PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Rank the Warriors path to the Champ All Time easiest

MultiTroll
06-17-2015, 06:45 PM
1. 1987 Lakers. Weakest West in perhaps history. Stern took out Houstons backcourt after they had ass kicked the Lakers in 1986 playoffs. Additionally, gift given Michelle Thompson at midseason in yet another Laker rigged trade. By the Spurs owner at the time no less. A SF/PF combo being exactly what the Flamers needed at the time.

Finals. Lenny Bias gone. Billy Waltons foot AWOL. Otherwise Celtics in 5 or 6. It still takes an unforced error in Game 4 when Parrish and 50% McHale fight each other over a rebound to gift the game to the Flamers.

2. Warriors 2015?

ambchang
06-18-2015, 06:43 AM
I know it's a troll thread, but you have to put the 2007 Spurs up there. Mavs out in first round, choking Suns, and jazz. Then the weakest finalist in modern history, the cavs.

The Jordan Bulls deserve mention as well. The east back in the 90s is almost as weak as the east know, then they have to beat this exhausted team that came out west. 91 was a lakers team with an infected magic, hurt worthy and spent Scott. 92, 93 and 96 were good teams, but then they played the choking jazz twice.

2009 lakers playing against injured team after injured team, then has to face off Dwight.

The Gemini Method
06-18-2015, 11:04 AM
Both teams had a pretty fortuitous path to the finals. The Warriors would've probably still made it even if they had to face the Clippers. They might've struggled against the Spurs, but the Spurs couldn't beat the Clippers. No need to play what-ifs in that regard. The Pelicans weren't beating them w/ Holiday. The Grizzlies probably would've taken it to 7 but they'd probably still lose. The Rockets w/o Beverly weren't going to beat the Warriors. I still don't know if the Cavs would've beaten them w/ a healthy Irving and Love. Their D would've been suspect and they'd lose the rebounding with Thompson playing a back-up role to Love. It's pretty salty to call them lucky because every champion has had some fortune in regards to teams having injuries and it isn't the Warriors fault. They were blessed w/o any major injuries. They also won 67 games; had the no. 1 D, and no.2 offense so it wasn't like they were a 6th seed sneaking in and getting hot.

MultiTroll
06-18-2015, 08:32 PM
I know it's a troll thread, but you have to put the 2007 Spurs up there.
Not trolling. 87 at or near the top in terms of easiest path including the Stern take out. Estimated 80% of the NBA was tooting, for that matter what % of the US? :lol

Concur the Spurs 2007 was right up there. But i firmly believe a Duncan lead team sans any Pop moronocy rolls anybody that year.

Caltex2
06-18-2015, 08:44 PM
The Warriors were very lucky they didn't have to deal with Spurs or Clippers. The Rockets and Grizzlies were clearly the 4th and 5th best teams (it doesn't matter which order) in the West this season while the Clippers and Spurs were clearly not just the 2nd and 3rd (doesn't matter again) in the West but in the entire NBA.

06-18-2015, 08:46 PM
Both teams had a pretty fortuitous path to the finals. The Warriors would've probably still made it even if they had to face the Clippers. They might've struggled against the Spurs, but the Spurs couldn't beat the Clippers. No need to play what-ifs in that regard. The Pelicans weren't beating them w/ Holiday. The Grizzlies probably would've taken it to 7 but they'd probably still lose. The Rockets w/o Beverly weren't going to beat the Warriors. I still don't know if the Cavs would've beaten them w/ a healthy Irving and Love. Their D would've been suspect and they'd lose the rebounding with Thompson playing a back-up role to Love. It's pretty salty to call them lucky because every champion has had some fortune in regards to teams having injuries and it isn't the Warriors fault. They were blessed w/o any major injuries. They also won 67 games; had the no. 1 D, and no.2 offense so it wasn't like they were a 6th seed sneaking in and getting hot.
And to their credit, they didn't have to play many fourth quarters and risk injuries because they were destroying teams.

Malik Hairston
06-18-2015, 10:36 PM
Easiest from the 90s to present IMO:

1. 1991 Bulls
2. 1998 Bulls
3. 2007 Spurs
4/5. 2009 and 2010 Lakers
6. 2003 Spurs
7. 2004 Pistons
8. 2015 Warriors

Caltex2
06-19-2015, 12:09 AM
The '98 Bulls had to deal with and were lucky to survive the Pacers and had all kinds of trouble with the Jazz. They don't belong there.

DMC
06-19-2015, 10:40 AM
None are easy. When you've never even been good at pickup games, how can you judge how easy a professional team had it? Just stop already. Winner takes all, you don't get to take consolation.

da_suns_fan
06-19-2015, 10:42 AM
09 Lakers definitely had the easiest path but its not you can blame them.

Its not their fault the rest of the league sucked that year.

ambchang
06-19-2015, 11:05 AM

1. 1991 Bulls
2. 1998 Bulls
3. 2007 Spurs
6. 2003 Spurs
7. 2004 Pistons
8. 2015 Warriors

How can you possibly say 03 Spurs and 04 Pistons had it easy?

LkrFan
06-19-2015, 11:16 AM
To say the Dubs had an easy run to the title ethers the defending champs who were in the playoffs this year tbh. :lol

Sean Cagney
06-19-2015, 03:50 PM
I know it's a troll thread, but you have to put the 2007 Spurs up there. Mavs out in first round, choking Suns, and jazz. Then the weakest finalist in modern history, the cavs.

The Jordan Bulls deserve mention as well. The east back in the 90s is almost as weak as the east know, then they have to beat this exhausted team that came out west. 91 was a lakers team with an infected magic, hurt worthy and spent Scott. 92, 93 and 96 were good teams, but then they played the choking jazz twice.

2009 lakers playing against injured team after injured team, then has to face off Dwight.
Spurs fan no doubt but yes that 2007 title run was pretty damn easy for them, they caught a few breaks as most title teams do but the teams they faced were not great at all. I still wonder if they faced Dallas do they avenge the year earlier and win the title? That would have been interesting. The Suns team was tough though, sure they choked a lot as usual but that team was loaded with talent. Denver was on a huge roll too entering the playoffs if I remember correct? That team was a tough first round opponent to face, after the first two rounds though it was cake.

Caltex2
06-19-2015, 04:23 PM

Its not their fault Mutumbo and Yao got hurt that year.

Fixed. As it stood the Rockets went 2-2 and pushed the Lakers to 7 without either. The Rockets would have won the title with at least a healthy Mutumbo, let alone Yao.

Thread
06-19-2015, 04:24 PM
None are easy. When you've never even been good at pickup games, how can you judge how easy a professional team had it? Just stop already. Winner takes all, you don't get to take consolation.

The blind squirrel hitting the ocean again with a grape.

Congratulations.

DMC
06-19-2015, 04:41 PM
The blind squirrel hitting the ocean again with a grape.

Congratulations.
Let's not talk about your sex life.

whitemamba
06-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Wait, by this logic the spurs ( who won last year ) are scrubs? This must mean the 2014 title should be claimed as an even easier way to the ship.

djohn2oo8
06-19-2015, 06:48 PM
The Warriors were very lucky they didn't have to deal with Spurs or Clippers. The Rockets and Grizzlies were clearly the 4th and 5th best teams (it doesn't matter which order) in the West this season while the Clippers and Spurs were clearly not just the 2nd and 3rd (doesn't matter again) in the west but in the entire NBA.

No. Rockets were second, doesn't matter how you spin it. They were down 2 starters, and made it where they did.

Venti Quattro
06-19-2015, 06:58 PM

Its not their fault the rest of the league sucked that year.

The 2009 Lakers (65-17) and the Warriors (67-15) both won their conference's regular season by 11 games

First round:
4-1 Lakers v Jazz
4-0 Warriors v Pelicans

Second round:
4-3 Lakers v Rockets
4-2 Warriors v Grizzlies

Third Round:
4-2 Lakers v Nuggets
4-1 Warriors v Rockets

Finals:
4-1 Lakers v Magic
4-2 Warriors v Cavaliers

Total playoffs:
16-7 for the 2009 Lakers
16-5 for the 2015 Warriors

Though the 2009 Lakers had an easier Finals series than the 2015 Warriors, the road to the Finals of the 2009 Lakers was harder than the 2015 Warriors. But completely agree with you in the last sentence. You can't choose who you face in the playoffs. It's a league of results; you have to beat the team in front of you.

whitemamba
06-19-2015, 06:59 PM
The 2009 Lakers (65-17) and the Warriors (67-15) both won their conference's regular season by 11 games

First round:
4-1 Lakers v Jazz
4-0 Warriors v Pelicans

Second round:
4-3 Lakers v Rockets
4-2 Warriors v Grizzlies

Third Round:
4-2 Lakers v Nuggets
4-1 Warriors v Rockets

Finals:
4-1 Lakers v Magic
4-2 Warriors v Cavaliers

Total playoffs:
16-7 for the 2009 Lakers
16-5 for the 2015 Warriors

Though the 2009 Lakers had an easier Finals series than the 2015 Warriors, the road to the Finals of the 2009 Lakers was harder than the 2015 Warriors. But completely agree with you in the last sentence. You can't choose who you face in the playoffs. It's a league of results; you have to beat the team in front of you.

venti venti venti... it wasint easy in '09 , lakers were just that good.

Venti Quattro
06-19-2015, 07:01 PM
venti venti venti... it wasint easy in '09 , lakers were just that good.

The same with the Warriors this year and the Spurs last year... 60-win teams that were just too good for the rest of the league. That's how NBA Champions are supposed to roll.

whitemamba
06-19-2015, 07:06 PM
The same with the Warriors this year and the Spurs last year... 60-win teams that were just too good for the rest of the league. That's how NBA Champions are supposed to roll.

Exactly, the west is not watered down, teams can play. So to say its easy thats a joke, and only a butthurt fan would say that. Respect to them dubs tbh, first time in the finals and they made it happen, most teams dont just stroll all the way they got to lose one first.

DMC
06-19-2015, 07:26 PM
Exactly, the west is not watered down, teams can play. So to say its easy thats a joke, and only a butthurt fan would say that. Respect to them dubs tbh, first time in the finals and they made it happen, most teams dont just stroll all the way they got to lose one first.
Spurs won 4 before losing one.

whitemamba
06-19-2015, 07:53 PM

1998 - Utah

DMC
06-19-2015, 11:22 PM

1998 - Utah

Moving the goalposts, typical Laker trash faggotry.

Finals.. I know you've not seen one in a while, but try to differentiate between Finals and conference semifinals.

Robz4000
06-19-2015, 11:26 PM

1. 1991 Bulls
2. 1998 Bulls
3. 2007 Spurs
6. 2003 Spurs
7. 2004 Pistons
8. 2015 Warriors

Disagree about the 03 Spurs, but the rest of the list is basically how mine would go.

:lol those 09-10 Laker teams' competition

Caltex2
06-20-2015, 02:49 PM
No. Rockets were second, doesn't matter how you spin it. They were down 2 starters, and made it where they did.

I'm fine with that. But I honestly don't think Beverly would have made all that much more of a difference, or DMo for that matter. Maybe Beverly is able to slow Steph Curry down some but the Warriors were the better team than the Rockets, period.

But regardless, the Spurs or Clippers wouldn't have made as many silly mistakes and would have given it their all throughout the course of each game (i.e. no routine defensive lapses for easy points). I sounded like I wasn't a real fan by being so negative at times but the Rockets could have played better in the playoffs, though they probably only would have gone a game or two farther with that said.

whitemamba
06-20-2015, 03:45 PM
Moving the goalposts, typical Laker trash faggotry.

Finals.. I know you've not seen one in a while, but try to differentiate between Finals and conference semifinals.

Spur fan sour deflect . Typical cuck fAns.

nickdakoolkat
06-20-2015, 04:15 PM
so let me get this straight, the warriors had an easy path to the finals even though they had to face the best young player in the game (Davis), the best big man tandem (gasol, randolph), the runner up MVP (harden), and the self proclaimed GOAT in the finals LBJ....I dont care what other players werent there, that is not a easy road to a championship. Especially for a young team that has never been there and didnt fully understand the effort and the grind that it takes to win one. Its so easy for fans and analysts to say shit is easy but its not. To win a title you gotta have a lot of skill, you gotta be healthy, and you gotta make your own luck, and thats what the warriors were able to do. THere is no easy championship in the NBA with how long and drawn out the playoffs are.

Thread
06-20-2015, 04:25 PM
so let me get this straight, the warriors had an easy path to the finals even though they had to face the best young player in the game (Davis), the best big man tandem (gasol, randolph), the runner up MVP (harden), and the self proclaimed GOAT in the finals LBJ....I dont care what other players werent there, that is not a easy road to a championship. Especially for a young team that has never been there and didnt fully understand the effort and the grind that it takes to win one. Its so easy for fans and analysts to say shit is easy but its not. To win a title you gotta have a lot of skill, you gotta be healthy, and you gotta make your own luck, and thats what the warriors were able to do. THere is no easy championship in the NBA with how long and drawn out the playoffs are.

Your people had James figured out,,,Kerr, Gentry, Walton, they recognize a turd when they see one, no need to advertise it, say it aloud,,,instead keep your trap shut and take advantage of the opponents weakness.