PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Be honest Healthy CAVS vs Healthy GSW who wins?

webshad
06-17-2015, 07:52 AM
Just want your take.

Chillen
06-17-2015, 07:55 AM
The Cavs with a healthy roster beats the Warriors. Without Love, Irving, Verajeo, the games were close in the 4th. The Cavs players could not hit shots after game 3 it seemed in the 4th some kind of meltdown offensively and it became a trend, the defense was there but not the offense. They almost beat the Warriors without a healthy roster.

dg7md
06-17-2015, 07:57 AM
There is zero doubt a Cavs team with a healthy Love + Irving would win that that series in 5 or 6 games. Hell, I think that if Kyrie didn't get hurt this year, the Cavs would have won it based on how the series played out, but it'd be much more difficult and probably go to at least 7 games with a lot closer results than the last few games showed.

hsxvvd
06-17-2015, 08:01 AM
Cavs lose in 4 if Love and Kyrie play. The defense won the two games they did win, those two weaken that defense.

Chillen
06-17-2015, 08:04 AM
Cavs lose in 4 if Love and Kyrie play. The defense won the two games they did win, those two weaken that defense.

Haha, no.

barbacoataco
06-17-2015, 08:04 AM
Warriors win. The loss of Love helped them as even their own coaches said. Golden State played down to their level oc competition. It was like in 1999 when the Knicks gave the Spurs a little trouble with a depleted roster. It's human nature to do as little as possible to succeed. Also this was a 4-2 series and the last games weren't that close.

Phillip
06-17-2015, 08:14 AM
Warriors win. The loss of Love helped them as even their own coaches said. Golden State played down to their level oc competition. It was like in 1999 when the Knicks gave the Spurs a little trouble with a depleted roster. It's human nature to do as little as possible to succeed. Also this was a 4-2 series and the last games weren't that close.

No.

They arguably missed Love's presence in this series more than Kyrie.

Blake
06-17-2015, 08:15 AM
GSW still win

ambchang
06-17-2015, 08:24 AM
GSW wins in even more convincing fashion. Love will kill the defense and rebounding.

Irving may help a bit on offense, but give up more on defense.

Varaejao will help though, not sure if he could overcome the presence of Love though.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-17-2015, 08:31 AM
Just with a Healthy Irving, the Cavs win this series. Include a healthy Varajeo the Cavs dominate this series. Love, due to his horrible PnR defense actually would hurt the Cavs.

jeebus
06-17-2015, 08:39 AM
Dubs win in 5. Kyrie is basically another JR Smith, so those two chuckers would shoot them out of the series. Easy question tbh.

hater
06-17-2015, 08:41 AM
Cavs in 3

JoeTait75
06-17-2015, 08:48 AM
I'm trying to figure out how the Cavaliers losing two guys who can combine for 60 points on any given night, who space out the floor immensely, who take a huge amount of pressure off LeBron, would help the Warriors win more convincingly. It's true that neither Kyrie nor Love are stellar defenders, but the Cavaliers were never going to win this series on the defensive end. They needed to score with Golden State and they were simply unable to do so.

I'm not even saying it's automatic the Cavaliers would have won with those two healthy. But they sure as hell would have had a better chance. I mean, Curry didn't even have to guard anyone the last three games of the series. At least Kyrie would have made him work on that end. And when the Cavaliers were at full strength in the second half of the season they were every bit as dominant as the Warriors were.

Put it this way- if the Cavaliers were at full strength and the Warriors were without Klay Thompson and Draymond Green, how would this series have turned out?

monosylab1k
06-17-2015, 09:03 AM
Cavs defense wasn't even that good the last 3 games. They needed scoring and bench production more than defense. A healty Cavs team wins in 6.

RD2191
06-17-2015, 09:04 AM
Cavs imo. Their downfall was fatigue imo. With so many injured players they had no time to rest.

webshad
06-17-2015, 09:05 AM
Cavs in 3

lol

webshad
06-17-2015, 09:13 AM
Cavs imo. Their downfall was fatigue imo. With so many injured players they had no time to rest.

I second that.

I remember Steve Kerr during game 4 said "these guys will tire out, just be patient".

Cavs rotation was too limited. Lebron couldn't rest without them falling back even further.

Mal
06-17-2015, 09:20 AM
Dubs would still win this. LeBron`s workload would be much smaller, but those guys wont make diffrence in series result.

Franklin
06-17-2015, 09:20 AM
Cavs would've won the series with ease barring injuries tbh, and the warriors are probably the weakest NBA champions since 06' Miami cHeat. The warriors would've have even got out of the west if Dallas had Dragic instead of son of a bitch Rondo tbh.

Franklin
06-17-2015, 09:22 AM
It's still beyond me why Blatt refused to give meaningful playing time to his vets like Marion and Miller in this series. They're old but they can still get done one thing or two, at least they could've earned Lebron a bit more time to rest tbh.

Venti Quattro
06-17-2015, 09:23 AM
Warriors in 7

DMC
06-17-2015, 09:23 AM
If Curry isn't slave whipped by Delly, GSW in 5.

Malik Hairston
06-17-2015, 01:03 PM
Cavs were great all year with Love and Irving, their on/off lineups were at their best with Love/Irving, it's become pretty vanilla to downplay them, despite their flaws, tbh..

Irving looked great on both ends in game 1 in an OT loss that they may have won had he stayed in the game..

Even if you have Love com off the bench, he would have been a huge factor for a team with no frontcourt depth..

apalisoc_9
06-17-2015, 01:04 PM
have you seen Mathew Dellevadova shoot and dribble the ball? Even IRVING would have made a huge difference.

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2015, 01:09 PM
One hard hit to the chest of Kevin by Draymond Green and its over...the Lakers would v e DAM FOOLS if they went after this softcake...and Kyrie is doomed...he will never be healthy for the playoffs not ever..mark my words..the dude is glass everything.....he wont last....

TD 21
06-17-2015, 05:48 PM
I'd have said Warriors before the series, but after seeing their obvious stage fright early on and general nonchalance throughout, I think the Cavs would have beaten them.

It would have been the first time all season they faced actual adversity, since the Grizzlies series was always fools gold, as they were never capable of beating them.

Not having the best and only having one of the four best players in a series also would have been difficult to overcome, particularly with the lack of a true second option for a team of their caliber.

Ignignokt
06-17-2015, 05:55 PM
One hard hit to the chest of Kevin by Draymond Green and its over...the Lakers would v e DAM FOOLS if they went after this softcake...and Kyrie is doomed...he will never be healthy for the playoffs not ever..mark my words..the dude is glass everything.....he wont last....

You know what else is GLASS? The see through coffee table of which you lay under observing Culburn's asshole dilate a huge curry corn studded dook, whilst you don a ball gag handcuffed and helpless.

ginobilized
06-17-2015, 05:56 PM
The Cavs with a full roster would have been a completely different series. My money would be on Cleveland, but, probably in 7 games.
The lineup possibilities would have been interesting. Delly would've been fresher to disrupt for 12-16 mins a night and LeBron would have some help on Offense from Love and Irving and defense with Varajao.

How would the Warriors have fared missing offensive options # 2 & #3 and the anchor of their defense? Remove Klay Thompson and Draymond Green and another key player of your choice and the Warriors would suffer at least as much as the Cavs.

Shabazz
06-17-2015, 08:53 PM
WARRIORS

But this was a trick question, because there is no such thing as a healthy Kyrie Irving. Only dumb ass fans who think Irving can do anything for a full season... only to be let down.

Infinite_limit
06-17-2015, 08:56 PM
i WILL NOT be honest

lefty
06-17-2015, 09:48 PM
Cavs, no question

Stevie Johnson
06-17-2015, 09:52 PM
:lmao The Warriors of course. What the fuck do people that post in this forum smoke?! Give me some.

Shabazz
06-18-2015, 12:21 AM
WARRIORS

But this was a trick question, because there is no such thing as a healthy Kyrie Irving. Only dumb ass fans who think Irving can do anything for a full season... only to be let down.

D-Wade
06-18-2015, 12:34 AM
Cavs in 5 or 6

Sean Cagney
06-18-2015, 12:41 AM
GSW still win IMO, don't let the 2 wins fool you into thinking the Cavs would have been the better team with Love and Irving. The Cavs were decent this year when all of there were healthy but overall they did not impress me enough to say Champs and so on. GSW in 6 or 7 if they are all healthy, not fooled by the two wins Cleveland got in that series because GSW played down to the level of competition as some teams do when players are out.

~O~
06-18-2015, 12:41 AM
Warriors in 6. The Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving aren't premiere defenders and never were. Draymond Green would tear up that matchup to shreds. Curry would have taken the series even more serious.

The Cavs still wouldn't have any type of bench and the gimmick would be built off of what LeBron was still doing as of right now.