015, 04:21 PM
And that's the funny part about it. Lebron needed to be roided up with HGH and endurance enhancers to compete with a drug free team like the Warriors. Fucking cheating punk got what he deserved.

Trainwreck2100
06-17-2015, 06:46 PM

Flloyd landis is the one youre looking for

DMC
06-18-2015, 08:53 AM
From what I remember, McGwire and Sosa were a lot more celebrated during their runs than Bonds was IIRC..

Everybody loved McGwire and Sosa, while only people in SF cheered for Bonds IIRC..

It's not entirely race-related, to be fair, as Bonds was pretty disliked through the media and was portrayed as arrogant and egotistical(which he is), which is something that people generally hate.

That's because Maris was broken, Bonds beat a nobody. Breaking Maris twice in a short time fucked over Mark. They got greedy.

DMC
06-18-2015, 08:58 AM
Flloyd landis is the one youre looking for
No, Landis was obvious, wall one day, winner next.

Infinite_limit
06-18-2015, 12:03 PM

Barry was one of the most disliked players way back in the early 1990's