PDA

View Full Version : Melton made the perfect play!

2centsworth
09-10-2005, 10:55 PM
That run by melton at the end was a perfect run. He tried to run as much time off the clock as possible and still get the touchdown. He was robbed because that was 6.

Pistons < Spurs
09-10-2005, 11:03 PM
No Way....Wide left.......He was definetly outside the pilon. Like the announcers said, he should have lowered his big fat head, and and gotten in the endzone. IMO that was one big bone headed play.

timvp
09-10-2005, 11:04 PM
That run by melton at the end was a perfect run. He tried to run as much time off the clock as possible and still get the touchdown. He was robbed because that was 6.

:lmao

Horry For 3!
09-10-2005, 11:07 PM
No Way....Wide left.......He was definetly outside the pilon. Like the announcers said, he should have lowered his big fat head, and and gotten in the endzone. IMO that was one big bone headed play.
It didn't matter though, we got the safety and did good on the onside kick.

Jimcs50
09-10-2005, 11:08 PM

They do not need to run clock...he was trying to be Vince Young or Billy Simms and go in through the air, the coach called his number because he is able to just move defenders off the line with his size and power. He will not get the call again if he tries that crap again.

2centsworth
09-10-2005, 11:09 PM
They do not need to run clock...he was trying to be Vince Young or Billy Simms and go in through the air, when the coach called him number because he is able to just mover defenders off the line with his size and power. He will not get the call again if he tries that crap again.
I think he was trying to run clock, but he won't do it again.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-10-2005, 11:12 PM
I thought it was a TD, and it might have worked in Ohio State's favor had they got the TD. Down by 8 with a kick-off coming your way might have been better than starting at the 1.

Horry For 3!
09-10-2005, 11:13 PM
I thought it was a TD, and it might have worked in Ohio State's favor had they got the TD. Down by 8 with a kick-off coming your way might have been better than starting at the 1.
Yeah, because Holmes was killing them.

Jimcs50
09-10-2005, 11:14 PM

No way, they did not have any timeouts left and only had a few secs left in the game, it was much better to stop UT. Had they not had the safety, they only needed a FG to win.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-10-2005, 11:19 PM
No way, they did not have any timeouts left and only had a few secs left in the game, it was much better to stop UT. Had they not had the safety, they only needed a FG to win.

Jim, it would have been around 18-20 seconds from (let's say about the 30-40 yard line) instead of 25 from the 1 yard line.

I would trade seven seconds for 30-40 yards in that situation anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Milking clock? There's no homerism in this thread :lmao

IcemanCometh
09-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Melton should've just plowed thru the defender, but hes a freshman.

mookie2001
09-11-2005, 12:24 AM
i agree with 2cents--PLUS they just reviewed like 4 plays before that

samikeyp
09-11-2005, 12:34 AM

Bullshit....if you are 270lbs...put your fucking head down and get into the end zone. Stupid move.

and he was not in.

cecil collins
09-11-2005, 01:42 AM
i agree with 2cents--PLUS they just reviewed like 4 plays before that

That's what I'm sayin, why the fuck was it not reviewed, oh yeah it's at Ohio state. They had to review the Limas Sweed touchdown, and that was an obvious TD.

Dex
09-11-2005, 11:44 AM
1) They did review the play.

2) They did show different camera angles.

3) It wasn't a touchdown. He was outside the pylon by the time he crossed the threshold.

4) They still won, so WGAF?

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2005, 12:03 PM
That's what I'm sayin, why the fuck was it not reviewed, oh yeah it's at Ohio state. They had to review the Limas Sweed touchdown, and that was an obvious TD.

WTF? They reviewed it, he crossed the plane of the goal line, but he crossed it outside the pylon.

They reviewed the Sweed touchdown because he appeared to be juggling the ball on the way down.

Considering the B12 officiating crew pretty much called it in their team's favor all night long, not sure why you think you have a beef.

Dex
09-11-2005, 12:15 PM
http://www.utexas.edu/depts/german/bevo.jpg

We've got beef because we've got Bevo!

Oscar DeLa
09-11-2005, 03:51 PM
I don't know what it is but Texas likes beating big 10 powerhouses in close games away from Texas

Cant_Be_Faded
09-11-2005, 03:57 PM
WTF? They reviewed it, he crossed the plane of the goal line, but he crossed it outside the pylon.

They reviewed the Sweed touchdown because he appeared to be juggling the ball on the way down.

Considering the B12 officiating crew pretty much called it in their team's favor all night long, not sure why you think you have a beef.

ok, either

1) they did not review it on the ABC broadcast
2) you viewd an alternate broadcast, coincidentally one that the rest of america did not see
or
3) they did review it on the ABC broadcast, they just never said anything about it, did not take time off to review it, and only aggies and non-longhorn fans were able to put together 4-10 seconds of downtime and realize they were reviewing the play, given that the announcers never mentioned the word review once.

Sportcamper
09-11-2005, 08:19 PM
The Longhorns played well but...Let me splain something...What is that kid, like 270lbs? And he flops like Manu Ginobili? Trust me, the coaches will give him plenty of guff for that mistake on Monday...He should have lowered his shoulder and knocked somebody over...But he is just a kid and he is learning...

I also saw more Argentinean influence with the Longhorn coaches dog pilling on players after the 4th quarter fumble recovery...That was a real embarrassment and It took the referees by surprise as well....Sheesh, this is football...Longhorns dog pilling and prancing around like a bunch of sissy lalas :shootme ...

Mr Dio
09-13-2005, 10:06 PM

ok, either

1) they did not review it on the ABC broadcast
2) you viewd an alternate broadcast, coincidentally one that the rest of america did not see
or
3) they did review it on the ABC broadcast, they just never said anything about it, did not take time off to review it, and only aggies and non-longhorn fans were able to put together 4-10 seconds of downtime and realize they were reviewing the play, given that the announcers never mentioned the word review once

Mr Dio
09-13-2005, 10:10 PM
That is TOOOOOO funny!
I guess someone was cryin' like a sissy when Mack won ANOTHER big one.
Since I was AT THE GAME I had to wait & watch the game again on DVR & some comments by Horn haters are so funny! :lol
Talk about a bunch little cryin' bitches! :lol

Hey, what thread was it where some BOZO asked if there was a dumber coach than Mack? What is the name of that coach of those girls?, Is it Dennis F or something? Lost the game for that pack of faggots! :lmao

Let's get it goin' girls!, Daddy is back in town!

mookie2001
09-14-2005, 10:12 AM
That is TOOOOOO funny!
I guess someone was cryin' like a sissy when Mack won ANOTHER big one.
Since I was AT THE GAME I had to wait & watch the game again on DVR & some comments by Horn haters are so funny! :lol
Talk about a bunch little cryin' bitches! :lol

Hey, what thread was it where some BOZO asked if there was a dumber coach than Mack? What is the name of that coach of those girls?, Is it Dennis F or something? Lost the game for that pack of faggots! :lmao

Let's get it goin' girls!, Daddy is back in town!

LOL

Mr Dio
09-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Having been to OSU for (2) games..#1 v Penn St apprx 6 yrs ago & last Sat I can say that the OSU fans for the most part have more class than most ag & ou fans I've come into contact with.
While not all ag & ou fans are as I describe, unfortunately, most are.
I personally hate that fact for (1) HUGE reason, MANY ou & ag fans are Texans & give Texas a bad name.